U20guy2

65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

That is some random junky piece of plywood that I turned into a dish draining table at least four years ago. I would not have done this with a nice piece of wood. It would not surprise me if it has been in the weather ten years, but I really don't recall.

The blue and white paints were used on the hulls and decks of my friend's whale watching boats two years ago. They are quality two-part marine paints, but I don't remember the brand.

So the answer to the relevant question for this thread, how long junky plywood lasts, is: longer than my memory.

And yes, it's a hillbilly sink. I thought about cropping it out, but figured you all would enjoy it.

Pressure washing the protective layer of mold off the house would expose the siding to UV degradation.

This is my first post here, though I have lurked for many years; so have at it, you other maniacs :wacko: .

Then the requisite greeting and mandatory graphical postings need not be explained?

Need to respect tradition and custom, as they say.

Whatever's customary, I'm all for tradition & customs. Especially like TBob's 180 gennie above, heh, needs some telltales though...

This is my first post here, though I have lurked for many years; so have at it, you other maniacs :wacko: .

Then the requisite greeting and mandatory graphical postings need not be explained?

Need to respect tradition and custom, as they say.

Whatever's customary, I'm all for tradition & customs. Especially like TBob's 180 gennie above, heh, needs some telltales though...

Well?

Well, I thought I would see what I could find out about plywood boats. As I really dig history I looked up the old WW2 PT boats.

Sadly they are in fact not plywood but 2 layers of Mahogany planks with glue and canvas between. Frames appeared to be spaced 12" or so.

http://www.pt103.com/PT_Boat_Components_Hull.html

Maybe you're on to something... HR's plan is to go booze cruising, get FH cut in half by a Nip destroyer, then run for President!

We can only hope that when HR returns refreshed from his state sponsored vacation, he'll have a renewed enthusiasm for the project and beat the odds once again.

Knew a fellow who wasn't terribly good at the whole life thing, but was tremendously good at painting himself into corners. When it all got too complicated -- hating his job, relationship on the rocks, can't make the rent payment, booze and drugs eating him alive -- he'd just do some stupid little thing to get himself tossed in jail. Nothing that would rise to a state level, just 30-90 days in the local clink.

Roof over his head and three squares! After some months, he'd come out clean & sober with most of life's complications gone: no more shitty job, relationship truly buried, evicted from fleabag apartment & all his possessions tossed in the landlord's dumpster. It was like being born afresh. And he'd have the whole downward spiral to look forward to again.

Self-sabotage is a curious animal. For the first time in awhile, that damned boat is not Mr. Lane's chief & immediate problem. That has to be a relief of sorts, don't you think?

Newbie Oberon5, fuck off!!! :angry:

Seriously I am sick to my stomach from your picture and then all you wankers reposting the picture in your replies just made it worse.

Can somebody help a Brother out with a more pleasant image???

His first post, complete with image was most artful:

tits.jpg

Some of my work is artful, but art is destined to be processed by man subjectively. You may not like everything I post.

We can only hope that when HR returns refreshed from his state sponsored vacation, he'll have a renewed enthusiasm for the project and beat the odds once again.

Knew a fellow who wasn't terribly good at the whole life thing, but was tremendously good at painting himself into corners. When it all got too complicated -- hating his job, relationship on the rocks, can't make the rent payment, booze and drugs eating him alive -- he'd just do some stupid little thing to get himself tossed in jail. Nothing that would rise to a state level, just 30-90 days in the local clink.

Roof over his head and three squares! After some months, he'd come out clean & sober with most of life's complications gone: no more shitty job, relationship truly buried, evicted from fleabag apartment & all his possessions tossed in the landlord's dumpster. It was like being born afresh. And he'd have the whole downward spiral to look forward to again.

Self-sabotage is a curious animal. For the first time in awhile, that damned boat is not Mr. Lane's chief & immediate problem. That has to be a relief of sorts, don't you think?

Spot. F'ing. On.

Sausalito PIX of FH! So I drove down to Sausalito today to try to find FH in its new home. No problemo. The Beige Behemoth stands out anywhere. It's a little south of a line between Clipper Yacht Harbor and the blocked-off south end of West Shore Road in Belvedere, anchored just to the east of the anchored-out fleet. (See first picture) The bad news is that there's no place to get an easy close-up view like we had off Spinnaker Point. He's around half a mile from the Belvedere Shore and even farther from Sausalito. You'll need a decent scope to see any kind of detail.

Probably the best viewpoint is from the Belvedere side. Drive to the end of West Shore Road. At the end, where it's blocked off you can walk up a little switchback that was once part of the street. A little way up there's a clearing and a viewing bench that will give you a great view of FH against the Sausalito shore. The 3rd picture was taken from there. The other was taken from the point in Clipper on the Sausalito side.

What doesn't show in the pictures, but was obvious through the scope, is that the long tow from San Rafael did take a toll. The forward-most panel on the outside of the port bow now has a very obvious raised seam line running the full width of the panel directly aft of the spot with the visible tape repair from where they carved it up with the anchor rode. Somehow between the pressure of the tow line against inadequate structure and the pressures of plowing through the water for 2 - 3 hours, something is seriously wet, working or both.

Finally, because some of the non-locals seemed to have trouble grasping the vast culture gap that separates the beautiful people in the Sausalito marinas and the more "independent" :unsure: anchor-out folk, I shot pix of just a few primo anchor-out examples. From these it should be clear that 1) HR may have found his people and 2) In this crowd FH could well be the queen of the fleet.

FH Sausalito position Aug 15

FH from Sausalito Clipper Aug 15

FH from West Shore Dr Belv Aug 15

Anchor-out example No 1

Anchor-out example No 2

Anchor-out example No 3 (& 4?)

Finally, we need someone down closer to the Sausalito area to take over as reporter/photographer, ideally someone who can develop some of the dockside crowd (which is vastly bigger than at Loch Lomand) as auxiliary eyes and ears. There's no way I can continue to run all the way down there every day to do this, especially since I suspect they're going to just sit there doing nothing at least until HR rejoins them. If someone is wiling to step forward and take over daily coverage, I've got an extra scope I'd be willing to lend you. (Seriously. Send me a PM)

Thanks so much Spoffo for all your work. Fantastic coverage, and it was great to have the tread touch reality from time to time.

... ideally someone who can develop some of the dockside crowd (which is vastly bigger than at Loch Lomand) as auxiliary eyes and ears.

Exactly what a good case officer would do...

Great job Spoffo, thank you!

Spoffo, those of us following this from Oz, thank you for your excellent work, and photos.

What with the police reports, google maps of where he is / going to / should be, it makes heaps easier from so far away...

HR. is a world-wide celebrity, now just needs someone with the smarts to parlay this into a cash cow.

nana here i can tow you for i cheese burger tomorrow. thx no prob look at my aquabeast either fh is lite as hell or my motor kicks ass i will be selling t shirts with SA logo next week .the hawaiian grls next week . we maynot get to hawaii but thw grls are on the way and big grls float

Well done and thanks Spoffo. From this distance you certainly helped make it all easier to understand.

Enjoy your retirement (writing the book perchance?)

sexy_women_with_tiny_waists_and_huge_bre

Is this shot badly photo-shopped, from a computer game, or does she have that weird of a figure?

Spoffo, nobody expect you to go there every day to get updates, we expect it hourly!

Kidding, you have done a very excellent job! If you can do better than once a week I'd be very thankful, Actually I be thankful for way less than that.

With the following that this thread has had I wouldn't think it will be to long before someone closer picks up the torch.

Thanks to Spoffo and others for your work. Keep it up where and when you can.

Is this shot badly photo-shopped, from a computer game, or does she have that weird of a figure?

She has a small waist , she looks nice and curvy to me.

Very odd shaped tits silicone though

Fixed

Is there anyone else here in the media field?

Are there any Hollywood people here?

Personally, I wouldn't give a $1 for this craft to cross the pacific; yet I could see FH being worth over 100 thousand as a TV/Movie prop. If you were to contract the building of a prop you are going to use and then blow up; 100G's seems fairly cheap.

If you were to create a TV reality series than the FH and crew may be priceless.

As a writer I would be happy to write a script for a TV "reality" series; if anyone here has any connections in the LA production industry. Please PM me. This could be a great "out" for the crew and a great way to move this story forward.

I'm a prop & set guy in NYC. I'd charge 250k to make this thing. It wouldn't float, but then again, FH won't for much longer...

As of 0700 today HR is still in the cooler.

Sutter County Sheriff - Inmate Details

Last Updated: 8/16/2013 at 7:00 AM

LANE, JAMES JOHN

Eyes:

Hair:

Height:

Race:

Sex:

Weight:

Inmate Number:

Booking Date:

Arresting Agency:

Bail Amount: 52

BRO

BRO

5'10"

W

M

170 lbs.

8/14/2013

SCSO

$11000.00 *

To receive notification on any custody changes for this offender:

Register for the Automated Victim Information and Notification Service (VINE)

* Actual Bail should be confirmed by contacting the Sutter County Jail at (530) 822-7302.

Visiting Schedule:

30 minutes per visit

Saturday

8:30 AM to 10:00 AM,

12:30 PM to 2:00 PM

Charge Code Charge Disposition

14601.1(A) DRIVE:LIC SUSPENDED/ #2806

40508(a) FAIL T/APPEAR:WRIT P #2806 $11,000

24601 LIGHT-NONE LICENSE #2806

Back to Inmate List

I'm imagining when Viking visits dad in jail to tell him about the move down to Sausalito. I'm paraphrasing, of course.

V: "Dad, we got FH moved but the tow made the boat start to come apart. Maybe there is something to what the critics have been saying?"

HR: "Son you are fucking crazy. I'm an expert carpenter so if the boat is damaged it's clearly your fault. Stick you finger over here so I can bite it."

The way I see it there are two possibilities, one being that everyone in the family is delusionally ignorant and the other is that it's only HR. My hope is that it's the latter and somewhere during the tow the other day everyone aboard began to develop some nagging doubts about the viability of this enterprise and the dawning realization that Dad is batshit crazy.

Batshit crazy, no; It's the delusional syndrome suggested on an earlier page, I don't remember the name of it, but when i googled it, it described Hot Rod to a tee!!

Spoffo, Thank you for all your outstanding work, it is truly appreciated! Please still try to sneak out there once in a while.

Clean, Stop jerking off at some Grand Prix event with a bunch of sausages that have tons of money and even bigger egos and get your happy ass out to CA. Do an onboard video interview with HR on the deck of the FH and post on the front page. Guarantee you won’t be getting the “what’s a front page” jokes for a while if you can pull that off!!! :lol:

Cheers to you Spoffo!

Can't believe there are no SA users in the Sausalito area.

Hobie - I'm pretty sure Clean and the Ed are avoiding this thread on purpose.

Cheers to you Spoffo!

Can't believe there are no SA users in the Sausalito area.

Hobie - I'm pretty sure Clean and the Ed are avoiding this thread on purpose.

maybe so, but FH finally made the front page...

Batshit crazy, no; It's the delusional syndrome suggested on an earlier page, I don't remember the name of it, but when i googled it, it described Hot Rod to a tee!!

You might be referring to my suggestion of narcissistic personality disorder.

I don' t think HR's mental condition is anything mysterious. Every drunken redneck I've ever known has acted somewhat like he does. The key is that he is a drunk; sober rednecks typically don't act like this (I know a thing or two about rednecks having lived in either Florida and Texas all my life). Most of them have a Christian world view and a strong sense of morality (at least in the South). Although I am a white collar professional with an education, I have more respect for the redneck class than for any other group (the sober ones of course). When the government eventually screws us completely, the food supply chain is gone, and armored tanks are rolling through our neighborhoods, I'll be hanging out with the "rednecks"- not the pussified yuppie types. People such as most serious sailors, who know how to survive at sea, would be a close second. Now, in my next post, I will try to come up with some more choice sweeping generalizations and paranoid conspiracy scenarios....

I'm a prop & set guy in NYC. I'd charge 250k to make this thing. It wouldn't float, but then again, FH won't for much longer...

There ya go. What's Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber working on these days? Some colored lights, a few aerial dancers, and an overblown, derivative score.... This could be the watery equivalent of Starlight Express!

FLO_1_td27star1_172032_1027.jpg

HotRod! (the musical)

In which a family of misfits builds a large multihull out of scavenged parts, in defiance of all critics & meddling officials, and sails off into the sunset.

Starring: HotRod (Ian Gillan), Viking (Jack Black), SheRod (Lady Gaga, if we can get her), Ma Clampett (Sarah Brightman), and Guy LeDouche (himself). Also Spoffo (an intrepid reporter), a Chorus of Cynics (live-stream Sailing Anarchy?), Meester Lopez (A Villain), and the voice of Lil'Murray from the bilge.

Features the hit songs:

"Vikings of Silicon Valley"

"More Saving, More Doing"

"Hawaii, Here We Come"

"I Don't Know How to Sail This"

"Little Bayliner That Could"

"Yer All Gonna Die HaHaHa"(chorus)

"He Bite-a My Thumb!"

"Sutter County Hoosegow"

"That Sinking Feeling"

"Vikings of Silicon Valley" (reprise)

---------

The Lairds of Sausalito get free seats in the mezzanine. Should stop their bitchin'.

Or the delusion of adequacy syndrome...name escapes me.

Yes, there was a specific name for it, and the wikipedia definition was spot on for Hot Rod.

Thanks Spoffo - you've done yeoman service keeping the voyeur classes informed.

Has the FH found its final resting place? Seems likely.

Looks like that anchor out fleet is the same as the one we had in False Creek - decent and well kept boats interspersed with floating garbage scows. Those assholes fuck it up for everyone - here they caused the powers that be to clear out the anchorage and put a time limit in place complete with the need for a permit - each time you anchor. The upshot was that the anchor outs had to move to English Bay, an open roadstead. There have been many boats that ended up on the rocks as a result of the exposed conditions.

All because of a handful of low rent trash that made the anchorage look like a garbage dump.

It should be noted that available dockage is essentially non-existent here, as is live aboard moorage - those same powers block every attempt to improve the situation.

"Thanks to Marin News." Seriously?

The paper is the Marin Independent Journal. The story appeared under the heading "Marin News" ... as in "here's what's happening locally."

Brilliant journalism there, Ed and Clean. Copy and paste without even getting the name of the source straight. Did you ask permission?

I don' t think HR's mental condition is anything mysterious. Every drunken redneck I've ever known has acted somewhat like he does. The key is that he is a drunk; sober rednecks typically don't act like this (I know a thing or two about rednecks having lived in either Florida and Texas all my life). Most of them have a Christian world view and a strong sense of morality (at least in the South). Although I am a white collar professional with an education, I have more respect for the redneck class than for any other group (the sober ones of course). When the government eventually screws us completely, the food supply chain is gone, and armored tanks are rolling through our neighborhoods, I'll be hanging out with the "rednecks"- not the pussified yuppie types. People such as most serious sailors, who know how to survive at sea, would be a close second. Now, in my next post, I will try to come up with some more choice sweeping generalizations and paranoid conspiracy scenarios....
the site is already facing one lawsuit. Your armchair mental diagnosis is flirting with lible. Knock it off before hot rod end up with another legal settlement

There ya go. What's Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber working on these days? Some colored lights, a few aerial dancers, and an overblown, derivative score.... This could be the watery equivalent of Starlight Express!

FLO_1_td27star1_172032_1027.jpg

HotRod! (the musical)

In which a family of misfits builds a large multihull out of scavenged parts, in defiance of all critics & meddling officials, and sails off into the sunset.

Starring: HotRod (Ian Gillan), Viking (Jack Black), SheRod (Lady Gaga, if we can get her), Ma Clampett (Sarah Brightman), and Guy LeDouche (himself). Also Spoffo (an intrepid reporter), a Chorus of Cynics (live-stream Sailing Anarchy?), Meester Lopez (A Villain), and the voice of Lil'Murray from the bilge.

Features the hit songs:

"Vikings of Silicon Valley"

"More Saving, More Doing"

"Hawaii, Here We Come"

"I Don't Know How to Sail This"

"Little Bayliner That Could"

"Yer All Gonna Die HaHaHa"(chorus)

"He Bite-a My Thumb!"

"Sutter County Hoosegow"

"That Sinking Feeling"

"Vikings of Silicon Valley" (reprise)

---------

The Lairds of Sausalito get free seats in the mezzanine. Should stop their bitchin'.

Yes, but unlike HR and FH making it to Hawaii, this show actually did make it to it's intended destination, Broadway.

Looks like that anchor out fleet is the same as the one we had in False Creek - decent and well kept boats interspersed with floating garbage scows. Those assholes fuck it up for everyone - here they caused the powers that be to clear out the anchorage and put a time limit in place complete with the need for a permit

that pretty well describes Richardson Bay and how easy it is to find anchorages around here. Thanks HR and his fellow travelers.

The difference is that you can find dockage all over in SF Bay and it isn't even that expensive - here you have to buy a boat with a berth or you're SOL. Some marinas are charging way over $20/Ft here and typically they're in the teens.

How about $1500/month for a 50' in False Creek? $18K a year for a parking spot! :o

How about sending Clean over for an innerview now that the FH is closer to the AC action

That's not nice, you just want to see Clean get "reg army".

The difference is that you can find dockage all over in SF Bay and it isn't even that expensive - here you have to buy a boat with a berth or you're SOL. Some marinas are charging way over $20/Ft here and typically they're in the teens.

How about $1500/month for a 50' in False Creek? $18K a year for a parking spot! :o

Well...If you call your money "loonies", what would you expect other than lunacy?

By the way, why don't you guys call the $2 coin a "doubloon"?

Yes, there was a specific name for it, and the wikipedia *definition was spot on for Hot Rod.

*What do you call a person who "thinks":

they are the "Latest Big Thing"

And Everyone wants to be their friend

In-Mate :o:lol::lol::lol:

coat hat ore B)

Well...If you call your money "loonies", what would you expect other than lunacy?

By the way, why don't you guys call the $2 coin a "doubloon"?

A missed opportunity - it's call a "Toonie" (twonie) instead.

The paper is the Marin Independent Journal. The story appeared under the heading "Marin News" ... as in "here's what's happening locally."

Brilliant journalism there, Ed and Clean. Copy and paste without even getting the name of the source straight. Did you ask permission?

Ha, the Marin Independent Journal probably got most of the story from reading Spoffo's reports here.

LANE, JAMES JOHN

Eyes:

Hair:

Height:

Race:

Sex:

Weight:

Inmate Number:

Booking Date:

Arresting Agency:

BRO

BRO

5'10"

W

M

170 lbs.

8/14/2013

SCSO

$11000.00 *

* Actual Bail should be confirmed by contacting the Sutter County Jail at (530) 822-7302.

Visiting Schedule:

30 minutes per visit

Saturday

Back to Inmate List

Someone should go visit....

HotRod might be several other kinds of crazy dumbass, but he's not a redneck in any sense we'd recognize around here. All the rednecks I've known could build stuff, drunk or sober... typically would be proud of OVERbuilding anything they put their hand to. Rednecks might tell tales but a redneck generally does not lie about himself; he grew up in a small town where everybody knows if he's a meteorologist or pilot or whatever, so there's no point in lying. A rednecks dream of paradise is generally either woods to hunt in, or creeks to fish in, very much like what they grew up around... not taking off to Hawaii. And a redneck would not bite somebody he was fighting with.

FB- Doug

Sausalito PIX of FH! So I drove down to Sausalito today to try to find FH in its new home. No problemo. The Beige Behemoth stands out anywhere. It's a little south of a line between Clipper Yacht Harbor and the blocked-off south end of West Shore Road in Belvedere, anchored just to the east of the anchored-out fleet. (See first picture) The bad news is that there's no place to get an easy close-up view like we had off Spinnaker Point. He's around half a mile from the Belvedere Shore and even farther from Sausalito. You'll need a decent scope to see any kind of detail.

Probably the best viewpoint is from the Belvedere side. Drive to the end of West Shore Road. At the end, where it's blocked off you can walk up a little switchback that was once part of the street. A little way up there's a clearing and a viewing bench that will give you a great view of FH against the Sausalito shore. The 3rd picture was taken from there. The other was taken from the point in Clipper on the Sausalito side.

What doesn't show in the pictures, but was obvious through the scope, is that the long tow from San Rafael did take a toll. The forward-most panel on the outside of the port bow now has a very obvious raised seam line running the full width of the panel directly aft of the spot with the visible tape repair from where they carved it up with the anchor rode. Somehow between the pressure of the tow line against inadequate structure and the pressures of plowing through the water for 2 - 3 hours, something is seriously wet, working or both.

Finally, because some of the non-locals seemed to have trouble grasping the vast culture gap that separates the beautiful people in the Sausalito marinas and the more "independent" :unsure: anchor-out folk, I shot pix of just a few primo anchor-out examples. From these it should be clear that 1) HR may have found his people and 2) In this crowd FH could well be the queen of the fleet.

Finally, we need someone down closer to the Sausalito area to take over as reporter/photographer, ideally someone who can develop some of the dockside crowd (which is vastly bigger than at Loch Lomand) as auxiliary eyes and ears. There's no way I can continue to run all the way down there every day to do this, especially since I suspect they're going to just sit there doing nothing at least until HR rejoins them. If someone is wiling to step forward and take over daily coverage, I've got an extra scope I'd be willing to lend you. (Seriously. Send me a PM)

Many thanks for the great coverage... much appreciated by those not so close...

Yes, there was a specific name for it, and the wikipedia definition was spot on for Hot Rod.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

Yes, thanks, Euoropaflyer!!

"Dunning–Kruger effect

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than average. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their mistakes.[1]

Actual competence may weaken self-confidence, as competent individuals may falsely assume that others have an equivalent understanding. David Dunning and Justin Kruger of Cornell University conclude, "the miscalibration of the incompetent stems from an error about the self, whereas the miscalibration of the highly competent stems from an error about others".[2]

The phenomenon was first tested in a series of experiments performed by Dunning and Kruger.[2][3] Dunning and Kruger noted earlier studies suggesting that ignorance of standards of performance is behind a great deal of incompetence. This pattern was seen in studies of skills as diverse as reading comprehension, operating a motor vehicle, and playing chess or tennis.

Dunning and Kruger proposed that, for a given skill, incompetent people will:

1. tend to overestimate their own level of skill;
  2. fail to recognize genuine skill in others;
  3. fail to recognize the extremity of their inadequacy;
  4. recognize and acknowledge their own previous lack of skill, if they are exposed to training for that skill.

Dunning has since drawn an analogy ("the anosognosia of everyday life")[1][4] with a condition in which a person who suffers a physical disability because of brain injury seems unaware of or denies the existence of the disability, even for dramatic impairments such as blindness or paralysis.

Ha, the Marin Independent Journal probably got most of the story from reading Spoffo's reports here.

Don't forget Meurrit's reporting before SPoffo picked it up. And pics. These two guys seriously earned some swag; esp if the story has landed on the front page. ... wait a minute, there is no front page... but still, how about it!!

FB- Doug

some one should call over to ACEA and point out that during the ACtual racing

this thread has more lookie-loos than AC-Anarcky and AC-Anarcky has more lookie-loos than the race on YouTOOb

for the "Right Amount" payable to the Posters of this thread who go by their Real Names

we could arrange to have the FH towed to Marina Green for two weeks for DissPlay

then on PPV the FH could be towed around between the Piers and the Raccoon could have it's way

ACEA would have a Hit All could relate to + All the FH problems would be over

Lives would be spared and ACEA could post HR's Bail in CASH & fly them all down to some Island 1st class = The End

Don't forget Meurrit's reporting before SPoffo picked it up. And pics. These two guys seriously earned some swag; esp if the story has landed on the front page. ... wait a minute, there is no front page... but still, how about it!!

FB- Doug

could they have been reporters working undercover on the story ??

No they did too good a job to be reporters - nevermind.

Just read La Vie en Douche this morning, which got me to thinkun...

If HR can find a couple of cheap Mac 26's with 50hp Mercs on Craiglist or Ebay, he could lag bolt them to each side of the FH and have a way cool quadramaran,

with the added bonus of a very nice bachelor pad for Mikey on one side and an in-law apt. for Mom on the other.

Anybody have some laying around?

Front Page write-up for those who are sworn never to open the front page....LOL

James “Hot Rod” Lane’s dream of building a boat and sailing to Hawaii is turning into a nightmare. Instead of being aboard his “Flyin’ Hawaiian” catamaran on his journey to a new life in the shadow of Diamond Head, Lane was cooling his heels Tuesday in the Marin County Jail.

The 52-year-old jack of all trades was arrested Monday after he got into a fight with Pat Lopez, harbor master of San Rafael’s Loch Lomond Marina, and bit Lopez’s right middle finder “almost to the bone,” according to San Rafael Police spokeswoman Margo Rohrbacher. The bloody scrap came during a heated argument over Lane’s continuing use of the marina’s facilities even though his 65-foot-long, twin-hulled boat left Loch Lomond in June.

Since then, the eight-ton beige behemoth, which Lane built in the Loch Lomond parking lot with his 28-year-old son, Michael, has been stuck in the mud off Spinnaker Point southwest of the yacht harbor. Read on. Thanks to Marin News.

Front Page write-up for those who are sworn never to open the front page....LOL

James “Hot Rod” Lane’s dream of building a boat and sailing to Hawaii is turning into a nightmare. Instead of being aboard his “Flyin’ Hawaiian” catamaran on his journey to a new life in the shadow of Diamond Head, Lane was cooling his heels Tuesday in the Marin County Jail.

The 52-year-old jack of all trades was arrested Monday after he got into a fight with Pat Lopez, harbor master of San Rafael’s Loch Lomond Marina, and bit Lopez’s right middle finder “almost to the bone,” according to San Rafael Police spokeswoman Margo Rohrbacher. The bloody scrap came during a heated argument over Lane’s continuing use of the marina’s facilities even though his 65-foot-long, twin-hulled boat left Loch Lomond in June.

Since then, the eight-ton beige behemoth, which Lane built in the Loch Lomond parking lot with his 28-year-old son, Michael, has been stuck in the mud off Spinnaker Point southwest of the yacht harbor. Read on. Thanks to Marin News.

The only thing wrong about this summary is that ... Marin News got the info from S.A. posters....... They knew nothing about this until WE told them.... but as someone said, SA is better then NSA...... (for those that are not aware, NSA is a super secret spy agency. the initials stand for Not (quite) Sailing Anarchy....

LANE, JAMES JOHN

Eyes:

Hair:

Height:

Race:

Sex:

Weight:

Inmate Number:

Booking Date:

Arresting Agency:

BRO

BRO

5'10"

W

M

170 lbs.

8/14/2013

SCSO

$11000.00 *

Visiting Schedule:

30 minutes per visit

Saturday

Back to Inmate List

Someone should go visit....

1,2,3...Not IT!

big time boat porn....

sorry just a link...but way worth it if you havent seen it!!!

Thanks! I needed that!

s

for the "Right Amount" payable to the Posters of this thread who go by their Real Names

well, that would be me, I've signed my first name on a post or two and the last name is the lowercase. I shouldn't be hard to look up.

as I was saying, ...in California, if the perp has a severe mental disorder, some seemingly minor violent crimes can put you in lockup for a very, very, very long time.

Ramwell2010 said: your armchair speculation is reckless and inappropriate. Low, even by the standards of this site

so, Ramwell, tell me, when did you first experience these feelings?

Marin News got the info from S.A. posters...

I'll say it again: There is no such newspaper or website as Marin News. The story is from the Marin Independent Journal's website.

Besides, the "finger bitten almost to the bone" is more information than SA had.

Marin News got the info from S.A. posters...

I'll say it again: There is no such newspaper or website as Marin News. The story is from the Marin Independent Journal's website.

Besides, the "finger bitten almost to the bone" is more information than SA had.

Sew much finger pointing going on around here

OMG! I just realized that I omitted an incredibly important detail about FH's new location. The locals have probably already noticed it, but for the rest of you . . .

Raccoon Awaits Map

They literally could not have found a closer spot for their final(?) resting place. Less than a mile away.
Here's a little more detail on their new neighbor.

Raccoon In port

http://www.spn.usace.army.mil/Missions/Recreation/BayModelVisitorCenter/StudentExploration/TheRaccoon.aspx

PS: For you non-locals, that giant building next to the grim reaper's dock is the corp of engineers bay model. An engineering marvel only recently made obsolete by computer modeling.

OMG! I just realized that I omitted an incredibly important detail about FH's new location. The locals have probably already noticed it, but for the rest of you . . .

They literally could not have found a closer spot for their final(?) resting place. Less than a mile away.

http://www.spn.usace.army.mil/Missions/Recreation/BayModelVisitorCenter/StudentExploration/TheRaccoon.aspx

PS: For you non-locals, that giant building next to the grim reaper's dock is the corp of engineers bay model. An engineering marvel only recently made obsolete by computer modeling.

from the racoon link:

You Can Help!
Report floating hazards when you see them. Be prepared to leave your name, phone number, exact location of the hazard, time of day when the hazard was sighted and direction of movement.
Report floating hazards to:
San Francisco District Operations Building at (415) 332-0334

Anyone ? .... Anyone?

When you wish Bad Luck to those on the SEA

It Comes Back to Thee

Leave em Be

ain't they hard enough on themselves without any help ! ;)

New reporter? Hate to mention this, but Guy La'D lives in Sausalito.

Oh, that's rich! At least he's making it easy for 'em.

When you wish Bad Luck to those on the SEA

It Comes Back to Thee

Leave em Be

ain't they hard enough on themselves without any help ! ;)

Trust me, we have tried to help, receiving only insults and injuries in return

What is the draft of the M/V Raccoon? Because the FH is sitting about two feet of water.

Spoffo mentioned that the seams were separating, is there any more scoop on that? Or was that an observation through the scope that may be a trick of the light?

I really really hope its not splitting. This thread has the legs to take us through September.

I thought Guy lived in Benecia?

Just read La Vie en Douche this morning, which got me to thinkun...

If HR can find a couple of cheap Mac 26's with 50hp Mercs on Craiglist or Ebay, he could lag bolt them to each side of the FH and have a way cool quadramaran,

with the added bonus of a very nice bachelor pad for Mikey on one side and an in-law apt. for Mom on the other.

Anybody have some laying around?

He had his chance at L.L. but blew THAT as well.

That Karma is some amazing shit.

Man - after the ground tackle parts he will run aground on belvedere island - that there is some expensive real estate

tom perkins has a house there

owner of this

Sailing-Yacht-Maltese-Falcon.jpg

I thought he sold that?

What is the draft of the M/V Raccoon? Because the FH is sitting about two feet of water.

I am told it is three feet

New reporter? Hate to mention this, but Guy La'D lives in Sausalito.

He's too busy with the FH ladies to bother with such tasks as reporting and posting pictures.

Spoffo mentioned that the seams were separating, is there any more scoop on that? Or was that an observation through the scope that may be a trick of the light?

I really really hope its not splitting. This thread has the legs to take us through September.

That was through the scope from about half a mile away, and I couldn't get it to register in pictures, so it wasn't terribly obvious - - just what appeared to be a bulge under the skin running straight back from that taped-up scar across the whole panel. I'd looked at those panels in enough different light from enough different angles when it was at LL to be pretty confident it wasn't there before the long tow. It would be real nice if someone could get a bit closer in a boat and take a good look.

as I was saying, ...in California, if the perp has a severe mental disorder, some seemingly minor violent crimes can put you in lockup for a very, very, very long time.

Ramwell2010 said: your armchair speculation is reckless and inappropriate. Low, even by the standards of this site

so, Ramwell, tell me, when did you first experience these feelings?

Laughed my living ass off.