U20guy2

65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

Pumpout from marina

But the boat has not been in the marina recently. Did you remove a 200 gallon tank full of shit and put it in the Bayliner?

What's happening with the steering?

Your bad press forced a early launch caused problems with our land lord forcing potential problems and now forcing us out of are current spot putting us in harms way where not rich we don't have sponsors where not an organization so we don't get donations and if u can't help or don't want to help please leave us alone we have a lot to do HR'FH

learn to live within your means. the entitlement mentality is strong with you. perhaps the salvation army has a marine donation assistance program.

i don't have a giant fucking catamaran because i don't have the cash to maintain a giant fucking catamaran. get it?

Believe it or not, we have a guy in the canal called Crusty, he runs a mobile pump boat and services people up and down the canl and the marinas. LL does have a pump station, but Crusty is a lot more convenient.

Viking, Michael, glad to hear you guys are doing the right thing there.

No we don't have a smooth boat not all seams are perfect but none are bulging stem in process of being fixed boat

What did Evan say was wrong with FHjr?

Three star rated CG broke headfoil broke windlass broke 35lbs danforth

Translation? Sounds like they tried to help and you are blaming them.

Snaggletooth, is that you?

200 gallon tank pumped recently

Post your receipt !!

Oh Wait you just said pumped

Not Pumped-Out by a Service

Just Ummmm Pumped

hans-and-franz.jpg

Over and Out :o

We know krispy and the loch dose have a pumpout as well as mobile

So what is your plan? Are you trying to beach it to do repairs? Or? And are you still planning on sailing across the ocean, or you looking at more of a more "local" plan B?

We broke a lot of parts and we don't have a lot money right now FH is cripled have to weld some pieces, hank the puffs on a have dozen sails because of the striped headfoil destroyed the windlass and need to rengineer the linkage on the ruttors that's the minimum and move from here by Thursday if u guys really want to help need names and contact #s no bullshiting if u guys are for real u will let me know

From HR

Locking for 2 15hp outboards

Sitting in the mud has done no damage

there is a reason this plywood is saturated with resign

yes there is, yes there is

Have u ever actually met anyone who manufactures plywood there is a reason this plywood is saturated with resign

That whole boat is saturated with resign - properly spelled resignation. Resigned to it never going anywhere, resigned to it falling apart, resigned to it never being able to move under its own power, resigned.... resigned.... resigned....

Believe it or not, we have a guy in the canal called Crusty, he runs a mobile pump boat and services people up and down the canl and the marinas. LL does have a pump station, but Crusty is a lot more convenient.

I'm used to honey wagons but this is the first time I ever heard of a honey BOAT. :o

Talked with true photographer I am the dead guy

I you ever get anywhere near the ocean, yes, you will be the dead guy.

I'm used to honey wagons but this is the first time I ever heard of a honey BOAT. :o

quite common: DSCN1004_baygreen_pump-out_boat_fleet_sm

HR, could you clarify what you mean by "help"? Do you mean locals (such as myself) lending a hand to get you out past that big red bridge? Or do you mean off the mud? What's your next step? Can any action at all make this vessel seaworthy for the Bay, much less the Potato Patch? You cannot expect strangers to offer kindness, money, time, and resources without identifying your intentions, can you?

People on the path perked up in anticipation of finally seeing an intervention,

There's a crowd watching FH then?!

Intentions is to repair and try to sail her again what most people don't seem to know about are 23 laminated beams streching from hull to hull we can get a tow requesting eyes open for motors for is to buy and I didn't know it was that big of a deal to expect kindness

We broke a lot of parts and we don't have a lot money right now FH is cripled have to weld some pieces, hank the puffs on a have dozen sails because of the striped headfoil destroyed the windlass and need to rengineer the linkage on the ruttors that's the minimum and move from here by Thursday if u guys really want to help need names and contact #s no bullshiting if u guys are for real u will let me know

From HR

pure banjo............is there a translator handy ........anyone ??

Good answer, and thoughtful. But again, sail to where? Are you guys still thinking GG Bridge and SD?

Some of the pics where taken from a camo inflatable dingy

Baggywrinkle is not camo'd, assuming you are talking about Friday afternoon.

You might check out Blue Pelican Marine at Grand Marina in Alameda for used gear and even outboards, they have a lot of stuff, not open Sunday or Monday. While you are in the neighborhood, check out Urban Ore off Ashby. escomarine.com runs a very interesting ad in Boats & Harbors, they may have some things for a boat your size.

Word of caution, don't go south of the Richmond Bridge, the conditions are much rougher and off the misnamed Paradise Keys you will have constant ferry wakes and more wakes from ships going to/from the Richmond Refinery dock. Back to China Camp, just north of Rat Rock is a deep hole, 7' with the surrounding more like 3 give you a pretty calm area. But anywhere you go in SF Bay is going to have time limits on your stay.

After trails to make sure nothing more breaks yes GG

Have you ever sailed in the SF Bay? Have you ever sailed in the ocean? What do you think it is like out there?

HR , I pesonally cant help you wth getting motors . Please list the parts you need. Is the bayliner fixed enough to tow th FH around? Where are you going to take FH?

Your problem is fundamental design flaws. If you fix and make stronger what broke this time, the next weakest part will break - you will be chasing this forever. You need to get someone on board that can help you work with what you have - but basically redesign the thing.

Yes I have sailed in the bay we are no fools it wont be easy its stupid to think otherwise

I go out for a few hours and this happens!!!!!!! Can we get a confirmation on the camo dinghy taken pics please? Like now! Wow, what to say, what to say???? Seriously HRFH if this much stuff has gone wrong (so close to the launching site) are you really thinking this boat can go anywhere but up a creek to become a live a board? Surely by now the thoughts of the ocean calling are on hold.

The pelican dosnt have any motors but they do have a windlass

So, assuming you are Rod and the Viking, can you give a rundown of what all you need before a notional tripout the gate to Monterey would be? Are water/fuel tanks installed? The steering sounds like something's wrong, what all is installed so far and what is needed? The two outboards are in a one per hull configuration? Water and fuel tanks installed? Emergency gear?

Don't listen to the namby pambys who are pissed off that the Flyin isn't polished up in Bristol fashion or that it'll take a bit of maintenance to keep up or won't be rounding cape horn in a hurricane anytime soon, you launched her and that's a bigger accomplishment than most can say, and people have made it across the pacific in some real turds over the years by accepting some risk that it could go pear shaped and keeping a real close eye on storms before departing.

Go the rod!

Yes I have sailed in the bay we are no fools it wont be easy its stupid to think otherwise

Really? Where in the Bay did you sail and on what kind of boat did you sail?

And yes I was talking about Friday and was the guy in the pink sweater taking pics from the shore

Also if you can describe the load paths on the structure in detail a lot of people would be interested. 23 laminated beams would make a lot more sense for the main structure than the carriage bolts everyone brings up...

I think the first thing needed is a couple good tow points.

You need to install sampson posts or bitts on heavy structure so that you can take a proper tow. I would put one on each hull, preferably tied into more than one framing member. Then rig a two point tow harness, preferably with a heavy snubber to absorb shock.

No sense trying to go into more dangerous waters if you can't get rescued if things go wrong.

HR, I am going to say what has already been said over and over on both the Woodenboat Forum and this one: GET AWAY FROM THAT BOAT BEFORE YOU DIE IN IT. The best kindness anyone can extend either you or anyone else on that vessel is to tell you straight out: that boat is a coffin waiting to happen.

We have tanks no not plumed side effect of forced departure the steering is already being changed need hanks always need blocks the block and tackle windlass proved that

" Can we get a confirmation on the camo dinghy taken pics please?"

well HR just confirmed the dinghy, though he is mistaken about it being camo, I posted the pics for your amusement about 10 pm PST last night. So this sort of adds up to this being FH owner/crew, however...

first we heard a pair of 9.9's then I was told yesterday 20's and now down to 15, there is no consistency in the story for the outboards. However, with your windage, none of the above will be of use to you, there is a reason boats have inboards with more hp per foot/displacement, my 37' uses an 80 hp diesel. You aren't on Lake Shasta.

So what your saying is don't trust a wood boat covered in glass I prefer that over cement

Also if you can describe the load paths on the structure in detail a lot of people would be interested. 23 laminated beams would make a lot more sense for the main structure than the carriage bolts everyone brings up...

"laminated beams" are 2X4's glued together. And they are not oriented in the correct direction. They should be laminated and stacked vertically, not horizontally.

The 3 moves this boat a nine will pull a dock don't want speed want torque

Couldn't you use the motorcycle engine? Hook a propeller to the chain and off you go!

"So what your saying is don't trust a wood boat covered in glass I prefer that over cement".--HR.

Not on topic at all. Not even part of the conversation.

I call complete & total bullshit on HR's identity. I need solid proof.

HR if it's really you, post some CURRENT interior shots, including the crew.

+3

So what your saying is don't trust a wood boat covered in glass I prefer that over cement

So if this really is HR maybe he could tell us tonight that he will hoist something up the rig tomorrow. If that happens, maybe we could spend a bunch less time insulting him and more time learning what the hell he's thinking. Yes, the boats fucked up and will never make it much past the Farralons, but it would be way more interesting to hear HRs story than a bunch of would-be comics that are as skilled at that as HR is at naval architecture.

I think the boats a disaster, but at the same time, I don't think I could plan it, build it, launch it etc, and as much as everyone has thought it would have sunk weeks ago - it hasn't. So don't piss HR (maybe) off enough to make him leave - I want to hear his story.

HR,FH, It doesn't take much power to move big stuff in no wind, but what they're getting at is that if you're in a breeze you need to move enough water backwards to offset the drag of the wind on the structure, and the FH has a lot of structure that that wind will be pushing against. You could try something unconventional like putting a bank of high thrust 9.9s on the back, that would give you some redundancy too. AFAiK most outboards tend to go for the higher speed/lower thrust range as they increase in horsepower. I take it an inboard wouldn't be feasible to retrofit?

The 3 moves this boat a nine will pull a dock don't want speed want torque

Baggywrinkle with its 15 horse engine towed a 35' boat from Alameda to Richmond, it took more than ten hours, with some of the time spent going backwards over the ground because of...can you guess...the tidal currents that were faster than the 2k through the water speed that 15 hp could make with that boat in tow. They only made the destination by playing the tidal currents. Little outboards are good for moving dinghies and making omelettes..

How much HP does FH jr have, and it can't control the mothership. Think, man, think.

Dammit. youtube.com/watch?v=O1zfuBgCUqY

Should be a link to the top gear Vietnam special where they converted their bikes to a local boat outboard variant.

HR, you need more than 2x20hp to move the boat.

Outboards don't make good torque low down in the rev range, and with the props available for outboards, you won't make enough revs for peak torque without the prop spinning and cavitating. They're built for planing boats once you get over about 10hp.

Your best bet is to start looking at a pair of 25hp bigfoots as the absolute minimum, with the smallest pitch props you can get. That MIGHT be enough to give you steerage.

Let me put it this way. My 26' won't make 3 knots against a 10 knot wind with the 8hp outboard from the dingy pushing her, and I can barely steer her.

Maybe you could rig a car engine as a long tail drive from the porch.

thai-long-tail-boat1.jpg

I call complete & total bullshit on HR's identity. I need solid proof.

Agreed. Seriously people? How many pages will be devoted to chatting up a sock puppet? The reality of this project is entertaining, even some of the motorcycle tangents were interesting, but treating HR'FH as if he were the real person is extremely tedious. ZZZ...

It can tow the FH that's how we got where we are at currently it has the it has been refitted it has a v8

A recent pic proves nothing when u know not what it did look like

HR - You should consider affording a bit more respect to the USCG. Not only are they a God send, but more than likely they will save your butt, and, more importantly, your family. Let's hope they don't have to risk their butts to do it.

Does anyone really believe that HRFH is real?

Nope.

Why are u guys wasting your time with an obvious troll? Tell "HRFH" to post a pic of the boat's interior with copy of today's paper on the nav station (that's a joke, we all know he doesn't have one). But yes, a shot of the interior proving it was taken today - or he's a troll.

My boating terms are a little low selfie?

Take a pic of yourself with your "phone" so we can verify that it is actually you, since we all know what you look like.

You won't of course, 'cause this is all bullshit.

My boating terms are a little low selfie?

Take a picture with your phone of you, right now, and post it here (or mail to durundal@gmail.com and I can post it for you) to prove that you're actually on the Flyin' Hawaiian and who you say you are.

So naming the boat that came out and took the pics is not enough

Two claimed depth was two feet at 0 tide I corrected him at .7 its only 8 inches

Just do it or fuck off, douchebag.

No its not. The pic is super easy to do. Too bad you're not real, but heck, this thread will benefit from yet another bizarre twist.

"my boating terms are a little low selfie" What does that mean ?

A self portrait of your face, not your Junk, unless you're running for Mayor of a major US city.

So who's got the phone right now, is this Hotrod or Viking? And could you give us a run down on your complete boating experience.

Viking

So, that a zero on the boating experience.