Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cacoethesic Tom

911 Investigation Should Be Reopened

http://www.tampabay.com/news/article1190773.ece

Weeks after terrorists brought down the World Trade Center, FBI agents swarmed into a Sarasota gated community to investigate the mysterious disappearance of a wealthy young Saudi couple who apparently had ties to some of the hijackers.The couple and their two children abandoned their home abruptly, just a week or so before Sept. 11, leaving behind cars, furniture and food on countertops.

According to one published report, the FBI discovered phone calls between the house and at least two of the hijackers and several other terrorism suspects stretching back a year.

Then on Labor Day weekend 2001, Gallagher noticed "an incredible amount of trash'' piled in front of the al-Hiijjii home.

He asked one of the association directors, "What the hell is that trash doing there? There won't be any pickup until Tuesday or Wednesday.

"She said, 'They went back to Saudi Arabia and said they weren't ever coming back.' ''

Several weeks after Gallagher's tip, FBI agents arrived at Prestancia and discovered that guard gate logs of vehicle tags showed the al-Hiijjiis had received important visitors. A car owned by Sept. 11 hijacker Mohamed Atta had gone through. Driver's license information indicated that Atta and fellow hijacker Ziad Jarrah were in the car.

Phone records from the al-Hiijjiis' home contained calls to Atta, hijacker Marwan al-Shehhi and other terrorist suspects.

Graham, who co-chaired the joint congressional committee that investigated the Sept. 11 attacks, noted that the FBI heavily redacted portions of the committee's report that dealt with the extent of Saudi involvement.

Graham said he did not know why the FBI kept information about the Sarasota couple close to the vest. But he has a theory:

"The administration was so focused on avoiding a second attack that they decided they could not run the risk of irritating the Saudis and this was the results of that.''

I can't believe that is even a viable theory, yet it seems to be. :angry:

I saw that. This may be the time for that. A few years back even mentioning such a thing was a sign of unPatriotism.

For today, I'll be content to reflect, remember, and give thanks for those who give their lives for others', not to mention thinking of those who lost family and friends, whose lives are forever changed. May they find peace.

Weeks after terrorists brought down the World Trade Center, FBI agents swarmed into a Sarasota gated community to investigate the mysterious disappearance of a wealthy young Saudi couple who apparently had ties to some of the hijackers.The couple and their two children abandoned their home abruptly, just a week or so before Sept. 11, leaving behind cars, furniture and food on countertops.

According to one published report, the FBI discovered phone calls between the house and at least two of the hijackers and several other terrorism suspects stretching back a year.

Then on Labor Day weekend 2001, Gallagher noticed "an incredible amount of trash'' piled in front of the al-Hiijjii home.

He asked one of the association directors, "What the hell is that trash doing there? There won't be any pickup until Tuesday or Wednesday.

"She said, 'They went back to Saudi Arabia and said they weren't ever coming back.' ''

Several weeks after Gallagher's tip, FBI agents arrived at Prestancia and discovered that guard gate logs of vehicle tags showed the al-Hiijjiis had received important visitors. A car owned by Sept. 11 hijacker Mohamed Atta had gone through. Driver's license information indicated that Atta and fellow hijacker Ziad Jarrah were in the car.

Phone records from the al-Hiijjiis' home contained calls to Atta, hijacker Marwan al-Shehhi and other terrorist suspects.

Graham, who co-chaired the joint congressional committee that investigated the Sept. 11 attacks, noted that the FBI heavily redacted portions of the committee's report that dealt with the extent of Saudi involvement.

Graham said he did not know why the FBI kept information about the Sarasota couple close to the vest. But he has a theory:

"The administration was so focused on avoiding a second attack that they decided they could not run the risk of irritating the Saudis and this was the results of that.''

It is the nature of a cell based organizational structure that the members be well known to each other. If you look at the Al Qaeda structure, it is transnational but the individual operational cells tend to be selected from small groups. The spanish cells for example were from North Africa where there is already a grudge against Spain for maintaining claims on land there. The London bombings by Pakistanis with a jamaican thrown in.

We pretty much know who Al Qaeda is and track them and their money as much as possible. I don't doubt that the Saudis who sheltered the terrorists while they underwent flight training knew something about what was going on but, perhaps not to the extent of the plans.

It might be a good chance for the Saudi's to arrest and question them though if that has not already been done in the past.

The BushCo, Inc. team made certain their Saudi Arabian overlords were safely tucked away on jets bound for Mecca before they so much as warned US Citizens about the attacks. Never underestimate that oil is much thicker than blood. For those wishing to read the details, see below.

BushKiss2.jpg

Pucker Up, Prince!

The greatest tragedy is that for a time after 9/11/01, Americans saw each other as Americans, instead of Democrats and Republicans...and that time was so very short-lived.

I saw that. This may be the time for that. A few years back even mentioning such a thing was a sign of unPatriotism.

For today, I'll be content to reflect, remember, and give thanks for those who give their lives for others', not to mention thinking of those who lost family and friends, whose lives are forever changed. May they find peace.

OK, but only because it's Sunday and I'm too cheap w/tax money to advocate overtime.

Tomorrow they should reopen it.

For 10 years, we've lied to ourselves to avoid asking the one real question.

Excerpt:

Publication of the official 9/11 report – in 2004, but read the new edition of 2011 – is indeed worth study, if only for the realities it does present...

But I'm drawn to Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan whose The Eleventh Day confronts what the West refused to face in the years that followed 9/11. "All the evidence ... indicates that Palestine was the factor that united the conspirators – at every level," they write. One of the organisers of the attack believed it would make Americans concentrate on "the atrocities that America is committing by supporting Israel". Palestine, the authors state, "was certainly the principal political grievance ... driving the young Arabs (who had lived) in Hamburg".

The motivation for the attacks was "ducked" even by the official 9/11 report, say the authors. The commissioners had disagreed on this "issue" – cliché code word for "problem" – and its two most senior officials, Thomas Kean and Lee Hamilton, were later to explain: "This was sensitive ground ...Commissioners who argued that al-Qa'ida was motivated by a religious ideology – and not by opposition to American policies – rejected mentioning the Israeli-Palestinian conflict... In their view, listing US support for Israel as a root cause of al-Qa'ida's opposition to the United States indicated that the United States should reassess that policy." And there you have it.

So what happened? The commissioners, Summers and Swan state, "settled on vague language that circumvented the issue of motive". There's a hint in the official report – but only in a footnote which, of course, few read. In other words, we still haven't told the truth about the crime which – we are supposed to believe – "changed the world for ever".

The greatest tragedy is that for a time after 9/11/01, Americans saw each other as Americans, instead of Democrats and Republicans...and that time was so very short-lived.

So true. I for one have decided not to read or post anything today because of that. Perhaps for one day we can just all be Americans. This is a personal decision and not an attack on anyone else, if people want to post I don't mind or care.

Watching the service this morning was most moving, including George and Laura wiping tears away.

So true. I for one have decided not to read or post anything today because of that. Perhaps for one day we can just all be Americans. This is a personal decision and not an attack on anyone else, if people want to post I don't mind or care.

Watching the service this morning was most moving, including George and Laura wiping tears away.

Indeed. I am glad to see interest in discussing related issues, be they Tom's or the Krugman outrage, both of which merit discussion, but I just don't see today as the day to discuss them.

The BushCo, Inc. team made certain their Saudi Arabian overlords were safely tucked away on jets bound for Mecca before they so much as warned US Citizens about the attacks. Never underestimate that oil is much thicker than blood. For those wishing to read the details, see below.

BushKiss2.jpg

Pucker Up, Prince!

I didn't need to phoshop this one.

ss-110224-gadhafi-life-27.ss_full.jpg

I'd not be so impressed with the pictures. It's called detante. Important to stay connected and communicating. Working together doesn't mean friends. What would they do, refuse to meet? Frown a lot? Call him names?

I'd not be so impressed with the pictures. It's called detante. Important to stay connected and communicating. Working together doesn't mean friends. What would they do, refuse to meet? Frown a lot? Call him names?

Agreed. The trolls were trying to do a guilt by association routine. I was just trying to point out that by the time Obama took office, we had diplomatic relations with the Libya, a bit of context that Simple Jack most assuredly would not be providing. Meeting with Gaddafi was not that remarkable. (The Colonel's fixation with Condi Rice, on the other hand, is downright amusing.)

Anyway, not 9/11 anymore, so as to the thread topic, hell yes, investigate everything.

Yep,,, well said.

I think they should reopen the Kennedy assassination inquiry too. And how about all the aluminum that the airlines are dumping out of their airplanes?

...In all, the FBI released 11 pages. They contain statements reiterating that the al-Hijjis had departed the United States in haste shortly before 9/11 and that “further investigation” had “revealed many connections” between them and persons associated with “attacks on 9/11/2001.”

Those statements flatly contradict the FBI’s public statements that agents found no connection between the al-Hijjis and the 9/11 plot.

Yet they dovetail with the account of a counterintelligence source who has said investigators in 2001 found evidence — phone records and photographs of license plates snapped at the entrance to the al-Hijjis’ Sarasota-area neighborhood — that showed Mohamed Atta, other hijackers and former Broward resident and current al-Qaeda fugitive Adnan Shukrijumah had visited the al-Hijji home.

None of that information, or even the fact that an investigation in Sarasota took place, was disclosed by the FBI to Congress’ Joint Inquiry into the attacks or to the 9/11 Commission, according to former Florida Sen. Bob Graham. Graham co-chaired the joint inquiry.

The documents are stamped secret. The portions that were not released are supposed to be kept under wraps until 2039.

The government has asserted the classification is necessary because the censored information pertains to foreign relations or foreign activities, including confidential sources...

Looks to me like at least one purpose was to prevent information about these people from becoming public.

And it remains a purpose that is vital to our national security.

We'll know why in 2039.

No telling what you'll find in a SW FL dumpster.

At least, no telling until 2039... :ph34r:

Dan Christiensen is a real reporter, and has been on that trail for a long time, pretty much since he left the Herald. Were it not for him, we might not have heard about a lot of this. He is the real deal.

The 7/1/14 released docs.

Ask Obama to declassify the 28 pages from the Congressional report.

No need to wait. It was a conspiracy, everyone knows it, not everyone admits it...even to themselves. False flag. Your government fucked everyone over. All thinking people know this. Why do we dance about the subject. The Bush's did it.

False flag for what purpose? (This outta be good....)

To take over Diego FUCKING Garcia?

Quite simple.

As an excuse to project US military power in the ME.

To get rid of Saddam on behalf of the israelis.

No need to wait. It was a conspiracy, everyone knows it, not everyone admits it...even to themselves. False flag. Your government fucked everyone over. All thinking people know this. Why do we dance about the subject. The Bush's did it.

Quite simple.

You need to get with the narrative..

Quite simple.

You need to get with the narrative..

I tried to, I really did.

Then I discovered that the irrefutable evidence that linked OBL with the attack - the evidence that GWB promised the world community in return for a green light on the Afghan invasion.....well, it never materialized. It now appears that it never existed.

Further investigation revealed that there was no irrefutable evidence of hijackers on the aircraft, and even if there were hijackers, it is clear that they were using false/ stolen IDs. This means that we have no idea who they were , other than they were most definitely not Muslims or Saudi nationals.

...and there's lots more....

Quite simple.

It sure must suck to be you. Buggy men around every corner.

Quite simple.

It sure must suck to be you. Buggy men around every corner.

Horse and buggy or dune buggy?

Yep and the petro dollar was under threat. Gaddafi was organising an African currency and Saddam was into Euros as a way to piss-off the US. Anyway, the model is....

1. under one excuse or another bomb a country back to the stone age taking particular care to destroy civil infrastructure.

2. immediately throw 'foriegn aid' into it to make the invaders look like the good guys by rebuilding the stuff that was bombed. But only American companies can win contracts to spend the aid money. This is a very effective way to place a big siphon into the US Treasury and pump it into Halliburton and KBR;s bank accounts. I can paraphrase that to ... Take money from the poor and give to the already rich.

3. Instal a puppet goverment

4. When it all goes to shit rinse and repeat, there or somewhere else.

And of course, yes, the Israelis would be grateful as well.

JFC - the more you post the more you are painting yourself as a complete retard. I don't mind people with differing POVs. But outright incorrect information and lies are a no go to me. Let's take #1 for instance......

1. under one excuse or another bomb a country back to the stone age taking particular care to destroy civil infrastructure.

Well, as someone who was actually involved in the bombing of Iraq in the early days of the 2003 invasion as well as subsequent years of occupation - I can tell you unequivocally that we took particular care NOT to destroy civilian infrastructure. You will never understand the lengths we went to to preserve civilian infrastructure so we could get their society functioning quickly again. We deliberately avoided targeting bridges, roads, power generation, refineries, civilian gov't offices, water, sewage, etc. Every single FUCKING bomb that came off our jets was vetted and approved by a team that included a lawyer. Even when Army guys were pinned down and need air support - we had to weigh the risk of damage to civilians and infrastructure into the equation.

Fucktard idiots like you give fucktard idiots everywhere a bad rap. If you are going to spout your tin foil hat nonsense - at least don't post shit that is easily refutable as a complete lie. You obviously think we were just going around and carpet bombing Iraqi cities willy nilly. Trust me, it would have been a hell of a lot easier if we had. But nothing could be farther from the truth.

Retard! :angry:

OK, just a couple more questions:

1. Why did you volunteer to bomb poor brown people (towelheads, sand niggers, goat fuckers etc.) in a foreign land on the other side of the world?

2. Was it because Saddam attacked America on 9-11?

3. Was it because the Iraqis had it comming?

4. Was it the WMD’s?

5. Was it because the SOB was harboring terrorists?

6. How many widows did you make?

7. How many women and children did you kill?

8 How many friends did you loose?

9. What did you accomplish?

10. How much money did you make personally helping to destroy that county?

11. Was it worth it?

12. Should we be thankful?

13. Do you consider yourself a hero?

Sorry Jeff, I always thought that our bombing infrastructure was one of the most blindly stupid things we did in the war.

January 16, 1991 and After: ’Operation Desert Storm’: US Launches Massive Air Assault against Iraq

The US launches a massive air assault against Iraq in retaliation for that country’s invasion of Kuwait (see August 2, 1990). The air assault begins the day after a UN deadline for Iraq’s withdrawal from Kuwait expires (see November 29, 1990). F-117 Stealth bombers hit Baghdad with an array of high-tech bombs and missiles; many of the explosions are televised live, or on briefly delayed feeds, on CNN, which launches virtually 24-hour coverage of the air strikes. In the first 48 hours of the war, 2,107 combat missions drop more than 5,000 tons of bombs on Baghdad alone, nearly twice the amount that incinerated Dresden in World War II.
'Thunder and Lightning of Desert Storm' - US Army General Norman Schwarzkopf, chief of the US Central Command (CENTCOM), announces the beginning of hostilities by transmitting the following: “Soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines of the United States Central Command, this morning at 0300, we launched Operation Desert Storm, an offensive campaign that will enforce the United Nation’s resolutions that Iraq must cease its rape and pillage of its weaker neighbor and withdraw its forces from Kuwait. My confidence in you is total. Our cause is just! Now you must be the thunder and lightning of Desert Storm. May God be with you, your loved ones at home, and our country.” [US Navy, 9/17/1997]
Initial Attacks Obliterate Iraqi Navy, Much of Air Force, Many Ground Installations - The attack begins with an assault of over 100 Tomahawk land attack missiles (TLAMs) launched from US naval vessels in the Persian Gulf and Red Sea, and attack helicopter strikes on Iraqi radar installations near the Iraq-Saudi Arabian border. The assaults destroy much of Iraq’s air defense and command-and-control capabilities. The missile assault is quickly followed by fighter, bomber, and assault helicopter strikes which continue pounding at Iraqi government buildings, power stations, dams, military sites, radio and television stations, and several of Saddam Hussein’s palaces. The strikes essentially obliterate the Iraqi Navy, and drastically cripple the Iraqi Air Force. (Between 115 and 140 aircraft and crews of the Iraqi Air Force flees to Iran over the course of the war, a move that surprises US commanders, who expected the aircraft and their crews to attempt to flee to Jordan, not Iran. The Iranians will never give Iraq back its aircraft, and will not release Iraqi air crews for years to come.) A US Navy review later calls the combined Navy-Marine air campaign, conducted in concert with US Air Force strikes, “successful beyond the most optimistic expectations.” The Navy later reports that “allied air forces dropped over 88,500 tons of ordnance on the battlefield.” [US Navy, 9/17/1997; NationMaster, 12/23/2007] Iraqi anti-aircraft counterattacks are surprisingly effective, downing around 75 US and British aircraft in the first hours of attacks. The US media does not widely report these downings, nor does it give much attention to the dozens of pilots and air crew captured as POWs. [NationMaster, 12/23/2007]
'The Mother of All Battles' - Five hours after the first attacks, Baghdad state radio broadcasts a voice identified as Saddam Hussein. Hussein tells his people that “The great duel, the mother of all battles has begun. The dawn of victory nears as this great showdown begins.” [NationMaster, 12/23/2007]
US Embassy Helped Locate Targets for Air Strikes - Deputy Chief of Mission Joseph Wilson, the last American to leave Baghdad (see January 12, 1991), and his staff provided critical assistance to the US battle planners in choosing their initial targets. Over the months, Wilson and his staff developed a “hostage tracking system,” monitoring and recording the movements of the American hostages as they were transferred from site to site to be used as human shields in the event of a US strike (see August 4, 1990 and August 8, 1990). Wilson and his staff were able to identify some 55 sites that were being used around the country, presumably some of the most critical military and infrastructure sites in Iraq. Wilson gave that information to the Pentagon. He will later write, “I was gratified when several months later, on the first night of Desert Storm, long after the hostages had been released, many of those sites were ones hit by American bombs.” [Wilson, 2004, pp. 141]

Entity Tags: US Department of the Navy, United Nations, US Department of the Marines, US Department of the Air Force, US Department of the Army, CNN, Richard (“Dick”) Cheney, Norman Schwarzkopf, Joseph C. Wilson, US Department of Defense, US Department of State, Saddam Hussein

Timeline Tags: Events Leading to Iraq Invasion http://www.historycommons.org/context.jsp?item=complete_timeline_of_the_2003_invasion_of_iraq_1200#complete_timeline_of_the_2003_invasion_of_iraq_1200

Jeff, if anyone is drinking bad water it would be you. Iraq never rebuilt that infrastructure how could they? We blockaded the crap out of them and they had very little income. Also, Bechtel was awarded a $1.8 billon contract to repair infrastructure in January 2003, two months before the start of the war. The Christian Science Monitor published an article that repairing Iraqi infrastructure would ultimately cost $1.4 Trillion dollars

I think the military was stupid to destroy infrastructure at all which has become evident by the cost. I never said that we bombed the country for "contracts" but I can certainly understand how some people draw that conclusion when the Vice President still gets a million a year from Halliburton and senior members of Congress all have defense sector investments. That said, once American companies got their hands on contracts the price for repairs went from $60 billion to $1.4 Trillion. If you think it's all above board and unquestionable then you need to stop munching on old goat meat.

Jeff, if anyone is drinking bad water it would be you. Iraq never rebuilt that infrastructure how could they? We blockaded the crap out of them and they had very little income. Also, Bechtel was awarded a $1.8 billon contract to repair infrastructure in January 2003, two months before the start of the war. The Christian Science Monitor published an article that repairing Iraqi infrastructure would ultimately cost $1.4 Trillion dollars

I don't see your point then..... Unless you think GHWB's destruction of the infrastructure was some devious plot that was planned to have his son invade 12 years later so bechtel and Halliburton could make money.

Nah, I think Bush Jr had a raging hatred for Saddam after the failed assassination attempt on GHWB and was waiting for any excuse to off the dude. He could legally just send in a cruise missile strike (although maybe now a prez could with a drone?) so he waited for an excuse to rid the world of him. I can almost respect that, except that the cost has been horrendous.

Random - don't go full retard. You are one step away from going full retard.

I'll type this slowly for you so you can understand better.... I am not disputing that US contractors made $$ off reconstruction. I'm not even interested in your conspiracy theory that we deliberately went to war so US companies could make $$.

What I AM disputing, and which you continue to avoid and which none of your links address - is that we did NOT "take particular care to destroy civil infrastructure" in 2003. Just the opposite occurred in fact. Yes, we targeted some power relay stations to turn the lights out in baghdad temporarily. But we left everything else pretty much intact that hadn't been destroyed from the previous 1991 war and Bill Clinton's 4 day extravaganza in 1998. We did that deliberately. Power relay stations are relatively easy to fix or replace. Think of one of those little transformer stations in and around US suburbs. That's what we took out. If we had really wanted to wreck the place and make more $$ for Bechtel - we could have laid waste to refineries, bridges, water plants, sewage plants, oil pipelines, civil ministry buildings, Highways, airports, Dams, palaces, etc. We did not.

But never mind little ole me.... It wasn't like I didn't actually plan and execute many of these airstrikes IN PERSON. It wasn't like I was actually THERE to see the aftermath of the invasion. It wasn't like I was actually THERE, on the ground, on and off for the next 7 years to see the country evolve.

YOU and your internet sources obviously have FAR greater insight into the situation. SO fuck it, what do I know.....? Carry on in your ignorance. Who am I to educate you to reality?

Still waiting for you to respond to post #35.. moron.

Good. Keep waiting......

Denial is not a river that runs through Egypt.... :D

Good. Keep waiting......

Denial is not a river that runs through Egypt.... :D

I'm not denying anything, assfuck. I'm just not interested in engaging with an obvious trolling douchetard. Re-phrase the questions and I might consider it. Aside from that, I don't owe you an explanation for anything.

Never fucked an ass in my ife.. So tell me am I missing anything? giggle.gif

So tell me am I missing anything? giggle.gif

Besides your dick and your brain.....? Nope, I think you have everything covered.

and BTW - your little icons are gay. And not gay in a haha, that's sweet sense. No - I mean totally gay as in a "fat, hairy 270 lb guy slapping your chin with his balls and then cumming all over your face" gay. NTTAWWT

Hey tough cookie... cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

Jeff do like the gay slang. Must be all that time alone in a foreign country. Or is he alone?

Jeff do like the gay slang. Must be all that time alone in a foreign country. Or is he alone?

Do goats count?

Those Saudis are what should be looked into regarding 9/11, the hijackers stayed with them.

Maybe. We'll find out in 2039. Meanwhile, we'll continue to make foreign policy based on the 9/11 attacks, not really knowing important facts about those attacks.

Maybe. We'll find out in 2039. Meanwhile, we'll continue to make foreign policy based on the 9/11 attacks, not really knowing important facts about those attacks.

No fucking shit.. +1

Found this article linked in another thread.

A Void In The History Of September 11th

...Thomas Kean remembers finally having the opportunity to read those twenty-eight pages after he became chairman of the 9/11 Commission—“so secret that I had to get all of my security clearances and go into the bowels of Congress with someone looking over my shoulder.” He also remembers thinking at the time that most of what he was reading should never have been kept secret. But the focus on the twenty-eight pages obscures the fact that many important documents are still classified—“a ton of stuff,” Kean told me, including, for instance, the 9/11 Commission’s interviews with George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, and Bill Clinton. “I don’t know of a single thing in our report that should not be public after ten years,” Kean said.

September 11th may be a part of history now, but some of the events that led to that horrible day remain veiled by the political considerations of the present. The intelligence community doesn’t want to light up its failures once again, and no doubt the Obama Administration doesn’t want to introduce additional strains on its relationship with the Saudis. In the meantime, the forces that led to catastrophe before are gathering strength once again. Thomas Massie, a Republican congressman from Kentucky and a sponsor of the House resolution to declassify the material, told me that the experience of reading those twenty-eight pages caused him to rethink how to handle the rise of ISIS. It has made him much more cautious about a military response. “We have to be careful, when we run the calculations of action, what the repercussions will be,” he said.

“In some ways, it’s more dangerous today,” Timothy Roemer, who was a member of both the Joint Inquiry and the 9/11 Commission, observed. “A more complex series of threats are coming together than even before 9/11, involving ISIS, Al Qaeda, and cyber-terrorist capabilities. The more the American people know about what happened thirteen years ago, the more we can have a credible, open debate” about our security needs. Releasing the twenty-eight pages, he said, might be a step forward. “Hopefully, after some initial shock and awe, it would make our process work better. Our government has an obligation to do this.”

The Chairman of the 9/11 Commission says nothing in their report should remain secret. He ought to know!

Congressman Massie's reaction is the best illustration of why we should know how our government operates.

Found this article linked in another thread.

A Void In The History Of September 11th

...Thomas Kean remembers finally having the opportunity to read those twenty-eight pages after he became chairman of the 9/11 Commission—“so secret that I had to get all of my security clearances and go into the bowels of Congress with someone looking over my shoulder.” He also remembers thinking at the time that most of what he was reading should never have been kept secret. But the focus on the twenty-eight pages obscures the fact that many important documents are still classified—“a ton of stuff,” Kean told me, including, for instance, the 9/11 Commission’s interviews with George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, and Bill Clinton. “I don’t know of a single thing in our report that should not be public after ten years,” Kean said.

September 11th may be a part of history now, but some of the events that led to that horrible day remain veiled by the political considerations of the present. The intelligence community doesn’t want to light up its failures once again, and no doubt the Obama Administration doesn’t want to introduce additional strains on its relationship with the Saudis. In the meantime, the forces that led to catastrophe before are gathering strength once again. Thomas Massie, a Republican congressman from Kentucky and a sponsor of the House resolution to declassify the material, told me that the experience of reading those twenty-eight pages caused him to rethink how to handle the rise of ISIS. It has made him much more cautious about a military response. “We have to be careful, when we run the calculations of action, what the repercussions will be,” he said.

“In some ways, it’s more dangerous today,” Timothy Roemer, who was a member of both the Joint Inquiry and the 9/11 Commission, observed. “A more complex series of threats are coming together than even before 9/11, involving ISIS, Al Qaeda, and cyber-terrorist capabilities. The more the American people know about what happened thirteen years ago, the more we can have a credible, open debate” about our security needs. Releasing the twenty-eight pages, he said, might be a step forward. “Hopefully, after some initial shock and awe, it would make our process work better. Our government has an obligation to do this.”

The Chairman of the 9/11 Commission says nothing in their report should remain secret. He ought to know!

Congressman Massie's reaction is the best illustration of why we should know how our government operates.

Democracy is an interesting concept....

Tom, its funny.... type the phrase "9/11" anywhere in a forum and the conspiracy nuts flock to it. Its like saying Beetlejuice three times or MMT x 3 for Tiki.....

I am far from a conspiracy nut, but I would like to know what is on the redacted pages from the report, especially concerning the Saudi connection. I guess if that makes me a truther, so be it.

I never thought of myself that way, but I'm proud to join my fellow truthers Thomas Kean and Sol in wearing that label.

I never thought of myself that way, but I'm proud to join my fellow truthers Thomas Kean and Sol in wearing that label.

I wasn't talking about you and Sol being truthers. I was saying the word 9/11 is like a light to a moth for the tin foil hat folks like randumb, dory, cheese, fuk fuk the clown, etc.

But we are truthers.

We think our government has lied to us about 9/11 and we want the truth told. That makes us truthers.

What was supposed to be bad about this again? I seem to remember "truther" being used as an insulting slur, but that simply won't work on me. I wear it proudly. I'm a truther! Anti-truth people are my enemies, especially when they are my employees.

Truth is treason in the empire of lies....

Information about terrorist activity should be forced into the open.

Um... sometimes.

The 28 pages are the classified pages of the Joint Inquiry of Congress's Final Report that allegedly contain information regarding the foreign financing of the 9/11 attacks. For nearly 15 years, these classified 28 pages have been kept secret, thereby preventing us from holding these foreign nations accountable for funding the 9/11 attacks.

The 9/11 victims' families have begged, pleaded and argued for access to these 28 pages. We have held press conferences. We have pushed for legislation. We have been solemnly promised by President Barack Obama that he would declassify these pages and give the U.S. federal courts access to this vital information.

Yet, the 28 pages remain classified -- which is why I find our government's current swoon over access to Farook's iPhone so absolutely hypocritical.

Because, why is access to Farook's iPhone any more important than access to the 28 pages?

Information about terrorist activity should be forced into the open.

Um... sometimes.

The 28 pages are the classified pages of the Joint Inquiry of Congress's Final Report that allegedly contain information regarding the foreign financing of the 9/11 attacks. For nearly 15 years, these classified 28 pages have been kept secret, thereby preventing us from holding these foreign nations accountable for funding the 9/11 attacks.

The 9/11 victims' families have begged, pleaded and argued for access to these 28 pages. We have held press conferences. We have pushed for legislation. We have been solemnly promised by President Barack Obama that he would declassify these pages and give the U.S. federal courts access to this vital information.

Yet, the 28 pages remain classified -- which is why I find our government's current swoon over access to Farook's iPhone so absolutely hypocritical.

Because, why is access to Farook's iPhone any more important than access to the 28 pages?

bush-obama.jpg

Oh hell.

Do it right! Investigate our oil embargo against Japan and the freezing of their assets that caused them to attack Pearl. Let's do an instant- repay review of all our actions.

911 was an attack on civilians by a nation-less group of radical Muslims. We had no choice but to enter Afghanistan.

The only question is who knew what when with regards to Iraq. Ask how is the public good served by reopening the investigation? What good is there? Well granted, some political hacks each will make $100's of thousand.

Oh hell.

Do it right! Investigate our oil embargo against Japan and the freezing of their assets that caused them to attack Pearl. Let's do an instant- repay review of all our actions.

911 was an attack on civilians by a nation-less group of radical Muslims. We had no choice but to enter Afghanistan.

The only question is who knew what when with regards to Iraq. Ask how is the public good served by reopening the investigation? What good is there? Well granted, some political hacks each will make $100's of thousand.

With all due respect, the fact is that we have thousands of dead and maimed Americans, was it because of a lie over WMD's in Iraq or was it because guys out for a walk one night decided to go kill some Americans. What difference at this point does it make? :ph34r:

Let me clarify.

When WWP or the VFW or some other group of COMBAT veterans with the appropriate campaign ribbon demand the inquiry- I will buy into it.

Until then it is political theater.

Oh hell.

"Please take a look at this material as to what we dont know about WMD," Rumsfeld wrote to Air Force General Richard Myers. "It is big"

The report was an inventory of what U.S. intelligence knewor more importantly didnt knowabout Iraqi weapons of mass destruction. Its assessment was blunt: "Weve struggled to estimate the unknowns. ... We range from 0% to about 75% knowledge on various aspects of their program."

Myers already knew about the report. The Joint Staffs director for intelligence had prepared it, but Rumsfelds urgent tone said a great deal about how seriously the head of the Defense Department viewed the reports potential to undermine the Bush administrations case for war. But he never shared the eight-page report with key members of the administration such as then-Secretary of State Colin Powell or top officials at the CIA, according to multiple sources at the State Department, White House and CIA who agreed to speak on condition of anonymity. Instead, the report disappeared, and with it a potentially powerful counter-narrative to the administrations argument that Saddam Husseins nuclear, chemical and biological weapons posed a grave threat to the U.S. and its allies, which was beginning to gain traction in major news outlets, led by the New York Times.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/01/iraq-war-wmds-donald-rumsfeld-new-report-213530#ixzz40kEfrR9r

From above:

The 28 pages are the classified pages of the Joint Inquiry of Congress's Final Report that allegedly contain information regarding the foreign financing of the 9/11 attacks.

I thnk we should know which nation(s) were funding that "nation-less group" of people. And who wanted that information suppressed.

Let me clarify.

When WWP or the VFW or some other group of COMBAT veterans with the appropriate campaign ribbon demand the inquiry- I will buy into it.

Here tis ..

"As Commissioned and Non-commissioned Officers in the U.S. military, we took an oath to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same."

Regardless of our current status -- active duty, reserves, retired, or civilian -- that oath remains in force. Therefore it is not just our responsibility as citizens, it is our duty as officers to expose the real perpetrators of 9/11 and bring them to justice, no matter how hard it is, how long it takes, how much we have to suffer, or where it leads us.

We believe the official account of 9/11 as defined in the 9/11 Commission Report is grossly inaccurate and fatally flawed."

I tend to listen more seriously to these guys ... Pilots for 9/11 Truth

Nope bunch of wealthy civilians. Like I said when guys with combat ribbons start yelling let me know.

With all due respect, the fact is that we have thousands of dead and maimed Americans, was it because of a lie over WMD's in Iraq or was it because guys out for a walk one night decided to go kill some Americans. What difference at this point does it make? :ph34r:

"We"??? Who's this "We" you speak of?

"We"??? Who's this "We" you speak of?

Would it be the international community? We share a small rowboat. A ruckus in the bow is also felt in the stern.

Let me clarify.

Here tis ..

"As Commissioned and Non-commissioned Officers in the U.S. military, we took an oath to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same."

Regardless of our current status -- active duty, reserves, retired, or civilian -- that oath remains in force. Therefore it is not just our responsibility as citizens, it is our duty as officers to expose the real perpetrators of 9/11 and bring them to justice, no matter how hard it is, how long it takes, how much we have to suffer, or where it leads us.

We believe the official account of 9/11 as defined in the 9/11 Commission Report is grossly inaccurate and fatally flawed."

Nope bunch of wealthy civilians. Like I said when guys with combat ribbons start yelling let me know.

So civilians like the President can't have opinions on military campaigns? Strange that we let such people control our all-knowing soldiers.

Your call for only combat vets to speak on the 9-11 attacks suggests you are pretty darn sure that those 28 pages show that we invaded the right countries.

Whether we did or did not, I think it's appropriate to listen to the families of victims of those attacks.

Let me clarify.

Here tis ..

This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

Vets include numpties like that clown jbsf, who as recently as 2 or 3 years ago confirmed in writing on this forum that he believed in the "they went to Syria" WMD fairytale.

And he is certainly not alone in this apparent inability to apply critical thinking to the patriotic slop he is fed.

So let me summarize this conversation.

People who do not have Middle East campaign ribbons; Who are not military veterans; Who have not risked their lives-- are saying that they are smarter than those who fought. And these very smart people want to open an investigation for altruistic reasons.

no fucking way I drink that kool aide.

So the kool aide you are drinking tells you that only "those who fought" are smart enough to know what really went on in 9//11?

Yeah really? That put's you in the stupid camp.

Well they are more likely to know than an unemployed wasp farmer who spends his day googling to find out where it is legal to have sex with animals.

So let me summarize this conversation.

People who do not have Middle East campaign ribbons; Who are not military veterans; Who have not risked their lives-- are saying that they are smarter than those who fought. And these very smart people want to open an investigation for altruistic reasons.

no fucking way I drink that kool aide.

I didn't say smarter.

I said that their job, and probably their mental wellbeing, is dependant on complete trust in "the mission".

Their inability to rationally and critically analyse foreign policy, particularly bits they were personally involved with, is abundantly clear.

So the kool aide you are drinking tells you that only "those who fought" are smart enough to know what really went on in 9//11?

Well they are more likely to know than an unemployed wasp farmer who spends his day googling to find out where it is legal to have sex with animals.
Pay attention kids!

This is the proper and ONLY acceptable way to quote Randumb

WL

Pay attention kids!

This is the proper and ONLY acceptable way to quote Randumb

WL

I have him on ignore too. But that was well worth it! Golf clap.....