U20guy2

65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

Yarharr, this be me personal cloud, matey!

1bMyNXH.png

Convesely, is that a binnacle in your pants or are you just happy to see me?

"He signed off on the the report". Why not just "He signed the report"?

Yarharr, this be me personal cloud, matey!

1bMyNXH.png

Convesely, is that a binnacle in your pants or are you just happy to see me?

"The Cloud" Or "Personal Cloud" for server or server farm...... Drives me nutz...

Yes!

Being the buzzword du Jour, this term/concept is frequently used incorrectly. Since most people don't really know what the "cloud" or a "server" are, they just want to use the latest "in" word.

"He signed off on the the report". Why not just "He signed the report"?

because perhaps he approved it but did not affix his signature? ever work in an office?

Also, I hate the fact that all the fricking new devices/apps/phones/whatever ask you all the fricking time if you want to put all your crap on"the cloud" . Fuck the Cloud.. If I wanted to give all my data to google verizon or whatever I would call them and put a process in place not just click Go.... Is it just me or do others get annoyed when every fricking app or whatever wants to do everything for you??

Oh Yea, How is the hawaiian doin with the rain??

Interweb

Oh my bad

"The Cloud" Or "Personal Cloud" for server or server farm...... Drives me nutz...

Yes!

Being the buzzword du Jour, this term/concept is frequently used incorrectly. Since most people don't really know what the "cloud" or a "server" are, they just want to use the latest "in" word.

In this quarter, our goal is to leverage the synergy!

I wonder if Mr. (or Mrs.) Rod has even a clew about what we have been driveling. About.

How does one catch a Unique Duck?

The real weather guy one of the few left on our local SF news stations is eyeing the storm fronts blowing through starting Friday through Sunday this weekend. He is leaning in the direction that we could get a pretty good soaker no mention of winds but looking at how its developing as of this morning he was starting to think this weekend could be pretty damn wet. He said the models were a bit exaggerated in his view as to what was developing but he said 4+ inches between Friday and Sunday in the Bay Area is a pretty real possibility based on what he was seeing with the way the next couple of fronts were developing.

Will those fronts continue up into the watershed areas and dump rain there as well, or is it a coastal-type event? Not being from the area I seem to remember that storms that soak the Bay and SF area rarely get too far inland.

Will those fronts continue up into the watershed areas and dump rain there as well, or is it a coastal-type event? Not being from the area I seem to remember that storms that soak the Bay and SF area rarely get too far inland.

Well typically the storms that hit CA eventually drop snow in Colorado so not exactly sure what your asking?

We have two types of winter storms in CA - Tropical fronts and Alaskan cold fronts we often get both at the same time which has an interesting impact the cold Alaskan air squeezes the tropical air like squeezing a sponge meaning we get DUMPED ON big time! - The Alaskan Fronts tend to be just wet drizzly things that drop big snow in the Sierras and Cascades - the Tropical fronts tend to drop lots of heavy rain and typically threaten our snow pack with the warm temps in the Sierras and Cascades.

The fronts headed our way this weekend are Tropical but temps are looking some what mild so good chance we get decent snow and a good soaking.

Pet Peeves !

bated baited

sheer shear

voila wala

dinghy dingy

Bill went for a walk

Bill he went for a walk

Lots more.

How about hearing more?

Have you thought about drinking after work?

Has anyone else noticed the irony of this particular thread drifting into spelling & grammar?

Considering HR's apparently limited grasp of the subjects I think it's pretty funny.

irregardless

I dunno. I've been with Da Woody on several cougar prowls and I've never seen him take a drink.

Just because I've never seen it doesn't mean anything, though.

The watershed areas for resiviors in the Bay Area are pretty much right on the coast.

Marin is the Mt Tamalpias area and the East Bay is supplied by the hills just south east of oakland and east of San Jose.

Should be getting lots of rain there for the next few days.

This storm system should carry on right into the Sierras also.

What area does the Shasta reservoir supply? I thought that was a big part of the Bay area supply.

What area does the Shasta reservoir supply? I thought that was a big part of the Bay area supply.

The central valley and of course the Sacramento river.

I dunno. I've been with Da Woody on several cougar prowls and I've never seen him take a drink.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence...

The watershed areas for resiviors in the Bay Area are pretty much right on the coast.

Marin is the Mt Tamalpias area and the East Bay is supplied by the hills just south east of oakland and east of San Jose.

Should be getting lots of rain there for the next few days.

This storm system should carry on right into the Sierras also.

Hetch Hetchy is a primary supply for the Penninsula - East Bay areas have lakes and access to delta water, Marin ie North of the GG bridge depends on Russian River and lakes they are hurting big. Shasta / Trinity water shed is the upper Sacramento and is the primary delta supply for fresh water with Truckee, American and Yuba rivers feeding into the Sacramento at Sacramento, Stockton South is delta water pumped into the canal and the Merced River which drops down out of the Sierras roughly from Yosemite. CA basically has Four major water shed zones from the North to South that feed the bulk of the states water needs.

well, mostly right - Marin county has the water district lakes on the slopes of Mt tamalpais

the truckee river flows east into Nevada to pyramid lake - the Merced river comes from exactly Yosemite valley

and so cal also gets water from the Colorado river which is runoff from the Rockies

SoCal drinks the fucker DRY - the Colorado doesn't even reach the sea anymore.

I could care less.

So you DO care, then?

Or did you really mean you could NOT care less?

Dude! You are so late to this game!

Channel your inner Snaggletooth.

Oh, and read the dozen posts which preceded it.

missing_the_point.png

well, mostly right - Marin county has the water district lakes on the slopes of Mt tamalpais

the truckee river flows east into Nevada to pyramid lake - the Merced river comes from exactly Yosemite valley

and so cal also gets water from the Colorado river which is runoff from the Rockies

I wasn't going to cover every single watershed in CA Pete we would be here all day.

You missed the Marble Mt range, Klamath river and Fort Jones on your list ;-)

Usage issues:

Affect -- Effect

I -- Me

The phrase "very unique"

And then there is the problem of people who pronounce the t in often. Soon they'll even be talking about using fabric sof-TEN-er.

How about "often times"--- yeah, thanks for clarifying that, if you just said often I wouldn't understand

I am pretty tired of hearing "Random"

and also starting to see "Wierd" used a little too much.

FWIW

Raining in the Bay Area now and predicted to do so on and off for a week.

Feels like we are finally in a winter weather pattern.

Wow, that's wEIrd

Yes!

Most people don't know what proper English or computer jargon IS

I'm on Amtrak all day so deal with it - ha ha ha ha

Well typically the storms that hit CA eventually drop snow in Colorado so not exactly sure what your asking?

We have two types of winter storms in CA - Tropical fronts and Alaskan cold fronts we often get both at the same time which has an interesting impact the cold Alaskan air squeezes the tropical air like squeezing a sponge meaning we get DUMPED ON big time! - The Alaskan Fronts tend to be just wet drizzly things that drop big snow in the Sierras and Cascades - the Tropical fronts tend to drop lots of heavy rain and typically threaten our snow pack with the warm temps in the Sierras and Cascades.

The fronts headed our way this weekend are Tropical but temps are looking some what mild so good chance we get decent snow and a good soaking.

I think you meant to say "wut yu axin"

Has anyone else noticed the irony of this particular thread drifting into spelling & grammar?

Considering HR's apparently limited grasp of the subjects I think it's pretty funny.

Grasp ON the subject

SoCal drinks the fucker DRY - the Colorado doesn't even reach the sea anymore.

Sure it does, its a dry ditch about 40 foot wide and 3 inches of water in the middle of the ditch where it cross I-8

Well, maybe 2 inches...

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence abstinence..

Fixed it...

I miss the days when there were nearly a hundred posts, and almost all were about Hot Rod and a big assed wooden trimaran.

:(

He built a Tri and a Cat?

I miss the days when there were nearly a hundred posts, and almost all were about Hot Rod and a big assed wooden trimaran.

:(

He built a Tri and a Cat?

One of the fronts fell off already. You must have been in the can when that happened.

You must have been in the can when that happened.

tin can?

All of the fronts fell off that, not to mention the wheels.

Cali is having the most unique weather now, a once in alifetime event that was last experienced 22 years ago. Does this unheard of drought also portend poor snow in the Rockies?

Cali is having the most unique weather now, a once in alifetime event that was last experienced 22 years ago. Does this unheard of drought also portend poor snow in the Rockies?

Points for "most unique"

Grasp ON the subject

I'm so ashamed. :(

If you count the Bayliner side tied, it was 'a Cat and a Half".

The dinghy might count as a "Shovel Ready Job" for the guy who rowed it.

BTW, where have all the Obama bumper stickers gone??? lol

Once in the lifetime of a cat? 22 years is a long time but hopefully it's not a lifetime.

If you count the Bayliner side tied, it was 'a Cat and a Half".

The dinghy might count as a "Shovel Ready Job" for the guy who rowed it.

BTW, where have all the Obama bumper stickers gone??? lol

I've been informed that there was no shovel

FB- Doug

bout time & 1/2 this thread was locked

if anything ever happens with/on/to the FH it won't be related to this thread anyway

As it would be News ;)

There Is a High Wind Advisory in the Bay Area tonight, along with heavy rain. Is anybody out there a Certified Meteorologist?

There Is a High Wind Advisory in the Bay Area tonight, along with heavy rain. Is anybody out there a Certified Meteorologist?

HR is.

HR is.

Question is, is he on the boat or in the slammer?

Last seen on the boat - a couple of pages of drivel ago.

Last seen on the boat - a couple of pages of drivel ago.

Sad to think HR left this thread and Got a Life, Yet ....................................................

1907847_741285869217142_562359289_o.jpg

how's the happy hawaiian today? A bit of rain and breeze for the last 3 days. Are the mushrooms growing on deck yet?

As of this morning north of the FH they got 11 inches of rain between Friday and This morning! No joke

FH probably saw about 9inches between Friday and this morning.

We need more but everything is pretty much soaked to the bone outside right now - the FH should start sprouting mushrooms in a week or two.

^^^^^^ I hope some of that fell in the places our pipes start from B)

11" over a weekend and DAGO would be Gone !!!!!!!

We will probably start getting lake levels reported by Tuesday once the creeks and rivers have started to drop. The ground was so damn dry that other than the really typical minor spots that flood a little there wasn't really a whole lot of standing water around. More rain later this week so fingers crossed we keep getting storms rolling through.

Snow was fairly high up in Tahoe but they still got about 5ft between Friday and Last night.

it was a warm storm, snow levels were high and reports are slushy stuff at that.

Holy Shit! I thought we got a lot of rain around here. A FOOT over a weekend :blink: That's the kind of rain they get in Bangladesh during the monsoon.

The Okanagan, where I grew up gets 11" a YEAR.

Youse guys need it - hope you get more.

my rain gauge is full at 6", so I'm not sure exactly how much we received. I'm right above SFO at about 600' elevation. down in the flats they seemed to receive a lot less. It's very welcome, my clover (got rid of grass last year) is looking great.

Holy Shit! I thought we got a lot of rain around here. A FOOT over a weekend :blink: That's the kind of rain they get in Bangladesh during the monsoon.

We need it - I hope they get more B)

what hits here goes right into the Ocean with all the Oil off the streets and Garbage built up in our creeks etc

May it Rain in the Mountins and fill the Dams ;)

what hits here goes right into the Ocean with all the Oil off the streets and Garbage built up in our creeks etc

May it Rain in the Mountins and fill the Dams ;)

Snow Woody - Snow in the Mountins to fill the lakes.

May it Snow in the Mountins and fill the Dams ;)

Snow Woody - Snow in the Mountins to fill the lakes.

fixied

Sorry I forgot about Snow :)

Shit that is alot, we had that over a weekend Augistish and it filled the res past the Parking lot. Fricking wonderfull considering 2 weeks before we couldn't get in or out at the ramps or crane. God came through for us..... :)

Shit that is alot,..

You think so, but this is really alot:

ALOT.png

how's the happy hawaiian today? A bit of rain and breeze for the last 3 days. Are the mushrooms growing on deck yet?

No actual news? Poor lilmurray. We hardly new ye.

As a cultural retard (ie Alien) could someone explain to me who lil'murray is. It might make this thread much more - well - understandable?

if you missed a post this thread won't make sense - Read it and Weep :)

The speculation is that Lil'Murray disappeared into the bowels of the FH during one of his scouting trips for this thread and is being held captive as punishment for his negative comments herein. He hasn't been heard from for quite some time.

Your 'god' has lost his magnificance, hasn't he?

Magnificence.

Of course you are, your Eminence.

As a cultural retard (ie Alien) could someone explain to me who lil'murray is. It might make this thread much more - well - understandable?

Lil Murray is HR's bilge pump. Poor bastard.

Your 'god' has lost his magnificance, hasn't he?

Magnificence.

Of course you are, your Eminence.

the flowing robes.... bald.... .... striking.

"Tha' rain be fallin' on tha' site

Tha' tea upon on tha' brew!

We're sittin' on our Assholes

Wi' nowt tae' much tae' do.... (Wi' buggar aa' tae do..)

O'ot side, our picks an' shovels, (lads)

They slowly melts a-wa',

We're rained-off an' con-ten-ted

On Four Pound a-day!

(Mair tae come. Lads! The readiness be's A'aa!)

Another Lullaby: (everytime I hear about this aquatic Disaster):

Oh you are a mucky kid,
Dirty as a dustbin lid.
When he finds out the things you did
You'll get a belt from your da.
Oh you have your father's nose,
So crimson in the dark, it glows.
If you're not asleep when the boozers close

You look so scruffy lying there,
Strawberry jam tats in your hair,
Though in the world you haven't a care
And I have got so many.
It's quite a struggle everyday
Living on your father's pay;
The bugger drinks it all away
And leaves me without any.

Although we have no silver spoon,
Better days are coming soon,
Now Nellie's working at the Lune
And she gets paid on Friday.
Perhaps one day we'll have a splash
When Littlewoods provides the cash;
We'll get a house in Knotty Ash
And buy your dad a brewery.

Oh you are a mucky kid,
Dirty as a dustbin lid.
When he finds out the things you did

Och! An' you've ga't thy father's face,
Thee's growing up a real hard case.
But there's no one can take tha' place...

Ga'e' fas' asleep for Mummy!

Skipped and jumped through 100+ pages and two questions.

Has it sank yet?

If not, how....

kippermoose.

lil'murray used to update us regularly on the day to day activities of the F'H...until one day he suddenly stopped.

I think that it was coincident with HR threatening legal action against those "bad mouthing" his rig....

Me thinks lil'murray took that "legal" threat to heart...was scared shitless from HR's preceived legal "position"....and was never heard from again......

Although many feel that he has either been captured our even perhaps eaten by the flesh loving HR.....