U20guy2

65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

The next time ii c u assholes floatin near my yacht pd said i can swamp ur ass with my broke down bayliner u fucks .we gona hav so fun boy. If ii can get permission iill share some reg army with ya.

Uh oh

I'm tellin teacher !!

Hey there Hot Rod, if you're out on the water I'm not sure the Army is what you really want to get all bad with. Might wanna try the Navy instead

I believe where the FH is currently sitting is classified as "The Littoral" so yes indeed - send in the Marines.

HR, I don't know if you know who Mr. Perry is, but if he's telling you to HTFU and get to work and make your floating dream function, well, that's advice to heed. Plus, success is always the best revenge. And, if you don't succeed chasing a dream you can at least tell all the naysayers that at least you gave it a shot. (Withholding all personal opinions of FH for the duration of this message...)

You're kidding, right? HR has studied 10,000 yacht designs! 4 star, certified !!

HR's ability to work hard is not in doubt.

His ability to accomplish actual results OTOH... ... ... YMMV, he has certainly got further than I thought he would but he's stuck on a muddy shoal now

FB- Doug

U guys r making me famous. If i believe it.

There's a big difference between famous and notorious - 1 guess which one you are.

If all,most.or some of it were true .i wouldn't go.

OK, Let me make this easy.

1) I can steer the boat.

2) The boat can be motored or sailed.

3) The boat can sail upwind.

4) The boat does not leak and the wood is completely dry.

5) I have experience sailing is open ocean or rough water conditions

6) I have piloted large sailing vessels before

7) I have safety equipment for offshore sailing

8) I will be able to communicate from anywhere in the Pacific.

9) I have navigation equipment and know how to use it.

10) I have a fundamental understanding of marine weather.

Which statements above are true?

The next time ii c u assholes floatin near my yacht pd said i can swamp ur ass with my broke down bayliner u fucks .we gona hav so fun boy. If ii can get permission iill share some reg army with ya.

Your drunk, sleep it off before you say something that gets you into trouble with the law. The hard reality that your just not able to grasp through whatever sodden fantasy your having, is that we're trying to offer you sound advice; little things like, safety equipment so you don't go and get your family killed, and maybe a survey by a professional so you don't do anything stupid like go out past the gate in that manifestly unsafe contraption. OK so we don't all have a degree in hospitality, but at least some of us have enough experience to know a train wreck looks like, and your it.

Do yourself and your family a favor, drag that thing back up out of the water and call it even before you get somebody hurt or killed.

Not that your going to accept it, but more than a few people are just hoping no one gets killed

Pd said come and get it.i gues they don't think to highly of stalkers or trespass or peeping toms ,they said if i catch u they will hall ur asses off.

navagable water is free for all in the US - get used to it

but not all water is a free anchorage - get used to that too

I think u guys would love a death its the kind of morbid shit u mised out on In life. advice well its only good if it helps. U guys r like a bad sowing circle. I here u say what if something hapens.omg..... it's sapos to . If u guys r helpful.i will give u honorable mention on tv .if not it don't matter .i think thats fair wich is way better than u gave.

Hey Rod, I'm on your side bub, got yer 6. Keep on keepin' on and dam the torpedoes. Don't lissen to any of these guys, they're mostly a bunch a meanies who really don't know half what you do. If you ever sail up the coast to Oregon, we have a spot for you to anchor as long as you want. You're enjoying yotting at it's finest right now on your own fine boat, so that's sumthing! Navigation stuff is mainly just for sissies, you have a smart fone, right? You might want to take a radio along, maybe one of those special ones just for boats, in case you get out of cell range out there, that's all the safety stuff you need. I got one that works most of the time, or at least some of the time, you can have it for free. Pieces of the boat will probably float long enough for those dum 3 star coasties to get to you if anything bad happens, so don't worry, be happy!

Yotting. What the fuck?

U guys still don't get it.u have been misinformed.and may wind up arrested.HR

237_quizzical.jpg

Anybody called him a "Grifter" yet?

Okay - here's what I don't get. Hot Rod has built a really crappy boat - few but Hot Rod will argue that, and not very succinctly at that. But why the pissing match to see who is the biggest asshole. Sloop jon B from Vancouver claims to be a sailor yet spends am entire summer weekend on the computer disparaging someone he doesn't know. Silent Bob thinks its useful to add jokes about black people on welfare to the discussion. Boston1 (along with lots of others) spends days boosting his self esteem by putting down anyone who has anything to do with FH. Most of the shit you guys are laughing at - the welfare, living off the gubment, etc is crap you have forgotten that you made up and now accept as fact.

Yeah, his boat is going to break up, but I'll say this for him - I don't think he's the kind of guy that would spend hour after hour sitting at a computer making fun of others efforts, however misguided. Fucked up as it may be - he's got a life. Not so sure about some of you.

For Fucks sake HR, NO ONE HERE WANTS A TRAGEDY.

You've had loads offers of sensible advice, for a long time now. Good advice only helps if it is listened to.

Good night!!!

237_quizzical.jpg

Okay - here's what I don't get. Hot Rod has built a really crappy boat - few but Hot Rod will argue that, and not very succinctly at that. But why the pissing match to see who is the biggest asshole. Sloop jon B from Vancouver claims to be a sailor yet spends am entire summer weekend on the computer disparaging someone he doesn't know. Silent Bob thinks its useful to add jokes about black people on welfare to the discussion. Boston1 (along with lots of others) spends days boosting his self esteem by putting down anyone who has anything to do with FH. Most of the shit you guys are laughing at - the welfare, living off the gubment, etc is crap you have forgotten that you made up and now accept as fact.

Yeah, his boat is going to break up, but I'll say this for him - I don't think he's the kind of guy that would spend hour after hour sitting at a computer making fun of others efforts, however misguided. Fucked up as it may be - he's got a life. Not so sure about some of you.

Do you know why black men smell bad?

So blind people can hate them too!

STFU!

"Fucked up as it may be - he's got a life. Not so sure about some of you."

Hey, I'm just waiting for the bottom paint to dry so I can go out another coat on in a couple hours. Only took 45 minutes to roll out, don't even want to try and add up the goddamned fairing/sanding prep time for that... Awlgrip next weekend maybe.

HR'FH, if you're only a few days from heading out here's an article about the San Fracisco bar that might be of interest: http://coastsidefishingclub.com/grey-beard-articles/the-san-francisco-bar/

237_quizzical.jpg

STFU!

I rest my case.

If all,most.or some of it were true .i wouldn't go.

OK, Let me make this easy.

1) I can steer the boat.

2) The boat can be motored or sailed.

3) The boat can sail upwind.

4) The boat does not leak and the wood is completely dry.

5) I have experience sailing is open ocean or rough water conditions

6) I have piloted large sailing vessels before

7) I have safety equipment for offshore sailing

8) I will be able to communicate from anywhere in the Pacific.

9) I have navigation equipment and know how to use it.

10) I have a fundamental understanding of marine weather.

Which statements above are true?

I'll take your silence as "None of the above."

Yep, agreed. There really is no need to act like a total asshole.

It's all getting a bit like this

Stephon-forgets-he-is-not-on-the-interne

READ THE ABOVE CAREFULLY SA's

NOW HE'S MAKING THREATS AND HAS TALKED ABOUT SHOOTING

WORK ON THE PREMISE THAT THIS GUY IS ARMED AND PROBABLY IN A DEFENSIVE POSITION.

And yeah, I know when I am shouting.

yeah, I noticed that, and as the only person to visit and take pictures, and have a brief, but verifiable conversation with them, I am taking this rather personally. I may contact the police myself, this is ridiculous. HR/Viking there better be a retraction or there will be problems, but not from me.

237_quizzical.jpg

If you knew anything about my personal circumstances you might understand instead of assuming I am stuck in my mothers basement on the net. I also notice that you are here so?????

237_quizzical.jpg

If you knew anything about my personal circumstances you might understand instead of assuming I am stuck in my mothers basement on the net. I also notice that you are here so?????

I know nothing of your personal circumstances, only your unnecessary personal attacks. And FWIW while you were hammering on Hot Rod and family in Mom's basement all weekend, I was sailing with my kid. But I do like to read about this train wreck in the evening if my personal circumstances permit.

HR, I don't know if you know who Mr. Perry is, but if he's telling you to HTFU and get to work and make your floating dream function, well, that's advice to heed. Plus, success is always the best revenge. And, if you don't succeed chasing a dream you can at least tell all the naysayers that at least you gave it a shot. (Withholding all personal opinions of FH for the duration of this message...)

Damn straight. It's like having Bill Wyman tell you tune your fucking bass and get out on stage. Every person on here can call you a fucknut, but you've got BOB FREAKING PERRY pulling for you, so do what you have to do and either make it work or get wet trying.

Sometime they should just get in the box.no life........ no one would even notice..... or get off ur ass and do something ....if its good for someone else and unlawful even better

Pd said come and get it.i gues they don't think to highly of stalkers or trespass or peeping toms ,they said if i catch u they will hall ur asses off.

Nothing personal.

Um, you do realize that you're on the bay, stuck in the mud? Exactly where does the trespassing come into play? And how were you fixen to "catch" someone? Your giant barge is stuck, and your bayliner is broken. Maybe the tender and the shovel? Dude, seriously, think it through...

READ THE ABOVE CAREFULLY SA's

NOW HE'S MAKING THREATS AND HAS TALKED ABOUT SHOOTING

WORK ON THE PREMISE THAT THIS GUY IS ARMED AND PROBABLY IN A DEFENSIVE POSITION.

And yeah, I know when I am shouting.

yeah, I noticed that, and as the only person to visit and take pictures, and have a brief, but verifiable conversation with them, I am taking this rather personally. I may contact the police myself, this is ridiculous. HR/Viking there better be a retraction or there will be problems, but not from me.

Let's not go off the edge here. He's just not used to spit and bile of this place and it can make a person upset.

Nobody is going to hurt anyone, especially not the FH crew, they have their hands full now. He's here, he's talking with us, the experts on this place are going to help him until those hulls cave in.

FH crew, here's a little something to pick up your spirits ...

1068000587_49d98a9f7d_o.jpg

See, this site can be quite soothing!

I'm with meruitt. Common sense tells me that the local PD never authorized HR to use violence to solve his perceived problems. His yacht is oh so clearly an attractive nuisance inviting people to go look at it. At this he has succeeded. Time will tell if he has done more.

Oh, and given that fixing the many boat issues takes time, are you truly sure HR has the time to post so often?

237_quizzical.jpg

STFU!

I rest my case.

Jury agrees with the prosecution; the accused are guilty on all charges. Especially the idiotic racist bullshit. What a total dick, silent bob, Is that what passes for humor in New Jersey? You really think that's funny? Ignore for you, dip shit.

Read my post before u reply. Someone who owns a sawmill ,is different than someone that sells wood.

So I was just out with some friends and my brother, who is an experienced home builder, and I was showing them this thread just for the fun of it. As it turns out, you didn't say sawmill. If your phone is still charged, feel free to go check. But whatever.

From the earlier pics, my brother and friends thought you did a good job with all that bracing. They especially liked how shiny the inside of whichever hull it was is. Will asked why you didn't build it from cement.

Bill had more insightful comments and explained about the plywood you used, and the bracing, but expressed a concern about twisting between the hulls when you get underway. He also expressed a concern about the lamination of the plywood after the epoxy coating cracks. What's particularly interesting is that Bill has never been on a sailboat other than mine, and then only once, and has not been on a power boat in decades, and really has no interest in boating.

Hotrod, It seems that you windlass was not strong enough for the loads, Maybe you could post some picks and we could help you to design a stronger tow point.

What materials to you have at hand? Tools etc?

post-19456-0-77932800-1376284932_thumb.jpg

I know this site exploits others for the purpose of entertainment.its too bad u don't have the hole picture.

and here's.........................the hole picture

Tow point is fine no damage at all. .windless striped the sprags out of the cluch gears ,its done.we sent it out to one of the machinists for eval he said burnt toast.no more manual only electric old electric.i dont trust old.

237_quizzical.jpg

I know nothing of your personal circumstances, only your unnecessary personal attacks. And FWIW while you were hammering on Hot Rod and family in Mom's basement all weekend, I was sailing with my kid. But I do like to read about this train wreck in the evening if my personal circumstances permit.

Well, as the rules require then - fuck off and show us some tits.

Damn straight. It's like having Bill Wyman tell you tune your fucking bass and get out on stage. Every person on here can call you a fucknut, but you've got BOB FREAKING PERRY pulling for you, so do what you have to do and either make it work or get wet trying.

BOB FREAKING PERRY pulling for you,

is Not a positive

Least you have Something to lash to

ahan yauh don't

Mr.Perry bardara (debi) says hello. HR

Frequent lack of capitals, weird punctuation, no experience, yet extreme arrogance, shunning of actual experts, claims to be a pilot, and debi says hello to Bob Perry? Remind you of anybody? All that is missing is physics...

Selling this story (SD and then Hawaii, or even off the mudflats to somewhere) along with the request for money and donations is nothing short of fraud.

Selling this story (SD and then Hawaii, or even off the mudflats to somewhere) along with the request for money and donations is nothing short of fraud.

Whoops, had meant to leave comment...

Coquina; caveat emptor, baby. All these guys are selling is their dream. No fraud at all because they aren't promising a thing in return! If you like their style, go ahead and give. If not, hold onto your wallet. HR&co have let loose the mooring lines and are living aboard. Can't think how they haven't fulfilled their part of the bargain.

"This is the boat that is going to get us to Hawaii. All we need is..." Perhaps you have a different definition of fraud than I do Philly. And I appreciate your live and let live attitude.

You know. Throughout this whole "tome" of a thread, there is a basic "something" that seems to have been missed by most of our resident experts. That "something" is the fact that this site is called "Sailing ANARCHY" and in that vein our Flying Hot Rod is more of an ANARCHIST than 90% of the rest of our gallant bunch of bullshitters. Yes, he maybe doing it wrong from our point of view but, at least he's bloody well doing it and not sitting in front of a screen thowing shit in the air between bouts of wanking at the latest peice of plastic boat porn that they'll never be able to afford. I'm not condoning HR's design / build model by any means (I actually think that it is quite hideous), but, what I do condone is the fact that he got off of his ass and had a go at making his dream come true (And I trully hope he will do so). Most of the motor mouthed bastards on here are too scared to have a bath without having the comfort zone of an EPIRB and a GPS leaning against the hot tap. WcW

Frequent lack of capitals, weird punctuation, no experience, yet extreme arrogance, shunning of actual experts, claims to be a pilot, and debi says hello to Bob Perry? Remind you of anybody? All that is missing is physics...

There is a distinct lack of unnecessary-hyphenation.

post-19456-0-38475400-1376298729_thumb.jpg

You know. Throughout this whole "tome" of a thread, there is a basic "something" that seems to have been missed by most of our resident experts. That "something" is the fact that this site is called "Sailing ANARCHY" and in that vein our Flying Hot Rod is more of an ANARCHIST than 90% of the rest of our gallant bunch of bullshitters. Yes, he maybe doing it wrong from our point of view but, at least he's bloody well doing it and not sitting in front of a screen thowing shit in the air between bouts of wanking at the latest peice of plastic boat porn that they'll never be able to afford. I'm not condoning HR's design / build model by any means (I actually think that it is quite hideous), but, what I do condone is the fact that he got off of his ass and had a go at making his dream come true (And I trully hope he will do so). Most of the motor mouthed bastards on here are too scared to have a bath without having the comfort zone of an EPIRB and a GPS leaning against the hot tap. WcW

and that's scarily so close to the truth ............once again if you happen to stumble up the waitemata harbour I'll certainly have a rum awaitin ya...in the meantime though ........as you're stuck in the mud etc ......best you keep onside of this guy ......

I know this site exploits others for the purpose of entertainment.its too bad u don't have the hole picture.

I asked for one twice after it was reported that a windlass went flying. Still haven't seen it.

Tow point is fine no damage at all. .windless striped the sprags out of the cluch gears ,its done.we sent it out to one of the machinists for eval he said burnt toast.no more manual only electric old electric.i dont trust old.

Oh. Well, sometimes people think they see a flying windlass and actually saw something else. I guess we'll find out when the FOIA report is posted.

Meanwhile, isn't there another hole in your boat? The one from the Bayliner? I'd like to see that one too.

From what i see of media in the modern world it doesn't matter if you are reviled or loved, both can be lucrative.

This thread has had 300,000 views and creates controversy, surely that is talking matter for TV execs.

HR you could use a PR person, get 50k investment, beef it up, glass the hulls and go for it !

Some funny 1-liners, add a couple of 20 something y.o. crew members and you got Beverley Hillbilly's on the water !

Most of the motor mouthed bastards on here are too scared to have a bath without having the comfort zone of an EPIRB and a GPS leaning against the hot tap. WcW

Without a doubt, HR and FH will need neither an EPIRB nor a GPS. That little mud pile is only so big, so its easy to locate.

Don't forget he is typing on a tiny smart phone; hard to spell and punctuate correctly in the best of circumstances......

Mike is right. I never figured out why but that's how it works.

Best of luck with your adventure Hotrod.. A lot of us are pulling for you.

But you need to learn the SA way. It's not always pretty and polite but it can be valuable.

Now HTFU and get to work.

This from a man that can't nail two bits of wood together,

Has such an ego that he wants control over who posts in CA

A man that had one good design, but is now being used by owners wanting the 'last' design.

The only thing Bob pulls for is himself, and is certainly somebody that doesn't understand HTFU.

From the beginning of the thread a couple of years ago:

did it say anywhere that he intends to sail it ??

Yes: "Come late October, Lane plans to move aboard the Flying Hawaiian with his mother, Johnson, several other people and one pet Chihuahua and travel to Mexico, Hawaii, the Samoan islands and New Zealand."

So how's the dog?

Don't forget he is typing on a tiny smart phone; hard to spell and punctuate correctly in the best of circumstances......

That wouldn't stop the tillerman. HR is no tillerman.

But you need to learn the SA way. It's not always pretty and polite but it can be valuable.

A man that had one good design, but is now being used by owners wanting the 'last' design.

The only thing Bob pulls for is himself, and is certainly somebody that doesn't understand HTFU.

WTF?

This site is like preschool revisited.

no its werss than that

preskoolers are only krule by acksident

theez gize are krool like a bored pussikat with a crippeld mowse

Snaggs wannabe?

There is another basic something that is also missing, and that is "Sailing."

Anarchy, we seem to have in spades. But, this hasn't evolved to the level of CA yet, just AA. No, not that one, but "Anchoring Anarchy." Just hope we don't have main shipping channel anarchy, or CGA. And recently, we looked like we were going strong with "Sons of Anarchy", what with the Harleysaki and guns.

I'd love to see some Sailing Anarchy. Really! Just hope HR and family don't then have a bath WITHOUT an EPIRB.

This site is like preschool revisited.

no its werss than that

preskoolers are only krule by acksident

theez gize are krool like a bored pussikat with a crippeld mowse

Snaggs wannabe?

Or just plain annoying? please don't quote him. Thanks

Yeah, this.

I like it here mostly... But seriously? It's one thing to attack the cruising RedViking, but Bob freaking Perry? You fucknuts are just a bunch of internet trolls who have no fucking clew. Pun intended... HR may not be the brightest bulb, but I give him a lot of credit for doing what you fucks won't, DO SOMETHING! Yes, I am a cruiser, yes, I have been places, crossed oceans, and despite my CV, so many of you fucks will criticize me 'cuz I know how to spell and I actually own a bluewater boat. Oh yeah, Bob thinks the C&C39 is the most beautiful boat ever built... Must be why I like him... Not! Any of you fucknuts ever design a boat? Sail one beyond the buoys? "Love to sit around the yacht club bar talking about what we are gonna do. Love to sit around the yacht club bar because it doesn't move." HR is the man! You all are pussies.

Yeah, this.

Plus a zillion...

Red:

Thanks for the kind words. Shute man is "Dale dug a hole" he's been flicked at least once. He has nothing, zero to contribute about sailiing and I doubt that he even sails but he gets a kick out of attacking me. I think he's a little guy who works in a gas station in Australia. Always seems angry at something. He bragged once that he enjoys overcharging Americans.

Anarchy, we seem to have in spades. But, this hasn't evolved to the level of CA yet, just AA. No, not that one, but "Anchoring Anarchy." Just hope we don't have main shipping channel anarchy, or CGA. And recently, we looked like we were going strong with "Sons of Anarchy", what with the Harleysaki and guns.

I'd love to see some Sailing Anarchy. Really! Just hope HR and family don't then have a bath WITHOUT an EPIRB.

So do I mate. So do I, but it would be nice to see him pull it off if only to get some of the knobheads on here to shut the fuck up for once. Most of the twats on here would be quite willing to watch a blind man get run over by a truck just to be able to tell him how stupid he was for being blind in the first place.

Why shit on Perry? Forget about his "one good design", he designed my favorite Cheoy Lee. Now that Crealock is dead, Perry is one of the last living icons, and for some reason he posts here on SA.

No idea who you are, but you're not Bob Freaking Perry.

Just ignore that guy and get this back on topic please. Like most idiots he craves the attention and this is the only way he knows how to get it.

I'm going fishing.

Grand news all! Guy was contacted by Mr. Hot and Mr. Hot Jr. last night. We agreed to rendezvous aboard the Flyin Hawaiian this evening to discuss Guy heading up the newly formed Flyin Hawaiian Charter LLC. If Guy accepts, Guy will be doing all Marketing and Public Relations from this point forward. Merveilleux!

Also, Guy was told that Mr. Hot's sister is very excited to meet Guy! Oh and the adventure begins again!

So do I mate. So do I, but it would be nice to see him pull it off if only to get some of the knobheads on here to shut the fuck up for once. Most of the twats on here would be quite willing to watch a blind man get run over by a truck just to be able to tell him how stupid he was for being blind in the first place.

Poor analogy.

This is a blind man that people have tried to convince not to cross the street.

HR,

I just discovered your story this week over at the CF forum. The amount of effort you and yours have put into your boat is commendable and I whis you success going forward.

I have a question about visibility. From the looks of the port and starboard wheels you can not see 360deg around the boat from their location. Do you plan to run the boat with a multi person watch and sound powered phones(you can get these surplus from the Navy). Any thought to adding a cupola with steering gear atop the house for better visiblilty?

All things considered I worry about you loosing sight of Bouys and channel markers and holing the boat.

Fair winds and following seas,

Gary

... ...

Poor analogy.

This is a blind man that people have tried to convince not to cross the street.

THis is more like a blind man who blinded himself playing with matches, THEN tried to cross the street.

All you silly wankers who think every criticism of HotRod comes from silly wankers who have never done anything: basically you're telling us that you don't do much yourselves, don't know many people who do much, and think everybody else is the same. And most of you spend more time on this BS thread yourselves

:(

FB- Doug

Grand news all! Guy was contacted by Mr. Hot and Mr. Hot Jr. last night. We agreed to rendezvous aboard the Flyin Hawaiian this evening to discuss Guy heading up the newly formed Flyin Hawaiian Charter LLC. If Guy accepts, Guy will be doing all Marketing and Public Relations from this point forward. Merveilleux!

Also, Guy was told that Mr. Hot's sister is very excited to meet Guy! Oh and the adventure begins again!

That sounds marveilleux indeed.

Huzzah!

Perhaps it may be possible to float this venture issuing shares to worthy investors? Just a suggestion, remember the only thing better than being entertained by the misadventures of others is to make a profit from them.

FB- Doug

How are you going to explain that to Mrs Frank? :unsure:

This blindly arrogant little twit has been told 287 times that the truck is fucking coming but he systematically refuses to believe it.

That is the source of most of the anger and ridicule in this thread.

If you don't get that, then you're not any smarter than HR is.

I've learned a lot from this forum (yes I knew that little) and many others, and most of the most important things I've learned are WHAT NOT TO DO.

We'll see how it turns out.

I think u guys would love a death its the kind of morbid shit u mised out on In life. advice well its only good if it helps. U guys r like a bad sowing circle. I here u say what if something hapens.omg..... it's sapos to . If u guys r helpful.i will give u honorable mention on tv .if not it don't matter .i think thats fair wich is way better than u gave.

Anyone else catch this?? You think he is going down the Sunderland rabit hole thinking if he makes it he will get Fame and glory, if something happens and he gets rescued the book deal/realityTV deal and the lawsuit will soon follow??

Guy and Mrs. Frank have always had an open relationship. Regardless, Mrs Frank has been focused elsewhere now that Mr. Frank has resurfaced in a shack behind a house in Coronado CA. Seems he is embracing his inbred Southern roots. Guns and Jesus le Blanc.

Oui, Mr. Steam, Guy has made a career of profiting with other peoples' dreams!

Red V Jay Jay and friends: why don't you help tow FH out the Golden Gate? After that you can drop blind people off in the middle of busy freeways.

Guy and Mrs. Frank have always had an open relationship. Regardless, Mrs Frank has been focused elsewhere now that Mr. Frank has resurfaced in a shack behind a house in Coronado CA. Seems he is embracing his inbred Southern roots. Guns and Jesus le Blanc.

Don't do it Mr. Guy, it's a trap!!! Pick a neutral site if you must, maybe a Walmart or a tire store. There's a reason we haven't seen any pics from inside the hulls since launch, think "food supply"... :o

HR - if you're still reading, pay attention to what I'm going to tell you:

Most of the people here understand that you've built something that's a dream for you, and are glad that you're happy with what you've done. These same people also are experienced enough to recognize that what you've built is woefully unsuited for the task for which you built it. The basic materials you used are of insufficient strength, the joinery techniques may be fine for a garage, but, boats must be built to endure stresses much stronger than any structure built upon a foundation will ever see. The rudders/sails you've built are both too weak and without enough control authority to permit you to move and steer your boat.

I'm posting this hoping that you at least make sure you've got SOME kind of liferaft, and that you practice getting everyone into it at least once before you try to move that thing more than a 1/4 mile from shore. Nobody here wants to see you get hurt, or to hurt anyone else because you were too obstinate to recognize that other folks might've known what they were talking about. You haven't hurt anyone yet - please don't.

before they said they wanted to charter the boat to do tours to make some money... Wouldn't that require permits? Permits would require submission to a marine classifications society that would the FH would never pass. Same goes for insurance.

Ah, Mr. iSail, that will be my new area of expertise. Guy's research shows that in the Country of Hawaii, permits and licenses can be had for meager amounts of beads and bobbles. C'est une nation d'idiots, yes?

HR,

This is really your only option - other than remaining stuck in the mud off the San Rafael Canal:

Since your boat cannot survive on the bay (or any other body of water with even modest wave action) your only choice is the Sacramento Delta. To get there you will need three things: a way to tow the boat, some way to connect to the towboat, and a reservation at a marina. You'll have to work on the towboat but the only way I see to tow the Flyin' Hawai'ian without serious structural work (i.e., there is no strong point to support bitts or Samson posts) is to rig a bridle. This means take some lines (i.e., ropes, use your biggest) and go along each side deck, under the deck and connect the ends at the bow; tie the two bridles together at the bow with another line with a shackle (or loop) in the middle to which you attach the actual tow line. The third thing, a reservation at a marina. I'd suggest Tinsley Island. It's way up in the delta away from prying eyes and it has good facilities.

Good luck.

Two claimed depth was two feet at 0 tide I corrected him at .7 its only 8 inches

that was the conversation I had with him. I verify we are chatting with the real HR or Viking

Wow. Shit just got real boys... This is F'n AWESOME!!!!! HR'FH welcome to SA, pleasure and a privilege to have you.

We talk a buncha shit, there's a few real dickheads, and a few good guys willing to help (wish I was closer), but just roll with it man. Be safe out there brother, good luck with the FH.

Go the Rod!

Don't do it Mr. Guy, it's a trap!!! Pick a neutral site if you must, maybe a Walmart or a tire store. There's a reason we haven't seen any pics from inside the hulls since launch, think "food supply"... :o

Deliverance meets Soylent Green? Now that would make a movie!

HR,

This is really your only option - other than remaining stuck in the mud off the San Rafael Canal:

Since your boat cannot survive on the bay (or any other body of water with even modest wave action) your only choice is the Sacramento Delta. To get there you will need three things: a way to tow the boat, some way to connect to the towboat, and a reservation at a marina. You'll have to work on the towboat but the only way I see to tow the Flyin' Hawai'ian without serious structural work (i.e., there is no strong point to support bitts or Samson posts) is to rig a bridle. This means take some lines (i.e., ropes, use your biggest) and go along each side deck, under the deck and connect the ends at the bow; tie the two bridles together at the bow with another line with a shackle (or loop) in the middle to which you attach the actual tow line. The third thing, a reservation at a marina. I'd suggest Tinsley Island. It's way up in the delta away from prying eyes and it has good facilities.

Good luck.

Yeah, but WHERE do you ATTACH the bridle? There are no points that won't tear out when loaded. The Front Fell Off?

Ah, Mr. iSail, that will be my new area of expertise. Guy's research shows that in the Country of Hawaii, permits and licenses can be had for meager amounts of beads and bobbles. C'est une nation d'idiots, yes?

I seriously doubt that his structure will pass any legitimate classification society

HR is learning the truth of the famous David Crosby observation that you can't bullshit the sea.

Reading HR's posts brings to mind HP Lovecraft's The Mountains of Madness.