U20guy2

65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

It would be, as they say, a trifle, for someone of Guy's ability.

Best of luck...

"vessels are required to produce a satisfactory inspection report issued by a marine surveyor on the Department of Transportation's list of approved marine surveyors. Inspection is validated through DLNR/DOBOR. Vessels certified by the U.S. Coast Guard to carry more than six passengers for hire are subject to additional inspection requirements by the U.S. Coast Guard."

From hawaii.gov

To better understand Mr. Guy's significance to the sailing community you may wish to research the mighty vessel Murrelet and the elusive 4th mode. Here is a link to the demented writings of HWSNBN. http://www.eskimo.com/~mighetto/p09.htm#Sick%20Marketing a famous SA thread centered on this vessel can be found via the search function.

the history of this vessel and the legendary souls involved in the story go back to a time when this was a site for racing sailors and not a hangout for socially inept cruising dorks. so sad to see how the place has changed. The saga of Murrelet is just a small part of the history of this once great website. now it is just another generic corner of the web. such is life.

From denial to anger, almost half way to acceptance.

So now SA is a 12 step program?

Kubler-Ross

SA isn't 12step, that's for quitters... :P

@iSail...You're new here, no? :rolleyes:

New? no. Naive that a boat like this cant be certified? admittedly

From denial to anger, almost half way to acceptance.

So now SA is a 12 step program?

Kubler-Ross

SA isn't 12step, that's for quitters... :P

@iSail...You're new here, no? :rolleyes:

New? no. Naive that a boat like this cant be certified? admittedly

I have this bridge for sale...

HR,

I just discovered your story this week over at the CF forum. The amount of effort you and yours have put into your boat is commendable and I whis you success going forward.

I have a question about visibility. From the looks of the port and starboard wheels you can not see 360deg around the boat from their location. Do you plan to run the boat with a multi person watch and sound powered phones(you can get these surplus from the Navy). Any thought to adding a cupola with steering gear atop the house for better visiblilty?

All things considered I worry about you loosing sight of Bouys and channel markers and holing the boat.

Fair winds and following seas,

Gary

Seriously? Visibility is what you worry about on that thing?
Imagine getting run over by that thing. I'd bet that from the opposite side helm you couldn't even hear the yell of "STARBOARD!!"
I can imagine it already. You hear all sorts of bad noises, a mild thud, and go WTF. You run to the low side, and then try to figure out what scratched your hull or where the big pile of plywood debris came from.

anyone want to compare PM's received last night from the FH sock puppet

1 paragraph that I received 2 X

spoke to someone else who received same message too ;)

it ain't Rod

I don't understand how this constitutes proof of a sock puppet. How do you explain the selfie clearly taken Saturday night from inside the boat?

must have been in one of the 200 posts while I was sneezing so I guess I missed it :o

since there was no retraction made, I have just reported the threat made by HR. I was asked to send the actual post and SA's url to this thread, which I have done. If I hear anything further I shall let you all know. The San Rafael police boat may be giving him a visit soon.

meuritt

It would be, as they say, a trifle, for someone of Guy's ability.

Best of luck...

"vessels are required to produce a satisfactory inspection report issued by a marine surveyor on the Department of Transportation's list of approved marine surveyors. Inspection is validated through DLNR/DOBOR. Vessels certified by the U.S. Coast Guard to carry more than six passengers for hire are subject to additional inspection requirements by the U.S. Coast Guard."

From hawaii.gov

To better understand Mr. Guy's significance to the sailing community you may wish to research the mighty vessel Murrelet and the elusive 4th mode. Here is a link to the demented writings of HWSNBN. http://www.eskimo.com/~mighetto/p09.htm#Sick%20Marketing a famous SA thread centered on this vessel can be found via the search function.

the history of this vessel and the legendary souls involved in the story go back to a time when this was a site for racing sailors and not a hangout for socially inept cruising dorks. so sad to see how the place has changed. The saga of Murrelet is just a small part of the history of this once great website. now it is just another generic corner of the web. such is life.

To say nothing of Weid & the cheese barge, the A Scow threads and other shitstorms....

What do expect of nOOb's that have no clue or understanding of the history of this heaping cesspool of interweb trivia and obscure nautical references - They have no idea of Lesbian Robot, Shife or others that bailed out or were kicked out when this thing jumped the shark a few years ago. The fact that Mr. Guy is back and passing on his fountain of wit, wisdom and experience is lost on the masses.

If you are reading this train wreck of a thread and have been here less than 3 years, it may benefit you to look up some of the postings of the above referenced characters and get back to us after you get a clue.

We'll wait for ya....

Best of luck...

From hawaii.gov

Rules and regulations are for the follower type persons. Is the Flyin Hawaiian not registered in the Country of Lanai? This was done without your .gov website. Guy believes you should not believe everything you read on the interwebs, no?

since there was no retraction made, I have just reported the threat made by HR. I was asked to send the actual post and SA's url to this thread, which I have done. If I hear anything further I shall let you all know. The San Rafael police boat may be giving him a visit soon.

meuritt

WTF? Your kidding I hope!!

HR,

This is really your only option - other than remaining stuck in the mud off the San Rafael Canal:

Since your boat cannot survive on the bay (or any other body of water with even modest wave action) your only choice is the Sacramento Delta. To get there you will need three things: a way to tow the boat, some way to connect to the towboat, and a reservation at a marina. You'll have to work on the towboat but the only way I see to tow the Flyin' Hawai'ian without serious structural work (i.e., there is no strong point to support bitts or Samson posts) is to rig a bridle. This means take some lines (i.e., ropes, use your biggest) and go along each side deck, under the deck and connect the ends at the bow; tie the two bridles together at the bow with another line with a shackle (or loop) in the middle to which you attach the actual tow line. The third thing, a reservation at a marina. I'd suggest Tinsley Island. It's way up in the delta away from prying eyes and it has good facilities.

Good luck.

Good suggestion. FH would make a pretty decent houseboat . . . . maybe a little better ventilation. It must be soooo hot inside those hulls.

M le Douche could still play a big part in helping HR pay the bills by selling tickets for guided tours of the FH (SA member discounts of course), motorbike rides for the kids, grammys secret grits recipe, t shirts, meet a real live viking etc etc.

meuritt

Yep - He has a grand total of 29 posts and no idea of the history of this place - That said, it will get interesting from this point forward....

FFS!!!

now why would I kid about reporting a crazy guy making threats to people onshore and off, who may be armed. He's identified me and Spoffo, he is anchored next to a public access walkway along the bay, Shore Line Park, that many people use every day. You want some innocent hurt because they want to take pictures of FH?

meuritt

this is why we can't have nice things. some dork forgets its the interweb and takes it too far. notifyiong the police was stupid.

meuritt

Oh please. HR'FH already stated that he was told by his local pd that if he could catch you, they'd arrest you. I highly doubt they actually believe he can catch you, just as I highly doubt they're taking your hand-wringing, perl-clutching, salt-smelling self-induced faux fear report seriously. Otherwise put, LE considers inet squabbles to not only be tedious but for the most part, a complete waste of time.

now why would I kid about reporting a crazy guy making threats to people onshore and off, who may be armed. He's identified me and Spoffo, he is anchored next to a public access walkway along the bay, Shore Line Park, that many people use every day. You want some innocent hurt because they want to take pictures of FH?

A lot of curious people are going to take a look at this "boat". I don't think anyone here wants HR to mistake an innoccent bystander for an anarchist.

meuritt

Yep - He has a grand total of 29 posts and no idea of the history of this place - That said, it will get interesting from this point forward....

FFS!!!

Ok, so I don't have any idea of the history of this place either.However, neither does Rod and he's obviously new to forums as well. It'd be a bit dumb not to take him seriously.

HR,

This is really your only option - other than remaining stuck in the mud off the San Rafael Canal:

Since your boat cannot survive on the bay (or any other body of water with even modest wave action) your only choice is the Sacramento Delta. To get there you will need three things: a way to tow the boat, some way to connect to the towboat, and a reservation at a marina. You'll have to work on the towboat but the only way I see to tow the Flyin' Hawai'ian without serious structural work (i.e., there is no strong point to support bitts or Samson posts) is to rig a bridle. This means take some lines (i.e., ropes, use your biggest) and go along each side deck, under the deck and connect the ends at the bow; tie the two bridles together at the bow with another line with a shackle (or loop) in the middle to which you attach the actual tow line. The third thing, a reservation at a marina. I'd suggest Tinsley Island. It's way up in the delta away from prying eyes and it has good facilities.

Good luck.

USCG tried that fella, windlass went "ping!"

This just got so much more interesting than preschool!!

Go the Guy, remember to wear cologne. Or just wear an air freshener as a necklace!

BTW, remark on the lovely "morfodite" (aka Brigantine) rig :ph34r:

meuritt

I think you probably did the right thing, I'd a stalker for a while on the net and it was really creepy, people are nuts and you just don't know which ones are nuts enough to start shooting and which ones are just idiots.

Rods obviously not thinking straight and is under a lot of stress. He could snap at any moment now that the realities of his situation are beginning to sink in ( pun intended )

On the other hand, he may not be able to delete his posts containing the threats from his phone.

My two cents is don't push it, whats legal and what isn't doesn't mater much to people with nothing to loose. Might even give him the psychological out he's likely desperate for to find someone to blame it all on.

There's some really wacky group psychology going on with that clan and I'm kinda looking forward to having my neighbor ( jet setting shrink ) to get back soon so she can read some of this stuff Rods posted and see if she can add any insights to the tale.

The level of denial is just baffling, particularly when you consider he's risking his family in this little ill fated adventure of his.

Rod if your still listening, rig the lines suggested and tow that thing up the delta to somewhere shallow, before anyone gets hurt.

A lot of curious people are going to take a look at this "boat". I don't think anyone here wants HR to mistake an innoccent bystander for an anarchist.

I would defer to spoffo and meuiritt on calling the cops because The Rod knows what they look like.

meuritt

What a fucking hero!! As if this guy hasn't got enough problems - All the brave SA-ers poke him and prod him til he says he's going to kick someones ass - and this loser calls the cops. Unreal!

Just great, all we need is the LEOs overreacting to some scared bioch and putting a premature end to this fractured ferry tail...

Just great, all we need is the LEOs overreacting to some scared bioch and putting a premature end to this fractured ferry tail...

Maybe it will end up like Waco!

Got hanks? I'll trade for critics .

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|118|319693|319694&id=75877

$10/piece and they are even brand new to boot...at that price its not worth going used. And if you can't afford $200 in hanks then the $700 EPRIB and the $2000 life raft are going to be tough....and it would be simply beyond foolish to downright suicidal to travel beyond the sight of land in an untested craft without at least these two basic pieces of safety equipment. Even the people with million dollar yachts and offshore support crews carry (and all too frequently have to use) this stuff.

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|135|2028709|2028728&id=1283816

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|135|2290100|2290102&id=1122190

While the foolhardiness of Hot Rod's endeavor is open for debate, it's obvious that the biggest fools are the rubes in this thread who believe they're actually engaging with HR himself.

Yeah, yeah- we heard you the first six times you blathered about this. You made your point. Give it a rest already. rolleyes.gif

Got hanks? I'll trade for critics .

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|118|319693|319694&id=75877

$10/piece and they are even brand new to boot...at that price its not worth going used. And if you can't afford $200 in hanks then the $700 EPRIB and the $2000 life raft are going to be tough....and it would be simply beyond foolish to downright suicidal to travel beyond the sight of land in an untested craft without at least these two basic pieces of safety equipment. Even the people with million dollar yachts and offshore support crews carry (and all too frequently have to use) this stuff.

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|135|2028709|2028728&id=1283816

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|135|2290100|2290102&id=1122190

could save some scratch by going with a PLB instead of a full on EPIRB

http://www.landfallnavigation.com/fastfind220.html?cmp=pricegrabber&pg=fastfind220&utm_source=fastfind220&utm_medium=shopping%2Bengine&utm_campaign=pricegrabber

While the foolhardiness of Hot Rod's endeavor is open for debate, it's obvious that the biggest fools are the rubes in this thread who believe they're actually engaging with HR himself.

It is HR. Confirmed via selfie, via two others corroboration. Give HR a break. There is no place so far that has allowed him to give his side of the story.

Yes, I beleive that some old sock is pretending to be HR, and laughing his arse off!

It is HR. Confirmed via selfie, via two others corroboration. Give HR a break. There is no place so far that has allowed him to give his side of the story.

He's had countless opportunities to give his side of the story, He's been asked to show pictures so members might help him arrange some kinda fix and he's been offered lots of advice on what to do and what equipment he might need to do it with. He's spurned all attempts. Only thing he hasn't outright rejected is offers of free stuff or maybe labor, but thats yet to be seen.

Its boiled down to some form of psychological condition, group ( clan in this case ) psychosis or something. Not sure why but for some reason none of them seem to have one single clue about there present predicament.

Boats dead in the water, no propulsion, steering or tow rig, In any form of wind or tide condition, the bayliner can't tow it even if it did have a place to hook the tow rope. He seems to think his 2x4 toe rail, attached with deck screws ( it is on a deck after all ) is his saving grace, and the coasties have given him till wed to get off the mud flat.

I'd love to hear his "side" of the story, but he's not offering one.

HR,

I just discovered your story this week over at the CF forum. The amount of effort you and yours have put into your boat is commendable and I whis you success going forward.

I have a question about visibility. From the looks of the port and starboard wheels you can not see 360deg around the boat from their location. Do you plan to run the boat with a multi person watch and sound powered phones(you can get these surplus from the Navy). Any thought to adding a cupola with steering gear atop the house for better visiblilty?

All things considered I worry about you loosing sight of Bouys and channel markers and holing the boat.

Fair winds and following seas,

Gary

Seriously? Visibility is what you worry about on that thing?

Imagine getting run over by that thing. I'd bet that from the opposite side helm you couldn't even hear the yell of "STARBOARD!!"

You think he is planning on racing the - - - thing - - - ah, boat? Even if he got a rating, you still have to finish the race to win.

I doubt if starboard-port, windward,-leeward, room at the mark, or any of that other fancy-dancy persnickety uppity sailor talk has much meaning.

Rule 18? Don't need no rules!

As somebody said before:

You can't bullshit the ocean.

But then, the all important question is:

What's it rate?

meuritt, I am 100% behind you on reporting a publicly made threat to you to the police.

Anyone who has any confidence in Hot Rod making good decisions down the road is as fundamentally ignorant of human psychology as they are of marine architecture. And you have the right to frequent public, navigable waterways without being threatened by gunfire or swamping.

and the coasties have given him till wed to get off the mud flat.

When did this happen? I may have to ammend my FOIA request.

This could be his face-saving way out. Its not HR's fault FH didn't make it to Hawaii, its the CG's fault. First they broke his "windless" and now this!

What's it rate?

At this point, I'd say it's a bit slower than the Scow of Cheese, and would rate somewhere in the vicinity of a floating container.

In any event, I'd love to be proved wrong about the sock puppetry. To see a verifiable, recent photo from aboard the FH posted by one of its crew would be thrilling.

How do you explain the selfie of the Viking that was obviously shot inside the boat (and posted here) Saturday night?

In any event, I'd love to be proved wrong about the sock puppetry. To see a verifiable, recent photo from aboard the FH posted by one of its crew would be thrilling.

How do you explain the selfie of the Viking that was obviously shot inside the boat (and posted here) Saturday night?

Dunno, could it possibly have been lifted from the Viking's real live Facebook page where he interracts with real live people, and maybe does things like...post pictures of himself aboard his new home? The exif data lining up with that night's date doesn't mean shit either--the fact that the exif was pointed out right away made it immediately suspect in my mind.

I'm eager to read Spoffo's morning report. And someone should email/talk to that reporter.

Or, instead, you could eagerly await the results of Donald Trump's latest search for Obama's birth certificate. Tin hat time.

meuritt

C'mon Meuritt, don't start that bullshit, that's Busch League. Let the guy be, last thing he needs is a bunch of cops fucking with him.

Seriously, though, how hard is it to take a just one picture and post it...?

He did. When I asked The Viking to post a pic of himself on Saturday, he did so. Obviously taken inside the boat, obviously taken at night and the picture data was confirmed by a third party. In addition, he posted a pic of the boat underway, a pic no one who wasn't aboard could have taken. Considering all the shit that's been heaped upon the Hot Rod clan on this forum, why in hell would any of them feel obliged to go any further out of their way prove themselves to anybody here, much less you?

Is it possible those pix were lifted from a facebook page by a sock puppet? Sure. Show us the facebook page and I'll buy in to your theory. But I've looked for it and I can't find it. "The Viking" is actually Michael Johnson and "Hot Rod" is James Lane. Knock yourself out.

Just hold on a damn minute.

meuritt

C'mon Meuritt, don't start that bullshit, that's Busch League. Let the guy be, last thing he needs is a bunch of cops fucking with him.

Actually, I think he craves attention, and a police visit would just be more attention.

Hey Viking - if it's you. Really, you need to tow your boat up to the Delta. As they say in House Stark "Winter is coming" and you don't want to be anywhere with an unobstructed line of sight to the south. there are countless protected spots not from from Stockton where you could anchor out and no one would bother you as you finish up.

If you catch a flood tide, say you can make 3 knots through the water, you'd do 4-5 over the ground. Start in the evening and ride the flood for 6 hours, anchor, rinse and repeat. If you make slow time you'd likely need 4 cycles to get well up there, if you can go faster maybe only 3. There are plenty of good anchorages on the way.

I'd really shoot for night sailing until you make the turn at Pittsburgh. If you find yourself in late morning looking at the river, tuck off to the side and anchor up. Let the breeze get by. You're in luck as it's late summer and the afternoon breezes should start to fall off soon. You might catch a couple day window in the weather, if you do, get a move on!

Once your rudders are good to go, and the sail plan is working, you can come back out and head for Hawaii.

Cheers

I'v got an idea that might work

should they get the bateliner running

Just drive it under the FH then use Shrink Wrap around and around and around the hulls and tunnel

till it's like 1" thick everywhere

then nose the baitliner against the end facing the direction desired and give it zum gaz

for many reasons it will be the best choice

+ the added Bennie of CO

I think you're missing that I'm pro-HR, here. If he's being sock puppeted, he's being made to look like an asshole, which would be the biggest shit-heaping of all.

I never thought that you were anti-HR. Just don't understand your insistence that we're dealing with a sock puppet when about as much evidence as can be presented in a forum like this suggests otherwise.

Seriously, though, how hard is it to take a just one picture and post it...?

He did. When I asked The Viking to post a pic of himself on Saturday, he did so. Obviously taken inside the boat, obviously taken at night and the picture data was confirmed by a third party. In addition, he posted a pic of the boat underway, a pic no one who wasn't aboard could have taken. Considering all the shit that's been heaped upon the Hot Rod clan on this forum, why in hell would any of them feel obliged to go any further out of their way prove themselves to anybody here, much less you?

Is it possible those pix were lifted from a facebook page by a sock puppet? Sure. Show us the facebook page and I'll buy in to your theory. But I've looked for it and I can't find it. "The Viking" is actually Michael Johnson and "Hot Rod" is James Lane. Knock yourself out.

++1

[total lack of knowledge] + [pig-headed stubbornness] + [smirking bullshit] = Family Rod

Where's Honey Boo Boo's mom? She would fit right perfectly smack-dab in the middle of this freak show.

That ain't her with the red hair?

As I've said, I would LOVE to see that it's really HR posting. Being proved wrong would be fantastic. But it smells more like someone having a huge laugh at everyone's expense. I think most of the people posting in here are genuinely concerned about the welfare of the FH and her crew--abusing all that goodwill is sort of weak (in an epic, massive practical joke sort of way).

Seriously, though, how hard is it to take a just one picture and post it, or forward it to someone to post as supposedly happened before? If HR is the really the deluded narcissist he's portrayed to be, don't you think he'd be uploading a thousand boastful photos of his multihull masterpiece?

Assuming it's a puppet, it's more for all of our amusement than everyone's expense. It's showing our naiveté loud and clear, our base judgements of other folks, and our willingness to be manipulated! It's priceless, to be honest.

If HR is actually reading this, and pissed off at being represented this way, he is fully welcome to join and get the word out. Or, he can continue to take the high road and just monitor us online imbeciles.

If this is him, then he can either leave us in the dark, or take action that proves it is verifiably him. Post, "look for the pirate flag tomorrow at dawn," and take a picture of himself giving us the finger from the deck. We'd be convinced. He could also do this if he "approves of the message" and is enjoying the show remotely, while not actually doing the posting.

This is the anarchy we dig... hit count and post#'s prove it! No victims in sight, unless the cops get involved needlessly. Let's back off from Mr Rod and leave him be. He obviously wants none of our involvement. Lets just watch things unfold without meddling.

On with the show!

have him post a Pic of El-Murry holding a sign saying he's being treated in accordance with the Geneva Convention ;)

I think you're missing that I'm pro-HR, here. If he's being sock puppeted, he's being made to look like an asshole, which would be the biggest shit-heaping of all.

I never thought that you were anti-HR. Just don't understand your insistence that we're dealing with a sock puppet when about as much evidence as can be presented in a forum like this suggests otherwise.

There were three of us active, not counting HR, when he came on. It was about 2:00AM here in the east, and he was asked to post a selfie. After some time, he finally asked what a selfie is, that was answered and he finally sent it. The Exif data matched, the pic matched what he looked like two years ago, the epoxied beams were in the background.

The Spoffo came by the next day and confirmed details Viking had reported about a conversation they had.

Really, this may not be beyond any reasonable doubt, but its pretty darn convincing. What more do you want, DNA?

Hey its Friday - we need an update here - or at least got to keep the crowd's attention.

berrydog_flower_print_tonga_tie_bikini_2

I have not looked at this thread since Friday and it took me 2 hours just to read through all the BS! Thanks for providing some valuable content! WOW!!!

Spoffo, Thanks for the continued outstanding coverage of the FH! Thanks goes out to that other cat that got some really good shots of the Big Cat! I forget their name… But nice work!

Hot Rod, Best of luck with your boat! But do realize that in building a boat as unique as the FH you are going to draw attention to yourself so just accept that. If you wanted to go unnoticed then you should have just bought a used fiberglass ex charter boat or built something WAY smaller. Oh and please don’t blame SA for having to launch before you wanted or having to leave the marina or ending up in the mud, that’s just making excuses for decisions that YOU made! Again I hope you are enjoying your new boat and safe travels in your journey!

Dunno, could it possibly have been lifted from the Viking's real live Facebook page where he interracts with real live people, and maybe does things like...post pictures of himself aboard his new home? The exif data lining up with that night's date doesn't mean shit either--the fact that the exif was pointed out right away made it immediately suspect in my mind.

I'm eager to read Spoffo's morning report. And someone should email/talk to that reporter.

Or, instead, you could eagerly await the results of Donald Trump's latest search for Obama's birth certificate. Tin hat time.

As I've said, I would LOVE to see that it's really HR posting. Being proved wrong would be fantastic. But it smells more like someone having a huge laugh at everyone's expense. I think most of the people posting in here are genuinely concerned about the welfare of the FH and her crew--abusing all that goodwill is sort of weak (in an epic, massive practical joke sort of way).

Seriously, though, how hard is it to take a just one picture and post it, or forward it to someone to post as supposedly happened before? If HR is the really the deluded narcissist he's portrayed to be, don't you think he'd be uploading a thousand boastful photos of his multihull masterpiece?

Another explanation is that HR is NOT a deluded narcissist as he is being MADE OUT TO BE. And everyone posting nonsense about Honey Boo Boo et al is not really being fair.

I have my doubts about the viability of the voyage. I have no doubts about HR'FH being HR.

Man, since the dawn of time has attempted to voyage in different 'craft', some better then others.

As others have posted.... at least he is doing something...

What more do you want,

FREE The Prisoner's Down Below !!!!!!!!!!

We'll trade for Naut!girl (She like to play Hide Down Below) ;)

Woody you're a pain in the ass...wtf already? Funny is funny, but you're not funny anymore. Christ...

"Dunno, could it possibly have been lifted from the Viking's real live Facebook page where he interracts with real live people, and maybe does things like...post pictures of himself aboard his new home? The exif data lining up with that night's date doesn't mean shit either--the fact that the exif was pointed out right away made it immediately suspect in my mind."

MAN IN BLACK: All right: where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right and who is dead. VIZZINI: But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you. Are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet, or his enemy's? [pauses to study the MAN IN BLACK] Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I'm not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool; you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

MAN IN BLACK: You've made your decision then?

VIZZINI: Not remotely. Because iocaine comes from Australia, as everyone knows. And Australia is entirely peopled with criminals. And criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me. So I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.

MAN IN BLACK: Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

VIZZINI: Wait till I get going! Where was I?

MAN IN BLACK: Australia.

VIZZINI: Yes -- Australia, and you must have suspected I would have known the powder's origin, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

MAN IN BLACK: [beginning nervousness] You're just stalling now.

VIZZINI: You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong. So, you could have put the poison in your own goblet, trusting on your strength to save you. So I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But, you've also bested my Spaniard which means you must have studied. And in studying, you must have learned that man is mortal so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Hey Viking - if it's you. Really, you need to tow your boat up to the Delta. As they say in House Stark "Winter is coming" and you don't want to be anywhere with an unobstructed line of sight to the south. there are countless protected spots not from from Stockton where you could anchor out and no one would bother you as you finish up.

If you catch a flood tide, say you can make 3 knots through the water, you'd do 4-5 over the ground. Start in the evening and ride the flood for 6 hours, anchor, rinse and repeat. If you make slow time you'd likely need 4 cycles to get well up there, if you can go faster maybe only 3. There are plenty of good anchorages on the way.

I'd really shoot for night sailing until you make the turn at Pittsburgh. If you find yourself in late morning looking at the river, tuck off to the side and anchor up. Let the breeze get by. You're in luck as it's late summer and the afternoon breezes should start to fall off soon. You might catch a couple day window in the weather, if you do, get a move on!

Once your rudders are good to go, and the sail plan is working, you can come back out and head for Hawaii.

Cheers

A good landing spot would be Owl Harbor Marina, right across from Frank's Tract. I did a regatta there a couple of summers ago and did a write up on the place. I think the thread was "racing in the Bayou". Something like that.

In short, they are still stuck on 1951 and it is the land of uncle dad.

"Dunno, could it possibly have been lifted from the Viking's real live Facebook page where he interracts with real live people, and maybe does things like...post pictures of himself aboard his new home? The exif data lining up with that night's date doesn't mean shit either--the fact that the exif was pointed out right away made it immediately suspect in my mind."

MAN IN BLACK: All right: where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right and who is dead.

VIZZINI: But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you. Are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet, or his enemy's? [pauses to study the MAN IN BLACK] Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I'm not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool; you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

MAN IN BLACK: You've made your decision then?

VIZZINI: Not remotely. Because iocaine comes from Australia, as everyone knows. And Australia is entirely peopled with criminals. And criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me. So I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.

MAN IN BLACK: Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

VIZZINI: Wait till I get going! Where was I?

MAN IN BLACK: Australia.

VIZZINI: Yes -- Australia, and you must have suspected I would have known the powder's origin, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

MAN IN BLACK: [beginning nervousness] You're just stalling now.

VIZZINI: You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong. So, you could have put the poison in your own goblet, trusting on your strength to save you. So I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But, you've also bested my Spaniard which means you must have studied. And in studying, you must have learned that man is mortal so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

You keep using that word...

HEADLINE! The Deal Goes Down!!

As I write this (1:50 PM our time,) HR is on his way to our local lockup in the back of one of our San Rafael PD cruisers. For real. No shit.

To start at the beginning: around 11:30 I stopped by for my daily observation. Same as the past few days. FH quietly at anchor, FH jr. tied up alongside, probably just on the verge of floating as the tide came in. Nothing to report, so I go for a longish walk. About 12:15, I come back past the boat. Nothing seems to have changed. But then I notice that the Bayliner isn't there. (And we thought it wasn't running.)

No sign of it on the nearby water, so I drive over to the marina to see if it's turned up there. Surprisingly, FH Jr. is not tied up at the fuel/bait dock. As I start to scout the marina to see if he's tied somewhere else, I see the flashing lights of two police cars down near the D/E gate. Then two more cop cars arrive with lights flashing. It takes a few minutes to piece together the picture, but here's what I saw:

Two cops were politely questioning a nicely-dressed guy on the bench in front of the marina office. It looked like he had a small amount of blood on his face from a scratch or cut. About 100 yards away, by the D/E gate, 3 or 4 cops were confronting HR with that wary "Sir, I need you to calm down" look. A couple of times, I heard Rod's voice rise in that seriously pissed off yelling mode I've heard before. Not a wise way to interact with the law.

Of course, I didn't have my camera. (And if I had, I'm not sure I would have pulled it out for fear of setting off Rod, the cops or both.

I drove up to the house, and, luckily, I could see the spot where HR and the cops were from the front terrace. When I got the scope on them, things had turned from bad to worse. Rod was now seated on the wall with his hands CUFFED behind him and three large, serious cops were watching over him. About 10 minutes later, they stood him up, very carefully eased him into the back seat of one of their cars (just like you see on TV) and drove off.

I tried to get some pictures of this with my digiscoping setup. If I have anything good, I'll post it in a few minutes, but don't get your hopes up.

It seems clear that HR and the guy by the office had had some kind of run-in. Beyond that I know nothing. Hopefully, someone here who is more plugged-in to the LL Marina scene knows or can find out what the story is. The only thing clear is that this whole long tale is becoming very sad.

PS: Unsolved questions that I'll try to sort out later today: 1) was Michael in the marina or back on FH? (I didn't see him at any point in the above.) 2) where is the Bayliner? I'll walk the marina carefully and see if I can find it. 3.) Where is the dinghy? I didn't check real carefully, but it appeared to not be with FH when I discovered the Bayliner missing.

More later.

Holy shit.

x 100! ... this always seems to happen to the "nicest" people.

and since there is already a complaint on file, it will be given much more credence.

http://www.co.marin.ca.us/depts/SO/bklog/XMLProj/BookResults.asp

Name

LANE, JAMES JOAN Orig Booking Date 8/12/2013 2:00:00 PM Address SAN RAFAEL CA Latest Charge Date 8/12/2013 2:06:00 PM Sex M Arrest Date 8/12/2013 1:30:00 PM Date of Birth 6/22/1961 Arrest Agency San Rafael PD Occupation RETIRED Arrest Location 110 LOCH LOMAND DR Height 5' 10" Hair Color BRO Weight 175 Eye Color BRO Jail Id P00207030 Charges Bail Charge Authority 14601.1(A) VC Drive with suspended license M $11,000.00 Foreign Warrant/Hold 14601.1(A) VC Drive with suspended license M $11,000.00 Foreign Warrant/Hold 24601 VC License plate lamp on veh I Foreign Warrant/Hold 24601 VC License plate lamp on veh I Foreign Warrant/Hold 40508(A) VC Failure to appear M Foreign Warrant/Hold 40508(A) VC Failure to appear M Foreign Warrant/Hold

And here I just bitched the porters out for watching telenovelas while they were supposed to be working...

Heeee hawwww

this threadnaught is just proving perpetual motion devices exist! I was trying to catch up after the weekend (and yes, I was out windsurfing; purest form of sailing imho) And the page count literally was growing all day :)

someone should find out the public arrest info since it should be available right? But honestly, if it was just a fight cuz he lost his temper, they won't hold him in jail. They'll make him swear to show up for court or something, but maybe require a somewhat small bond and let him go.

Thats assuming its just a basic charge of assault. Who knows what really happened?

EDIT: oh snap! I just saw it, and it seems they have him for a bunch of outstanding stuff?? failing to appear is a bad thing, he won't be getting out soon I think

meuritt

Actually, I think he craves attention, and a police visit would just be more attention.

Looks like he got that attention. Dammit son, getting absolutely arrested sucks. Think he mixed it up with Meuritt??? Quite an unfortunate, unexpected turn of events.

http://www.co.marin.ca.us/depts/SO/bklog/XMLProj/BookResults.asp

Name

LANE, JAMES JOAN Orig Booking Date 8/12/2013 2:00:00 PM Address SAN RAFAEL CA Latest Charge Date 8/12/2013 2:06:00 PM Sex M Arrest Date 8/12/2013 1:30:00 PM Date of Birth 6/22/1961 Arrest Agency San Rafael PD Occupation RETIRED Arrest Location 110 LOCH LOMAND DR Height 5' 10" Hair Color BRO Weight 175 Eye Color BRO Jail Id P00207030 Charges Bail Charge Authority 14601.1(A) VC Drive with suspended license M $11,000.00 Foreign Warrant/Hold 14601.1(A) VC Drive with suspended license M $11,000.00 Foreign Warrant/Hold 24601 VC License plate lamp on veh I Foreign Warrant/Hold 24601 VC License plate lamp on veh I Foreign Warrant/Hold 40508(A) VC Failure to appear M Foreign Warrant/Hold 40508(A) VC Failure to appear M Foreign Warrant/Hold

This is insane... unbelievable... A movie SHOULD be made.....

Seems likely Hot Rod's involvement in this thread proved to be his downfall.

It's not clear to me if the arrest charges listed are outstanding bench warrants and the actual event that brought the PD to him is yet to be listed as a charge or if it was just because of the bench warrants.

Wow! Now we know why he wanted to hit the high seas.

I don't get it.. How do you know the chap in the marina was called 'the high seas'? And what did 'the high seas' do that incited HR so much?

Foreign warrant/hold Failure to appear

By this, I assume foreign to the arresting PD, right? Not like foreign country. Do we have more of the "hole picture" now? Interesting.

Truth may yet be stranger than fiction.

Guy, does this mean your romantic interlude and business venture plans are dashed? Desolé, mon frére.

It's not clear to me if the arrest charges listed are outstanding bench warrants and the actual event that brought the PD to him is yet to be listed as a charge or if it was just because of the bench warrants.

Looks like Bench Warrants... or the officer did not have a heart to add to his misfortune... :(

Wow! Now we know why he wanted to hit the high seas.

I don't get it.. How do you know the chap in the marina was called 'the high seas'? And what did 'the high seas' do that incited HR so much?

Lucky guess?

And here I just bitched the porters out for watching telenovelas while they were supposed to be working...

I don't think my asshole buddy in Hollywood could write this shit. Nobody would believe it!

My guess is that no charges yet have been brought (if indeed they ever will be) regarding whatever went down in the marina. But they clearly had plenty to arrest him on anyway.

This thread is more active than a kid missing his ritalin....

104 user(s) are reading this topic
69 members, 31 guests, 4 anonymous users
h20man, AYC, sailone, silent bob, Kmaz, damn, glorydaze443, redviking, Heavy Metal, Tulosba, Buzby, durundal, furr_ball, Murphness, Guy LeDouche, fairlane, sea jay, Bitter Gnat, FastBottoms, dain bramage, AlienBowman, huntermj, Spoffo, sklompar, jobo, phillysailor, spike, nmacmill01, Sailor90, chrisbitz, Eggie, Dirc, brocksf, TQA, edmsn, wal, Caca Cabeza, Goonda, Luggersailor, Windward, boneboy,hasmat, Grinder, Timo42, SeaFeverish, Blitz, Vee, buzzardsbay105, beefwrangler, superyeadon, Crump's Brother, kiwi22, Filthy, Vadim_go, iclypso, JohnN, Woxbox, cowhidecrockpot, JWBooth, lowside,Hewie, Silverbullet, Catalina 36, kredik, sdfox, iSail, lord_nougat, xyzzy, jr15457