• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Jack

Single -double handed sailing options

anyone interested in providing insight to single handling this boat?

I am hoping to spice up my sailing on a new FT 10 after years drifting on 19th century gentleman's boats. I just like to solo, enjoy to cruise the Oakland estuary with my young son and but ultimately want to run hard with the SSS. (Right now I can only make 2 marks in a three bridge fiasco and get slapped on the downhills in my noble and quite forgiving wooden aux racer on the other races throughout the season).

I sail quite a bit but all I ever see are these boats and crew straight out of the gay pride parade -not that there is anything wrong with the lifestyle. The real question is how do I sail this boat without having a collection friends of Marys?

OK that was a poor wiseass post with an iphone... It just seems for a 60k, this boat shouldn't be just a gun with required but a more rounded boat. I suspect that many have this racer and another boat which serves a more leisurely-luxury ride.

As I begin to explore sports boats and FT 10's more specifically, I just need to go be a day ride on one to decide if it is right for me and my limited crew.

if you're in SF PM me, we'll get you out. One of the FTs here has done some singlehandling, including a round around the rockpile: http://www.norcalsailing.com/archives/Entries/2009/5/17_Singlehanded_Farallones.html

Cazza

OK that was a poor wiseass post with an iphone... It just seems 60K for a 60k boat shouldn't be just a gun but a more rounded boat. I suspect that many have this racer or and another boat which serves a more leisurely-luxury ride.

As I begin to explore sports boats and FT 10's more specifically, I just need to go and be a crew on one to decide if it is right for me and my limited crew.

post-5330-018078200 1309150095_thumb.png

but ultimately want to run hard with the SSS.
From what I've seen they are a bit tippy (narrow beam) so singlehanding is going to be a challenge of keeping her upright..... up and down wind. Nothing beats time at the helm singlehanding. Get out there and figure it out.