Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GauchoGreg

"America's Cup Uncovered" Show

Noticed KK's significant other was caught on film at about 19 minutes.

Good family business at GGYC, not the only one.

BTW, KK put us both on ignore. :)

As usual your facts are totally wrong.

Noticed KK's significant other was caught on film at about 19 minutes.

Good family business at GGYC, not the only one.

BTW, KK put us both on ignore. :)

As usual your facts are totally wrong.

Sorry, but I don't think KK loves you more than me or...... pjfrank.

TC, pjfranck,MSP, it is normal. You and SR, I don't know, I guess you will.

krispy kreme, on 26 August 2011 - 05:21 AM, said: How to manage palatability on the forums.

Put the following people on Ignore:

EaglesPDX

Maguah Scalps Pilgrims

Tornado Cat

PJ Franks

Stingray

SW Sailor

Da Woody

You'd be amazed at how lucid the forums become as a result.

As a maiden post I discovered the weekly America's Cup TV show on Sky Sports and I am really attracted by what is going to happen in the next two years. The shows are good, but I would like a bit more history as well. With the event in Plymouth starting soon such a shame that the British don't have a boat. I think Keith Mills jumped out too early.

I think Keith Mills jumped out too early.

I'm sure next time he isn't sure how to spend a few million he'll ask for your advice. Now hop off.

As a maiden post I discovered the weekly America's Cup TV show on Sky Sports and I am really attracted by what is going to happen in the next two years. The shows are good, but I would like a bit more history as well. With the event in Plymouth starting soon such a shame that the British don't have a boat. I think Keith Mills jumped out too early.

Uncovered #1 breezes thru some of what you may be looking for, on YouTube online at here

If you enjoy story lines then #8 is really quite good, especially the Will Stirling segment. ^

ACU 9 should be out today, here's hoping for another well produced episode. They definitely have been on a good improvement trend.

Apparently, not even the editors watched a full copy of ACU8, or they wouldn't have posted it to YT...at 7:05, the audio goes hard static and the video freezes for a few seconds before continuing. I DL'ed the source file and the problem is in the actual file...

Apparently, not even the editors watched a full copy of ACU8, or they wouldn't have posted it to YT...at 7:05, the audio goes hard static and the video freezes for a few seconds before continuing. I DL'ed the source file and the problem is in the actual file...

Yes, there is a second delay too, shortly after. Maybe they viewed it before uploading but did not check it after. On delays, I wonder why ACU9 is still not out? Was due yesterday.

This interview is newly uploaded, not too much in it but it's the first 'up close' that I've seen with Stephanie.

I wonder why ACU9 is still not out? Was due yesterday.

~Could~ be that they want to wait until it has been broadcast by the purchasers, before releasing it on YT.

Sunday,September 25,2011

Time Program 6:00am Hunt Fish Cook 6:30am Sport Fishing with Dan Hernandez 7:00am Angler West 7:30am The Wild Life with Jeremy 8:00am Fish Whispering 8:30am Planet X 11:30am America's Cup Uncovered

Read more: Comcast SportsNet - Authentic Bay Area Sports

Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

Apparently, not even the editors watched a full copy of ACU8, or they wouldn't have posted it to YT...at 7:05, the audio goes hard static and the video freezes for a few seconds before continuing.

... and another one at 8:13 , for that matter - but they probably fell asleep before

Finally took the time to watch the

show (47 minutes). At 22:30 is a good replay of Energy's righting, there's a lot else good in it too.

Apparently, not even the editors watched a full copy of ACU8, or they wouldn't have posted it to YT...at 7:05, the audio goes hard static and the video freezes for a few seconds before continuing.

... and another one at 8:13 , for that matter - but they probably fell asleep before

There are also a few hiccups with lips being out of sync with voices, in the extended highlights video. It could be a result of the upload and format conversion by YouTube, I've experienced that symptom myself when uploading from (think it was) an MPG format.

America's Cup Uncovered - Episode 9

After a dramatic fleet race the teams are fighting against time to get their boats back on the water. Rock star Charlie Simpson is in town and double Olympian Ian Percy gives his first impressions after joining Artemis Racing.

Dang, David Fuller did something useful instead of mostly just comparing Facebook fan numbers :) I think I read somewhere that he was to be a guest on the final Sunday in Plymouth but missed out because of the danger.

Interesting interview

Is that the yacht sponsorship guy?

Yep, David Fuller.

He has had some out-there thoughts at times, like when he freaked out over the AUS challenge being announced without a web site he could find hit counts for, before realizing there ~was~ one with a .AU instead of .COM; and a few other irrational pieces too. But he was in Plymouth, and Trapani before that, and Cowes, and the most recent WYRF, and twitters all day long, and is pretty well wired.

But again, he takes some real leaps at times - especially in trying to quantify 'social media' importances through FB 'Likes' counts and such. Those metrics are not good measures of much, yet anyway.

The silly Plymouth business booster memo that he tried to make an issue of, was also pretty far out there since it was extremely tennuous to the conclusion he was already predestined to draw.

FB:

<<America's Cup

America's Cup Uncovered Episode 10 airs tomorrow, 1 October. This week's show picks up at the conclusion of the Match Racing Championships at AC World Series - Plymouth with Team Korea and GB Olympic Diver Tom Daley. We'll also uncover the jet ski umpires and go behind the scenes with Emirates Team New Zealand, as the kiwis look to end their regatta on a high. Be sure to tune in tomorrow...>>

Is that the yacht sponsorship guy?

He has transcribed a few of Worth's 'money' quotes now, at here

http://www.yachtraci...-richard-worth/

That's an interesting interview, especially the last minute. I hadn't previously "got" that ACRM is seen as rolling forwards into AC35 but ACEA is the child of GGYC (nominally at least) and does not necessarily do so. The implications of that, in terms of who owns the rights to whatever value ACEA may create, such as its technology, don't seem to be well understood.

America's Cup Uncovered - Episode 10

Uploaded by AmericasCup on Sep 29, 2011

The America's Cup World Series Plymouth is drawing to a close, we follow the conclusion of the Match Racing Championships with Team Korea and GB Olympic hopeful Tom Daley. We'll also uncover the jet ski umpires and go behind the scenes with Emirates Team New Zealand, as the kiwis look to end their regatta on a high.

I don't understand this at all. I could see why TVNZ might claim it had exclusive broadcast rights in NZ and feel the YouTube material underlined that. I don't see howTVNZ could possibly have claimed copyright. Copyright is basically an author's right (using author in a broad sense as the creator of the work). TVNZ didn't create this material.

Flag this as a major victory for www.sail-world.com and Richard Gladwell.

KiwiSpy went to bat for NZ Cup viewers and, weeks after the Plymouth event ended, has finally won acknowledgement from ACEA and TVNZ that we're entitled to see AC content on UTube and that it should not be blocked. It's bloody pathetic that it took all this effort to get a sane response!

Simply great that RG's achieved this!

Hilarious, really, that it took this much blood, sweat and tears to have these jokers affirm that they screwed up bigtime.

There's a long piece in the latest sail-world posting. It's headline reads "America's Cup: Television NZ admits error over Youtube block in NZ" Here's the guts of it:

"Following the refusal by ACEA and TVNZ to comment on the record, Sail-World then approached ACEA's Stephanie Martin, reciting the comments from TVNZ, and asking for an explanation as to how the claimed breach of copyright had occurred.

She responded last Friday: 'All of the America's Cup content on our YouTube channel that provides an embed code is shareable and we actively encourage people to share it', she said in a prepared statement by ACEA.

'Sail-World did not violate copyright by embedding this content on their site nor by sharing this content with their users.

'Sail-World has been a long-time supporter of the America's Cup and a tremendous advocate of the sport of sailing worldwide.'

Sail-World's publisher then initiated a further discussion with TVNZ' s Murray Needham, asking him to reconcile his comments on crew.org.nz with the statement made by ACEA. Early Wednesday afternoon a statement was issued to Sail-World for publication in explanation of TVNZ's position and actions:

'Recently TVNZ expressed concerns over America's Cup World Series content appearing online in this country. Since then it has become clear that under the protocols of ACEA's YouTube channel, material made available in this country via YouTube, complete with embed codes, is authorised for sharing.

'TVNZ accepts that content embedded and shared in this way has not breached copyright.'"

Amen!

Let's hope ACEA/TVNZ get it right for San Diego.

This showed up in a google search, seems topical.

Invitation to submit offers for Media Rights - Italy

http://www.americasc...Right_Italy.pdf

There is a clause under Exclusivity: that mentions the possibility of geo-blocking.

ACEA currently makes available the Licensed Programmes listed above on its

branded channel on youtube.com and on its official website americascup.com

and such transmissions shall be made available within the Territory (the “ACEA

Reserved Right”). In addition to the submission of a Bid pursuant to which the

Applicant intends to exploit the Media Rights simultaneously with such ACEA

Reserved Right, Applicants may submit an additional Bid pursuant to which the

relevant websites are geo-blocked such that the ACEA Reserved Right in respect

of a Licensed Programme is not exploited at the same time as the broadcaster’s

own transmission of such Licensed Programme via broadband services within the

Territory.

I read it twice, but:

Does that mean ~all~ UTube coverage, including Live, should be available from NZ?

It means that a subject that should be cut and dried is still pretty murky!

How are we supposed to know what content has an embed code for crissake.

Guess RG still has some digging to do.

the possibility of geo-blocking.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-15162241 is a topical ruling by the European Court of Justice on that subject. Only applies within the EU of course & I said "topical" not "relevant"!

The ECJ said national legislation, which banned the use of overseas decoders, could not "be justified either in light of the objective of protecting intellectual property rights or by the objective of encouraging the public to attend football stadiums".However, the ECJ did add that while live matches were not protected by copyright, any surrounding media, such as any opening video sequence, the Premier League anthem, pre-recorded films showing highlights of recent Premier League matches and various graphics, were "works" protected by copyright. To use any of these extra parts associated of a broadcast, a pub would need the permission of the Premier League. It remains to be seen whether pubs could broadcast match action without using any of these Premier League "extras", such as just broadcasting from kick-off only and therefore avoid breaching the league's copyright. By ensuring that its branding was on screen all the time, or including in-match graphics, the league may be able to claim pubs were in breach of this ECJ ruling on copyright.

"It's not a decision that the Premier League or its clubs wanted," Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey told BBC Radio WM after the ECJ ruling was made. The Premier League have been aware of the situation and the possibility of the judgement going against them for some time now and have been assessing how it will sell TV rights going forward.

Published on Oct 8, 2011 by AmericasCup

The America's Cup World Series is moving on from Plymouth, we canvas spectators on the viewing experience and preview San Diego, the third stop on the World Series. Also featuring GB Olympic coach Jim Saltonstall and Team China's search for sailing talent.

AC Uncovered 12 (due tomorrow) includes - according to today's SButt - a segment about TT, from Switzerland where he lives. Plus, Genny T rides an AC45, and ETNZ's Winston Macfarlane hits the gym and describes 'weighty expectations.'

AC Uncovered 12 (due tomorrow) includes - according to today's SButt - a segment about TT, from Switzerland where he lives. Plus, Genny T rides an AC45, and ETNZ's Winston Macfarlane hits the gym and describes 'weighty expectations.'

The news from Spain is that ETNZ had another man-over-board incident. Was MacFarlane there?

Well, well. Who's eating crow? ;)

http://www.sail-worl...ock-in-NZ/89308

I'm just glad that Kiwi Porta Potty had such an instrumental role in getting this all set up and straightened out.

No response from the anal ass hole that corrects everything anybody posts that may have so much as punctuation errors ?

Where's the ECC expert of the forum ?

No response from the anal ass hole that corrects everything anybody posts....

Eh ! SW, each time you let an intelligent poster write under your name you get the authorization to write yourself ? :lol:

best one yet. I actually watched the whole thing!

Amazing how they can do an interview without it becoming all about the person asking the questions...

best one yet. I actually watched the whole thing!

Amazing how they can do an interview without it becoming all about the person asking the questions...

Not a dig at Clean but yes, I like that about these shows too. And while they have done interviews with a few of the broadcast announcers (GT in this one, Annie Gardner in a recent one) it's been nice that during the actual racing the focus is on the action and the sailors, not on the announcers. I hope it stays that way.

I like Shirley Robertson well enough but many of the CNN MainSail shows feature mostly her. Btw, she was in Plymouth, am a little surprised that S&V (who produce both shows) have not put her in any ACU's. Could be a CNN / contractual thing.

Fun to see the 'High Dive' in there. The Bro took me by there first when we came over the Bay Bridge, for a quick drink before the grand tour of the waterfront.

Looking forward to the next one.

I like Shirley Robertson well enough but many of the CNN MainSail shows feature mostly her. Btw, she was in Plymouth, am a little surprised that S&V (who produce both shows) have not put her in any ACU's. Could be a CNN / contractual thing.

RC Interview with Shirley, from Plymouth

ORACLE Racing on CNN’s MainSail

Posted on 22 October 2011

CNN MainSail host Shirley Robertson caught up with ORACLE Racing skipper Russell Coutts during the ACWS Plymouth for a segment in the current episode of MainSail.

“The America’s Cup has changed beyond all recognition,” says Robertson. “The slow, heavy keelboats are gone, replaced by wing-powered flying machines. And where there used to be 18 crew there are now only five. And that has made the America’s Cup a totally new game.”

In the interview, Robertson says to Coutts: “If you win the America’s Cup you get the opportunity to stack the odds even more: you get to pick the venue, the boats, the format… ”

Russell responds: “Frankly … I don’t agree that’s the way to win the Cup. You’ve got to design better boats and you’ve got to sail them better than the opposition. If you’re relying on somehow stacking the deck, frankly I think it’s a recipe for disaster and you lose.”

For something a little different, doing more than 'talking' a good game..........................

"This year's special guest competitor, Tom Ehman (Valencia, Spain) is in fourth place and 13 points behind Raab. Crewing for Ehman this week is Kelson Elam (Heath, Texas). Ehman was in the hunt for most of the day. They won race two and finished with a scoring line of 5-1-3-15-15-2 for 41 points. Ehman is no stranger to the Championship of Champions. He won the Jack Brown Trophy in 1976."

From Sail-World: Champions_of_Champions_Regatta

Website Photos: http://championships.ussailing.org/Adult/CofC/2011_Photos.htm

For something a little different, doing more than 'talking' a good game..........................

"This year's special guest competitor, Tom Ehman (Valencia, Spain) is in fourth place and 13 points behind Raab. Crewing for Ehman this week is Kelson Elam (Heath, Texas). Ehman was in the hunt for most of the day. They won race two and finished with a scoring line of 5-1-3-15-15-2 for 41 points. Ehman is no stranger to the Championship of Champions. He won the Jack Brown Trophy in 1976."

Website Photos: http://championships...2011_Photos.htm

Cute! TE listed his boat class as the AC45 :D

http://www.regattane...465&show_crew=1

Pos,Sail, Boat, Skipper, Results, Total Points

1. , Flying Scot, Andrew Eagan/Marcus Eagan, 2-[10]-2-3-1-[12]-1-5-2-4-1-6-3-1- ; 31

2. , Day Sailer, Mike Gillum/Mardi Gillum, [8]-5-1-6-[13]-3-2-4-8-2-3-1-1-3- ; 39

3. , Mercury, Chris Raab/Bill Draheim, 3-3-4-5-[12]-1-[14]-3-3-1-10-12-9-2- ; 56

4. , AC 45, Thomas Ehman/Kelson Elam, 5-1-3-[15]-[15]-2-7-13-4-6-7-8-6-4- ; 66

5. , Laser Masters, Dick Tillman/Scott Young, 7-[20/OCS]-14-1-3-4-8-8-1-11-2-3-10-[16]- ; 72

6. , Windmill, Ethan Bixby/Amy Drinker, 1-[12]-[12]-10-9-5-6-1-7-10-12-11-2-12- ; 86

7. , Melges 20, J. Michael Kiss/Mitchell Kiss, 11-8-5-[14]-11-7-3-[19]-6-14-11-2-14-6- ; 98

8. , Comet, Talbott Ingram/Carol Lee Ingram, 13-11-7-[17]-7-10-9-7-[14]-12-6-4-7-13- ; 106

9. , Interclub, Paul-Jon Patin/Rodrigo Favela

Ann Ramsey, [14]-9-11-13-2-11-4-10-10-13-5-13-8-[14]- ; 109

10. , Lido 14, Mark Ryan/Paul Anctil

Mike Anctil, 17-4-8-2-6-16-11-2-12-7-13-[20/OCS]-[19]-18- ; 116

11. , Catalina 22, Reid Collins/Douglas Thome, 9-[18]-15-[18]-10-6-18-11-11-9-4-7-4-15- ; 119

12. , Laser, martine zurinskas/David Reddaway, 15-15-17-9-[18]-9-5-6-5-16-8-[18]-12-9- ; 126

13. , Sunfish, Anne Edwards/Todd Edwards

Bill Brangiforte, 10-2-[19]-7-17-[19]-15-16-9-5-9-9-18-10- ; 127

14. , E Scow, Peter Hurley/Glen Dickson, 6-14-16-8-8-8-16-[18]-[18]-3-15-16-13-7- ; 130

15. , Lido 14, Tracey Kenney/Barrett Sprout

Susan Justus, 12-[17]-6-12-5-15-10-9-[17]-17-17-10-11-8- ; 132

16. , Hobie 16, Matt Bounds/Paul Krutty, 4-13-[18]-4-4-13-[20/OCS]-15-15-15-18-5-15-17- ; 138

17. , Buccaneer 18, David Spira/Dennis Martinelli, 18-16-9-16-[19]-18-13-12-13-[19]-14-15-5-5- ; 154

18. , Ensigns, Zeke Durica/Kent Gordon, 16-6-13-11-14-14-12-14-16-[18]-16-[17]-16-11- ; 159

19. , Mariner, Arthur Leiz/James Curran, [19]-7-10-[19]-16-17-17-17-19-8-19-14-17-19- ; 180

20. , Mutineer, Ernie French/Noah French, [21/DNC]-[21/DNC]-21/DNC-21/DNC-21/DNC-21/DNC-21/DNC-21/DNC-21/DNC-21/DNC-21/DNC-21/DNC-21/DNC-21/DNC- ; 252

---

Here's an 'uncovered' photo, from after I asked TE about him sailing in this event

35 years later... The three E's -- Eagan, Elam and Ehman at dinner tonight. Mark's kids, Andrew and Marcus, are leading after 14 races. 6 more tmrw.

msbr0k.jpg

Gary's talk.

2llk9hs.jpg

Website Photos: http://championships...2011_Photos.htm

Cute! TE listed his boat class as the AC45 :D

http://www.regattane...465&show_crew=1

You know, his placing is not too bad considering what I would guess as someone who does not get a lot of sailing time in. Maybe that was why he scratched the last event at GGYC, he needed to get out and get some practice time in! ;)

1. , Flying Scot, Andrew Eagan/Marcus Eagan, 2-[10]-2-3-1-[12]-1-5-2-4-1-6-3-1- ; 31

2. , Day Sailer, Mike Gillum/Mardi Gillum, [8]-5-1-6-[13]-3-2-4-8-2-3-1-1-3- ; 39

3. , Mercury, Chris Raab/Bill Draheim, 3-3-4-5-[12]-1-[14]-3-3-1-10-12-9-2- ; 56

5. , Laser Masters, Dick Tillman/Scott Young, 7-[20/OCS]-14-1-3-4-8-8-1-11-2-3-10-[16]- ; 72

6. , Windmill, Ethan Bixby/Amy Drinker, 1-[12]-[12]-10-9-5-6-1-7-10-12-11-2-12- ; 86

7. , Melges 20, J. Michael Kiss/Mitchell Kiss, 11-8-5-[14]-11-7-3-[19]-6-14-11-2-14-6- ; 98

8. , Comet, Talbott Ingram/Carol Lee Ingram, 13-11-7-[17]-7-10-9-7-[14]-12-6-4-7-13- ; 106

11. , Catalina 22, Reid Collins/Douglas Thome, 9-[18]-15-[18]-10-6-18-11-11-9-4-7-4-15- ; 119

12. , Laser, martine zurinskas/David Reddaway, 15-15-17-9-[18]-9-5-6-5-16-8-[18]-12-9- ; 126

14. , E Scow, Peter Hurley/Glen Dickson, 6-14-16-8-8-8-16-[18]-[18]-3-15-16-13-7- ; 130

16. , Hobie 16, Matt Bounds/Paul Krutty, 4-13-[18]-4-4-13-[20/OCS]-15-15-15-18-5-15-17- ; 138

17. , Buccaneer 18, David Spira/Dennis Martinelli, 18-16-9-16-[19]-18-13-12-13-[19]-14-15-5-5- ; 154

18. , Ensigns, Zeke Durica/Kent Gordon, 16-6-13-11-14-14-12-14-16-[18]-16-[17]-16-11- ; 159

19. , Mariner, Arthur Leiz/James Curran, [19]-7-10-[19]-16-17-17-17-19-8-19-14-17-19- ; 180

20. , Mutineer, Ernie French/Noah French, [21/DNC]-[21/DNC]-21/DNC-21/DNC-21/DNC-21/DNC-21/DNC-21/DNC-21/DNC-21/DNC-21/DNC-21/DNC-21/DNC-21/DNC- ; 252

---

Notice a few names I have sailed with or against in the past. That Sunfish team needed to pick it up a little. Ethan Bixby is a really great guy. Taught me years ago how to use runners to shape the main.

You know, his placing is not too bad considering what I would guess as someone who does not get a lot of sailing time in. Maybe that was why he scratched the last event at GGYC, he needed to get out and get some practice time in! ;)

I doubt the competition is easy. From here, bold mine

--

PORTSMOUTH, R.I. (October 19,2011) – Twenty of the country’s elite one-design sailing champions will come together this week to see who is the best of the best at the 2011 Championship of Champions, hosted by the Corinthian Sailing Club on White Rock Lake in Dallas, Texas. The three days of racing will take place in Flying Scots from Thursday, October 20 to Saturday, October 22. These first class skippers and their teams will race for class bragging rights and the Jack Brown Trophy.

All of the competitors are masters in their respective sailing classes and have a track record to prove it. However, this week in Dallas they will be tested in the Flying Scot to see if they can hold their own. This US SAILING National Championship event has a reputation for being one of the toughest and most unique events in the country.

All competitors have qualified for this event by winning a 2010 or 2011 one-design class National, North American, or World Championship. The competition will be challenging with many decorated sailors competing on the same course. Among the entries is Tom Ehman (Valencia, Spain) who has been selected as this year’s special guest competitor. Ehman has been on the front line of the America’s Cup since 1980. He is a former collegiate, Sunfish and Flying Scot North American Champion. Ehman is no stranger to the Championship of Champions. He won the Jack Brown Trophy in 1976.

contd

--

I think today is the last day of racing, let's see if he can maintain.....

Wow, how about the footage of the guy working on the Cup when it was damaged? That was the highlight for me.

Anne's not bad either.......................

---

Notice a few names I have sailed with or against in the past. That Sunfish team needed to pick it up a little. Ethan Bixby is a really great guy. Taught me years ago how to use runners to shape the main.

Ehman just called me during the lunch break, laughing, to say that Raab was trying to match him for 3rd place in the two morning races. Typical for Raab. Two more to go.

Flying Scot Andrew Eagan/

Marcus Eagan 2 [10] 2 3 1 [12] 1 5 2 4 1 6 3 1 1 1 2 1 36

Day Sailer Mike Gillum/

Mardi Gillum 8 5 1 6 [13] 3 2 4 8 2 3 1 1 3 4 [9] 1 8 60

Mercury Chris Raab/

Bill Draheim 3 3 4 5 [12] 1 [14] 3 3 1 10 12 9 2 5 3 6 11 81

AC 45 Thomas Ehman/

Kelson Elam 5 1 3 [15] [15] 2 7 13 4 6 7 8 6 4 2 2 7 9 86

Laser Masters Dick Tillman/

Scott Young 7 [20/OCS] 14 1 3 4 8 8 1 11 2 3 10 [16] 11 5 9 6 103

Windmill Ethan Bixby/

Amy Drinker 1 [12] [12] 10 9 5 6 1 7 10 12 11 2 12 6 12 11 5 120

Melges 20 J. Michael Kiss/

Mitchell Kiss 11 8 5 [14] 11 7 3 [19] 6 14 11 2 14 6 7 4 8 14 131

Interclub Paul-Jon Patin/

Rodrigo Favela

Ann Ramsey [14] 9 11 13 2 11 4 10 10 13 5 13 8 [14] 8 8 5 3 133

Comet Talbott Ingram/

Carol Lee Ingram 13 11 7 [17] 7 10 9 7 14 12 6 4 7 13 13 [15] 14 10 157

Lido 14 R Mark Ryan/

Paul Anctil

Mike Anctil 17 4 8 2 6 16 11 2 12 7 13 [20/OCS] [19] 18 16 6 12 15 165

Sunfish Anne Edwards/

Todd Edwards

Bill Brangiforte 10 2 [19] 7 17 [19] 15 16 9 5 9 9 18 10 12 13 13 2 167

E Scow Peter Hurley/

Glen Dickson 6 14 16 8 8 8 16 [18] 18 3 15 16 13 7 [19] 14 3 7 172T

Lido 14 K Tracey Kenney/

Barrett Sprout

Susan Justus 12 [17] 6 12 5 15 10 9 17 17 17 10 11 8 [18] 7 4 12 172T

Catalina 22 Reid Collins/

Douglas Thome 9 [18] 15 [18] 10 6 18 11 11 9 4 7 4 15 15 17 10 13 174

Laser martine zurinskas/

David Reddaway 15 15 17 9 [18] 9 5 6 5 16 8 [18] 12 9 9 18 18 4 175

Hobie 16 Matt Bounds/

Paul Krutty 4 13 18 4 4 13 [20/OCS] 15 15 15 18 5 15 17 3 [19] 16 17 192

Ensigns Zeke Durica/

Kent Gordon 16 6 13 11 14 14 12 14 16 [18] 16 17 16 11 14 11 15 [18] 216

Buccaneer 18 David Spira/

Dennis Martinelli 18 16 9 16 [19] 18 13 12 13 [19] 14 15 5 5 17 16 19 19 225

Mariner Arthur Leiz/

James Curran [19] 7 10 [19] 16 17 17 17 19 8 19 14 17 19 10 10 17 16 233

Mutineer Ernie French/

Noah French [21/DNC] [21/DNC] 21/DNC 21/DNC 21/DNC 21/DNC 21/DNC 21/DNC 21/DNC 21/DNC 21/DNC 21/DNC 21/DNC 21/DNC 21/DNC 21/DNC 21/DNC 21/DNC 336

All eyes are on San Diego as we countdown to AC World Series Nov 12 - 20. But first, we make a visit to Brittany, France for some cross training with Loick Peyron and France's Energy Team. As the sun sets over France, the day is just beginning in San Diego; we tour Broadway and Navy Piers and check out the course area with AC Commentator Annie Gardner. Back in Europe we visit Green Comm Racing's Vasilji Zbogar at his home in Slovenia. Vasilji shows us his Olympic sailing medals, and takes us out for a sail in trying conditions. October was a busy month for San Francisco; Oracle OpenWorld, the biggest technology show on the planet overlapped with Fleet Week. All good preparation for when the world's best sailors come to San Francisco Bay in 2012 and 2013.

According to the SD University the city will run a net profit of $20m...

Fun to see the low budget Energy training cats, Peyron wont be in SD thought...

Good to see Malin Burnham included to give the SDYC tour. He ran the campaign for DC back in '87.

For those that do not know, he won the Star Worlds with Lowell North back in the 40's, when they were both teenagers. He also replaced Lowell when the Enterprise syndicate pulled him from the helm during the '77 trials.

^ I forget the details but a recent news article said Burnham had recently donated $5M for a cause of some kind, to the city of San Diego. Yes, good to see him in the show.

That VZ segment is outstanding.

Nope, that was carefully worded as: " .....estimated that there would be 20 million dollars in net benefit to the local economy"

^ I forget the details but a recent news article said Burnham had recently donated $5M for a cause of some kind, to the city of San Diego. Yes, good to see him in the show.

DC may be 'Mr. America's Cup' but Malin is 'Mr. San Diego'.

Agreed but Malin remains AC involved too, perhaps a lot more so than DC. That $5m figure may be no coincidence either.

Interesting what he said there, about San Diego sailors having won more medals than from any other city in the world. You can tell he is proud of it.

One thing that catches my eye on these productions is the actual cup and the cup graphics they use.

The one that springs up out of the water right at the last second of the show is the original - sans base. Then the graphic most often seen for AC34 has one base - the 'classic' look you could say. But the actual cup - 2011 style, seen at Oracle open world for example, now has two bases.

I wish they could settle on one version.

This week we meet Energy Team's bowman Christophe André; he takes us through his rigorous training regime. In just one week Christophe, Energy Team, and the rest of the America's Cup competitors will be racing in the 3rd of the inaugural America's Cup World Series events in San Diego. In San Diego we take a behind the scenes tour of the USS Midway. The Midway showcased cutting edge technology during its many years of service, soon the high tech AC45s will battle it out in front of the 972 foot vessel's bow on San Diego Bay. Then back in San Francisco we go inside Pier 80 to get an exclusive glimpse at the work of the ORACLE Racing design team. Follow by a trip up in the air with one of ACTV's helicopter cameramen.

--

Not sure which my favorite segment in this one is, but that helicopter ride sure is fun. Superb sound-mix too, crank it up.