jsmin

Lake Erie Anarchy Part 2

EYC frostbiting will be on this year. CC just sent out an e-mail, she is waiting for the green light from the yard, manager...

as for a turkey bowl i would think it can be done at EYC, especialy since we will have crash boats and shit on the ready for the frosbiting. and we should be able to use the frostbiting boats too...

Yeah buddy...Thistle 2503 is in

EYC frostbiting will be on this year. CC just sent out an e-mail, she is waiting for the green light from the yard, manager...

as for a turkey bowl i would think it can be done at EYC, especialy since we will have crash boats and shit on the ready for the frosbiting. and we should be able to use the frostbiting boats too...

Yeah buddy...Thistle 2503 is in

Yahoo

Thats fine news coreymon! I hope a good turnout happens - with some communications and weather luck, could be a great time ;-)

Corey, i didn't see cc's email, are we a go for this sunday?

From CC on 10/23:

Attn: Cold Weather sailors!

I am currently in the process of clearing frostbiting at Edgewater YC with the Fleet Captain and Manager. I will let you all know as soon as it is all good to go. The boats are down, but we need to put masts up. Details to follow asap!

CC Skoch

Hi -

Previously asked about J29 owner names or contacts. Looking to buy one from east coast, but wanted some insight into set-up, tune and "tricks" to get boat up to speed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ethan

Anybody that is not on the EYC frostbite email list should pm me your email so we don't have to copy/paste emails on this thread.

And if you are not on the email list: we are meeting at EYC at 9am this sun. 10/27/13. Members as well as non-members are welcome. $25 cash goes towards fuel/boat parts for the season. This is not a learn to sail program. There is a refundable (as long as you don't damage the boats) deposit, paid via mem. num./ cash/credit...

We have had pretty good turn out over the past few years. With a wide verity of participants male, female, young and old.

Step up to the plate to see if you've got the stuff to get between the hot shot junior sailors and the finish line.

After racing there is beer and food available for purchase in the club.

See everyone out there. Have Fun!

we rigged 4 boats, had enough rc people to make it happen. however, beside bluelaser2, no one showed. so spread the word frostbiting is on, be at EYC 9:30 AM this sun.

As of now participation looks REALLY low for frostbiting again this sunday. If you are planning to come, please PM me as soon as possible. We may be cancelling again this week if there arent enough sailors!

Thanks fellas that was some really fun sailing this morning. Nothing beats that stuff for a tune-up.

Lets see some sailors at Edgewater next Sunday!

Anyone recognize the white sailboat top left corner that gets shoved at 00:25 and knocked over at 00:47?

Pretty wild vid! The power of nature never ceases to amaze.

Anyone recognize the white sailboat top left corner that gets shoved at 00:25 and knocked over at 00:47?

Yes. Lamorne (bottom) and Cracker Jack (top)?

An Ice Tsunami ? Who knew ?

But seriously, sorry to see the damage.

PAX & Fair Winds

Save The Date: Robert's Race 5/30/14 night start. Course(s) and distance(s) TBD.

Online registration coming soon... 60+ NM with possible pursuit start? Stay tuned...

It would appear that the online registration is working properly... if it does not for you, please let us know so we can take care of it.

SI's have been posted, as should have been a revised NOR.

Direct Link

You had me at "Leukemia Cup kickoff party at EYC tonight at 7. Early registration with free beer and snacks
"

Thank you to those who have signed up for the Roberts Race thus far -- I have heard a few verbal commitments, especially for JAM, who have not yet signed up. Just a week left of early registration. Bring your wetsuits.

Sorry to report that Petey Tylee has passed away....Fair Winds, pal

post-1236-0-99742100-1399568116_thumb.jpg

7 PHRF

1 JAM/Aux so far... the JAM course should be a very fun night-time cruise for any cruisers/laid back racers/lack of crew programs that are interested...

Looks like some boats just can't wait to get to the start. Pic from today. It is a long jump from the dock. Rumored that 3 boats and their docks are already in the lake in the vicinity of the start area today.

post-5321-0-13969700-1399989022_thumb.jpg

Anybody know who else?

Looks like some boats just can't wait to get to the start. Pic from today. It is a long jump from the dock. Rumored that 3 boats and their docks are already in the lake in the vicinity of the start area today.

Lassie was rescued...

http://clevelandsailing.com/2014/05/13/the-windlassie-rescue/

No names on boats afloat. All were secured and moved to EWYC. Mrs. Ed, Warrior, Blue Dog, overkill and several others are hanging on. All finger docks from South Island to gasdock are gone. Big yachts north of the gasdock are stacking up against the bulkhead. The island will close tonight at 9. Everyone is asked to stay off island for their own safety.

Lassie was rescued...

http://clevelandsailing.com/2014/05/13/the-windlassie-rescue/

No names on boats afloat. All were secured and moved to EWYC. Mrs. Ed, Warrior, Blue Dog, overkill and several others are hanging on. All finger docks from South Island to gasdock are gone. Big yachts north of the gasdock are stacking up against the bulkhead. The island will close tonight at 9. Everyone is asked to stay off island for their own safety.

yikes, what happened this time? saw a post in march maybe when an ice jam broke

cyc is a great place but that river is brutal

Were doing the Commodore Perry Race next week at North Cape whats the bugs like, mostly Mosquitoes? No screens for the J 29 we have not needed them around the Islands. We did the Trans Erie a few years back at Gross Isle and got eaten alive by mosquitoes.

Haven't seen any skeeters yet this year but that doesn't mean they can't show up at any moment. We get tons of green bugs/mayflies but once again, not yet making an appearance. Generally don't see them until the Mills and sometimes later.

Oh, and welcome to North Cape! You are sticking around for the Mills, aren't you?

Yup doing the Mills were sailing up Thursday whats the plan for Sat night?

Cleveland Race Week is approaching fast and promises great racing and great parties. Register now -- the early registration deadline is June 1st at NOON. Follow the links below to register for all the CRW race events:

One Design Regatta
This year, we are hosting the J/70 Great Lakes Championship and the Tartan Ten Lake Erie Championship over three days from June 13-15. Additional one-design classes, including J/105, J/22, J/24, Ensign, Highlander, Dragon, and Jet-14, are participating over two days (June 14-15). Wristbands are good for all three days including an awesome Regatta Party on Friday evening, and the traditional Blender Party on Saturday.
Register here: http://www.regattanetwork.com/event/7779

Radio Controlled Race Evening
Cleveland Race Week is once again hosting CR-914 and Soling 1M radio-controlled boats for a fun evening of racing in the Edgewater basin. Registration for this event is FREE and light snacks will be provided. If you've got a radio controlled boat, or are interested in building one, this is the place to be Monday evening!
Register here: http://www.regattanetwork.com/event/8551

Women's and Double Handed Race
This year we are running this evening as a fun random-leg race of approximately 90 minutes duration. FREE beer will be flowing once competitors are back on shore, and best of all, registration is just $15!
Register here: http://www.regattanetwork.com/event/8552

Junior Regatta
Once again, CRW plays host to a leg of the I-LYA Junior Traveler series. Racing for Optimists, Lasers, Club-420s and Thistles, and a special ice-cream bar following racing.
Register here: http://www.noticeofrace.net/eventpage.aspx?&ID=300

Offshore Regatta
For the ultimate CRW finale, join PHRF, JAM and one-design offshore fleets for two evenings and two days of fantastic racing. Events kick off the evening of Thursday June 19th with a fun random leg race. Friday evening, we have a very special race planned which will finish in Cleveland Harbor off the William H. Mather. This is a race you do NOT want to miss! Saturday and Sunday see racing on multiple circles, and of course great parties.
Register here: http://www.regattanetwork.com/event/7777

On-Water Volunteer Opportunities
Not able to sail in one of these events? You can still participate in all the fun by volunteering on the water. We are capturing all volunteer information online, so even if you've already talked to someone about volunteering, please take two minutes to register as a volunteer: http://www.eycvolunteer.com/water/volunteer-for-on-water/

The 84th Annual

Lakeside Yacht Club

REGATTA July 11-13, 2014

Lakeside Yacht Club

Invites You to Participate in

The Ruhlman Cup Trophy

Please join us for a great weekend of racing and fun. Sample Cleveland Whiskey's new summer cocktails.
For more information --> http://www.regattanetwork.com/event/8592

The 84th Annual

Lakeside Yacht Club

REGATTA July 11-13, 2014

Lakeside Yacht Club

The Ruhlman Cup Trophy

Please join us for a great weekend of racing and fun. Sample Cleveland Whiskey's new summer cocktails.
For more information --> http://www.regattanetwork.com/event/8592

forgot to mention that sunday will be a longer around the buoys race like last year

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cleveland-Race-Week/107727335928107

88 one-design boats invaded Cleveland Race Week at Edgewater Yacht Club in Cleveland, Ohio from June 13-15. Eight fleets competed, including 25 J/70s duking out the Great Lakes Championship and 18 Tartan 10s seeking the title of Lake Erie Champion. Both the J/70s and Tartan 10s began their series on Friday, which featured Northwest breezes in the teens and typical Lake Erie waves. Winds started strong again on Saturday morning when all fleets got in on the action, but died off throughout the day. Sunday dawned with light breeze but increased, making for a beautiful day of racing in Cleveland. The Race Committee ran three separate circles and was able to complete up to 11 races on certain courses.
The Fleet winners:
Tartan 10: Team Iball, Scott Irwin, North Cape Yacht Club (17 points, 11 races)
J/22: Mo' Money, Vic Snyder/Kevin Doyle, Youngstown Yacht Club (17 points, 6 races)
J/24: Black & Tan, Steve Hronek, EYC (9 points, 6 races)
J/70: Team Bayview, Paul Hulsey, Bayview Yacht Club (49 points, 10 races)
J/105: it, Jim Sminchak/Doug Moose, LYC (9 points, 6 races)
Dragon: The Schmucks, Mike Mahar, Edgewater Yacht Club (17 points, 6 races)
Ensign: Jager, Jim Collins, ECA (16 points, 6 races)
Jet 14: Na Pame, Dave Michos, EYC (12 points, 8 races)
For complete information, visit www.clevelandraceweek.com. Racing continues through next Sunday in RC Sailboats, Women’s, Doublehanded, Juniors and PHRF.

Thought about making the trip to Cleveland to race at CRW next weekend, but unfortunately your NOR cites PHRF-LE.

Hell will freeze over before I waste my time at an event that their organization is involved with. The crap they pulled in the Mills race was the final straw. I am astonished that Toledo Yacht Club and the Storm Trysail Club failed to follow RRS, managed the race so poorly, and seemingly had no problems using intentionally backdated documents. Ethical? Corinthian? In the best interest of our sport? You can answer those questions yourself.

There ya go Kellner, Gilford, Frazier, Glanville and the rest of team PHRF-LE and their conspiring friends, you finally won. Do you feel satisfied that you succeeded in chasing yet another person away from the sport on "your" lake? How is it going for you? Is participation up? Is membership up?

You know, Curtis, I suspect whatever level of support you may have once realized at your home club has seriously eroded, perhaps even evaporated by virtue of the approach you have chosen. You have repeatedly made your point re your boat and the decisions of those in charge have not gone in your favor. That's the way it goes in life, sometimes you win a battle, sometimes you lose. In this case you have lost and it's well past time for you to move on. Perhaps one reason participation could be down because some have chosen not to play in your pool.

What is the parking situation for CRW tonight regarding the Edgewater Park food truck/live music situation?

get here as early as possible! and stay late! ;-) last week it was REALLY busy once that event kicked off.

What is the parking situation for CRW tonight regarding the Edgewater Park food truck/live music situation?

Just in case no one from EYC/CRW responds, here is my suggestion: get to EYC early today. Last thurs. the park was jam packed with cars, due to the music in the park etc. the shore way was backed up in both directions due to the massive influx of peeps. As far as I know there is no special parking araingement but I could be wrong, either way get there early. I waited a solid 15-20 min. last week waiting in line on the shore way and that was around 6pm.

I think they have the traffic cop working more effectively now. I got there right at 6pm and even though there was a long line of cars, it was only a couple minutes to get into the club.

So word is that PHRF course RC was a cluster today?

.... And what were you doing?

So word is that PHRF course RC was a cluster today?

If you're referring to circle 2, combining the fleets was just to get an extra race in. However, I'm not sure why they did the same yesterday since we had plenty of wind.

I wouldn't describe their work as a cluster.

Regardless if it was a cluster or not, people are quite eager to judge and point fingers and moan when it's not them running the event themselves... and when the wind flops, dies, and then builds back much later, it's going to be hard for anyone to keep on top of. Thanks for a good regatta.

Not a cluster at all ever on Course 2.Combining the Divisions I felt was appropriate to save time for a possible third race for

all the fleets. JAM simply ran out of time due to the 1400 start time restriction.I give the RC good marks overall and especially for having a appropriate sized line when they did decide to combine divisions for a single start.

The 84th Annual

Lakeside Yacht Club

REGATTA July 11-13, 2014

Lakeside Yacht Club

The Ruhlman Cup Trophy

For more information --> http://www.regattane....com/event/8592
Sunday we will try to have a around the buoys middle distance race like last year.