• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
opusone

Ker 43 Ptarmigan

Any info on this boat - it appears to be winning its class (Block Island) by quite a margin with a 1.259 IRC rating. Could not find any info on Kers web page.

Thanks,

opusone

its cool, but FUGLY

I guess perfect ultra light air conditions for her so far this week.

Conditions were 8-12 on Monday (R1) and 12-15 yesterday (R2&3)

It looks pretty cool and very fast, they have been launched during every race.

its cool, but FUGLY

Fugly? Are you for real!?! What kind of boat do you find sexy?

Surely it must be a IOR warhorse… (nothing against IOR’s)

Please do tell because I’m very intrigued to know.

I think that is a fine looking boat. What's not to like? It looks pretty much like a small TP52. Besides if you spend all day behind it all you are going to see is the transom anyway and the further away they get the better that transom is going to look.

They are racing very well. Light air machine....and it looks sweet too

Fugly?... When you are doing 12 kts DW and one of these new Kers come past you at 20+ kts crew smiling like cheshire cats, thats when I thought to myself, I'm on the wrong boat!

Glad to see they didn't make the same mistake as they did with the old Ptarmigan. Great looking boat.

Good to see it doing well in the light - would have thought it will be even better in breeze when all the other leadmines are just digging holes in the ocean. Not very original with the colour though.

Glad to see they didn't make the same mistake as they did with the old Ptarmigan. Great looking boat.

That was my first thought

Good to see it doing well in the light - would have thought it will be even better in breeze when all the other leadmines are just digging holes in the ocean. Not very original with the colour though.

I am convinced there is some 500 gallon tank of blue paint somewhere in NZ that everyone dips from for pennies a gallon

Fugly?... When you are doing 12 kts DW and one of these new Kers come past you at 20+ kts crew smiling like cheshire cats, thats when I thought to myself, I'm on the wrong boat!

Exactly!!!!!

its cool, but FUGLY

You need your fuggin eyes checked newbie!

That's sex on a stik!!!

P1000033_620.jpg

Raced against her yesterday, very fast in the light. We owe her time under IRC on the Carkeek and she smoked us over the line. Narrow as hell at the waterline, very flared topsides, almost Cone of Silence flared for much of the length of the hull. Lovely boat.

The real story is Mr Clean was seen on the lawn at NYYC with a gin and tonic talking to guys in blue blazers, and he didn't burst into flames. What would Lesbian Robot say?

Gin and fucking Tonic? My reputation is ruined! Next you'll say I was drinking a virgin daquiri.

Ok ok. I made up the G+T part.

Gin and fucking Tonic? My reputation is ruined! Next you'll say I was drinking a virgin daquiri.

Ok ok. I made up the G+T part.

So was it a Virgin Daquiri?

Wish I could've been there racing. Looking like a great weekend racing in spite of some light air yesterday.

1130 under AP again. I hope the ESPO - JT shit fight is still going over in the CIYC thread. Got nothing left to read here. Not sure why RC sent us up the bay today andthe others outside. :(

0.00 here on the ocean. Occasional puffs to 0.5

Boatbuilding going on as Guinness takes advantage of delay to prep for Bermuda

0.00 here on the ocean. Occasional puffs to 0.5

Boatbuilding going on as Guinness takes advantage of delay to prep for Bermuda

Hope Guinness is using every BN's favourite tool, big orange hammer!

69358_big.jpg

We ended up dropping everyone off the boat except for 6 to sail in the 4-6 knots of grossness. Then our tactico missed a big, big shift, and went from 3rd to last...I was glad to be one of those dropped on the RIB with lovely Jenn and Franny for that race! That was an awful lot of time and money for two shitty races, but probably a very good practice for the Bermuda.

boat is off to MIchigan

what a deal - 50% disount off new for a 12 month old boat

That is some serious depreciation.

And it will depreciate another 40-50% for the next buyer in a couple of years. The buyer after that will get a great toy for not much over $150k in 4 or 5 years from now. That is, if it isn't donated.

wow....its a hell of a toy

Would have been a perfect step up for you. Great distance racing boat

i hear ya, but no. 3 kid heading to college next year so.....

My number 3 finishes this May, same week my number 1 gets married.

Then number 4 off to college in 2014. It never ends until you die.

No 1 says ;'Dad, the place I want to get married is only avail Memorial Day weekend.

I say 'What!? Thats the Block Island Race!

She says yes, I know I;m really sorry.

I said well, if its windy, I might make it back in time.

lol, u writing checks?

Not since I made the terrible decision to upgrade to first class on the way home from India.

First Class on PIA? So like what does that mean, no livestock in the forward cabin?

I wonder what that works out to in DpPD?

DpPD is Dollars per Pickle Dish.

boat is off to MIchigan

The last one went out west too, same program?

I was just gunna say... any idea where in Michigan and/or to who?

Looks like a nice boat... hopefully I'll get to see it next year if it's close

boat is off to MIchigan

Not the same program.

It will be located on Lake Michigan, but I'm not at liberty to say who. Some of the crew post here, so I'm sure when they are ready to announce it, they will.

boat is off to MIchigan

Not the same program.

It will be located on Lake Michigan, but I'm not at liberty to say who. Some of the crew post here, so I'm sure when they are ready to announce it, they will.

Understood, thanks for the info! Beautiful boat.. looking forward to seeing it

lol, u writing checks?

Not since I made the terrible decision to upgrade to first class on the way home from India.

First Class on PIA? So like what does that mean, no livestock in the forward cabin?

I wonder what that works out to in DpPD?

DpPD is Dollars per Pickle Dish.

I got the option of the chicken tikka or the mutton rogan josh and they had both normal and strong varieties of Kingfisher.

Is the last one called Promo or something? The IMS design

Is the last one called Promo or something? The 50 ft IMS design

I hear it was called Promo or something, and was the IMS design.

I hear it was called Promo or something, and was the IMS 50 design.

First time positng Cliffie?

I have often wondered why folks don't give a little more thought to what they name their boats. You really need to consider what the others are gonna call your boat, not what you call it. For instance, perfect case in point, Promo? Really?

I have often wondered why folks don't give a little more thought to what they name their boats. You really need to consider what the others are gonna call your boat, not what you call it. For instance, perfect case in point, Promo? Really?

liogthen up Francis!

some boatowners, especially racers, will often incorporate the name of their business into thier boat names

maybe thats the case here

http://promoonline.org/images/stories/homeslide/takepledge3.jpg

boat is off to MIchigan

There's a sucker born every day, but twice??

liogthen up Francis!

some boatowners, especially racers, will often incorporate the name of their business into thier boat names

http://promoonline.o...takepledge3.jpg

Don't call me Francis!

liogthen up Francis!

http://promoonline.o...takepledge3.jpg

Don't call me Francis!

And I can't call you sucker, because your not stupid enough to own a race boat.

There is something to be said for shaking the hand of the owner your race with, as you are stepping off the boat, and asking what you can bring next week.

There is something to be said for shaking the hand of the owner your race with, as you are stepping off the boat, and asking what you can bring next week.

Nobody ever asks me that, I guess having to put up with me is a price.

The last Ptarmigan/Promo Nelson Marek 52 was never pretty, but we had fun with it both on the East Coast and again on Lake Michigan. She went from RI out to Manitowock WI, if I remember rightly.

They just don't appreciate all you do for them.

They just don't appreciate all you do for them.

How's that work then ? shaking hands as you step off the boat, I would think one or both of us would end up in the drink.

or is this some kind of really big boat gig where you say bye as you head down the ganglank ?

It woude be an honner and privedge to brigge somthinge.....

Don't give him any ideas

Well Josh and I were talking and we were thinking maybe if we did a little surgery on the old #1 we flew for about fourteen seconds during the ALIR...

It could become a success story like the famed jibtop.

boat is off to MIchigan

Not the same program.

Understood, thanks for the info! Beautiful boat.. looking forward to seeing it

Home, does this boat have one? Spill it.....

Macatawa Bay

The new Drumbeat?

Interesting thought.

Ted does get bored/change boats frequently.

Didn't he just sell the Soto 40?

After Hughes front page article raving about the J70, I doubt its the new heartbreaker.

Just my speculation that it’s the new Drumbeat.

The Soto 40 went out to Nova Scotia at the end of the 2011 season. I also believe that the Drumbeat contingency tried to charter the DK 46 First Light for the 2012 season but it never came to fruition.

Matt B is probably in the know.

No pressure to spill the beans or anything....

The Soto 40 went out to Nova Scotia at the end of the 2011 season. I also believe that the Drumbeat contingency tried to charter the DK 46 First Light for the 2012 season but it never came to fruition.

I believe you're right about the soto and DK46... if it is indeed heading to Macatawa, I would bet that it will be Etheridge's

Oh, the pressure.

I can confirm one thing. There was a potential charter last year for First Light. Someone should buy it! CHEAP!!!

All who are interested , Ptarmigan It is the new Drumbeat. Being painted right now A few more creature comforts for me, and we are all looking forward to it. Just a heads up that Matts DK is an exceptional boat and if Ptarmigan had not found me via Quantum I for sure would have purchased the DK.

All who are interested , Ptarmigan It is the new Drumbeat. Being painted right now A few more creature comforts for me, and we are all looking forward to it. Just a heads up that Matts DK is an exceptional boat and if Ptarmigan had not found me via Quantum I for sure would have purchased the DK.

Excited to be racing against the new boat on Wednesdays and Saturdays!

Congrats on the buy

Congrats on the purchase. Raced against her last year at NYYC Annual Regatta. We have a similar ride (Rogers 46) and we love it. Still sorting it out, but we should be ready for Transpac. Enjoy the new ride - a little more boat than the Soto, but I believe you will really appreciate it.

Cheers and good luck,

opusone

A few more creature comforts for me,

whatever this means, I've checked w/ the boys and you're being granted a 5-pound 'allowance' subject to it being finished in high gloss carbon, spend wisely.

:-)