U20guy2

65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

The fundamental flaw with the whole move up to safer water plan: HR does not see the need to do it. Logistics come after need.

Is this him?

Nope. That's got curves. FH is all straight lines.

Hey, you not been reading? Sheesh.....

Hey Bob, you haven't been up the channel lately. That inlet with the broken docks has been cleared out. There's a dredge parked there at the moment. Sugar Dock and the PSPYC aren't for near derelicts or for guys that don't want to pay rent. The owner of the property bordering the 4th st canal will have him booted out. There's no public access from Cutting.

If he's not going up the channel and he's not going to Marina Bay, then where would he be going? I can't think of any place near there that would allow him to anchor or dock. Maybe he was going for Sausalito and got blown to Richmond?

I just did a cursory drive around the area. Nothing to report other than MBYH seems to have taken on their share of large multihulls...

I also went out to the point of Miller Knox park because it has a pretty open view of this side of the bay... Still nothing.

I drove to San Rafael at 1100 and he was still out there off of Loch Lomond. I'm not ambitious enough to go look for it right now.

Hey Bob, you haven't been up the channel lately. That inlet with the broken docks has been cleared out. There's a dredge parked there at the moment. Sugar Dock and the PSPYC aren't for near derelicts or for guys that don't want to pay rent. The owner of the property bordering the 4th st canal will have him booted out. There's no public access from Cutting.

If he's not going up the channel and he's not going to Marina Bay, then where would he be going? I can't think of any place near there that would allow him to anchor or dock. Maybe he was going for Sausalito and got blown to Richmond?

I like the estuary theory. Oh please oh please oh please.

Just as likely that the Binliner broke down again (or ran out of fuel-I bet he has no idea that towing drinks fuel) and that's where he got blown to.

Is this him?

Clearly not, that big piece in the foreground has a curve to it and nothing aboard FH is curved [except perhaps the lady folk]. Also, all that wood appears to be far too high in quality, even in it's current state.

speechless. If they had any sense they'd park FH behind the breakwater in Marina Bay to regroup and refuel the Bayliner. But why do I doubt this. Lord help 'em if they attempt Berkeley. The Harbor Master there is no-nonsense and I'm sure they're apprised of the situation today that FH is on the move. I don't know what to say. Going deeper into the bay against a flood tide made zero sense.

Ditto as to Richmond getting cleaned up. I was surprised to see Aldebaran get salvaged as soon as it did. There's a small sloop sitting on the bottom of the Alameda Estuary that's been there now for a long, long time. I can't imagine the CG letting them get anywhere close to the estuary though. Not being towed by a bayliner with all the commercial traffic and the passenger ferries. this is all very surreal.

OK folks. We can forget all that talk of the delta. He is in Sausalito, though I can't tell you where yet. As reported, I spotted him headed south under the Richmond bridge at 3:00. When I got a look from the Corte Madera wetlands area a little later, he appeared to be way over by Richmond, possibly heading for the Berkeley marina. I sped on to the Paradise Drive overlook on the back side of Tuburon, up above theParadise Cay neighborhood. At that point it was clear that he was heading back over toward the Marin side, and I was finally able to get some pictures. I then followed him around as he headed through Racoon Strait and off toward the GG before he hung a right toward Sausalito and disappeared behind Belvedere.

At that point I had to drop off the chase and head for home, and now I have to leave for a meeting in 5 minutes, so no pictures until around 9PM our time.

One interesting question was who was driving the Bayliner? Someone here reported that it was HR hisself, but when I put the scope on him, it just didn't look like him. At one point, I thought I saw a big flash of red hair that would say Michael was driving, but when I got a closer look down toward Tiburon, it didn't look like him either. It looked like a man about MIchael's size, but with short dark hair and maybe a beard.

Which would make sense, when you think of it. Towing a boat that big with the Bayliner through all the traffic etc of the main bay past Richmond and then through the tide rips at Racoon strait is a non-trivial piece of seamanship. And, as far as I could see, it was all carried off pretty competently. So, maybe they did the smart thing and got a "pilot" who knows what he's doing to con this expedition. That seems likely if Michael was in charge, less likely if it was the Rod-man (and his ego.) Something else we need to to find out.

Come back later for pix. I gotta run.

Update - Revise the destination, HR did not go under the bridge at Richmond - may be heading for Pt. Richmond or the Delta.

For those of us who live thousands of miles from this area, what/where exactly is "the Delta"?

Pretty much everything east of Pittsburg is loosly referred to as "The Delta". Both the San Joaquin and Sacramento Rivers make up "The Delta". If you connect Pittsburg, Stockton and Sacramento you have a rough outline of the Delta.... more or less.

See Google Map:

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

My marina bud reported he heard that they were on the rocks (Channel 16) and somehow got off fairly quickly..once that conversation was over he has no idea where they went. Evidently towards Sausalito - not where I would ever go; cold foggy wet windy and lots of wave action in Richardson Bay unless you go so far North you're back in the mudflats. I once temporarily grounded getting fuel near 'Fish' at the Chevron pumps. 3' draft and it got less further North very quickly.

Looking forward to the photos

http://www.abovephotos.com/

On that webcam, why do people keep looking into the sliding door? Whats the fascination there.... No sign of the FH on the horizon...

Did spot a yacht heeled well over on that cam, it looks too windy and probably too choppy out there for someone towing something the size of FH with a Binliner.

Wednesday night Woody's--- Knarrs, ICs Folkboats.

Someone is obsessed with the window into the grill room though. Or is just being a DICK.

Pon Pon Pon Pon Pon Pon = All stations, all stations break: There is a 65' vessel aground in the vicinity of Marina Bay. Any vessels able to assist? San Francisco Coast Guard out.. on channel 16 just minutes ago

Paging Raccoon - Paging Raccoon - Dinner now being Served :o

USCG knows nothing about it ??

Greetings from Sausalito. FH is safely anchored in the middle of Richardson Bay. FH jr was spotted cruising the waterfront scoping things out. I'm sure someone else in the area can provide more details as I don't have much time to spend tracking their comings and goings right now, but they are definitely here and in a safe spot in the anchorage.

Greetings from Sausalito. FH is safely anchored in the middle of Richardson Bay. FH jr was spotted cruising the waterfront scoping things out. I'm sure someone else in the area can provide more details as I don't have much time to spend tracking their comings and goings right now, but they are definitely here and in a safe spot in the anchorage.

You may want to suggest to te harbor master that he get some chain mail gloves

http://www.abovephotos.com/

On that webcam, why do people keep looking into the sliding door? Whats the fascination there.... No sign of the FH on the horizon...

Did spot a yacht heeled well over on that cam, it looks too windy and probably too choppy out there for someone towing something the size of FH with a Binliner.
Wednesday night Woody's--- Knarrs, ICs Folkboats.

Someone is obsessed with the window into the grill room though. Or is just being a DICK.

Could be that Heather is eating near the window tonight...

Spoffo look for Guy while you are at it. He seems to have vanished like the others who got to close.

Guy will return when he has something to report. he has been a fixture of this site long before most of the people posting in this thread ever heard of this place

I believe Pon-Pon is the correct pronunciation but wrong spelling of Pan Pan

>I believe Pon-Pon is the correct pronunciation but wrong spelling of Pan Pan

http://forums.radioreference.com/marine-monitoring-forum/41494-pon-pon-pan-pan.html

Evidently pan pan is the spelling, Pahn Pahn is the pronunciation and they appear to mean the same but not positive

anyone who doesn't know the diff between securite, pan pan, and mayday, and when it is appropriate to use each needs to piss off. it is embarrassing that anyone here wouldn't know this basic safety information

securite: the lido deck of my disgusting hulk of home depot catamaran fell off, is adrift in the bay, and a hazard to navigation

pan pan: the lido deck canopy on my disgusting hulk of home depot catamaran collapsed, broke my leg, and I need assistance

mayday, the lido deck canopy on my disgusting hulk of home depot catamaran collapsed, impaled my chest cavity, the boat is sinking faster than we can pump and we are stepping into the wal mart inflatable dinghy

And to confirm other rumors, looks like HR is safely in Sutter County Jail: http://suttersheriff.org/services/inmates/inmate_details.aspx?id=72852

And while we are at it, what are the restrictions to anchoring in Richardson Bay? 72 hours? Or open ended? This looks like a good spot to head out through GG and head down the coast.

And to confirm other rumors, looks like HR is safely in Sutter County Jail: http://suttersheriff.org/services/inmates/inmate_details.aspx?id=72852

And while we are at it, what are the restrictions to anchoring in Richardson Bay? 72 hours? Or open ended? This looks like a good spot to head out through GG and head down the coast.

Yup

well at least un-like those he left behind he has a shidder and shower and Food

anyone who doesn't know the diff between securite, pan pan, and mayday, and when it is appropriate to use each needs to piss off. it is embarrassing that anyone here wouldn't know this basic safety information

Sadly, I have to agree with that. At least here in RI, anyone who listens to VHF ch 16 will routinely hear at least 1 pan pan every Saturday and Sunday. This is basic stuff.

That mug shot is the most flattering picture I've seen of him.

Sadly, I have to agree with that. At least here in RI, anyone who listens to VHF ch 16 will routinely hear at least 1 pan pan every Saturday and Sunday. This is basic stuff.

Seconded. We have to sit a day course and an exam including using DSC functions before we can use the VHF over here.

Are you guys still using Pan Pan Medico?

HR and the FH story could go viral. Boats in Richardson Bay are easily seen from the helicopters hovering to provide AC race coverage. FH is surely a large oddity of potential interest to reporters. This could become much more interesting quickly.

Seconded. We have to sit a day course and an exam including using DSC functions before we can use the VHF over here.

No. Pan Pan Medico is no longer officially supported. If a call for medical assistance is sufficiently serious to be made, then a Mayday call is usually appropriate.

One interesting question was who was driving the Bayliner? Someone here reported that it was HR hisself, but when I put the scope on him, it just didn't look like him. At one point, I thought I saw a big flash of red hair that would say Michael was driving, but when I got a closer look down toward Tiburon, it didn't look like him either. It looked like a man about MIchael's size, but with short dark hair and maybe a beard.

Damn I was right. Guy has taken the boat. I'm guessing HR is still doing time in the cooler.

No. Pan Pan Medico is no longer officially supported. If a call for medical assistance is sufficiently serious to be made, then a Mayday call is usually appropriate.

Yeah, we've gone the same way.

I wonder how many know the correct use for Mayday Relay...

HR and the FH story could go viral. Boats in Richardson Bay are easily seen from the helicopters hovering to provide AC race coverage. FH is surely a large oddity of potential interest to reporters. This could become much more interesting quickly.

True but it's only the LV

oh wait that's not what you meant :o:lol::lol::lol:;)

What makes you think the Gofundme site was set up by HR? I think it may be one of our SA brethren trying to make a buck.

Yea, two twats with a griffter breathing down their necks

You guys have to sit through an entire day of how to use DSC? Really?

It's about 6 hours in class all told, including VHF procedures and DSC-including practice (with simulators if you've got a good instructor)

It covers a lot of stuff though-Mayday,Mayday Relay, Pan Pan, Securité,group/distress/ship to ship DSC calls, various VHF set features (like, don't mess up inputting your MMSI or it has to go back to the factory in most cases), simplex and duplex etc.

What makes you think the Gofundme site was set up by HR? I think it may be one of our SA brethren trying to make a buck.

Yea, two twats with a griffter breathing down their necks

It's blatantly NOT HR. HR and his clan can't spell or contruct sentences that well.

Yeah, we've gone the same way.

I wonder how many know the correct use for Mayday Relay...

By that you mean, transmit the location of the vessel in distress vs your own, but use your own identifying information? I doubt many, but the CG and other rescuers would ask and no one making the relay would be dumb enough to not tell the rescuers anyhow.

I recently bought a new VHF radio and half the manual was dedicated to DSC. All kinds of settings and such for this version of the emergency or that one... Frankly, if the problem is actually important to seek immediate assistance, we're going to push the red button to transmit our location then get on the mic and explain what's happening. I can't expect every soul on board to know every detail of DSC. Even if I told them, no one would remember.

You guys have to sit through an entire day of how to use DSC? Really?

It's about 6 hours in class all told, including VHF procedures and DSC-including practice (with simulators if you've got a good instructor)

It covers a lot of stuff though-Mayday,Mayday Relay, Pan Pan, Securité,group/distress/ship to ship DSC calls, various VHF set features (like, don't mess up inputting your MMSI or it has to go back to the factory in most cases), simplex and duplex etc.

I doubt most American power boaters are anywhere near smart enough to retain any of that information. We could make them sit through a week of it, recite it back, and still they won't get it... Maybe a few sailors too.

The MMSI going back to the factory thing is annoying. I understand why, but still...

Is there anyone else here in the media field?

Are there any Hollywood people here?

Personally, I wouldn't give a $1 for this craft to cross the pacific; yet I could see FH being worth over 100 thousand as a TV/Movie prop. If you were to contract the building of a prop you are going to use and then blow up; 100G's seems fairly cheap.

If you were to create a TV reality series than the FH and crew may be priceless.

As a writer I would be happy to write a script for a TV "reality" series; if anyone here has any connections in the LA production industry. Please PM me. This could be a great "out" for the crew and a great way to move this story forward.

PAN is pronnounced pon. There is only Mayday, PAN, and Securite'

Good to know...

There you have it. SA, like Top Gear, is an educational show....

Learn something new everyday, if you're up to it!

I am mystified how anyone on this board could not know the 3 most basic (and only) hailing terms for a distressed vessel at sea. Since its obvious some of you were clueless about this most basic tenet of nautical knowledge, what was your previous plan for calling for help over VHF? "Hep me hep me pweeze I need a ambwerlance"..??? Would you know how to broadcast your position properly?

That reminds me of a Mayday I once heard in the Sea of Cortez.

Some woman was hollering that her husband had fainted and needed help.

Everyone who heard her asked for her position and description of the boat.

Her answer was, "It's a white two story powerboat. Can't you see me? I'm right here waving out the window !"

After many back and forths, she got pretty pissed off that no one could see her.

She was over 20 miles away.

Personally, I wouldn't give a $1 for this craft to cross the pacific; yet I could see FH being worth over 100 thousand as a TV/Movie prop. If you were to contract the building of a prop you are going to use and then blow up; 100G's seems fairly cheap.

If you were to create a TV reality series than the FH and crew may be priceless.

As a writer I would be happy to write a script for a TV "reality" series; if anyone here has any connections in the LA production industry. Please PM me. This could be a great "out" for the crew and a great way to move this story forward.

Waterworld II?

Someone call Kevin Costner's agent.

Has anybody confirmed he made Sausalito? Richardson Bay is not that friendly, the wind can really blow, but it changes direction all the time too. I sailed the last 2 days out of Sausalito, but I couldn't get up there today. Props to Viking for getting through Raccoon Strait on a flood. That little Bayliner must be tired after that.

Another problem with Sausalito is that it's Marin County ( as in Marin County Jail, his former home).

I know some liveaboards who have been on the hook for years in Richardson Bay. They keep a low profile, but they told me it's 30 days max. They do have a free mobile pump out service.

Helpful info for those visiting and intending to swat in Richardson Bay.

http://rbra.ca.gov/general_info.html

They have been trying to get derelict boats out of the RB for years, with little success. However, a 65' behemoth isn't going to go unnoticed. Should have gone to the Delta.

3/8s was only used interior 1/2 is minimum to 5/8 full rolls of glass used to cover 48 on frame 6 on stringers

post-180-015338200%201318620417_thumb.jp

as this shows the 'frames' appear to be 48" on center and the 'stringer' appear to be 6" on center.

no indication of how the floors are to be installed.

Are the only real longitudinals the stringers?

Is the join on the chine screwed and glued?

Will the asymmetric bow shape put different forces on the bow port to starboard on each hull when the bow hits a wave?

Please post more photos of the build.

The dream of being a charter boat is a delusion,all charter boats have to be built to a standard like lloyd's, or ABS if you are in the USA and i would suggest a Naval architect should be able to understand these minimum requirements.

I doubt the thing could get insurance, what would a surveyor say about the build and design.

Home depot is probably the only hope for sponsorship,this probably has no chance after the recent arrest, the dream is nothing but a delusion.

So we have a uninsured unseaworthy shitbox that spends low tide beached in the mud with no method of propulsion or steerage and the captain of the ship is in jail?

Are they 1 storm away from possible disaster if they drag or lose their anchor?

Allah's apostle commanded the killing of geckos, and he called them little noxious creatures.

http://www.sunnah.com/urn/255

What we really need to talk about is just how poorly built this boat is.

It seems to be an over-looked subject. Maybe we need to discuss the type of plywood used in construction, or maybe the bolts used it the hull deck join, or maybe the epoxy used.

This part of the whole Hotrod / Flying Hawaiian saga has been so over looked, I'm kinda disappointed.

I would have thought that a bunch of internet sailors would have bought this up.

Builders usually build to a plan so the question should be does the build match what is drawn on the plans and if it does then the person who drew the plans is responsible for this waste of time and money.

If they were building a wharram or early lock crowther cat (plywood) and followed the plans without deviation i think they could have built a seaworthy boat, i see the problem is with the design and not so much the build.

The weights for this boat have been claimed from 5t to 8ton depending on which report you read, a Farrier F44sc according to Ian Farrier weighs between 5-6 ton empty depending on materials and that is vacum bagged foam.

An ORMA 60 tri is around 6t,Ellen's Tri was around 8ton from memory.

The FH is built from heavy materials yet it is still light for its length which might indicate how much structure has been left out.

Look at the frames, have you ever seen any frames made like that before with daylight showing between frame and outer skin?

Look at the floor to wall join on the left side at the bow, with no watertight bulkhead aft of that....

Its not the build that will kill them it is the crappy design, this boat is expected to cross oceans yet it is not even suitable for smooth water.

As for materials, the designer usually tells the builder what is acceptable to use.

I would like to see more criticism of the inadequate design which created this shipwreck looking for a place to happen.

Attention aboard the Flyin Hawaiian

In Richardson Bay there is a free pump out service for anchor-outs.

Please call MT Head

(650) 483-5689

And the Harbor Master, Bill Price, is a good guy. He can also help you make arrangements to dispose your vessel at the Army Corps of Engineers Dock, home of Raccoon

Report from our new on-site reporter in Sausalito:

Waterworld II?

Someone call Kevin Costner's agent.

Why not?

It's not like Kevin C is a pure A lister,

KC on a silver painted FH?

Low budget, great plot and great script, Water World 2?

Only because he went all Hannibal Lecter on Pat Lopez.

Another option would be a fiction about a meth cooking boat; something like Breaking Bad just mobile and in the south pacific.

Or just a survival tale about rednecks traveling the seas. OR?

Well that's good to hear, thanks for letting us know.

Attention aboard the Flyin Hawaiian

In Richardson Bay there is a free pump out service for anchor-outs.

Umm... I'm fairly sure that's not true.

Helpful info for those visiting and intending to swat in Richardson Bay.

http://rbra.ca.gov/general_info.html

They have been trying to get derelict boats out of the RB for years, with little success. However, a 65' behemoth isn't going to go unnoticed. Should have gone to the Delta.

Great web page; magnified chart from http://rbra.ca.gov/SausalitoMarineMap.pdf

sausalito_chart.png

Guy has assumed control. Having much fun. Today we moved the yacht closer to the AC venue. Guy submitted our entry for the first race of the Super Yacht Regatta on September 9th. Enjoying the company of some very lovely ladies. It is a pleasure to be on the water once again.

Huzzah!

HR is Bound for Sea. He has always maintained that the open ocean was his goal en-route to SD then HI. He fought a flood tide and opposing winds to reach an anchorage one ebb from the Gate. All he has to do now to realize his dream is raise anchor. . .

You guys realize that there are entire countries who don't have an intelligence network this vast, quick or accurate?

+100000 I love it Castro needs to call me, I can organize a coup...

C'mon, Viking is getting it done. Different bloodlines? He seems to be making decent decisions.

Pictures from the BIG tow, including a pair that (along with HR's mug shot from Sutter County) proves that they had a friend or hired gun who helped with the move, probably by driving the Bayliner. Also, a heartbreaking portrait of FH pointed straight at Hawaii just before they made the big right turn into Sausalito. Otherwise they pretty much speak for themselves. No obvious signs of damage I could see as they completed this journey, but I'll try to get a closer look tomorrow.

FH and the Bayliner Mixing with The Big guys On The Bay

Passing Angel Island harbor

Three Sightseers On The Bow

The Mystery Bayliner Driver, not HR (in Jail) or Viking (on the bow)

Sailing Lookie-Loos check out the Beige Behemoth in Raccoon Strait

Next Stop Hawaii?   or Richardson Bay?

I dont expect to see HR outside lockup for at least a year. This arrest is serious --as alleged, it shows that he is a danger to self and others.

You seem to be confusing things.Danger to self and others is grounds for a 72 hour psychiatric hold that must be initiated by a peace officer. In cali, it's referred to as a 5150. Afaik, he has not been put on such a hold. Rather, he was arrested for bench warrants regarding driving without a license or on a suspended license. I forget which. But I'm pretty sure that both are misdemeanors. If the DA decides to charge him with assault and battery, it will be a criminal charge and has not a thing to do with protecting himself and/or the public. Which is what the 5150 is designed to do. HTH! HAND!

5150 is a Van Halen album. PC 5150 is a 72 hr hold, can be directed by others than law enforcement. Doesn't usually relate to criminal behavior. Tell your doctor you are contemplating suicide, boom, you get 5150'd. I'm talking about PC 2962. This is for holding criminals (parolees) who have already done their time. In Cali, lets say you have a mental disorder and shoplift a candy bar and kick the store manager in the shin when they try to apprehend you. You might do a year for battery and then get paroled to the State Hospital as a mentally disordered offender, MDO, until you are better, or until never. Or maybe you get mad at the Harbor Master and bite his finger. Same thing can happen. Sorry about the confusion.

So what 65-footer is aground near Marin Bay ? Was anyone watching the webcam at Racoon Straight when the FH went through?

SHIT it is moving...geez... Someone get close enough to throw a bat beacon on him so we can track the dang thing,,,,,

SHIT it is moving...geez... Someone get close enough to throw a bat beacon on him so we can track the dang thing,,,,,

A Spot and GoPro on the cabintop. They'll never notice.

By the way, what is a Harbor Master in CA? Here in RI, they are law enforcement officers... Apparently not out there?

Typically harbormasters are employees of whatever entity owns the marina, be it public or private. They are not, however, LEOs.

Someone deserves just a little credit here - pulling that thing up Raccoon Straits with a little shitbox ski boat takes balls if nothing else. And had the shitbox died, it would have been a colossal mess all over the shores of Tiburon. I wouldn't have bet on them making it - but like everyone else I've underestimated this gang for awhile now. Don't think their stay in Sausalito will be either long nor pleasant - if they thought they were being harassed near LL, they ain't seen nothing yet. Smitty's should do OK though. HR's family will likely blend in well with some of the other anchor outs.

The FH hasn't sunk, they are clearly getting better at moving her in adverse conditions. They are one ebb from Sea. Planned next stop is San Diego so major provisions are not yet a concern. SF Bay has not been welcoming. Perhaps they will simply slip out on the next ebb. Since that was only a couple of hours ago, perhaps they are already gone. . .

The FH hasn't sunk, they are clearly getting better at moving her in adverse conditions. They are one ebb from Sea. Planned next stop is San Diego so major provisions are not yet a concern. SF Bay has not been welcoming. Perhaps they will simply slip out on the next ebb. Since that was only a couple of hours ago, perhaps they are already gone. . .

I doubt even the HR clan is foolish enough to try that until the thing can at least move under its own power. People keep calling it a "boat," but I think a prerequisite to being a boat is that it can move under its own power. Until then, its a barge. I doubt FH will ever move under its own power, hence its never leaving.

I doubt even the HR clan is foolish enough to try that until the thing can at least move under its own power. People keep calling it a "boat," but I think a prerequisite to being a boat is that it can move under its own power. Until then, its a barge. I doubt FH will ever move under its own power, hence its never leaving.

We'll see. The sailplan of FH is complete. It has sails and might be expected to move under its own power once out of the treacherous SF Bay winds and currents and into the umm, pacific Pacific. The FH's Builder and Master has a plan and I've seen nothing to suggest that the plan has changed.

We'll see. The sailplan of FH is complete. It has sails and might be expected to move under its own power once out of the treacherous SF Bay winds and currents and into the umm, pacific Pacific. The FH's Builder and Master has a plan and I've seen nothing to suggest that the plan has changed.
Well,let's see: HR is still in jail. Even with their great success today, I doubt if FH goes anywhere until HR clears up his issues and gets back on FH.

if it's gunna happin,

it's gunna happen

"wherever they are"

The ark is now with other semi floating shitholes. They will fit right in, they were lucky it did not sink when on the mud. Now they are in water 24 hours. Sinking pool anyone?

The ark is now with other semi floating shitholes. They will fit right in, they were lucky it did not sink when on the mud. Now they are in water 24 hours. Sinking pool anyone?

WTF are you talking about? Sausalito? Those "floating shitholes" are probably worth more than your gross earnings for the next 50 years. :)

By the way, what is a Harbor Master in CA? Here in RI, they are law enforcement officers... Apparently not out there?

Typically harbormasters are employees of whatever entity owns the marina, be it public or private. They are not, however, LEOs.

The Harbormaster in Redondo Beach/King Harbor, California is part of the Redondo Beach Fire Department... not an LEO?

Well,let's see: HR is still in jail. Even with their great success today, I doubt if FH goes anywhere until HR clears up his issues and gets back on FH.

California has a suburb catch and release program going on. The Feds have demanded that CA release yet more. Doubt that HR will remain incarcerated long.

The article on Richardson Bay quoted above was a very good read.

fuck off and show some tits. welcome! want to add anything of substance to the conversation?

The Harbormaster in Redondo Beach/King Harbor, California is part of the Redondo Beach Fire Department... not an LEO?

Firefighters are not typically Law Enforcement Officers.

WTF are you talking about? Sausalito? Those "floating shitholes" are probably worth more than your gross earnings for the next 50 years. :)

I'm guessing you haven't spent much time on Richardsons Bay. Most of the anchor-outs are barely afloat and every winter storm dumps a few of them on the shores of Tiburon. Most of them are old woodies or Coronado 25's etc.

Firefighters are not typically Law Enforcement Officers.

Fair enough.

I dont expect to see HR outside lockup for at least a year. This arrest is serious --as alleged, it shows that he is a danger to self and others.

You seem to be confusing things.Danger to self and others is grounds for a 72 hour psychiatric hold that must be initiated by a peace officer. In cali, it's referred to as a 5150. Afaik, he has not been put on such a hold. Rather, he was arrested