• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
U20guy2

65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

So, now it's up to HR Jr to complete the repairs, modifications and head off to the high seas.

I expect that FH will just get abandoned where she currently sits.

I story now should be that HR is a flight risk, since he (or at least thinks he does) have the means and the plans to flee the country and head to the south Pacific.

Andressa+Urach+Strips+Topless+Bikini+Pho

Something for HR to think out as he sits in the brig.

So, was the Bayliner the motor vehicle being driven on the suspended license? Does that mean it could be impounded? What are the HRs gonna do now? Trouble cubed.

Sucks if this is how the dream ends, but much safer than hoisting sails and escaping the long arm of the law, no matter how dramatic and fulfilling an end that would be to this saga. Too much potential in that plot twist for mayhem affecting others, despite the spectacular appeal of dismasting and rescue on the high seas drama.

He's a nice chap by all reports, let him play himself :)

Anyway, Viking/Michael, if you're still reading this I hope you get your dad out of jail, and manage to take care of the FH also, it would be sad for it to just stick to mud and be torn apart by tides & waves.

Hint: sell the bike and you may cover dad's bond & have some left over to create decent towpoints :D

Who plays The Viking?

Got it- just about any of the young warrior guys from Game of Thrones. Jon Snow, Robb Stark, Jaime Lannister.

So, was the Bayliner the motor vehicle being driven on the suspended license?

Since when do you need a driver's license to operate a boat?

since there was no retraction made, I have just reported the threat made by HR. I was asked to send the actual post and SA's url to this thread, which I have done. If I hear anything further I shall let you all know. The San Rafael police boat may be giving him a visit soon.

meuritt

C'mon Meuritt, don't start that bullshit, that's Busch League. Let the guy be, last thing he needs is a bunch of cops fucking with him.

Actually, I think he craves attention, and a police visit would just be more attention.

Looks like he got that attention. Dammit son, getting absolutely arrested sucks. Think he mixed it up with Meuritt??? Quite an unfortunate, unexpected turn of events.

No, it wasn't me, I am working today, and I doubt I would have provoked him in anyway, I'm not that sort. I'd have offered a beer summit, and wanted to in fact, or just walked away. But I guess the saga continues, the three (presumably) remaining on board with a vacate date fast approaching are in a tough spot. We can't volunteer to help, any damage done will be our fault and we have the means to be sued for damages.

I gladly offer some humble crow pie to my detractors...

I've also been around this site for more than a year, just for this thread, which I have read all the way through.

Spoffo, glad you got there at the right time, and glad it wasn't you.

Mike

PS, Michael, I am really sorry to hear of this turn of events

Wow. Certainly didn't see that coming.

I hope there is a float switch on the bilge pump.

I hope there's a bilge pump.

Also, it occurs to me that the rest of the family is stranded out there without the Bayliner now. Anyone going to give them a lift?

med_gallery_100588_742_408359.jpgOK, who wants to make a T-shirt that says FREE THE ROD with this photo attached? or how about, Hang In There Baby (no wait shoot that's with kittens). This can't be the end of The Saga. Hell, everytime I've got arrested I just kept doing whatever i was a-doing soon as I got out.

Ron "the Hedgehog" Jeremy as Hot "Joanie" Rod Lane

Fabio as Michael "Viking" Johnson (hey, gotta give Mike some credit...he was just trying to help his old man)

Dan "rhymes with Drifter" ************ as the fat girlfriend

and Jerry Mathers as...

the Beaver.

License plate light bulb? That's some cold shit. WTF? Yeah I know he had other outstandings but what dickhead cop writes a license plate lightbulb ticket in the first place?

I feel bad for Michael and the rest, they're kinda screwed (no, I mean screwed-er than they were before). I hope the cops etc kinda give them a break, see first if the Rod is the only problem child with the whole situation and then help the rest of them out with some options.

How do we know there's a Vacate by Wednesday order? Other than that poorly worded possibly false post from TheViking?

Can the FH just sit in the mud awaiting her noble knight?

License plate light bulb? That's some cold shit. WTF? Yeah I know he had other outstandings but what dickhead cop writes a license plate lightbulb ticket in the first place?

The kind that's been on the receiving end of a tirade like the one he was giving earlier?

Seems to me that HR doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut.

It's a "Probable Cause" entry. Easier to explain to a judge than "I didn't like the was he looked". Pulled over for a bad light, run his wants and warrants, then slap the cuffs on.

License plate light bulb? That's some cold shit. WTF?

If you have warrants, you need to keep your shit wired tight. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

But hey, at least you got him arrested. You may have saved a life today!

I had a polite conversation with the cop on the patrol boat basically saying HR made threats regarding people on shore and in boats approaching his. I was asked to send the threat and the link to this thread, which I did. I have friends who kayak outside of LL and didn't want them getting hurt, nor anyone else.

I didn't do anything to cause him to (apparently) get into a fight with anyone at LL. While LL is a decent, reasonably well run marina, it does have a few rough looking customers, I walk my dog there regularly, I am no stranger, even if they don't know my name. Who knows if the other party is a reader here, or just had enough of HR over these past two years.

The shootings that make national news happen, in part, because no one calls the person out, or if they do, the authorities ignore the warnings. All I hoped for was a 'talking to', this ending never crossed my mind. But my actions may have saved lives, who knows

Thank you SRPD. BTW, I think was told this was not a boat day for the officer I talked to, so I may have had nothing at all to do with the police being involved today.

Wow! Now we know why he wanted to hit the high seas.

I don't get it.. How do you know the chap in the marina was called 'the high seas'? And what did 'the high seas' do that incited HR so much?

High seas means the fucking ocean you dumb fuck

Could there be a link to the charges mentioned and the bike being stowed aboard? Keep it form being impounded?

FFfffuuuuuucccccckkkkk... I really wanted to see her sail, sink and otherwise do something better than weedo.....

I feel bad for Michael and the rest, they're kinda screwed (no, I mean screwed-er than they were before). I hope the cops etc kinda give them a break, see first if the Rod is the only problem child with the whole situation and then help the rest of them out with some options.

Marin county is wealthy and if you are not you better watch yourself. Sadly

The altercation started in the Marina office around 1 today after HR entered and demanded to know why his marina access gate key was turned off.. He was told that since he was no longer part of the marina residents, that it was standard procedure until the key was returned. Evidently HR wasn't happy with this answer and started becoming belligerent and shoved the Harbor Master which started a fight and culminated in HR biting part of the Harbor Masters finger off (hence the previously reported blood) and fled the office. He was apprehended in front of DE dock access gates where you all know the rest of the story.

- From a resident in the Marina that was there today.

Wow. Certainly didn't see that coming.

I hope there is a float switch on the bilge pump.

I hope there's a bilge pump.

Also, it occurs to me that the rest of the family is stranded out there without the Bayliner now. Anyone going to give them a lift?

Or wading shoes?

It appears that the village has lost it's idiot -

The FH will be a bunch of broken up CDX and 2x4's if HRJr can't keep her out of harms way.

A sad ending, but as others have mentioned, as long as Jr & Mom can be safely removed from the FH, it will end better than most of us expected.

And who would have thought it would end this way -

The altercation started in the Marina office around 1 today after HR entered and demanded to know why his marina access gate key was turned off.. He was told that since he was no longer part of the marina residents, that it was standard procedure until the key was returned. Evidently HR wasn't happy with this answer and started becoming belligerent and shoved the Harbor Master which started a fight and culminated in HR biting part of the Harbor Masters finger off (hence the previously reported blood) and fled the office. He was apprehended in front of DE dock access gates where you all know the rest of the story.

Wow! Now thinking maybe the part of Hot Rod should be played by Mike Tyson.

He bit a fingertip off?

Anyone who talks to him after this is crazy if that's true.

Wow! Now we know why he wanted to hit the high seas.

I don't get it.. How do you know the chap in the marina was called 'the high seas'? And what did 'the high seas' do that incited HR so much?

High seas means the fucking ocean you dumb fuck

Porty, there's a poster here calls himself "HighSeas" or close to that. WaterMan was referring to him, being funny...like a clown.

Having a big glass of red right now coincidentally. How 'bout that. Wonder what's for supper at the MC pokey tonight?

He's got more trouble than the warrant indicates, wow.

If the the altercation report is accurate, Hot Rod is clearly unstable and violent and was bound to end up in custody somewhere.

Now - do we know if any of the postings are from HR himself? Or are they from Michael? Maybe the last rantings as HR lost it? Not that Ed/Clean need another lawsuit, but maybe this gets subpoenaed to show the client wasn't of sound mind and had been pushed to the edge?

And here I just bitched the porters out for watching telenovelas while they were supposed to be working...

I don't think my asshole buddy in Hollywood could write this shit. Nobody would believe it!

Mickey Rourke as Hot Rod

Gary Bussey?

Naaahhh - he's WAY too fuckin' crazy to be convincing. ^_^

Ron Howard has the look and he's a good actor.

Well, Oztraliia and Kiwiland are probably off the itinerary. I wonder if Kiribati will take him?

Oh shit, he has to make it under a couple of bridges first. I wonder if the masts are tabernacled to make it under those bridges?

Now - do we know if any of the postings are from HR himself? Or are they from Michael? Maybe the last rantings as HR lost it? Not that Ed/Clean need another lawsuit, but maybe this gets subpoenaed to show the client wasn't of sound mind and had been pushed to the edge?

It DEFINITELY was HR and son. You just had to call and confirm if there were any doubts. His number was listed in the latitude38 profile.

Unbelievable..... but true...

As to the finger being chewed off. I suspect if that was true, he would be immediately in the back of the car, no need to run a warrant check on him, and the warrant check was what spoffo so aptly managed to photograph. In addition, it would be a charge listed on the booking info.

Hm, sounds interesting. May end up under assault charges. Wonder how long before he makes bail? Also, I would be curious to know if the police or CG are going to look over the FH for weapons.

License plate light bulb? That's some cold shit. WTF? .

That's what happens when you piss a cop off - they write you up for EVERYTHING.

Can the person who provided the arrest report also get a copy of the mug shot? I'd pay good money to see that posted here. :blink:

As to the finger being chewed off. I suspect if that was true, he would be immediately in the back of the car...

As is often the case (especially when it comes to second and third hand info) the facts get muddy. But clearly somebody was bloodied during the incident. Maybe that was a fingertip being bitten off or maybe it was something less gnarly. Maybe the harbormaster (or whomever) didn't want to press charges.

If HR really bit someone's finger off, wouldn't he have been booked on assault charges, and not traffic violations?

Easier for them to hold him for the warrants than "Suspected Assault". While he's being held for that, the SRPD can hand the file over to the DA's Office.

Marin county is wealthy and if you are not you better watch yourself. Sadly

People who pay a lot of taxes get a lot of service - that's just a fact of life.

As to the finger being chewed off. I suspect if that was true, he would be immediately in the back of the car...

As is often the case (especially when it comes to second and third hand info) the facts get muddy. But clearly somebody was bloodied during the incident. Maybe that was a fingertip being bitten off or maybe it was something less gnarly. Maybe the harbormaster (or whomever) didn't want to press charges.

OK. After all this BS, I had to call Loch Lomond Marina

www.lochlomondmarina.com/‎
Telephone: 415-454-7228.
THEY CATEGORICALLY DENY THE FINGER BITTEN OFF. The nice lady said to squelch that whole thing, no finger bitten off. She did say that if we want to know what happened to talk to the harbour master directly, and he is in from 7 - 15:00.
Makes sense, otherwise HR would be in jail charged with Assault, and an ambulance would also appear.
Stop Rumors and stick to the facts. The facts are just as wild... No need to sensationalize...

I saw a post on another site that claimed HR had been given until Wednesday to move the FH - seems unlikely to happen now, so if true it means it will get towed off and impounded somewhere - where do boats like that get taken in SF Bay?

I guess that poor sad sack just buckled under the self induced strain - his world was shrinking, options had run out and he had nowhere to turn so he lashed out.

If I recall correctly, somewhere in NoCal a harbor master was shot & killed a couple years back by a nutjob boat owner, peeved at being booted out of the marina. I imagine the police take "sailors' problems" a bit more attentively now.

Here are the best of the pictures. Sorry, but these were from over 1/4 mile away. If someone wants to buy me one of these puppies,

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/754508-REG/Canon_5125B002_EF_600mm_f_4L_IS.html

I promise you'll get MUCH better pix next time

I think we should take up a collection and get you one.

If someone has already said this I apologize. The number of posts read to just keep up is forcing some serious stress as other things "more important" get left undone.

For some of you more profligate posters that keep saying some of the same "stuff" in different words (and not helping at all) I am just having to rapidly skim your posts. Sorry.

I saw a post on another site that claimed HR had been given until Wednesday to move the FH - seems unlikely to happen now, so if true it means it will get towed off and impounded somewhere - where do boats like that get taken in SF Bay?

Derelict and abandoned boats are a big issue on the Bay and the Delta. It practically takes an act of Congress to seize these boats and process them. I'd be extremely surprised if FH can be forced to move in the short time period that has been quoted here and (apparently) elsewhere.

A night spent in jail is not pleasant. I feel bad for HR. I'm not sure any of us wil sleep safer tonight because HR is off the street.

There's mother rapers in prison. Father rapers!

Derelict and abandoned boats are a big issue on the Bay and the Delta. It practically takes an act of Congress to seize these boats and process them. I'd be extremely surprised if FH can be forced to move in the short time period that has been quoted here and (apparently) elsewhere.

What's the deal if it's a potential hazard to navigation?

Under the theory that the most boring answer is usually correct, maybe the harbormaster called the cops just to get him out of his office after the discussion over the marina keycard, and the cops ran his name against outstanding warrants as a matter of course and the bench warrants popped up?

how can it be a hazard to navigation if it is in such shallow water? Who in their right mind is 'navigating' there? Methinks that would be a stretch......

Couldn't say. But why do we think FH is a potential hazard to navigation? Plus, nearby Richardson's Bay is shoulder-to-shoulder with POS anchor-outs, any of which are probably more likely to become a hazard, but they've been unmolested for decades.

Under the theory that the most boring answer is usually correct, maybe the harbormaster called the cops just to get him out of his office after the discussion over the marina keycard, and the cops ran his name against outstanding warrants as a matter of course and the bench warrants popped up?

most probably true.. and .. not at all boring.. the story could not get stranger.... It is odd enough.... ;)

how can it be a hazard to navigation if it is in such shallow water? Who in their right mind is 'navigating' there? Methinks that would be a stretch......

Anchor drags, HRjr loses control trying to move it again, FHjr breaks down etc etc.

If it's got to be moved, anything could go on.

most probably true.. and .. not at all boring.. the story could not get stranger.... It is odd enough.... ;)

I heard he bit the key card!

Couldn't say. But why do we think FH is a potential hazard to navigation? Plus, nearby Richardson's Bay is shoulder-to-shoulder with POS anchor-outs, any of which are probably more likely to become a hazard, but they've been unmolested for decades.

Richardson Bay is Federal, and under Federal regulations, the rest of the bay is California Waters and regulated differently. CA has a 72 hour rule, although that time starts when the citation is written.

<snip>

Anchor drags, HRjr loses control trying to move it again, FHjr breaks down etc etc.

If it's got to be moved, anything could go on.

As FastBottoms stated.. there are probably more pressing areas of need, and they have not been touched.. and he is from that area.. hence I trust him...

FFfffuuuuuucccccckkkkk... I really wanted to see her sail, sink and otherwise do something better than weedo.....

Me too.

The video could be great.

And like the "Worlds Funniest Videos" show (where you know for sure "that dude" just got seriously hurt) it could be cut just before the part where they are filming the the body recoveries. Then it would be OK to show.

Any tow operator that goes and looks at that thing is going to turn to Law Enforcement, and let them know they can't guarantee it won't break apart. it will sit there awhile me-thinks(unless Michael aka The Viking takes the advice to tow her out of the environment). Sorry San Rafaelites.

<snip>

Richardson Bay is Federal, and under Federal regulations, the rest of the bay is California Waters and regulated differently. CA has a 72 hour rule, although that time starts when the citation is written.

Ah, I was not aware of that.... thanks for clearing up a that info..

As FastBottoms stated.. there are probably more pressing areas of need, and they have not been touched.. and he is from that area.. hence I trust him...

Fair comment.

I'll rephrase my question a bit. If FH does end up adrift for whatever reason and the CG is called, what'll they do with it? Would it end up anchored in deeper water?

But hey, at least you got him arrested. You may have saved a life today!

I had a polite conversation with the cop on the patrol boat basically saying HR made threats regarding people on shore and in boats approaching his. I was asked to send the threat and the link to this thread, which I did. I have friends who kayak outside of LL and didn't want them getting hurt, nor anyone else.

I didn't do anything to cause him to (apparently) get into a fight with anyone at LL. While LL is a decent, reasonably well run marina, it does have a few rough looking customers, I walk my dog there regularly, I am no stranger, even if they don't know my name. Who knows if the other party is a reader here, or just had enough of HR over these past two years.

The shootings that make national news happen, in part, because no one calls the person out, or if they do, the authorities ignore the warnings. All I hoped for was a 'talking to', this ending never crossed my mind. But my actions may have saved lives, who knows

Thank you SRPD. BTW, I think was told this was not a boat day for the officer I talked to, so I may have had nothing at all to do with the police being involved today.

Dick....

How is Richardson's Bay under federal jurisdiction? It is an NDZ to be sure, but other than that, I don't believe the Feds have any more control over that body of water than any other.