U20guy2

65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

where is this ignore button?

Click on that arrow by your screen name at the top of the page. Then go to settings.....

where is this ignore button?

Click on your username at the top of the screen

Select Manage Ignore Prefs from the drop down menu.

Start typing "Fle.." in the Add a New User to My List box until the User Who Will Be Ignored's name shows up.

Select, and enjoy the tingly clean feeling.

There will be a lot of

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Fletcher Christian. View it anyway?

but ignore them.

Peace

Allan

Thank you! I was subscribed to this thread a while ago, but I had to drop that as my inbox was full of spam. I'm definitely a fan of this thread, but for the last couple of months it has been worthless.

I have always wondered if there was a way of working out how many people have you on ignore. I tried to ignore myself but it wouldn't do it.

I think I need to get out more.

Added someone to my ignore list for the first time, feels like I'm a proper anarchist now.

You don't see the irony in that statement, do you?

It was meant to be ironic, you just didn't get the humour

Jeezuss - an Irishman who's too subtle for me.

I'm so ashamed. :P

Added someone to my ignore list for the first time, feels like I'm a proper anarchist now.

You don't see the irony in that statement, do you?

It was meant to be ironic, you just didn't get the humour

Jeezuss - an Irishman who's too subtle for me.

I'm so ashamed. :P

Have another drink, it will pass.

What'd I miss? FH sink yet?

Got Nothin - weather here has been nicer than this summer! All the lake sailors will need to find a spot to sail on the Pacific this next summer or take up lake bed ATV antics to stay entertained this next summer. Looking very bleak in CA regarding lakes and water levels for next summer at this point. We need two fucking Typhoons at this point to get us back to normal water levels.

A blessing and a curse then, might as well enjoy it while it lasts. Sunday and Monday here were in the single digits, wind chill -10 and -20, and you woulda thought the damn sky was falling. Should be in the 40's this weekend and it'll feel like summer after this cold snap.

So Rod's on the hard or what? Wasn't he trying to sell FH at one point? Dammit I miss sailing.

I hear I'm banned for a week or so

think I read it back somewhere

A blessing and a curse then, might as well enjoy it while it lasts. Sunday and Monday here were in the single digits, wind chill -10 and -20, and you woulda thought the damn sky was falling. Should be in the 40's this weekend and it'll feel like summer after this cold snap.

So Rod's on the hard or what? Wasn't he trying to sell FH at one point? Dammit I miss sailing.

FH sits in the SF Bay which is part of the Pacific Ocean - RB is a shallow area of the Bay consisting of typical SF Bay mud FH sits in mud probably 80% of the time right now. Weather fronts that blow through in the winter typically turn the area that FH sits into a wicked wind tunnel of chop every winter we usually see a fair number of homeless floating encampments wash up on the shore in the area where FH is parked. Can't recall where or who posted it but the anchor out boats are sort of like floating versions of the shopping cart the homeless push around FH is just the largest of all the floating shopping carts currently parked in Richardson Bay. LOL

You missed Da dickhead doing his best to completely kill this thread, and as a result, anyone who is following Hot Rod and his creation putting Da dickhead on ignore.

As long as Da dickhead has one of his pointless posts on the top of the page he seems to be happy. Simple pleasures for the retards I guess.

Edit to add: NTTAWWT (sp?)

No new weather or wind for the next 10 days at least. Today is the exception with winds to 12 mph. Possibility of record highs most of next week with winds about 3 or 4 mph. This ain't typical SF in January.

The FH is one damn lucky boat.

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Forecast.aspx?location=USCA0987

I've followed this thread for the fat end of a year now and am amazed at the benign and lazy weather of SF Bay. You don't seem to have had a breeze over 12Kts since Easter.

When does the winter weather pick up, and what does it do in Richardson's bay?

Anyone wanna paint a picture for us schadenfreuders on the other side of the pond?

Poor ol' Raccoon. He must be getting hungry...

I've followed this thread for the fat end of a year now and am amazed at the benign and lazy weather of SF Bay. You don't seem to have had a breeze over 12Kts since Easter.

When does the winter weather pick up, and what does it do in Richardson's bay?

Anyone wanna paint a picture for us schadenfreuders on the other side of the pond?

Poor ol' Raccoon. He must be getting hungry...

This is a historic year regarding rain - as for wind we have had several pressure systems blow through generating 60-70mph winds in the hills even at my home in a very small protected valley we got 50mph winds twice in the past month however zero rain. Last winter we had several storms blow through by this point many of which put boats up on the beach I think we may have even lost a person in Richardson Bay who was trying to chase down loose boats during one of the storms.

This year is an exception beyond any historical data the last time we had so little weather was 1976 and by all accounts this one is far worse regarding the lack of weather. The jetstream has been going Around CA in a big S so far when typically it moves up and down the west coast running storms out of Alaska right through CA with occasional tropical systems and Alaska systems meeting up over CA. This winter so far we have just watched all weather systems go right around us to the north.

Driest year on record in most of Cali means everything is all fucked up. There should be major storms now and there ain't. Last month, too. Dry means really abnormally calm balmy weather and that will continue until it changes and there is no change in sight.

As I pointed out earlier if the current weather trend in CA continues all the Lake sailors in CA will need to take up ATV lake bed hobbies given all our lakes will be either dry or mud pits. I was a kid in 76 and my parents bought a ski boat in 74 which we used a bunch on CA lakes - in 76 most of the lakes were either dry or not accessible. The closest lake to our home is one of the largest Man Made lakes in CA and the only ramp open in the summer of 76 was a floating dock ramp which you backed out on and the last section of the ramp would sink you float the boat off bingo you were in business - it was always fun watching people back off the end of the ramp and the marina had to use a logging winch on a big old piece of logging equipment to basically rip the trailer and tow car back up onto the floating wood ramp. The water level I recall was nearly a 1/4 mile from the original boat ramp!

I spent the summer of '76 in Cali and remember the drought conditions well. Shasta was so far down that the docks were sitting hundreds of yards from the water. Tahoe was fine but it's a special case.

If this year is worse than then, you are really fucked for drinking water next summer.

I spent the summer of '76 in Cali and remember the drought conditions well. Shasta was so far down that the docks were sitting hundreds of yards from the water. Tahoe was fine but it's a special case.

If this year is worse than then, you are really fucked for drinking water next summer.

YES we are

YES we are

Drinking water will be fine. Water for lawns, laundry, showers and flushing, not so much...

I'm already warning the kids that the big baths and long showers are likely to stop soon. of course, something like 70% of the water goes to ag and industry use, and the farmers are gonna be bitching a storm this summer.

in DAGO with the great minds in office that we have

the prudent thing to do when you notice No Rain in the areas our water comes from = WASTE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN !!!

As they do rationing by making everyone use a % (like 50%) of the past years use

So if you (like me) use as little as possible you have NO Room to cut back = VIOLATION

And someone with 20 sprinklers running into the street cuts back to only 10 sprinklers = they are GOLD

AND they keep approving additional Housing by the thousands each year

Where are they going to get the water for those people ???

I'm already warning the kids that the big baths and long showers are likely to stop soon. of course, something like 70% of the water goes to ag and industry use, and the farmers are gonna be bitching a storm this summer.

My hope is that this drought we face will shed some much needed light on the water tunnel project that Brown is trying to fly under the radar and sneak past CA voters. The largest land owner in the Southern end of the Valley is a married couple who live in LA they bought it up cheap when there was no water to farm it with - created their own water district / company to gain water rights then started farming the land to increase its value- now they are in the back pocket of Brown in Sacramento trying to get tax payers to fund a water project so they can increase their land value even more and sell it off for massive profits thanks to tax payers funding water reallocation from the Sacramento watershed to the southern Desert end of the state.

Yeah, Brown and his tunnel (let alone the damn train to nowhere) is tarnishing his legacy.

I was wondering back at Turkey Day time how the south end was barren just a few years ago, and now is being farmed again, on where the water came from.

and some of those spots weren't just irrigated, there is so much water that there is standing water over large acreage. In the desert.

oh, and restaurants have started the "only serve water when asked" routine.

One bright spot, I don't have to worry about what the neighbors think of the dead grass in my front yard. They will all have dead grass.

in DAGO with the great minds in office that we have

the prudent thing to do when you notice No Rain in the areas our water comes from = WASTE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN !!!

As they do rationing by making everyone use a % (like 50%) of the past years use

So if you (like me) use as little as possible you have NO Room to cut back = VIOLATION

And someone with 20 sprinklers running into the street cuts back to only 10 sprinklers = they are GOLD

AND they keep approving additional Housing by the thousands each year

Where are they going to get the water for those people ???

House around the corner was sold late this summer - sprinklers were cranked up to stupid lengths of time to make the yard look good during the sell effort. Today every morning I walk our dog past the house where there is a strong flow of water running past not kidding 10 houses and down the storm gutter all from this home sold this summer. The yard is so soaked that water continues to come out of the lawn for pretty much the entire fucking day!!! I've knocked on their door pretty much all times of the day and evening since September about 5 different attempts to tell them that they need to turn down their water. Hell my yard is 8 times larger than theirs and I shut our water off to the yard back in October and the longest sprinkler run time for a line was 7 minutes the shortest was 3 minutes total time for 10 lines is about an hour or less depending given I adjust the times per whats going on in the yard. I bet his front yard water use is more than both my front and back yards combined. In cases like this WATER IS TOO CHEAP!

One Leaky toilet in San Francisco turned our two unit two bath two kitchen sink building from a $300 a month water bill to a $900 water bill in one billing cycle! You bet we tracked down the problem and fixed it!

The sis-in-law lives in Irvine in a development on old strawberry fields. The development was able to keep the ag water rights. Water is basically "free". You can't walk in the back yard as you sink into the mud under the grass.

In Irvine.

I'd say I wouldn't bitch about the water diverted to Los Angeles and the South except for the absolute waste.

Our water bill just south of SF but on Hetch Hetchy water is about 10x their water bill.

YES we are

Drinking water will be fine. Water for lawns, laundry, showers and flushing, not so much...

My experience is that tap water in Cali is not fit to drink at the best of times - of course I'm spoiled here - they bottle our tap water and sell it to you.

I remember the signs in '76 - "If it's yellow, let it mellow, if it's brown, flush it down".

My hope is that this drought we face will shed some much needed light on the water tunnel project that Brown is trying to fly under the radar and sneak past CA voters. The largest land owner in the Southern end of the Valley is a married couple who live in LA they bought it up cheap when there was no water to farm it with - created their own water district / company to gain water rights then started farming the land to increase its value- now they are in the back pocket of Brown in Sacramento trying to get tax payers to fund a water project so they can increase their land value even more and sell it off for massive profits thanks to tax payers funding water reallocation from the Sacramento watershed to the southern Desert end of the state.

Chinatown - deja vu.

YES we are

My experience is that tap water in Cali is not fit to drink at the best of times - of course I'm spoiled here - they bottle our tap water and sell it to you.

I remember the signs in '76 - "If it's yellow, let it mellow, if it's brown, flush it down".

Funny enough I worked in the North Bay Regional Water plant for over 6yrs - in the LAB. CA water if its proper city water is about as good as anyplace else hell even Budwizer re bottled our water in little cans and sells it in 6-12 and 24 packs. For kicks we tested bottled water which by the way DOES not need to meet GOV water standards!!!! - Some of the stuff we found in the water was pretty disgusting. I recall us testing one three times because we couldn't believe what we were finding Rat Turds!!!

It's not about the source so much as how the water is processed - our plant uses brackish water from the delta what comes out the other end to the city is water that you would need to distill to get it any cleaner and far surpassed the GOV standard.

What is scary are the private wells we tested and were told people were drinking out of and cooking with, private well water is some scary ass stuff and the crazy part is many of the well owners didn't care that they were drinking water that would if found in city systems would involve a city wide water system shut down and massive GOV investigation.

Hetch Hetchy water is pretty nice stuff. Straight from the tap drinkable.

That LA stuff, yuck.

After all of that I hereby declare this thread officially dead...

Or should I say, Dried up.

Got me going for a minute. I thot I'd been sucked back into The Cruiser's Forum.

I get smacked around there all the time by the mods.

BTW, here on Whidbey Island, we have some of the best water on the whole island, although after a month's vacation on the boat, I long for the product of my Spectra watermaker.

News from Richardson Bay, looks like the bottom of the FH will have lots of new visitors and growth attached to it:

http://www.sfgate.com/science/article/They-re-back-the-bay-s-herring-hordes-return-5129443.php

Maybe HR can make some money by catching lots of em to fund further repairs and renovations.

I recall a couple of years back when we went out for a race one day and couldn't for the life of us figure out why we were at least a full one knot slower at all points of sail than the day before.

Turns out the herring had come in the night before, and the whole bottom of the boat was covered in roe over night. That stuff is seriously sticky. Took quite a bit of effort to scrape it off the bottom that evening.

News from Richardson Bay, looks like the bottom of the FH will have lots of new visitors and growth attached to it:

http://www.sfgate.com/science/article/They-re-back-the-bay-s-herring-hordes-return-5129443.php

Maybe HR can make some money by catching lots of em to fund further repairs and renovations.

I recall a couple of years back when we went out for a race one day and couldn't for the life of us figure out why we were at least a full one knot slower at all points of sail than the day before.

Turns out the herring had come in the night before, and the whole bottom of the boat was covered in roe over night. That stuff is seriously sticky. Took quite a bit of effort to scrape it off the bottom that evening.

This would probably add a few more months to the life of the CDX could be a good thing.

roe roe roe UR boat :lol:

Who's roe-ing your boat?

Fish

Fish who?

Fish doesn't have a name

What do you mean he doesn't have a name?

So Fish is roe-ing your boat?

No!

Oh one could have so much fun with this. Friday with a sick kid home sucks....

Who's roe-ing your boat?

Fish

Fish who?

Fish doesn't have a name

No!

^^^^ YES & now you are pretty much obliged to post sum Tits as you said Friday ^^^^

Who's roe-ing your boat?

Fish

Fish who?

Fish doesn't have a name

No!

^^^^ YES & now you are pretty much obliged to post sum Tits as you said Friday ^^^^

Umm yea like posting tits while your 4yr old daughter hacks up a lung on the futon behind you - not really going to happen sorry.

Who's roe-ing your boat?

Fish

Fish who?

Fish doesn't have a name

No!

Umm yea like posting tits while your 4yr old daughter hacks up a lung on the futon behind you - not really going to happen sorry.

"FRIDAY" VIOLATION !!!!!!!! give your self 4 warning points :angry:

I didn't make the rules :)

Woody, unaccustomed as I am to this, FUCK OFF - can't you read, the guy's little girl is sick.

Woody, unaccustomed as I am to this, FUCK OFF - can't you read, the guy's little girl is sick.

lighten-up Francis

I think Woody is simply bored.

Its almost 4... Go grab a beer and step away from the computer/phone.

And have a great weekend all!

1524741_699294420104424_1745899961_n.jpg

Meanwhile over at the "Pacific Iceberg" saner heads seem to be prevailing.

http://pacificiceberg.org/events.html

The iceberg seems to be calving.

I know the biggest obstacle in our faith walk will be for our 10 kids and explain to them how missions work for our Lord is allowed to fail in the US.

Speaking of calving...

Everything's groovy until someone quotes Woody.

If you really feel the need to reply to him, please spare the rest of us and DON'T QUOTE HIM...kinda kills the point of us putting him on ignore.

Dig?

Tits..................well why not !!!

Man it's a good thing that men don't have tits - we'd never get ANYTHING done.

FH doesn't look any more sway backed but it does look to me like it's floating a little deeper.

Thanks! Besides the tits finally something useful in this thread! It's been as dry as the Winter you guys are having! Are your hills always that brown?

So what is next to the starboard rutter at the bottom of the steps? Is that an outboard motor?

Thanks! Besides the tits finally something useful in this thread! It's been as dry as the Winter you guys are having! Are your hills always that brown?

So what is next to the starboard rutter at the bottom of the steps? Is that an outboard motor?

Under Red Flag warning today extreme fire conditions with winds out of the East blowing to the Pacific - think way WAY drier than October and nearly identical weather conditions that burned down the Oakland Hills in one of the worst fires in a populated area 100's of homes lost and several people killed. Fingers crossed we don't have any stupid people getting any bright ideas involving sources of flame over the next couple of days.

The hills are pretty brown by late summer early fall. You know the old song: It never rains in California, but girl, don't they warn ya?

However now is the green season or s'posed to be.

1991 Oakland Hills fire storm: 'several people killed'

...it was 25

My College roommate worked that fire he had been in the wild fire biz a long time and said he had never seen anything like it add the really narrow steep difficult roads plus cars parked on the sides of the roads and in several cases they had to get out and walk because they couldn't get their truck any farther up the road. They eventually had to retreat and I remember him explaining how they went house to house trying to see if anyone was crazy enough to stay that long. They had an old woman walk down the middle of the road with fire all around her from the direction they retreated from said his whole crew thought they were seeing a ghost couldn't believe that she just came from what was pretty much nothing but a giant fire ball. Lots of other stories of people ending up in neighbors pools with wet towels over them as the fire blew over and burned everything down around them. My roommate wrecked his knee in that fire was changing careers ie back in college in his 40's he didn't like talking about that fire but get a few beers in him and damn you get a good idea it was about as bad as you could ever get for a wild fire in a city.

we watched it burn both days. Great Pumpkin regatta?

And yes, right now those hills should be emerald green.

and here's to Woody

attachicon.gifmr andmrs hot 9817.jpg

Thanks for the pics of the panorama of those nice homes on the shore.

Too bad the pics are spoiled by derelict boats in the harbor. Now I know how the home owners feel concerning the view.

And FH is in the good company of other anchored (?) boats.

Nice.

I may have figured out what the dock foam is for!

He built a floating interior as the tide comes up the interior floor rises and falls keeps things nice and dry and now he can sleep at night.

Yeah, 25 killed, 150 injured, and hundreds of homes = 3,354 single family homes plus 437 apartment and condos. It was an unbelievable sight to watch, from the water, or anywhere with a view of those hills. Because I worked for a company consulting on the cleanup, I had a pass to go up there just days after the fire. The most amazing this I saw was the melted cars on the street, just blobs of different kinds of metal.

1991 Oakland Hills fire storm: 'several people killed'

...it was 25

Wow, i forget about the size of the monstrosity until you see people on it. It must have near 8' headroom !

As to the starboard hull being lower in the water, is that just a bit of swell on the beam on shot cause it appears pretty good on the stern shot.

and ouch !

post-72500-0-61380400-1389770320_thumb.jpg

Mrs. Hot

attachicon.gif9803.jpg

Makes it look like they are not talking.

might be giving Guy a Lappie B)

Wow, i forget about the size of the monstrosity until you see people on it. It must have near 8' headroom !

As to the starboard hull being lower in the water, is that just a bit of swell on the beam on shot cause it appears pretty good on the stern shot.

and ouch !

attachicon.giftumblr_mzeumbWVAM1rwbsl5o1_500.jpg

Of course the FW has 8' of headroom.

Houses have 8' of headroom don't they?

It looked like they were were talking on cell phones simultaneously

OK, so who wants to take a guess at the conversation. I can sort of imagine what Mrs. Hot might be saying to one of her friends: "Jeezus, I wish I could get off of this fucking pos boat."

I'm sure some of you all could come up with some much wittier thought bubbles.

and ouch !

attachicon.giftumblr_mzeumbWVAM1rwbsl5o1_500.jpg

Of course the FW has 8' of headroom.

Houses have 8' of headroom don't they?

They do indeed often have 8' of headroom, unless the joists are undersized, in which case mileage will vary.

Allan

it looks like they are both ringing their lawyers: "What do you mean I have to give her 60%..... why cant I give her 100% ? I want another lawyer NOW...

I don't want to laugh at the expense of Hotrod, but holy shit this post is funny.

Newbie with one serious question, does it have a basement?

Consider it more an underground swimming pool ;)

Still working my way though the 100+ pages of threads but as of yet, no use of shingles? Surprising.

Hmm. Bilge pump or sump pump?

Hmm. Bilge pump or sump pump?

Lil Murrey pump.

OK, so who wants to take a guess at the conversation. I can sort of imagine what Mrs. Hot might be saying to one of her friends: "Jeezus, I wish I could get off of this fucking pos boat."

I'm sure some of you all could come up with some much wittier thought bubbles.

...''I -told- him to build an i550........he'd fit right in!'' :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Maybe testing their inter-crew communications equipment for those adventures on the high seas?