U20guy2

65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

Apparently nobody knows the meaning of unique.

No, we all know it, but it's way more fun to pretend we're idiots.

She looks like she started out pretty good looking.

Poor nutrition and low self-esteem... not that the item in question has much reason for high self-esteem, but at some point along the way she had a chance. It's a shame.

Being a grumpy old married guy, when I see a young girl with tattoos & piercings etc etc (never seen forehead horn implants before, that's creative) it makes me think what her mother must be like.

FB- Doug

Being another grumpy old married guy, I imagine that there are likely numerous interesting stories involving Mom, but that as regards this young lady's configuration, I'd guess we're looking at Daddy's influence (or lack thereof)

Shiver..... Where would one get the coin to do this... Shiver........ if they work in a freak show can they write off the horns??????

No, we all know it, but it's way more fun to pretend we're idiots.

Well, as long as you're just pretending. [edit] And I'm not even going to start on that comma splice...

Isn't she Monique's sister?

And cousin to Chronique

it makes me think what her mother must be like

Here's mom:

pierced_and%20tattooed_trash.jpg

Y'know, at one point in my life I would have thought it cool to become a D&D character, but not an orc.

FB- Doug

Shiver..... Where would one get the coin to do this... Shiver........ if they work in a freak show can they write off the horns??????

Where else could they work?

Actually, upon further reflection, they'd probably make pretty good bouncers - I sure wouldn't argue with them.

The speculation is that Lil'Murray disappeared into the bowels of the FH during one of his scouting trips for this thread and is being held captive as punishment for his negative comments herein. He hasn't been heard from for quite some time.

Fixed it for you!

I remember reading years ago that Baker has the highest snowfall on Earth. It had more than 100 feet one year.

Kind of ironic for a dormant volcano

I remember reading years ago that Baker has the highest snowfall on Earth. It had more than 100 feet one year.

Kind of ironic for a dormant volcano

Um, I think you mean Mount Rainier.

I was told Baker but I see Wiki agrees with you - I imagine they get pretty much the same amount of snow - they are only about 75 miles apart. Either way, they get a shitload.

Just checked - I guess it's who you believe.

http://www.athropolis.com/arctic-facts/fact-baker.htm

Another irony - on a clear day we get a perfect, beautiful view of Baker but here 1" of snow will virtually paralyze the city while we can look at 50' to 100' in the distance.

Isn't she Monique's sister?

And cousin to Chronique

>

it makes me think what her mother must be like

Here's mom:

Y'know, at one point in my life I would have thought it cool to become a D&D character, but not an orc.

FB- Doug

Could they be related?

http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130329124436/en.futurama/images/c/c5/Lurr.png

Tat's & piercings are one thing but presumably those horns require surgical implants of some sort.

What doctor would do that? Does the medical association know what they're doing?

Tat's & piercings are one thing but presumably those horns require surgical implants of some sort.

What doctor would do that? Does the medical association know what they're doing?

It's barely subcutaneous.

They are probably done in Mexico, anyway. The Mexican equivalent of the FDA -- COFEPRIS -- is ever so slightly more lax about procedures.

I think I recall reading where spiky bra demoness is Mexican.

Anyway... what's your problem, maaaaaaannnn?

Why won't you hire me? Are you prejudiced?

pierced_jerk.jpg

Those sub-cutaneous implants are performed by qualified piercers. Some tattoo shops will perform them. Others will not. It all depends. I don't know of any surgeon who will implant these things, however.

If one goes to a Tattoo and Piercing Expo, one can have these done for a price. Even having been a piercer, I will not, and have never, condoned such things. It's just plain ugly.

I have long held the belief that: your body is a temple; decorate. That being said, some people will always take things too far.

I have long held the belief that: your body is a temple; decorate.

So if I change my opinion about the decorations I've applied to my body, I can just move to a different temple?

Sounds legit.

So if I change my opinion about the decorations I've applied to my body, I can just move to a different temple?

Sounds legit.

I think you only get one temple per incarnation. "moving to a different temple" could be traumatic.

Sounds legit.

I think you only get one temple per incarnation. "moving to a different temple" could be traumatic.

Don't Fuck with your Temple

But if you must a smack with a hammer will provide faster, cheaper results (including price of hammer)

AND I see Nothing to lead one to think that ^^^^^ might as likely be a dude :o

admittedly NO Risk of it making any difference ;)

has about as much to do with the FH and a shitload more pleasant to look at than the human waste above LOL

Maria Jose Cristerna, the Vampire Woman of Mexico.

She used to be a lawyer. Here she is in 1998, before she went full-wack-job:

vampire_woman_pre_tatoo_330px.jpg

so you're saying she became a lawyer around 1999 or so

Sadly =

is sumwhat of an improvmnt

I have long held the belief that: your body is a temple; decorate. That being said, some people will always take things too far.

Tats & piercings are ALL ugly - they are the equivalent of spraying graffiti on the Mona Lisa.

Take a run through the "best thread ever" and tell me which of those girls would be improved with a bunch of metal or "art" on their bodies.

Um . . . . the Flyin' Hawaian? Any news?

Anyone spoken to HR on the phone? Is he okay?

I don't want to bother him with a phone call if folks here have been speaking with him regularly. Friendly fellow, I wish him the best.

I was told Baker but I see Wiki agrees with you - I imagine they get pretty much the same amount of snow - they are only about 75 miles apart. Either way, they get a shitload.

Just checked - I guess it's who you believe.

http://www.athropolis.com/arctic-facts/fact-baker.htm

Another irony - on a clear day we get a perfect, beautiful view of Baker but here 1" of snow will virtually paralyze the city while we can look at 50' to 100' in the distance.

I stand corrected. Rainier held the record for 25 years but Baker took the record away in 1999.

As an aside, I spent 50 hours stuck in a tent 600 feet below the Baker summit in a raging blizzard. When the weather cleared a bit the access road was snowed in so we had to hike all the way to the Forest Service SAR facility. They were stunned when we knocked on their door @ 7:00pm, made us soup, bandaged up our feet and lent us beds, even ran our gear through their dryer.. Learned the virtue of a really good tent from that, and it *does* snow a lot on Baker.

Tats & piercings are ALL ugly - they are the equivalent of spraying graffiti on the Mona Lisa.

Take a run through the "best thread ever" and tell me which of those girls would be improved with a bunch of metal or "art" on their bodies.

I don't know if I'd go that far. Being a confirmed old fogey, to me tattoos say either "prison" or "military." In a way it's fitting for a marine or navy sailor to have an anchor or such.

Being young, by definition, youth lacks perspective. I can't help but think a lot of them get tatts & piercings etc to punish their parents... nice way to give yourself something to regret later. Maybe it's skin art now, but 20 years from now it's going to look terrible. And time is flying.

FB- Doug

Tattooing inks and techniques have improved a shitload from the times of a sailor getting his buddy to do a shitty anchor tattoo on a shoulder. Modern tattoos will last much better, although they will still fade and spread if not looked after. Whether the owner still likes said art in 25 years time is another question.

Piercings can be removed, holes are not hugely noticeable.

Gauges in the ears, and horns and shit under the skin, that will be interesting to see how they age, and the new cosmetic surgery techniques that will be spawned to fix them.

I don't know if I'd go that far. Being a confirmed old fogey, to me tattoos say either "prison" or "military." In a way it's fitting for a marine or navy sailor to have an anchor or such.

Being young, by definition, youth lacks perspective. I can't help but think a lot of them get tatts & piercings etc to punish their parents... nice way to give yourself something to regret later. Maybe it's skin art now, but 20 years from now it's going to look terrible. And time is flying.

FB- Doug

You got that right!

post-95343-0-85917400-1393208880_thumb.jpg

I've never known anyone who didn't eventually regret getting a tat. I should probably invest in some Laser removal stock.

As to it being "fitting" for sailors & Marines to have them - I think that's only because we are so used to it. I've known ex-military who always wear long sleeves because of their forearm tats. They aren't so appropriate in the financial world.

Whether the owner still likes said art in 25 years time is another question.

It ain't "art" no matter what the practitioners call it. At its best it can be called illustration, at worst, self abuse. <_<

Quick tip - if you choose it from a catalogue or from a sheet of paper hanging on the wall, it ain't art.

Whether the owner still likes said art in 25 years time is another question.

It ain't "art" no matter what the practitioners call it. At its best it can be called illustration, at worst, self abuse. <_<

Quick tip - if you choose it from a catalogue or from a sheet of paper hanging on the wall, it ain't art.

A good tattoo can be art IMO, I have a few friends with some amazing work. It takes time, planning and a lot of money though, same as anything else you expect quality from. Most are just shit

Tattooing inks and techniques have improved a shitload from the times of a sailor getting his buddy to do a shitty anchor tattoo on a shoulder. Modern tattoos will last much better, although they will still fade and spread if not looked after. Whether the owner still likes said art in 25 years time is another question.

Gauges in the ears, and horns and shit under the skin, that will be interesting to see how they age, and the new cosmetic surgery techniques that will be spawned to fix them.

How do you "look after" a tattoo?

How do you "look after" a tattoo?

$T2eC16J,!zgFIds(6lH(BS,TDYQPuw~~60_12.J

1.) Start with a good tattoo.

2.) Moisturize

3.) Sunscreen

4.) Keep the sun off as much as possible (long sleeves, etc)

There are a lot of good tattoo artists out there, but just like in any field, most are crap.

2.) Moisturize

3.) Sunscreen

There are a lot of good tattoo artists out there, but just like in any field, most are crap.

I have Many Great tShirts

None I would care to wear the rest of my life - even under another :o

Tattooing inks and techniques have improved a shitload from the times of a sailor getting his buddy to do a shitty anchor tattoo on a shoulder. Modern tattoos will last much better, although they will still fade and spread if not looked after.

Really? If there is some way of preventing the skin from growing, then I suppose a tattoo in the skin would not spread & blur & fade. Doesn't sound healthy though.

As to it being "fitting" for sailors & Marines to have them - I think that's only because we are so used to it. I've known ex-military who always wear long sleeves because of their forearm tats. They aren't so appropriate in the financial world.

Well, it's a badge of honor. Not necessarily to be shown to people who aren't members of the same club. Personally I would have more respect for a banker with a 30 year old globe-and-anchor on his forearm than one who made fun of the poor old guy with a tattoo that's not even art. A lot more. Long sleeves are appropriate in most business settings.

And yes, I think a tattoo could be art. I just have never seen one that was in improvement on naked skin.

FB- Doug

2.) Moisturize

3.) Sunscreen

Exactly!

How about a nice big "Fuck Cancer" on your back in 40 years?

"My generation got tattoos. We were not the first Americans to do so, but we were the first to do so en masse. Now, two decades later, we are becoming the first to carry them into middle age. It turns out tattoos are permanent, even when little else is. When we all got them together, they became a symbol of youth, which is a substantially less fun symbol to have around when you are old. How will our tattoos look to the generation that cares for us? Perhaps they will see the flames and skulls on our withered forearms and remember us as the generation that couldn't imagine getting old, that was foolish enough to make the enthusiasms of its youth a permanent mark."

-- Dan Brooks in the New York Times

2.) Moisturize

3.) Sunscreen

Exactly!

"Do Not Resussitate"

2.) Moisturize

3.) Sunscreen

Exactly!

"Do Not Resussitate"

I think you'd want that one on your chest.

Not a bad idea, really.

FB- Doug

I like my simple and clean tattoo, easily covered as well for business etc

When people ask me about it I tell 'em that I used to get lost a lot :blink:

tattoo.jpg

Mrs. Frank loves Guy's tattoo.....

attachicon.gifme-and-your-mom-tattoo.jpg

Guy is THAT the one you got on your ...........................................

And to think I got flicked twice in One day for being a distraction to this thread :lol::lol::lol::lol:

this thread should be moved to Porcelain Anarchy (for those who talk shit ) il_340x270.556561290_1xv6.jpg ;)

That is very weird but also very cool - got any more on it? Link?

The rose has always been a classic tattoo! derp.png

rose5.jpg

Looks like a wallpaper pattern. (except for the ubiquitous "Mom")

outdoorsy-stuff-9.jpg

OK we need to know several key facts about this.

What grade of plywood was used in the construction?

What provision is there for rutters?

What type of anker is used.

What does it rate?

outdoorsy-stuff-9.jpg

OK we need to know several key facts about this.

What grade of plywood was used in the construction?

What provision is there for rutters?

What type of anker is used.

What does it rate?

No room for a motorcycle.

Love the "feeding tower" on that vessel. HR needs to add one of those. Think of the money he'll make once he gets the FH to Waikiki and catches and trains up a dolphin.

"Feeding tower" ?

Hello! Filming platform!

ex playstation?

Btw. I hate this thread, every time theres a new entry I expect to read something about the "floating hawaiian" and the Rod.. it seems like a never ending story..

If anyone's interested on (UK) netflix there's a docu about Cheyenne's (ex-play station) RTW record. Kinda interesting to see how things have moved on from there to Banque Populaire 5.

all this weather and no news?

I keep coming back expecting some news about Cap'n Rod and his Flyin' Annoyin', but Gournish zum gournish !!?

You guys in SF are a big disappointment. HotRod could be in trouble out there and you're all preoccupied with digging your Auntie out of the mud slide. As that AU guy says, "Toughen the fuck up!" We need a report on the Flyin' Hawaiian and how it's coping with it's first real weather.

You guys in SF are a big disappointment. HotRod could be in trouble out there and you're all preoccupied with digging your Auntie out of the mud slide. As that AU guy says, "Toughen the fuck up!" We need a report on the Flyin' Hawaiian and how it's coping with it's first real weather.

That would be, "Harden the fuck up!" (HTFU)

sheesh.

sheesh.

dunno, it's got a ring to it, kind of like an update to ttfn - TTFU

sheesh.

dunno, it's got a ring to it, kind of like an update to ttfn - TTFU

I know, right?

HTFU sounds like something that an HVAC engineer would repair. High Temperature Forced-air Unit.

he remained afloat yesterday

I thought this thread would outlive the Flying Hawaiian. Apparently not.

The what ?????

I thought this thread would outlive the Flying Hawaiian. Apparently not.

Well we could start another pool. Or just add 1 year to all the dates everybody picked last time

FB- Doug

I wish one of our SF Bay brethren would go out the see HR on the FH and get a tour so they could report back to us. Leaving a float plan with the CG would ensure they didn't end up like L'il Murray.

I am astounded that it has lasted this long - I fully expected it to do the splits at some point during the launch.