U20guy2

65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

Look at all the newbies here waiting to see something bad happen to someone.

Sadly, the obsessive behavior of most here, looking for blood, waiting for the I told you so moment, and the stalking by some who just had to poke their butt heads where they don't belong contributed to this situation. Keyboard sailors suck. Funny how I kept mentioning Thor Heyerdahl and his BALSA boat making it 4300 miles in 1947 and not one of you fucknuts wanted to comment on that... But you all probably drive Hunters and BendyToys anyways, if you even have boats... Now that HR came here, some of you softened, but seriously, most of you fucks are just that... Stoopid fucks...

Let's post sailing pics for the cops. Whatever you've got but I think something with more than one hull submerging fits.

sonjAIdunk.jpg

I think the cops will be perfectly happy with the tits...

Hahahahahahaha wow.

You know i heard this forum was full of do nothing little punks but i had nooooo idea. You are literally the saddest little group of punks ive ever read..and that says something. ill let you get back to convincing yourselves you arent losers now.

... ... ...

So where might FH go. We all assume it will not stand the move, even if Michael can move it himself. Raccoon could come and get it when it breaks apart, it can hold 100 tons. I hope it doesn't come to that. SR Boat works could also contract for its removal as they do with boats from RB and marinas disposing of abandoned boats.

Not just a question of where to go, but how it's going to go. FH will probably not stand the move (disclaimer- I been wrong before) and as we've seen, there's nothing strong enough to attach a towline to.

FB- Doug

Geez you launch one windlass and people jump to conclusions.

Of course it can be towed, at least in benign conditions. Probably not into strong winds and waves, but they have towed it before and can do it again.

Sadly, the obsessive behavior of most here, looking for blood, waiting for the I told you so moment, and the stalking by some who just had to poke their butt heads where they don't belong contributed to this situation. Keyboard sailors suck. Funny how I kept mentioning Thor Heyerdahl and his BALSA boat making it 4300 miles in 1947 and not one of you fucknuts wanted to comment on that... But you all probably drive Hunters and BendyToys anyways, if you even have boats... Now that HR came here, some of you softened, but seriously, most of you fucks are just that... Stoopid fucks...

HR wanted attention. He got it.

Hahahahahahaha wow.

You know i heard this forum was full of do nothing little punks but i had nooooo idea. You are literally the saddest little group of punks ive ever read..and that says something. ill let you get back to convincing yourselves you arent losers now.

proof it's getting worse

this place is so fucking crowded nobody comes here any more ;)

Hay I thought the Rod was posting ????

Hahahahahahaha wow.

More "family far away" I guess...

Hahahahahahaha wow.

nobodycares.jpg

Hahahahahahaha wow.

Are you part of Hotrod's clan?

As to the finger being chewed off. I suspect if that was true, he would be immediately in the back of the car...

As is often the case (especially when it comes to second and third hand info) the facts get muddy. But clearly somebody was bloodied during the incident. Maybe that was a fingertip being bitten off or maybe it was something less gnarly. Maybe the harbormaster (or whomever) didn't want to press charges.

Think he was reluctant to finger his assailant?

Now that HR came here, some of you softened, but seriously, most of you fucks are just that... Stoopid fucks...

Perhaps, but none of us are spending the night in the local lockup.

This thread has been great for my post count...

Now that HR came here, some of you softened, but seriously, most of you fucks are just that... Stoopid fucks...

Perhaps, but none of us are spending the night in the local lockup.This thread has been great for my post count...

Still early. Check your license plate light bulb lately?

I'm not too worried.

Yeah, why don't you go jump in the cell with His Rodness, you think alike... it's everybody ELSE that's the stupid one, yeah and it's all THEIR fault!

If you genuinely think nobody else is as smart and as capable as you, how come you ain't rich?

Not only that, Hunters and Bendytoys are far FAR better built than Fly-Unn How-why-unn. Most of them can actually be towed in calm weather without structural failure.

FB- Doug

I did not expect this at all. It could be SA got him all lathered up and he just lost it - if yer incecure and all of a sudden the whole world thinks your a looser - thats it. Bon Voyage.

Forgot the obligatory offering... We can ignore the face....

tumblr_mj98hwCGGF1qg7sdjo1_500.jpg

I have noticed, that with all the postings, it looks like S.A. is straining under the load. I got an email notification of a new post, but it is not on the board... any one else: This is the post:

buzzardsbay105 has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space".

----------------------------------------------------------------------

------------ QUOTE ----------

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Bob Perry" data-cid="4251890" data-time="1376353504">Look at all the newbies here waiting to see something bad happen to someone.

-----------------------------

Sadly, the obsessive behavior of most here, looking for blood, waiting for the I told you so moment, and the stalking by some who just had to poke their butt heads where they don't belong contributed to this situation. Keyboard sailors suck. Funny how I kept mentioning Thor Heyerdahl and his BALSA boat making it 4300 miles in 1947 and not one of you fucknuts wanted to comment on that... But you all probably drive Hunters and BendyToys anyways, if you even have boats... Now that HR came here, some of you softened, but seriously, most of you fucks are just that... Stoopid fucks...</blockquote>

Redviking, are you....

HR's other son??

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess this ruckus means I will not be getting an answer to my visibility and and underway watch standing question.

If HR answered I was planning on asking how he planned to deal with heavy weather, run off on storm sail/ bare poles or deploy a sea anchor and ride it out.

Guess we will never know.

Is a tensiometer needed for lifelines?

aluminumboatcleat_zps924614f3.jpg

I guess this ruckus means I will not be getting an answer to my visibility and and underway watch standing question.

If HR answered I was planning on asking how he planned to deal with heavy weather, run off on storm sail/ bare poles or deploy a sea anchor and ride it out.

The helm stations are decorative. Visibility for the towboat operator should be fine except for looking astern.

Heavy weather plan is to fling a windless at the storm, making less wind.

The helm stations are decorative. Visibility for the towboat operator should be fine except for looking astern.

Heavy weather plan is to fling a windless at the storm, making less wind.

Where does one get a windless? By not eating beans?

Rod needs to relax and stare into this picture for a few hours.

Actually, a lot of posters on this forum could take the hint as well.

It's my new favorite anchorage with a short hike to a very clean, warm fresh water lake with a big smooth sloping rock formation to relax on in the sun.

Any guesses where?

post-9871-0-48564400-1376363768_thumb.jpg

There's mother rapers in prison. Father rapers!

And people who litter, which is almost as bad has having a burned out license plate bulb.

And people who litter, which is almost as bad has having a burned out license plate bulb.

He was not arrested for having a burned out bulb, he was arrested for failing to appear when ordered to do so. He could have avoided arrest at any time by just showing up in court, pleading his case about the suspended license and paying his fine if convicted. Instead, he blew it off. Heck, for all we know, he could have just mailed in a check to cover the fine and not even needed to appear. Just an example of how little problems become big ones when ignored, and its application is not limited to traffic fines.

I have noticed, that with all the postings, it looks like S.A. is straining under the load. I got an email notification of a new post, but it is not on the board...

Typically that means the poster deleted the post after notification was sent but before you got a chance to see it on the forum.

I have noticed, that with all the postings, it looks like S.A. is straining under the load. I got an email notification of a new post, but it is not on the board...

Typically that means the poster deleted the post after notification was sent but before you got a chance to see it on the forum.

ah, thanks.. ...

Yeah I posted it then deleted it right away, but since you posted it the question remains - is RedViking Michaels brother?

Either he is or he had some bad shellfish today.

It's my new favorite anchorage with a short hike to a very clean, warm fresh water lake with a big smooth sloping rock formation to relax on in the sun.

Any guesses where?

Squirrel Cove?

Thank you SRPD. BTW, I think was told this was not a boat day for the officer I talked to, so I may have had nothing at all to do with the police being involved today.

If you're intent on breaking your arm patting yourself on the back regarding this man's arrest, please do try to get your facts straight. He was arrested by the Marin County Sheriff, not the San Rafael Police.

As for the alleged altercation? I am quite skeptical, in that he would have been booked for assault, regardless of whether the harbormaster chose to press charges (or not).

And finally, to the doubters: visit the to the Marin Couint Sheriff's Office Booking Log and select either button, since the arrest occurred less that 48 hours ago. Once to the page, search for "Lane."

Any guesses where?

Squirrel Cove?

Roscoe Bay.

I just love when noobs accuse us of being non sailors. Ohhhhhhh, that hurt my feelings!

Thank you SRPD. BTW, I think was told this was not a boat day for the officer I talked to, so I may have had nothing at all to do with the police being involved today.

If you're intent on breaking your arm patting yourself on the back regarding this man's arrest, please do try to get your facts straight. He was arrested by the Marin County Sheriff, not the San Rafael Police.

As for the alleged altercation? I am quite skeptical, in that he would have been booked for assault, regardless of whether the harbormaster chose to press charges (or not).

And finally, to the doubters: visit the to the Marin Couint Sheriff's Office Booking Log and select either button, since the arrest occurred less that 48 hours ago. Once to the page, search for "Lane."

I don't follow your point.

Any guesses where?

Roscoe Bay?

Dude: read your own reference: "Arrest Agency - San Rafael PD". And it's doubtful that meuritt's report of threats had anything to do with HR's troubles today.

Anyone who thinks a night in jail is contemplative in any way, shape or form just hasn't been there. Really unfortunate. He will be back, and will be pissed off.

P.S. Hey redviking, why don't you go bail out your good buddy and buy him a drink. Real sailors like you two need to stick together. :)

I actually refer Teakern arm for freshwater swimming, the oysters at the head of roscoe bay make getting out in flip flops to go swimming a real pain.

Obviously we don't know all the facts yet; but it's even possible that the hysteria and hissy fits being thrown by some on here got back to the Harbourmaster and soured the pitch for HR prompting his outburst. As you say no assault recorded so hopefully HR hasn't got himself in more trouble than he already was in.

And the good thing about California, is that they do want to keep people out of jail. So, they will not hold him at for too long, as it just costs money, and it was a STUPID failure to appear on a silly misdemeanor offense... Driving on suspended license, and no license plate light.....

California is letting out more serious offenders, so why would they waste the money?

Dude: read your own reference: "Arrest Agency - San Rafael PD". And it's doubtful that meuritt's report of threats had anything to do with HR's troubles today.

I see that now and stand corrected. Agreed with the last bit as well. Which was my primary point.

He was arrested by the San Rafael Police... look at Spoffo's photo:

gallery_100588_742_463680.jpg

Any guesses where?

Squirrel Cove?

Roscoe Bay.

Bingo. We have a winner!!

Hahahahahahaha wow.

Who is the looser, the guy that hangs out here throwing shit at the community wall or the guy that takes the time to read all that shit, create a sign in account and add something as retarded as that as his first post??

Now fuck off and show us your wife/girlfriends tits.........

:D

I only have two sisters one of which has posted on here

Where do your sisters live? Is this Micheal?

Viking has no brother and a broken windlass dose not mean an overboard windlass

Michael - good to hear from you. The word was the bleeping Coasties yanked so hard on the tow that they ripped the windlass off. I suppose they could've pulled it in and handed it back. Did you get it back?

Hope your Dad works out his issues. Really - take a look at the Delta.

1) I was there and the four cars and multiple officers who responded were all San Rafael PD, not County Sheriff. I know the difference. 2) If you follow that sheriff's office link and search on "Lane" HR's record does indeed come up, but listed under "Arrest Agency" is "San Rafael PD."

On the finger business, this is second hand, but just as I arrived near the marina office one of the marina staff walked by talking on his cell and I heard "hot Rod" . . . . "split his finger" (my emphasis) . . . . "now the police are all over here." (and a lot of laughing)

The guy being interviewed by police outside the marina office definitely had blood on his face.

The Malcontents too, don't forget them.

1) I was there and the four cars and multiple officers who responded were all San Rafael PD, not County Sheriff. I know the difference. 2) If you follow that sheriff's office link and search on "Lane" HR's record does indeed come up, but listed under "Arrest Agency" is "San Rafael PD."

On the finger business, this is second hand, but just as I arrived near the marina office one of the marina staff walked by talking on his cell and I heard "hot Rod" . . . . "split his finger" (my emphasis) . . . . "now the police are all over here." (and a lot of laughing)

The guy being interviewed by police outside the marina office definitely had blood on his face.

After your most excellent report (the first one regarding the arrest) I called up the marina and spoke with a lady on the phone. She identified the Dock Master, mentioning that he is working 7-15 and... that reports of ANYONE having a finger bitten off were UNTRUE... and should be put to rest. She suggested calling in the morning and speaking with the Dock Master for the full details. By the sound of it sounds like a phone call tomorrow at 7:00 am should put to bed the rumors and give us cold facts.....

BTW, Spoffo. Thanks for your MOST excellent reporting. At times so outlandish it appeared you were making it up.. but... photos, booking reports, etc. do not lie... AMAZING.... thanks again.

Well at least the Crips are not involved (yet)

Here's the next challenge to local observers: Where is the Bayliner? At 5:30 I checked via scope and it was not tied in its usual place at FH's starboard side (I couldn't see the port side from there, but that's even shallower.) I then walked most of the marina pretty carefully and the Bayliner was not in any of the places a person would normally tie up a boat that size for a short stop. There were a few interior slips I couldn't see that he might have snuck it into, but why? That would just inconvenience him and piss off marina people. I couldn't see the dinghy anywhere either.

My guess is that Michael was with him and left with the boat as soon as the trouble started. If he wasn't out at FH at 5, maybe he'd taken the boat into town via the canal to try and help HR's situation.

We really need to try to locate that boat tomorrow. It's possible that the two women - - or even all three of them - - are stuck out there with no way out other than a truly nasty slog through 40 yards of muck at low tide.

Actually, if the coastlines did tear out the windlass or otherwise break it, filling out this form might be worth a shot. I think the place I heard about it had a guy who worked processing them and said it as usually a rubber stamp approval unless it looked really sketchy.

http://www.bia.gov/cs/groups/xnifc/documents/text/idc-017268.pdf

The CG never towed we where out of the life threatening situation

They broke a clutch when hoisting the anchors

I believe this is what HR said as well, that the only thing working now was the old electric....

just to clarify a point, the sheriff runs the jail for the whole county, so yes, he is in county jail, and the arrest was made by SRPD, Easy to understand the confusion.

Another boating friend told me that about 10 years ago a tri set up camp where FH is now, I didn't have a boat here then so I can't verify, They had a hard time getting him to move on.. He also said of the canal, some marina's are like San Quentin west. He didn't specify which but there really is only one that I think of when it comes to that, and my boat is just outside their entrance. About 5 years ago we had a vagabond in a kayak setting up camp in the general area, he didn't stay long and kept to himself.

Finally, the shooting of a harbor master by a tenant about to have a lien put on his boat was in Petaluma, a small town that is a wonderful weekend boating destination. By land, it is about 30 minutes north on Highway 101.

They broke a clutch when hoisting the ancDid the clutch brea

Was the windlass being used to raise FH's anchor when the windlass clutch broke? Or was the CG pulling the anchor with their own windlass?

That's humour - tragedy happening to someone else.

The oldbies like you and I are above all that, of course... Our interest in this is much more mature and academic, Right.

He also said of the canal, some marina's are like San Quentin west. He didn't specify which but there really is only one that I think of when it comes to that, and my boat is just outside their entrance.

That's an interesting characterization. The only one I can think of that comes close to that is up in the channel. If that's the same one you're thinking of, we may have been neighbors at one time, as my rig was docked right across from its entrance a couple of years ago.

Finally, the shooting of a harbor master by a tenant about to have a lien put on his boat was in Petaluma, a small town that is a wonderful weekend boating destination. By land, it is about 30 minutes north on Highway 101.

Wayne Kipp was murdered 13 years ago. If that's the shooting GRS was referring to, he's off by a little over a decade. Then again, perhaps time moves slower for him.

He was arrested by the San Rafael Police... look at Spoffo's photo:

gallery_100588_742_463680.jpg

All police agencies use the county sheriff jail

Any guesses where?

Any guesses where?

Roscoe - Desolation

"I spent three years on the design of this. I've looked at thousands and thousands of yachts."

http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_18884125?source=rss

Hey guys how long ago was it the Tin can returned home after its short adventure?

According to that article ..........,

" It weighs 5 ton .." .........

Well , ,................. I don`t think so !............ :rolleyes:.....

The marina staff are using his S.A. name ..??

Who is this "inside man"??

I remember when this thread was Phun

when the speaking of reality was in contrast to what HR was doing

and the fate of the FH was ........ OK the timing of the fate of the FH was unknown

this is now more like a Bull Fight 3/4 of the way through

I don't know what to say ?

I didn't and don't want to see any one get hurt

No Really !!!!!!

The marina staff are using his S.A. name ..??

Who is this "inside man"??

I think the Name Hotrod came from an article somewhere, I was under the impression that is what James calls himself. (red) Viking is a SA name, And I'm picking that Michael will keep if for a while yet, even outside of SA.

I think the Name Hotrod came from an article somewhere

That would be correct.

Fifty-one-year-old James "Hot Rod" Lane and his 28-year-old son, Michael Johnson, have been laboriously building the eight-ton, twin-hulled craft over the past three years, most of that time in the Loch Lomond parking lot, becoming an ongoing object of curiosity in the bayside neighborhood.

link

Can someone do a summary update from the FH getting stuck in the mud?

Real Hot Rod and family came on here (?), threatened people (?), wasn't listening to a helpful word anyone said and then...??? Arrest?

Serious bidness is the Interwebz.

Sorry if this [June] article was posted previously: http://www.marinij.com/ci_23414207/lib-at-large-father-son-finally-launch-big

After reading this, my conclusion is that HR probably has some disabilities and I feel sorry for the situation he's put himself in.

That does not make it less fascinating.

Sorry if this [June] article was posted previously: http://www.marinij.com/ci_23414207/lib-at-large-father-son-finally-launch-big

After reading this, my conclusion is that HR probably has some disabilities and I feel sorry for the situation he's put himself in.

Actually it does, Hotrod appears to be from a trailer trash background (my own assumption) or at least a disadvantaged situation, Then a drunk causes a crash he's in and he winds up with a payout, We know nothing about the payout so lets assume its above board.

Then instead of pissing the newfound dough against a wall the decides to build a boat with his son.

So far so good.

Unfortunately he has no idea how to build a boat and he's to stubborn to ask.

Going by today’s arrest he has a 'background'.

Seems he was trying to do something with his life, He put a LOT of work into that boat!

Makes it more sad than fascinating.

Well, he's gotta see the judge in the morning and that's about the soonest he's going to be loose again. My bet is the bond will be the hard part, the bike idea is a good one except how do you get it off that wreck stuck out in the mud ? Not sure its worth the 11k anyway but it looks like all they have to bargain with.

Bail bondsman will want 10% up front and something for collateral, bike might work, and $1,100 is chicken feed, I bet he's out by noon.

The assault is a whole other matter though. The DA is likely going to be interested in the police report and just because charges aren't listed doesn't mean they aren't forthcoming. Assault around here is bad news, not sure what Cali thinks about it, but its instant jail in this neck of the woods.

Something tells me a night in the cooler will do nothing to wake up the Rod. If anything it will only embitter him to the remain within his own fantasy to the bitter end.

Its pretty obvious the stress of fighting the reality is getting to him. The amount of energy it must take for him to avoid facing this monumental failure must be taxing an already "unique" personality.

It will be very very interesting to see what he does once loose again.

I predict this isn't the last we see of Rod Moe, Curly or Larry.

014.jpg

Thought I'd call a nurse just in case there were any actual injuries involved

He's finally made it to the top!

most_viewed_inmate.jpg

Also, it looks like the internet's favorite looter is trying to horn in on the attention:

paddling_with_looter.jpg

Actually it does, Hotrod appears to be from a trailer trash background (my own assumption) or at least a disadvantaged situation, Then a drunk causes a crash he's in and he winds up with a payout, We know nothing about the payout so lets assume its above board.

Then instead of pissing the newfound dough against a wall the decides to build a boat with his son.

So far so good.

Unfortunately he has no idea how to build a boat and he's to stubborn to ask.

Going by today’s arrest he has a 'background'.

Seems he was trying to do something with his life, He put a LOT of work into that boat!

Makes it more sad than fascinating.

My tragedy and comedy meters are both pretty well pegged by HR and his boat.

I don't think the boat is anywhere close to ready for the ocean, but I don't think it's the fragile paper mache shell that some here seem to think it is. I have had to destroy various similar structures and it's hard work.

HR and family: in case you are listening, I know your boat is sheathed in West System epoxy. Encapsulated is a bad word for what you have done. I refer you to EPOXYWORKS #25, Summer 2007, from the people who made that stuff.

They did tests on moisture exclusion capabilities of their products and competing products. The winner:

Of note is the observation that two-component sheathing epoxy adhesive was second only to complete encapsulation in paraffin wax as a moisture excluding barrier.

That's right, the wax won, and even wax allows some moisture intrusion. This is the long term problem with plywood that has ANY voids inside. There is no such thing as a void moisture can not reach.

This is why people think your boat will become soggy and disintegrate. They are right. It will happen, though not as quickly as some here think.

The altercation started in the Marina office around 1 today after HR entered and demanded to know why his marina access gate key was turned off.. He was told that since he was no longer part of the marina residents, that it was standard procedure until the key was returned. Evidently HR wasn't happy with this answer and started becoming belligerent and shoved the Harbor Master which started a fight and culminated in HR biting part of the Harbor Masters finger off (hence the previously reported blood) and fled the office. He was apprehended in front of DE dock access gates where you all know the rest of the story.

- From a resident in the Marina that was there today.

He bit a fingertip off?

Anyone who talks to him after this is crazy if that's true.

Lets hope Guy is still reading this before he jumps in to offer support. :o

A (sensible?) question.

If you totally encapsulate 3/8 CDX ply in West System,how hard is it to penetrate the epoxy and get to the ply? We dont' get CDX over here, it's all graded differently and uses different woods. What I think is our equivalent is all softwood,would dent if you lean on it hard and a dewy night will warp and delaminate it. Will panel flexing do it, or would for example sitting the boat on some stones do it?

Is FH totally encapsulated in West system, or is it another type of epoxy? Or is it just epoxy inside and a thin skin of polyester resin with taped joins on the outside?

In the Gougeon test, they used a Florida room. The environmental conditions were a lot like my back yard most August afternoons before the thunderstorms arrive. Water vapor penetrates better than liquid water, so they hung the test samples in the Florida room to see how much water they would soak up. The test lasted two months.

You can download a pdf of the article describing the tests here:

http://www.epoxyworks.com/25/index.html

Hahahahahahaha wow.

and you just joined up to post that!! :lol:

Sorry, my bad wording though. By penetrate, I meant how hard is it to physically penetrate the epoxy barrier with an object-like a rock the boat is sat on, or will flexing make the coating crack?

Very interesting and useful reading though, thanks-and it explains what would have been the followup question.

I'm guessing given the construction of the FH, we're not going to noticeably see any waterline changes from moisture ingressThe majority of the ingress will be below the waterline if the resin coating gets damaged, (given that it seems more likely that sitting aground will damage the coating, and that the hull skin itself weighs very little, so the 25%ish weight gain wouldn't be much) which accounts for a fairly small % of the overall structure and therefore weight.

I'm also assuming that:-

1) 3/8 CDX will only gain 25% weight in moisture (I could well be wrong)

2)that the outer skin of CDX will fail significantly quickly, giving the 2x4's relatively little time to absorb water.

3) FH currently isn't leaking, so the 2x4's and framework currently isn't absorbing water from actual in-water contact.

Of course, that's also dependent on whether someone decides to launch the Bayliner at the side of the hull again.

So, if there's a failure the 1st thing we're going to see is the FH sitting on the bottom.

Sorry, my bad wording though. By penetrate, I meant how hard is it to physically penetrate the epoxy barrier with an object-like a rock the boat is sat on, or will flexing make the coating crack?

An epoxy/glass skin can flex some, but flexing can crack it.

An earlier pic showed some rocks in that mud flat. I'd guess that if the hull settled on a rock in muck, it would push the rock further into the muck. If the rock wouldn't move and was pointy, point-loading could crack or penetrate the skin.

So, who's looking after the girls on the boat? Do they know how to row the tender ashore? tend the anchoring system? Look after the boat if the weather turns nasty?

I assume the there are folk on the boat who has less of an idea how to handle a boat than Hotrod,

Who's looking after the mess now?

3) FH currently isn't leaking, so the 2x4's and framework currently isn't absorbing water from actual in-water contact....

From the Gougeon test article:

This is an accelerated test because the Florida room conditions create water vapor, and water vapor is much more energetic than liquid water. This energized water vapor will penetrate a semipermeable membrane much faster than liquid water will.

They used water vapor because it penetrates faster, but that suggests liquid water penetrates, just more slowly.

So, who's looking after the girls on the boat? Do they know how to row the tender ashore? tend the anchoring system? Look after the boat if the weather turns nasty?

I assume the there are folk on the boat who has less of an idea how to handle a boat than Hotrod,

Who's looking after the mess now?

First day off in two weeks, and lots to do; so I can't read the last 3 pages here, can someone give me the cliff notes?? HR is in jail after getting into it with LL Marina manager, I got that. Is his son also in jail