• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PNWsailorGuy

Round Bowen Island Race

Hello,

I know I am tooting my own horn but it is the first race that I have won so I thought I would let the community know that Rock On won the Round Bowen Island race. There were 18 competitors in division one and 98 boats in the massive start. Rock on won its division and came 2nd on the whole race.

It was a light wind race and we battled the last 8th of the race with a well sailed Melges 32.

This is a fun boat to sail,

PNWSguy

Congratulations! Were you racing PHRF Northwest or the ORC measurements? Kirk has said racing in ORC can be a real challenge. Sorry you won't be at Whidbey- it's a perfect venue for the Tigers.

PNW guy:

I'm sitting here, it's still raining but your news is great news.

CONGRATS!

When you win I feel good.

I predict you will win more races in your FT10m.

The designer is much underrated.

great race GS, you guys were launched. It was fun to get back on the water and the new rudder was awesome. Prowler was out the back picking up hats :-( WIRW is the best and hope some other Tigers come out to play.. JA you lurking?

Hello,

I know I am tooting my own horn but it is the first race that I have won so I thought I would let the community know that Rock On won the Round Bowen Island race. There were 18 competitors in division one and 98 boats in the massive start. Rock on won its division and came 2nd on the whole race.

It was a light wind race and we battled the last 8th of the race with a well sailed Melges 32.

This is a fun boat to sail,

PNWSguy

Great job! beating a Melges 32 in light conditions is no easy task!

Congratulations! Were you racing PHRF Northwest or the ORC measurements? Kirk has said racing in ORC can be a real challenge. Sorry you won't be at Whidbey- it's a perfect venue for the Tigers.

We were racing PHRF. I do not know what the ORC rating would have been but we almost rate equal with a Melges 32 in light wind. From my perspective it seems a bit unfair.

PNWSG

PNW guy:

I'm sitting here, it's still raining but your news is great news.

CONGRATS!

When you win I feel good.

I predict you will win more races in your FT10m.

The designer is much underrated.

Hey Bob,

I think it is a great boat too. Maybe you can talk some sense into the guys at ORC. Maybe with some new VPPs (slower) we will get a better rating. B)

PNWSG

Having owned a Tiger and a Melges 32, I can tell you that a Tiger is a fast boat in light air, but a 32 is a much faster boat. Good job beating them and any rating system that rates you close to them is not fair.