• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clewless

PCC's

By now, you will have seen the announcement regarding the cancellation of ISAF. However, if we have sufficient support, we can still keep the date at CYC and call it our west coast championships. We will be sharing the course with the Viper guys.

A show of hands....please?

Clew

Clew

You could surely count me in. 3 days - late start on Friday 2,4,2 format??

Let me know as it develop as I would need to make travel and hotel plans (that I had just cancelled)

Cheers,

Phillip

Am working on it with CYC. CYC wants to make this happen and it looks promising. Will try to get it settled as soon as possible. Anyone from the PNW or SF interested? I am also looking into the possibility of having at least one local boat available for charter, but am not sure about that yet. If anyone is interested in a charter, please contact me.

It's on! CYC will host a sport boat regatta the weekend of Sept. 24/25. FT10s will have an OD start so we have our PCCs. Many thanks to the organizers at CYC who stepped up to make this happen. Go to the link below (look under "Fall sport boat regatta") for the NOR and on-line sign up. Only $55 for two days of racing...can't beat that! FT10s, please sign up as soon as possible.

Link

We're excited to have you and the vipers on board for our Coronado Yacht Club(CYC) Fall Sport Boat Regatta.

We'd love to see a full pride of tigers on the line. Where is 72 and 9? Can 24 rise from the ashes? Will Tigger travel from Seattle and shame more LA area boats into coming? Only time will tell.

CYCSailor

It's on! CYC will host a sport boat regatta the weekend of Sept. 24/25. FT10s will have an OD start so we have our PCCs. Many thanks to the organizers at CYC who stepped up to make this happen. Go to the link below (look under "Fall sport boat regatta") for the NOR and on-line sign up. Only $55 for two days of racing...can't beat that! FT10s, please sign up as soon as possible.

Link

post-40797-073406500 1314046235_thumb.jpg

Only two weeks until the PCC's. Sign up today!

Sign ups for the Coronado Yacht Club Fall Sport Boat Regatta are at: https://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_club_events.php?CLUB_ID=622

CYCSailor

I hope those who are not fielding a team for the PCC can charter out their local boats out for out of town teams. I know of a couple of skippers looking for SD boats to charter or borrow (barter). So man up for the class dudes!

Clew

what's Scot waiting on ???

Paging "Anarchy" to the registration desk !!

All the quiet conservative folks at Coronado Yacht Club secretly loved the fun (and visuals) associated with the Annual Sailing Anarchy Regatta. While we can't give that to the codgers this year, I'm still happy to see we'll at least have some Anarchy on the line for the PCC's. Welcome!

FYI, it looks like four starts for Tigers, Vipers, 505s and WETAs this weekend. SI's out soon.

CYCSailor

We at Coronado Yacht Club are always crowing about how great our South San Diego Bay sailing venue. However, full disclosure requires me to tell you all that, for this weekend anyway, you might have to sail through a swarm of Moths on the race course.

Yes, the Moths are now on board for the Regatta making the 5th one design sport boat class to sign up!

CYCSailor

Looking forward to it!

Hope someone on the RC boat can shoot some videos and you_tube them. It will be good racing action publicity for the club and the fleets.

Clew

how about from a Car ???

I'll be out so don't forget about: Urban Dictionary: Photo-Hiking B)

1.Photo-Hiking

The Art of "Looking" like an Olympic Gymnast:

Stretching arms and legs outward in a most painful to maintain position

giving your 127% effort to squeeze every last bit of speed out of the boat to excel past the competition

as the Photographer gets the "Money Shot"

Holly - here comes Woody hand me my brush

Dave - set the beers out of view, skip thinks it's a dry boat

Bob - Holly get that shirt off, the race is 1 hr but the photos are forever!

Holly - Ok let's Hike like we're gettin blown off the side

Hiking - Hiking - Hiking - Hiking - Hiking - Hiking - Hiking

Bob - Holy Shit I thought he'd never leave !

Dave - Ya my fuckin back is killing me !

Holly - Hay who's got my top ?

Bob - 10 seconds of "Photo-Hiking" feels like all fuckin day !

Holly - Com-On WTF did you guys do with my top ?

Dave - Shit our Beers are gone over the side !

Holly - well at least we should get som Great pix on the rail ...eh

Dave - Holly your top is right behind you

Holly - Dudes look he's commin back where's my brush?

Bob - Hike Bitches ........... Hike

Skipper - when you guys get a chance it'd look nice to hook the kite in the other 2 corners

Bob - Oh Shit Never fails

Dave - why is he always around when these things happen :-O

What a BITCHIN DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2,200 + Pix and who knows how long of HD-Video

I'm crunching the pix now and will post a few shots this evening

Let's just say a few things happened "Right in front of me"

A wonder no one (ok someone) had to go the the ER

Scot You ARE Missing Som FUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11CYCPCCSat0587.JPG

11CYCPCCSat0730.JPG

11CYCPCCSat0734.JPG

Ah come on your holding out on us! we know you got the better pictures! this is teasing! lets see them hiking pictures with the topless blondes!

the Nekid Girl hiking obviously wasn't originally Blond :o

OK how about som VID to watch while I go back out and shoot the rest of the action :)

Congratulations to Niuhi on their win at the Flying Tiger 10 PCC's this weekend at Coronado Yacht Club! We hope all five one-design classes enjoyed our attempt to, temporarily, replace the Annual Sailing Anarchy Regatta.

Our members had a good time and we hope you did too. As usual, we sincerely request your input on how we can be better hosts next time. Don't be shy. We're thick skinned.

Thanks for Coronado Mobile Storage for sponsoring Da-Woody to film our regatta. As I told Dennis, it wouldn't be a real San Diego regatta unless Da-Woody was out there.

CYCSailor

Congratulations to Niuhi on their win at the Flying Tiger 10 PCC's this weekend at Coronado Yacht Club! We hope all five one-design classes enjoyed our attempt to, temporarily, replace the Annual Sailing Anarchy Regatta.

Our members had a good time and we hope you did too. As usual, we sincerely request your input on how we can be better hosts next time. Don't be shy. We're thick skinned.

Thanks for Coronado Mobile Storage for sponsoring Da-Woody to film our regatta. As I told Dennis, it wouldn't be a real San Diego regatta unless Da-Woody was out there.

CYCSailor

Yes Thank You Geoff Davies and CMS

And let's not forget SAILING ANARCHY & FLYING TIGER Boats too

Over 4,200 Pix and a Ship-Load of Videos all coming your way Thanks to those above !!!!

2011 FT-10m PCC & Fall Sport Boat Regatta (Saturday) Photos Posted - ENJOY !!!!

11CYCPCCSat0368.JPG

11CYCPCCSat0417.JPG

Congratulations to Paul and Julie McPherson along with the crew of Niuhi- 2011 Pacific Coast Champions!

post-34753-060598100 1317072735_thumb.jpg

+1

they were on a different page than the others this weekend

nice to see a team pull it together and keep it that way for a Regatta

should have handed out "N" crying towels to the others in the fleet :o:lol::lol::lol:

Congratulations to Paul and Julie McPherson along with the crew of Niuhi- 2011 Pacific Coast Champions!

post-34753-060598100 1317072735_thumb.jpg

Was a pleasure racing on the FT's this weekend against Niuhi. Good job out there on everyone's part, RC did an amazing job running the course both days!

Man, I miss this so much!!!

Hope Clew and the crew are doing well! Good to see so many Tigers!

I can't help but use exclamation points after everything!

11CYCPCCSat0730.JPG

Thanks everybody. My crew was simply outstanding and made it happen. It was a really fun weekend all around...great racing and great socializing before and after. Many thanks to CYC for getting the regatta together on very short notice and providing a really good R/C and great food to grill, and for extending their always warm and friendly hospitality. Thanks also to Ben from Niuhi who was the guy at the BBQ most of the evening doing an outstanding job grilling for all of us. See you guys next weekend for the ODW, then the CRA Halloween regatta, then Hot Rums.