U20guy2

65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

Rimas isn't the same deal. He's actually gotten under way.

Slowly. But better than HR and Dirty.

And I'd guess he's probably learned a good bit by now.

what happened to Mom w the life savings & wheelchair ????

I hope *MPS picked her up

* Mom's Protective Services !!!

What's your point?

He's just worried about the welfare of the Harlisaki. We all are.

Oh, and the wisdom of 10,000 naval architects that could go down with the ship too.

Rimas isn't the same deal. He's actually gotten under way.

Slowly. But better than HR and Dirty.

And I'd guess he's probably learned a good bit by now.

The compelling thing about Rimas is the utter lack of learning or any desire to learn.

Hot Rod learned he couldn't sail that thing and quit trying.

Since you're in Philly, I won't complain that you are one of the SF Supersailors who are too ... what shall I say, too frightened of the big bad HR to keep a closer check on him and leave us hanging. There should be someone out there not too intimidated by the loss of Lil Murray to do a pass in review and get us some up-close, up-to-date pics of the state of the FH and maybe say Hi to HR. The thread is down to a glowing ember, not because there's no story out there, but because of the neglect of the SF contingent. Are they all talk and no action? Don't make us come out there and kick butt. We need better reporting and we need it now.

+1

Since you're in Philly, I won't complain that you are one of the SF Supersailors who are too ... what shall I say, too frightened of the big bad HR to keep a closer check on him and leave us hanging. There should be someone out there not too intimidated by the loss of Lil Murray to do a pass in review and get us some up-close, up-to-date pics of the state of the FH and maybe say Hi to HR. The thread is down to a glowing ember, not because there's no story out there, but because of the neglect of the SF contingent. Are they all talk and no action? Don't make us come out there and kick butt. We need better reporting and we need it now.

+1

Unless you sail a boat that draws less than 18 inches or so there is no way to get close enough to check on the barge. Ask Photoboy. He might swing by and take a look when he's out taking pics of the mid-winter races on the Bay....

Oh... yeah. He was booted out of here.

Check over at Pressure drop.

So, is the F ing H sitting on the mud during low tide? Last week there were some very low tides.

+1

+2

Every time my vision starts to clear someone posts that again.

I'm surprised no-one has photoshopped a Santa hat on him.

EW !

Some things seen cannot be unseen...

It certainly isn't going to be unseen around here. At least six times a year, I figure, and then each posting gets quoted five or six more times in each thread. If you can't take it, you'll have to move over to SailNet or the Crusers Forum to get away from it.

What a minute here Buckwheat! I'm in the SF contingent and I went out there on Sept 4 and took some photos and posted them here just for your entertainment. What the hell do you want now? I think my boat (F24II Tri) draws about 18" of water with the dagger and rudder up, and I gotta tell you, I wouldn't risk going into the area where HR/FH is currently anchored. It's where boats go to die! No one goes there willingly. I had to get tested for Hepatitis for even being in the area last time out. So let's get off the "SF guys aren't doing their job poopy" you ungrateful bastard!

This thing is still er um, floating, after 3 years?

From what bhyde says (post before yours) it may not be.......umm.........floating all the time.

It was supposed to be launched 3 years ago. It was launched in May, 2013.

Better than most government contract fulfillment.

What a minute here Buckwheat! I'm in the SF contingent and I went out there on Sept 4 and took some photos and posted them here just for your entertainment. What the hell do you want now? I think my boat (F24II Tri) draws about 18" of water with the dagger and rudder up, and I gotta tell you, I wouldn't risk going into the area where HR/FH is currently anchored. It's where boats go to die! No one goes there willingly. I had to get tested for Hepatitis for even being in the area last time out. So let's get off the "SF guys aren't doing their job poopy" you ungrateful bastard!

Okay, so your next turn doesn't come up again for another month or so. Where the hell was Mr. October, November and Miss December? And what about the Caroling Festival that goes boat to boat this week? Are they on strike? Or did they boycott FH and old Hot Rod? SeptFuckingtember??? That's three months ago. You think that's a BFD??? WhasAMattaYou??? We need input. We need facts. We need the story. We don't need whining crybabies.

1. Is FH on the bottom at low tide?
  2. Does FH float any longer at high tide?
  3. Is the CDX swelling? Delaminating? Crumbling? Breaking off and floating through the Gate toward Hawaii?
  4. Is the ersatz Harley in view? Functioning as an anker? Sold for bail money?
  5. Is Granny still aboard? Has her broken heart healed since she was abandoned by Guy?
  6. Is HR Jr. still aboard? Will he accept that scolarship offer from Harvard?
  7. Does the wind sing in Hot Rod's rigging? Or is it just whistling through the gap in his teeth?

I may be a bastard, poopie, but at least I'm your bastard. Think on that and be thankful.

Get a plastic kayak and go see what's up. Or an aluminum skiff. Geez. I have three plastic kayaks, one foldable kayak, two aluminum boats, and a RIB, any of which could get a person from shore out to the FH.

NASA just emailed a wrench to the space station. When am I going to be able to email you a boat?

sounds like you didn't stay for the 2nd 1/2 of last nights 9ers / sucking chargers game

:o :o :o:lol: :lol:

Get a plastic kayak and go see what's up. Or an aluminum skiff. Geez. I have three plastic kayaks, one foldable kayak, two aluminum boats, and a RIB, any of which could get a person from shore out to the FH.

NASA just emailed a wrench to the space station. When am I going to be able to email you a boat?

Ffs, we have one correspondent missing in action, you want someone else to suffer Lilmurray' s fate?

Hey, people are trying to get me to go check on Ditty. That might be another "Kevlar gloves recommended" operation for all we know.

It's as if none of us have lives.

Hey, people are trying to get me to go check on Ditty. That might be another "Kevlar gloves recommended" operation for all we know.

It's as if none of us have lives.

It isn't like Ditty has bitten anyone's finger off yet... HTFU and get over there. While reliving the DT wars is fun, nothing compares to fresh meat.

Okay, so your next turn doesn't come up again for another month or so. Where the hell was Mr. October, November and Miss December? And what about the Caroling Festival that goes boat to boat this week? Are they on strike? Or did they boycott FH and old Hot Rod? SeptFuckingtember??? That's three months ago. You think that's a BFD??? WhasAMattaYou??? We need input. We need facts. We need the story. We don't need whining crybabies.

1. Is FH on the bottom at low tide?
  2. Does FH float any longer at high tide?
  3. Is the CDX swelling? Delaminating? Crumbling? Breaking off and floating through the Gate toward Hawaii?
  4. Is the ersatz Harley in view? Functioning as an anker? Sold for bail money?
  5. Is Granny still aboard? Has her broken heart healed since she was abandoned by Guy?
  6. Is HR Jr. still aboard? Will he accept that scolarship offer from Harvard?
  7. Does the wind sing in Hot Rod's rigging? Or is it just whistling through the gap in his teeth?

I may be a bastard, poopie, but at least I'm your bastard. Think on that and be thankful.

Nobody goes carroling in the ghetto.

Well at this point perhaps we should put a little something together for Survivor's of the FH should anyone still be aboard

Like have a Pizza Delivered along with a SAYC BattleFlag and some of Scot's old shirts (and a parking sticker)

And an Apology from All of us for doubting his vision and determination

Perhaps a Globe of the Earth with a Box of Pins to mark all ports visited by the FH

And a Chart of Richardson's Bay

And if there are any mariners with some time on their hands

maybe they could craft a weighted line to measure depth in fathoms

And someone could make the FH a Weather Station (weather rock)

And whatever else other might think of

Idealy all delivered on New Years Eve

Well at this point perhaps we should put a little something together for Survivor's of the FH should anyone still be aboard

Like have a Pizza Delivered along with a SAYC BattleFlag and some of Scot's old shirts (and a parking sticker)

And an Apology from All of us for doubting his vision and determination

Perhaps a Globe of the Earth with a Box of Pins to mark all ports visited by the FH

And a Chart of Richardson's Bay

And if there are any mariners with some time on their hands

maybe they could craft a weighted line to measure depth in fathoms

And someone could make the FH a Weather Station (weather rock)

And whatever else other might think of

Idealy all delivered on New Years Eve

Don't forget to include a lei.

Today - Sunny with gusty winds. High 52 °F (11.1 °C). Winds NNE at 25 to 35 mph (40.2 to 56.3 kph). Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

Tonight - Clear and windy. Low 37 °F (2.8 °C). Winds NNE at 20 to 30 mph (32.2 to 48.3 kph). Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

Is today the day?

It's howling out there right now - but yes, out of the North.

if it pushes him south in time to catch the ebb he may depart for the free spot next to Diamond Head tonight.

I cant see the mother in law being happy with her lot in life, stuck out there in a wooden box prematurely while HR draws his carers/disability allowance and sits there with the battery drill and plywood patches at the ready, chewing his cud. Surely there is more to life than that.

Logging off to experience life...... :)

Maybe I missed it. How is he getting water out of the boat. I know that thing leaks and I don't see any method of generating power to recharge batteries to keep a pump going.

The harlyski duh...... He has it setting on a tread mill that is attached to a generator. vrrom vrrom and bob's your uncle....

Maybe I missed it. How is he getting water out of the boat. I know that thing leaks and I don't see any method of generating power to recharge batteries to keep a pump going.

He has a lil murrey pump.

Solar panels.

They're visible from space! derp.png

Try to keep up, ChuckIt.

flyin_hawaiian_schoonmaker_point.jpg

Sometimes the wind direction affects how a boat lies at anchor more than the current affects it.

Sometimes the current affects how a boat lies at anchor more than the wind direction affects it.

Happy New Year HotRod, you have far surpassed my expectations and I wish you an excellent new year.

cheers,

- Sculpin

can someone please explain why the wind affected water in the enlarged circle appears to show a wind or tide direction inconsistent with the direction that everything in the picture is anchored ?

How do you figure? It looks right to me. FH is just a wee bit off being perpendicular to the crests and troughs of the wind ripples.

On second thoughts I just want to go flubble flubble flubble.

That should correct her centre of gravity...

Or it would if I flubbled in the right place. Which I couldn't guarantee.

This thread has jumped the shark.

Yeah...

About 2 years ago...

Yeah was just kind of reiterating.

Ok, here's a sighting, of sorts....

Tuesday, Dec 30 saw high winds; I stayed in my slip in Alameda, and noted gusts to 35 on my uncalibrated wind gauge. Wednesday (new Year's Eve) was lighter, so I took a tour of the bay; out the estuary, east of TI, almost to Southhampton Shoal, then turned and flushed through Raccoon Strait with the Ebb tide. The wind was N-NE, so I was able to sail right up the channel in Sausalito. I didn't get too close to the FH, but did get a photo:

FHNYE1_zpseca56c06.jpg

Seems to have weathered the latest storm better than the other 2 boats in the pic... one's riding a bit low, and the other is a touch 'down in the stern'.

Didn't stick around, I went to GGAC for the midnight Fireworks.

Tuesday, Dec 30 saw high winds; I stayed in my slip in Alameda, and noted gusts to 35 on my uncalibrated wind gauge. Wednesday (new Year's Eve) was lighter, so I took a tour of the bay; out the estuary, east of TI, almost to Southhampton Shoal, then turned and flushed through Raccoon Strait with the Ebb tide. The wind was N-NE, so I was able to sail right up the channel in Sausalito. I didn't get too close to the FH, but did get a photo:

FHNYE1_zpseca56c06.jpg

Seems to have weathered the latest storm better than the other 2 boats in the pic... one's riding a bit low, and the other is a touch 'down in the stern'.

I've heard about California Lowriders, but I thought they were referring to cars, or women's pants.

Blah, blah, blah. Flyin Hawaiian, whatever. I'm so over that by now. Let's talk about what's much more important:

Apparently that forestay tensioner comes in red as well as yellow.

sexywomenonbeachorgirlscruizingbeachbrea

That's a funny way to lube your furler.

this thread reminds me of all the things that were to happen with Y2K

= FAIL !!!!!!!

FHNYE1_zpseca56c06.jpg

Great work! Nice to get an actual update once in a while.

And James, I think your furler lube device might be above the hot/crazy line, be careful!

I hate to get off topic here, guys, but I just happened to be passing through the Bay Area, and I convinced my ride that we must at all costs go down through Sausalito to catch a glimpse of the Fabled One.

'Twas a hazy and a misty day

As we alighted from our carriage on that storied shore,

Anxiousness burning in our hearts

All hope almost had we given up

To peer through the gloom to find that which we did seek. . .

But then, just then, the fog did lift,

And lo! 'Tis there!

Leviathan awaits

Behold, for I have seen with mine own eyes!

Such Truth, such Justice

Such Angular Grace

Ankered with grim resolve

And fed with the flesh and dreams of harbormasters gone by

I for one shall ne'er be the same

No more to ply the moonlit seas

Not in peace, but in despair

Adrift without a rutter

For from this Highest Peak

All roads lead only down

And just like lil'murray

I fear the like shall not be seen again

16300405452_aea5d9aaca_z.jpg

"ply the moonlit seas"

That's pretty damn funny!

Nice poem and good reporting James.

I really feel that HR let us all down. He was supposed to be in Tahiti a year ago. Now we just have this. Although it's floating that's all it's doing. I'd just like to see it move with outboards!

Nice poem and good reporting James.

I really feel that HR let us all down. He was supposed to be in Tahiti a year ago. Now we just have this. Although it's floating that's all it's doing. I'd just like to see it move with outboards!

I think "ankered with grim resolve" will continue...

post-63290-0-04795800-1421729004_thumb.jpg

This photo was taken Jan 11 -- Hot and Mrs. Rod enjoying the good life on the back porch in Sausalito

They hung an engine at the bottom of the starboard Grand Staircase. I guess there's no rutter there any more.

Looks like a vintage OMC 2 cylinder, which would make it anywhere from 40-60 hp.

I guess it can go slowly in a really wide circle to port.

Still no sign of the Harlisaki?

Anyone else clocked the 'new' stanchions and guardrails?

I think his engine is the same one that has been kicking around for yonks. He had a couple of old Seagulls as well, though the shovel seemed to be a more reliable way of propelling the dink.

The good ship FH might still be lurking in the shallows but at least this thread is finally out of the doldrums, so thanks to our intrepid reporters...

attachicon.gifflyin hawaiian.jpg

This photo was taken Jan 11 -- Hot and Mrs. Rod enjoying the good life on the back porch in Sausalito

Nice, not a bad looking boat from that angle. The rig on the other hand...

Fantastic.

An outboard and a catamaran dingy.

:)

ya know this is probably the happiest outcome that SA could have imagined. So much so that we are bummed it all didn't go very badly (on film). Disaster averted (for now) and that looks like a pretty sweet set up. (don't look inside). Our job is done here! ;)

So you're going to leave Lil Murray slaving away in the basement making rice noodles with whatever water comes in the cracks, just like that? You heartless bastard.

So what angle are you looking at? It looks like a scatamabarge from all angles.

things to be thankful for:

1. There is no internet coverage out there.

2. The chance of infection of the general community is low.

3. The solution for isolating Ebola cases in their very own flammable coffin is right before our eyes.

4. Hotrod is waiting for someone to give him a hand or show him how to put his finger on it.... .

What would the value of

having anyplace to live anywhere around that area for that long be ?

What would the value of

having anyplace to live anywhere around that area for that long be ?

Depends on if you want H20, sewer, heat and electricity....... Yurt living on us forest service land up in the far reaches of alaska comes to mind.. It has been said before, Rod should contact the discovery channel.

So what angle are you looking at? It looks like a scatamabarge from all angles.

Kinda looks like a cruise ship catamaran. Ummm... Maybe HR is on to something!?