U20guy2

65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

Did anyone see the Mythbusters show where they rode a motorcycle across deep water?

I've long suspected that the Harlisaki was not really aboard, but couldn't figure out how it got off.

Now I think lilmurray may have heroically ridden it across the flats to make good his escape. Possibly on a ramp made of soggy drywall.

I have ridden across open water on a motorcycle many times, and have the scars to show that it is NOT recommended if the water is not smooth.

I would not try it on SF bay.

Unless I was attempting an escape from the FH...

I thought it was the opposite: He stopped posting because he got a new job.

...might be a moral to that story.

My impression was that in the days leading up to lil murray's last post either HR'FH or redviking (sp?) were begining to make noises about contacting their lawyer regarding defamatory comments on this site...blah blah blah....cease and desist blah blah..... and it seemed lil'murray took it to heart..

I can't be bothered to go back and scan the past posts for proof.....but that was my impression at the time.

My impression was that in the days leading up to lil murray's last post either HR'FH or redviking (sp?) were begining to make noises about contacting their lawyer regarding defamatory comments on this site...blah blah blah....cease and desist blah blah..... and it seemed lil'murray took it to heart..

I can't be bothered to go back and scan the past posts for proof.....but that was my impression at the time.

Please don't ruin our fun. Thanks.

LilMurray spent a lot of time talking to HR and may have started to have qualms about exposing him and his inadequacies to our ridicule. OR, he may have realized that his detailed posts were making him too easily identifiable and have decided to retire from his position of enthusiastic amateur reporter with all of his digits intact!

Well, truth is always defense against slander... at least in the USA. If HR is doing something idiotic and we call him an idiot, he has no grounds for action. OTOH if he was ripping off college kids and their families, manipulating stock illegally etc etc, and we called him a grifter, then we might have a problem.

FB- Doug

is lil murray realy lil enos ? is hotrod really the bandit ? is the hermaphrodite big enos ? did sally field get preggo ? im very confused. was grandma really sheriff buford ?

That is certifiable lunacy right there. Why aren't the coast guard authorities preventing departures like this ?

Why would you want them to? Part of The main reason we have as many idiots continuing to breed is because society keeps making it more and more possible for these people to live and pass on their stupid genes to the next generation. Allowing natural selection to take its course more often would certainly help in the long run. We need a bit more chlorine in the gene pool.

Yes, and I think California has us on this one. We may have the edge in crazy per capita, but they have a lot more people...

Tom,

Makes me proud to be a Californicator and a San Franciscoian. But I will point out that some pretty incredible idiots have come from other places. I'd like to think we have a monopoly on pure, concentrated dumb sauce, it's what makes living here really rewarding, but Reid The Cheese Man? Pretty nutsoid. Anyone who could put together a video like Void-Ho is someone that should be institutionalize with extreme prejudice. Rimus? Not even sure how this guy is alive. I always thought drifting around the ocean was fairly dangerous, especially to the incompetent, but I guess not. There was also that idiot who bought some wooden POS boat down in Florida and got all bent out of shape when everyone here pointed out he was obviously an idiot with a POS wooden boat. He hit the upper corner the Anger Issues vs. Cheap-scape vs. Dickwad chart. Not DefCon Ried-Level 5, but pretty fun for a few days. I'm sure there are many more I can't remember.

I think our (CA/SF) only real claim to fame is just how far "out there" our locals are. HR and The Tin Man are monumental examples of just how far the lack of skill will take a well motivated, delusional fool (It appears to be about 150 miles offshore for the record). It makes me all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it. Florida needs to step up their game. The raw material is certainly there. Florida has the highest Git-R-Done Retard Ratio of any state, bar none. With all the water access and heavy drug use it seems like you guys should be putting out a Reid a month.

I came close to driving across the state to see that Dirty30 guy. He was in full meltdown when MR CLEAN ruined the fun by calming him down. Oh well.

I must say, if anything like the FH materializes in my area, I'll do a much better job covering it than our San Fran anarchists did. At one point in this thread, I was threatening to drive one of my dinghies all the way to California just so we could get a boat on the scene. We all mourn the apparent loss of lilmurray, but that should not have meant all on-scene reporting stopped. They make Kevlar gloves, you know! ;)

I see that you're quite the man of action, almost doing the things that you criticize others for not doing. There's a good chance that the folks in the Bay Area have better things to spend their time doing than catering to the curiosity of people that are bored with counting geckos and wondering which foot taps to a 2 string banjo!

That is certifiable lunacy right there. Why aren't the coast guard authorities preventing departures like this ?

Why would you want them to? Part of The main reason we have as many idiots continuing to breed is because society keeps making it more and more possible for these people to live and pass on their stupid genes to the next generation. Allowing natural selection to take its course more often would certainly help in the long run. We need a bit more chlorine in the gene pool.

+1. The inevitability is the earths human population growth reaches zero. Better the defective genes are eliminated before we hit that point.

Yes, and I think California has us on this one. We may have the edge in crazy per capita, but they have a lot more people...

Tom,

Makes me proud to be a Californicator and a San Franciscoian. But I will point out that some pretty incredible idiots have come from other places. I'd like to think we have a monopoly on pure, concentrated dumb sauce, it's what makes living here really rewarding, but Reid The Cheese Man? Pretty nutsoid. Anyone who could put together a video like Void-Ho is someone that should be institutionalize with extreme prejudice. Rimus? Not even sure how this guy is alive. I always thought drifting around the ocean was fairly dangerous, especially to the incompetent, but I guess not. There was also that idiot who bought some wooden POS boat down in Florida and got all bent out of shape when everyone here pointed out he was obviously an idiot with a POS wooden boat. He hit the upper corner the Anger Issues vs. Cheap-scape vs. Dickwad chart. Not DefCon Ried-Level 5, but pretty fun for a few days. I'm sure there are many more I can't remember.

I think our (CA/SF) only real claim to fame is just how far "out there" our locals are. HR and The Tin Man are monumental examples of just how far the lack of skill will take a well motivated, delusional fool (It appears to be about 150 miles offshore for the record). It makes me all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it. Florida needs to step up their game. The raw material is certainly there. Florida has the highest Git-R-Done Retard Ratio of any state, bar none. With all the water access and heavy drug use it seems like you guys should be putting out a Reid a month.

I came close to driving across the state to see that Dirty30 guy. He was in full meltdown when MR CLEAN ruined the fun by calming him down. Oh well.

I must say, if anything like the FH materializes in my area, I'll do a much better job covering it than our San Fran anarchists did. At one point in this thread, I was threatening to drive one of my dinghies all the way to California just so we could get a boat on the scene. We all mourn the apparent loss of lilmurray, but that should not have meant all on-scene reporting stopped. They make Kevlar gloves, you know! ;)

I see that you're quite the man of action, almost doing the things that you criticize others for not doing. There's a good chance that the folks in the Bay Area have better things to spend their time doing than catering to the curiosity of people that are bored with counting geckos and wondering which foot taps to a 2 string banjo!

way to label yourself a dickhead GOPClowncar. HTFU! Have you been initiated yet?

Tom,

way to label yourself a dickhead GOPClowncar. HTFU! Have you been initiated yet?

Popcorn anyone?

Lilmurray was last active on SA Feb 1, 2015.

Which thread?

The way I read his profile, lilmurray's account was logged into a couple of weeks or so ago, but hasn't posted on SA at all since around the time of the "launch".

Come on lilmurray, it's safe to come out now.

Allan

Which thread?

The way I read his profile, lilmurray's account was logged into a couple of weeks or so ago, but hasn't posted on SA at all since around the time of the "launch".

Allan

Maybe he doesn't have any fingers left to type with... :o

Which thread?

Allan

ROTFLMAO!!!

Which thread?

Allan

Or maybe is still getting over having to be rescued by the CG...

Which thread?

Allan

Sure about that?

Rumor is HR is roaming the streets with his posse - looking for scalps.

Oh what the fuckin fuck!!!?!?

Hey, people keep asking for tits.

It was only a matter of time.

It's basically what this thread deserves. :)

Which thread?

Allan

Sure about that?

Rumor is HR is roaming the streets with his posse - looking for scalps fingers.

Fixerated

Well it's obviously someone elses fault. Home Depot better lawyer up quick.

Which thread?

Allan

Sure about that?

Rumor is HR is roaming the streets with his posse - looking for scalps.

So HR = MSP

that fits this thread's storyline

Which thread?

Allan

Yes it is but I have a feeling Lilmurray likes playing this game and is probably laughing his ass off at all the jokes and speculation. He probably has another profile as well.

Tom,

That's mighty bold for a one-eyed fat man, newbie. Show us some tits and hush the fuck up.

All the banjos in Florida have three strings, but we'll give you three steps, mister, if we don't see you no more.

Here, see if this helps....

janice_griffith_00299_9.jpg

Tom,

That's mighty bold for a one-eyed fat man, newbie. Show us some tits and hush the fuck up.

All the banjos in Florida have three strings, but we'll give you three steps, mister, if we don't see you no more.

Yes, this definitely helps!

ya did good son !

Who else before this thread would have laughed at this project yet Today ......................

Unless this guy is building a QuadRotorHome intending to Fly to Jamaica

tsunamiball-by-chris-robinson-2.jpg

is that a plywood sub?!?

How could it be a sub? Its made of plywood and, as we all know because Rod told us, plywood floats no matter what!

I think its an airplane. Maybe a spacecraft!

How could it be a sub? Its made of plywood and, as we all know because Rod told us, plywood floats no matter what!

excellent point.

Who else before this thread would have laughed at this project yet Today ......................

Check tsunamiball.com It is sort of a floating fallout shelter for surviving a tsunami. That would be the wood opposite of the FH. Where do these people come from?

Check tsunamiball.com It is sort of a floating fallout shelter for surviving a tsunami. That would be the wood opposite of the FH. Where do these people come from?

A magnum opus of wooden "boat" building. I second checking out his website, this man's a thinker and making a sweet tsunami proof lifepod out of wood and epoxy for some deranged reason. Execution seems flawless, more power to him. Imagine, 5 point harness seats made out of steam bent laminated wood for all aboard.

Wait! Wait! I know this one!

wienermobile.jpg

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/weird/Oscar-Meyer-Wienermobile-Crashes-in-Pennsylvania-292053331.html

oops. i know there's an F'H/HR joke there somewhere...

Looks like he was hungry and ran out of fingers.

wienermobile.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1

(Photo Credit: CNN)

Oh NO! The horror! Not the Weinermobile!

is that a plywood sub?!?

I dunno, look like tits to me.

Ya know that's the perfect direction for this endless thread to continue on

Some nutter who builds Log Cabins deciding to build a Sub "Like a Brick-Shit-House" Out of Wood to go live at the Bottom of the Sea

The Name of the Sub ................ DEEP-SEA-BOB

Dreamers gut ta do what Dreamers gutta do & this one is as likely to Fly as it is to Dive ;)

It's ok. The driver and passengers involved in the crash were MediVac'ed to the nearest hospital...

post-180-0-10852700-1424145226_thumb.jpg

Folks have been asking about FH waste handling. It seems HotRod may have finally pumped out the FH holding tank: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/23/mysterious-gray-gunk-killing-hundreds-birds-in-san-francisco-area/

The gunk covers the birds' feathers, affecting their ability to insulate themselves, and they eventually succumb to hypothermia and freeze to death.

Really?

In San Francisco Bay??

Um, you obviously have never been in SF Bay, Nicht Wahr?

Water temp is high 40s to low 50s all year round.

You can succumb to hypothermia right quick be ye beast or man.

One can die of hypothermia in 75° water. But one cannot "freeze to death". I am being too literal right? This is SA, not CF right? I was just pointing out poor journalism.

Hypothermia, freezing, who the Hell cares? The important thing is that all of SF missed the pump out as a sign of preparations to get underway and now the SF sailors have lost HotRod and FH and we don't know where they've sailed. We need to keep our attention on the important things, folks. We need to organize a left coast SA SAR mission. Well, the Rescue part can wait until we know Grandma is in trouble, but the Search part needs to get on with it. We need input.

back to the birds, is there anyway that FH's hasty departure is related to the mysterious goo?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/california-bird-goo-removed-but-researchers-still-stuck/

back to the birds, is there anyway that FH's hasty departure is related to the mysterious goo?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/california-bird-goo-removed-but-researchers-still-stuck/

Yea, they say

On Friday, state and federal scientists announced they are closing in on the identity of the thick compound.

Then later on it is clear they have no idea what it is/was.

Wow. What a long, strange trip it's been. I have some questions:

1. In just abolut every other USCG rescue scenario, at least ONE local news outlet has come up with an interview of the rescued, if not the rescuers as well... so far I can't find squat. Whuffo?
  2. It seems that speculation as to HR being the CO of this POS when it got underway is exactly that: speculation. Has anyone a HARD confirmation (Butterface doesn't count) on this?
  3. Could that "thing" just alongside the large white object in the USCG winch video possibly be the cargo vessel providing a "lee" for the rescuers?

Granted I could have missed a few informative or cogent postings out of the last 4000 or so I just ran thru, but I'd be surprised.

1. In just abolut every other USCG rescue scenario, at least ONE local news outlet has come up with an interview of the rescued, if not the rescuers as well... so far I can't find squat. Whuffo?
  2. It seems that speculation as to HR being the CO of this POS when it got underway is exactly that: speculation. Has anyone a HARD confirmation (Butterface doesn't count) on this?
  3. Could that "thing" just alongside the large white object in the USCG winch video possibly be the cargo vessel providing a "lee" for the rescuers?

Granted I could have missed a few informative or cogent postings out of the last 4000 or so I just ran thru, but I'd be surprised.

Informative or cogent posts in this thread are definitely the exception. If you read the thread very carefully you might find a couple.

Informative or cogent posts in this thread are definitely the exception. If you read the thread very carefully you might Not find a couple one.

fixed

I think it's time to start a gofundme thingie to buy Tom Ray a bus ticket to SF to get to the bottom of this, since the locals don't seem to be interested in lifting losing a finger to find out.

Informative or cogent posts in this thread are definitely the exception. If you read the thread very carefully you might Not find a couple one.

fixed

Nah, there have been a few, and whenever the USCG answers my FOIA request, we'll have another. By then, unless another hermaphrodite appears, this thread will be mostly forgotten. Oh, most of the tits we have seen posted are pretty nice.

I think it's time to start a gofundme thingie to buy Tom Ray a bus ticket to SF to get to the bottom of this, since the locals don't seem to be interested in lifting losing a finger to find out.

Just use an Oscar Meyer hot dog. With Hot Rod's eyesight, he probably won't notice!

Anybody critical of the HR coverage by SF locals don't consider the shooting threats - like MIA Murray and finger biting aren't enough

Marina del Rey is a damn sight closer than Florida. Besides, Tom needs to go hunt down Ditty...

Marina del Rey is a damn sight closer than Florida. Besides, Tom needs to go hunt down Ditty...

I..um...have to finish epoxying my centerboard, and besides, being from Floriduh, Tom is well versed in dealing with gun wielding crazies. We could get him a bus pass, that way he could track down ditty before he heads to Cali, he could be the roving SA reporter, seem as how Clean is falling down on the job so badly... B)

Clean is busy cleaning up (filtering) his reporting on another multi-hull catastrophe. He is awaiting the blessing of his sponsors. Should be crack reporting I am sure.

Clean is busy cleaning up (filtering) his reporting on another multi-hull catastrophe. He is awaiting the blessing of his sponsors. Should be crack reporting I am sure.

I think he is waiting for the final edit to come back from Gunboat. It's really out of his hands at this point.

HotRod in DAGO today ??

Naked man stops traffic on I-5
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2015 5:47 PM ESTUpdated: Thursday, February 19, 2015 7:14 PM EST
6777704_G.jpg
6777712_G.jpg
6777724_G.jpg
SAN DIEGO (CNS) - A man dodging late-morning traffic in the nude on Interstate 5 in Logan Heights Thursday fought with officers when they tried to detain him, biting one on the leg before being subdued.

A California Highway Patrol officer responding to a report of a naked pedestrian running around on the northbound side of the freeway near Caesar Chavez Parkway found the man in the traffic lanes, yelling at motorists, CHP spokesman Jake Sanchez said.

The officer ordered the pedestrian to get out of the path of oncoming vehicles and lie down on the ground on the shoulder. The man initially complied, then jumped up and ran back onto the roadway, Sanchez said.

The officer and a newly arrived second patrolman chased down and caught the unclothed man, who struggled with them while being taken into custody, Sanchez said.

The man, who was not immediately identified, was arrested and taken to a hospital along with the bitten officer. Both were treated for minor injuries, Sanchez said.

How long until the next Tin Can/Raw Faith/Flyin' Hawaiian comes along, guys? C'mon, it's fucking boring reading about normal and sane people simply using decent boats properly. I want more from my internet.

How long until the next Tin Can/Raw Faith/Flyin' Hawaiian comes along, guys? C'mon, it's fucking boring reading about normal and sane people simply using decent boats properly. I want more from my internet.

yeah, this. We need more crazy people to take up the flag. Go recruit!

I..um...have to finish epoxying my centerboard, and besides, being from Floriduh, Tom is well versed in dealing with gun wielding crazies. We could get him a bus pass, that way he could track down ditty before he heads to Cali, he could be the roving SA reporter, seem as how Clean is falling down on the job so badly... B)

Excuses, excuses...(I've already made mine)

Hey, we're not stopping you. Start building! But remember, you have to learn how to bite fingers off to make it real.

or chewing a leg or a steady diet of ears, and do us all a favour and steer clear of ferro for the next wondercraft please

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=163869

^this one has potential

I dunno. He (now she) does appear to have some sailing experience, and imo did a pretty decent job designing and building the boat given the limited budget. Does appear to have some psychological issues though...following that story and watching a mental meltdown could get ugly.

Local
Pope Francis Compares Transgender People To Nuclear Weapons In New Book
February 20, 2015 1:36 PM
174490462_8.jpg?w=594&h=349&crop=1

VATICAN CITY (CBS SF) — Pope Francis is making waves in the LGBT community again with his most recent comments comparing transgender people to nuclear weapons, saying both do not “recognize the order of creation.”

The National Catholic Reporter says the comments were made in a new book published called Pope Francis: This Economy Kills, which calls on Christians to preserve God’s order of creation.

In an interview with veteran Italian journalists Andrea Tornielli and Giacomo Galeazzi, the pope compares genetic manipulation and nuclear weapons with gender theory, a broad term for how people learn to identify themselves sexually and how it’s transmitted culturally.

RELATED: SF Archbishop Answers Disapproving Letter From Lawmakers After Clarifying Sexual Morality For School Staff

“Let’s think of the nuclear arms, of the possibility to annihilate in a few instants a very high number of human beings,” the pope says. “Let’s think also of genetic manipulation, of the manipulation of life, or of the gender theory, that does not recognize the order of creation.”

“With this attitude, man commits a new sin, that against God the Creator,” he continues. “The true custody of creation does not have anything to do with the ideologies that consider man like an accident, like a problem to eliminate.”

READ MORE: Rep. Mike Honda Tweets He’s The ‘Proud Grandpa Of A Transgender Grandchild’

On Wednesday, the Vatican gave a group of U.S. gay and lesbian Catholics VIP seats at Pope Francis’ weekly general audience.

But in a sign that the welcome wasn’t all it could have been, the New Ways Ministry pilgrims were only identified on the Vatican’s list of attendees as a “group of lay people accompanied by a Sister of Loretto.”

Just use an Oscar Meyer hot dog. With Hot Rod's eyesight, he probably won't notice!

finger_food.jpg

There are uncountable numbers of people/boats doing stuff exactly like this all over the world.

The only difference is the amount they are in the public eye.

There are uncountable numbers of people/boats doing stuff exactly like this all over the world.

The only difference is the amount they are in the public eye.

The majority never make it to launch...just read the Craigslist thread in CA.

tranny

confirmed.

There's a special place in SA hell for you.

Image deleted to save the rest of SA.

:blink: K. Wasted an entire morning catching up on this thread.

Definitely need to get John Waters to direct the musical. Surely somebody in Hollyweird can slip a few kilobucks HR's way for the rights.

Subscribed.....almost forgot where to find this pos thread.

Did you forget anything else? An offering for the zoo, perhaps?

So ever since the sinking, rescue, and absolute minimal coverage... nada, zip, nothing, zilch, tipota.

Where's James Lane now?

Where's Hermie and his/her funky wife the navigator?

Has the love-child been born yet?

Insurance payout?

What's next?

lilmurray down for the count?

So ever since the sinking, rescue, and absolute minimal coverage... nada, zip, nothing, zilch, tipota.

Where's James Lane now?

Where's Hermie and his/her funky wife the navigator?

Has the love-child been born yet?

Insurance payout?

What's next?

lilmurray down for the count?

Hot Rod seems to have taken up fishing skiff building.

I hear the FH & HR were just a ploy to distract the Sailing Minded while the GunBoat was to try going out of the harbor

The timeline went to hell as the GunBoat went pear-shaped ahead of scheduled and the FH lasted longer than planned

HR & Co. are headed to Bermuda to run the Katermarain Spectadder fleets (That HR shall oversee construction of) for