U20guy2

65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

Not thoughts, past , aka experience. The next one is to get another laugh on u stupids,like i do every time i show, u r , "rong again"!!

Wont move without a crain. Ok stupids

will break into pices if moved. Ok stupids

Will sink for Shure if launched. Ok stupids

Look stupids i don't know who u r or where u came from,and so far u been rong about all u have predicted .i would think u would quit reproveing ur stupidity. But noooooo.

We think ur silly.

You forgot "won't sail well enough to stay off the rocks" still waiting....but if your failure to stay out of the mud is any indication this one looks pretty damn good.

However i hope everyone is wrong and especially hope that should predictions of your boats hold true, no one is lost, not even the dog.

Hay i just want to thank you site guys ,u don't know it but today one of u showed up,the only one ever ,and turned out to b a good guy.some of u could take lessons from him,on how to b a human.

Not thoughts, past , aka experience. The next one is to get another laugh on u stupids,like i do every time i show, u r , "rong again"!!

Please prove us wrong that the Hawai'in isn't a barge and can actually sail. Real actual video. Just having sails up and not moving isn't sailing.

Well guys, the anticipated visitor...visited. Yes I met HR and Viking, for a short guy HR really can tell tall tales, but is a genuinely nice fellow, if HR and run out of breath I might have had a chance to get to know Viking, they both have great sense of humor and you guys are getting jerked around, and dare I day, made to look as foolish as he also appears to be. True believer he is... I won't go into any details of the private conversation, and I didn't go aboard, our transaction was done entirely on the level.

They *can* follow directions, I said 9 am in front of the Sausalito WM, ad *I* parked on the side lot, a better place for my little dog to enjoy the landscaping. They were in the right place at the right time.

We did discuss the incident involving my reporting to police, and apologies all around were offered and accepted

THE RANSOM

lilmurray is indeed being held captive, what we thought was a genset to power the complete workshop on board is lilmurray on an exerciser bike with a 100amp balmar where the drive wheel ought to be. His treatment is said to be fair, considering the invasion of privacy he, spoffo and myself have perpetuated. He's pretty well fed, he gets what ever the pup doesn't want and all he has to do in a day is to keep the 5000amp bank of batteries topped off for the general electrical needs, which are considerable if you include the freezer necessary for Guy's margarita's.

My humble offering of boat gear did get lilmurray an afternoon off though, but full release from captivity will come when they go under the Golden Gate for the first, and last time. He will be tossed in the direction of Ft Point where it is expected that his new found state of fitness, and the sharks, will give him all he needs to swim to shore.

So, there is a list that ought to be forthcoming that will win lilmurray early release, or it could just be a request for unmarked bills. I wasn't clear on the details.

And boy, were there details! Seriously, only one person knows who lilmurray is, and that's himself. HR & Viking have no idea, many people were hosted aboard the FH during construction and took plenty of pics, they remember pics, but not the individuals who took them. SO this mystery of lilmurray goes into the books alongside the Mary Celeste and other nautical mysteries.

Give'em a call, they will enjoy talking to you, and you will be amazed, the HR'FH character we see posting here isn't quite the same as the man in the flesh.

Look stupids i don't know who u r or where u came from,and so far u been rong about all u have predicted .i would think u would quit reproveing ur stupidity. But noooooo.

We think ur silly.

You're right!

By god, when I look at ships and boats that ACTUALLY SAIL, their sides are all flat!

In fact, I just realized the Navy builds battleships out of 2x4s and "1,000s of gallons of resin"

Not only that the stairs are crooked too.

Hats off to HotRod, he is truly a genius and a master.

Oh wait, my bad. Real hulls do have curves. Real boats can go out in wind & waves. Your "boat"s main victory is that it hasn't sunk yet. It has never sailed (as in, actually moved from place to place under control, propelled by sails), and it's anchored in a squatter's dump. Yeah pat yourself on the back HR.

You know what we have in common? Neither of us is impressed by your resume.

FB- Doug

ASA is for pussies... Wanna talk? Get a 100 ton, or a Yachtmasters... Then maybe I will listen to your drivel...

Exactly what do YOU have?
Both... Yachtmasters is accepted worldwide...

WE ARE NOT WORTHY!

Just out of curiosity, how many gallons of water do you pump out of the FH per day?

ASA is for pussies... Wanna talk? Get a 100 ton, or a Yachtmasters... Then maybe I will listen to your drivel...

Both... Yachtmasters is accepted worldwide...

Navy OOD

For that matter, top watch in engineering too (my real job actually)

FB- Doug

Salt,clear,gray or black?

Its not squatters dump. Its chevrons dump. Smart guy!

FH real? Hummmm maybe! ""Umm"""?

No !!! All a lies. I even forged the document.

FH is realy a sockpuppet. Got u. Ha ha ha ha.

Im realy a farmer from salt lake city.

OK so you've had some military experiences, that's not uncommon, and I think we all know the military doesn't exactly do a stellar job of decompressing its solders before releasing them from service and turning them back to the civilian world. However, in the military there's a chain of command, one which is designed to catch as many errors as possible, before any incidents like friendly fire occur. So I'm curious, what do you think is now keeping those aboard FH safe ? The chain of command you depended on in the military is gone, you have to realize that. OK you don't but I guess the question is what will you do now. No one is telling you what to do now, and when you do get feedback, like here on this site, its always very positive.

Do you realize that rather than address the concerns of people who see what your doing and don't quite get it, you react defensively ? The last part of your post quoted above is a great example of that. You'd prefer to believe we're all stupid, is that because your boat is still floating ? Your right, it is, but what condition is it in ? Its been on the rocks several times, in the mud for how long ? Its never gone anywhere under its own power, ever sailed ? Have the sails really every been up Rod, or is that kinda like the claim of 1000 gallons of epoxy ? Whats the sail rig and why be all elusive about explaining it to anyone ?

And what exactly did happen that you ended up biting someones finger and arrested ? And I'm still not really expecting an answer, but just that maybe you'll think about it. Why did you want to return to LL so bad and why do you think they didn't want you there so badly that it ended up with you getting arrested ?

Digressing back into your military service, which must have occurred twenty or so years ago, long time by any measure, is not facing reality today Rod. Today you've spent all your friends and relatives money on a boat that nobody but you believes in. Why doesn't anyone else but you and your son believe in this boat ? What do you suppose everyone else sees but you don't. You've got a phone, its bound to have a camera as you've sent pictures before, right ? So why not send us some pictures of this awesome craftsmanship ?

Again I'm not really expecting any answers, but just maybe that you might think about some of these questions and maybe begin to realize just why it is that people react to you the way they do.

cheers

B

You all are really working way too hard on this. I mean Boston1's novel must mean that his boat is shrinkwrapped and on the hard. A lot of crappy boats have crossed oceans. Ronnie came back on a crappy one sans keel after he refused an AMVER and is considered a hero by most here. Patrick Childhurst went around on a Catalina 27. Tonga Aebi couldn't even navigate when she left...A few Hunters have gone the distance even. Ask more questions and stop offering opinions from your toilet from your tablet. HR may surprise you. Keep him around... And ASA is for pussies... Wanna talk? Get a 100 ton, or a Yachtmasters... Then maybe I will listen to your drivel...

HotRod, I think you will really want a weather router like Commanders and a Single Sideband radio with modem packet. Get Michael Zornes book on weather. Doldrums are almost as bad as bad storms... The path to Hawaii is kinda boring and flat most of the way if run right. Don't let the pundits freak you out... Make sure you get or rent an EPIRB though... Go the HR!

When you first started on thinking the best of HR's design I couldn't disagree with you more. The photos I saw looked like a disaster waiting to happen.

But I'm coming around to your way of thinking. If HR and son really did use 1000 FREAKING GALLONS OF RESIN then delamination and rot are not going to be a concern for a long time. There is still the major Achilles Heel of something less than a monocoque construction and all those joist hangers, not to mention the inadequate steering, but if he fitted it all out that should add significant rigidity and he can fix the steering. That leaves the elephant in the room of the possibly deficient bridge deck support, but it may hold up.

We saw the build happen, and then at some point we no longer saw the build happen, so our opinions may be locked in to our first take.

I think that HR and family can make it to Hawaii.

And if they can't and need a rescue, then okay, I would rather see my tax dollars rescue people who build ill advised follies than some wealthy adventurer who bites off more than he or she can chew. And if they die then they die, at least they're living now ... a lot more than can be said about me as I fruitlessly shuffle papers and contracts in my cubicle.

I can't even figure out why I'd want 100 ton cert. Do those help in the proper handling of Home Depot barges?

We think ur silly.

Boat hasn't sailed. Ok Stupids

Boat can't steer. Ok Stupids

Got kicked out of marina. Ok Stupids

Ran aground. Ok Stupids

Got thrown in jail. Ok Stupids

Had to have CG babysit. Ok Stupids

Have to tow boat everywhere. Ok Stupids

Wasted a ton of money. Ok Stupids

Don't know what 1000 gallons is. Ok Stupid.

I'm home now - spent the last week on my boat on the bay, watching the races, anchoring several days in Sausalito.

When I went back to my slip in Alameda, I checked the Blue Pelican for a shortwave for Dockrat - no bargains there.

(the outboard to my dinghy died at that time too)

Then back in Sausalito, and like before, we were just another one of the many boats at anchor;

sausalitoanchorage_zps06fd303c.jpg

The FH is in this picture... but I couldn't use the dink. They are parked pretty far from most of the boats, and it gets shallow in that direction.

So, Friday morning, when the tide was nice and high, we pulled anchor and motored over there. With only 7 feet of water vs my 5 foot keel, I couldn't stick around.

Sorry Folks, I would have loved to stay and chat, but I was concerned about depth. Based on that, I estimate the FH is in 2 feet at low tide.

I got a few pix for those of you who like to draw lines and measure angles:

fh1_zpsf60a73a2.jpg

112353e9-8937-4f59-bca3-6afb2229e496_zps

fh3_zpsf28502dc.jpg

Sausalito is a very cool place... Gorgeous sunsets and sunrises as the fog tries to claw over the hill, beautiful houses and boats....

sausalitofog_zps61611741.jpg

No punchlines, no pithy comments, just some pictures for your enjoyment.

We think ur silly.

you have a point !!!

it just hasn't come yet ;)

They are capitalist pigs.. Of course they will ship... (Actually they are capitalists, but very kool people.....)

The owner, when asked why he wouldn't participate in the 2010 US Census said, and I quote, "because they count Mexicans!" :angry:

Not a lot of love there.

Not much "kool," either.

that (if true) is not kool... can you source a reference?

that (if true) is not kool... can you source a reference?

It came from the Census worker who was tasked with tracking down why that residence did not respond to the Census.

Someone showed up. Sure. The claim has been made before. In fact by the same purported person Actually saw him at TJ's in front of me tonight. So, the claimed first visit is seemingly a fantasy. More HR bs?

No one from this site ever comes by to visit or say hello.we will play nice. We don't even have a pirate flag to honor the site with.

I'll stop by once you make it to Oahu.

This is far too funny. We've found a poorly educated, mostly delusional, batshit crazy variation of Frank M!

I'll bite; who's Frank M.??

Frank Mighetto. He was the original SA idiot, but he could actually read and write.

Sssssh, don't say his name again :o

My 100 ton expired in 95, when I was too busy raising kids and growing a business to even realize it happened. Pity that, as it is now way too expensive and too many hurdles to get back, with TSA and all that shit..

... ... If HR and son really did use 1000 FREAKING GALLONS OF RESIN then delamination and rot are not going to be a concern for a long time. There is still the major Achilles Heel of something less than a monocoque construction and all those joist hangers, .

Depends on who religious you wanna get about the mystical combination of plywood (or in this case, CDX) and epoxy. Some people not only believe, they make pilgrimages. However I've seen a few of the faithful still admit they have repaired rotted epoxy-ply, so the truth is lurking out there.

If HR & Son had vacuum-infused the wood somehow, then yeah. But it's really just paint. A really tough-surfaced, really waterproof paint, but that's all. If it never gets scratched or dinged, or cracks from cold/heat, or drilled into to mount hardware and not properly sealed, etc etc then good for a long time. Maybe. And even then it won't overcome the joist hanger thing.

Hoodwinked? But I paid good money for this entertainment, dadgummit.

Oh... I guess no I didn't, but it is entertaining!

Yes it is. And pictures! Thanks Kirwan !!

FB- Doug

I'm home now - spent the last week on my boat on the bay, watching the races, anchoring several days in Sausalito.

When I went back to my slip in Alameda, I checked the Blue Pelican for a shortwave for Dockrat - no bargains there.

(the outboard to my dinghy died at that time too)

Then back in Sausalito, and like before, we were just another one of the many boats at anchor;

sausalitoanchorage_zps06fd303c.jpg

The FH is in this picture... but I couldn't use the dink. They are parked pretty far from most of the boats, and it gets shallow in that direction.

So, Friday morning, when the tide was nice and high, we pulled anchor and motored over there. With only 7 feet of water vs my 5 foot keel, I couldn't stick around.

Sorry Folks, I would have loved to stay and chat, but I was concerned about depth. Based on that, I estimate the FH is in 2 feet at low tide.

I got a few pix for those of you who like to draw lines and measure angles:

fh1_zpsf60a73a2.jpg

fh3_zpsf28502dc.jpg

Sausalito is a very cool place... Gorgeous sunsets and sunrises as the fog tries to claw over the hill, beautiful houses and boats....

sausalitofog_zps61611741.jpg

No punchlines, no pithy comments, just some pictures for your enjoyment.

You smart arse bastard.

Real pics, real comments, you prick.

Honestly how many SA'er have things that float.

If Hot Rod gets to Airlie Beach LINK FOR DUMB CUNTS THAT DONT KNOW WHERE IT IS

I'll do a live report.

Someone showed up. Sure. The claim has been made before. In fact by the same purported person Actually saw him at TJ's in front of me tonight. So, the claimed first visit is seemingly a fantasy. More HR bs?

did you not see my post? I did show up, but I did not go out to the FH. We were face to face for 1:15. But, I know, pictures or it didn't really happen. Well none of us bothered even though there were 3 phones present. Someone would claim photoshopped pics anyway.

I would think that most people on this cite r from this part of the country,because of the media coverage ,most of it was local newspapers.radio and magazines,the two networks didn't do much maybe ten mins in all. And my assault was all local. But i got calls from Kentucky,and Colorado. Hope Colorado is ok with the weather and all.

Hell yes that was me.

WHOLEY SHEIT MATE :o:o:o:o

GUY LD @ The AC for the SAYC-AC-Defender PARTY

post-1861-0-65588300-1379279485_thumb.jp

surprised this little gem caused nothing :huh:

I am kinda curious as to how you think he's fooled us Meuritt. Did Rod actually build two FHs and only post pictures of the garden shed variety ? Is there actually some secret genius behind trying to bite off the harbor masters finger ? Was jail all part of his ingenious plan ? Stuck on the rocks ? Aground in the mud flats ? Is there some new miracle material in CDX ? The rig that makes no sense ? The sails that fell apart in five seconds ? Lack of an anchor ? Lack of a place to attach the anchor ? Lack of a way to haul the anchor ? The begging for money ? Begging for stuff ? And how many times has the CG been called out to assist ?

Care to shed any light on this one ? Cause from a casual observers point of view, its not us getting fooled.

I am kinda curious as to how you think he's fooled us Meuritt. Did Rod actually build two FHs and only post pictures of the garden shed variety ? Is there actually some secret genius behind trying to bite off the harbor masters finger ? Was jail all part of his ingenious plan ? Stuck on the rocks ? Aground in the mud flats ? Is there some new miracle material in CDX ? The rig that makes no sense ? The sails that fell apart in five seconds ? Lack of an anchor ? Lack of a place to attach the anchor ? Lack of a way to haul the anchor ? The begging for money ? Begging for stuff ? And how many times has the CG been called out to assist ?

Care to shed any light on this one ? Cause from a casual observers point of view, its not us getting fooled.

The thing is, for many people, probably most, once they have met someone, its a lot harder to post stuff that's less than complimentary.

We beached FH in the mud

,in three different spots,

before we found the one we liked.

There is a lot more to tell.

I'm working on that for u guys.

we r only two men.

we have a lot to do.

U can complain or help, ur choise.

Thanks guys . we r doing our best!

The defensive position on my part is from all the misinformation,my apology.however, I dont c it slowing.

I'm not going to adress everything on this site.

I don't have time.

Thanks guys . we r doing our best!

That's the saddest thing of all about this whole flustercluck.

The thing is, for many people, probably most, once they have met someone, its a lot harder to post stuff that's less than complimentary.

The opposite is also true. My first few encounters with HR were not bad, but they were very short, just a quick "howdy" with a question or two. But one time I spoke with him in person for a few minutes. His conversation started getting delusional and aggressive. He claimed his boat didn't need engines because it would sail at 35 knots. He belittled anyone that had a "store-bought" boat. Others may have found him charming and nice, but I don't see that in him.

Ok, I get it now! The mizzen sheet tension, when underway, will correct the downward deck and roof curvature caused by hull splay. Very shrewd engineering.

I think I seriously underestimated HR's design capabilities.

The defensive position on my part is from all the misinformation,my apology.however, I dont c it slowing.

I don't have time.

Honestly, why you even bother is a mystery to me. I would ignore the lot off us!

HR keep your eye on the weather talk of a minor front blowing through end of this week no rain but depending on how that low stirs things up we could get some south wind which case keep a close eye on it. Keep in mind parking in the shallows gives you zero buffer room for dragging or even getting a tow if the tow boat doesn't have enough water. Just sayin

For some reason this comes to mind:

Ozymandias -Shelly, 1818

I met a traveller from an antique land

Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone

Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,

Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,

And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,

Tell that its sculptor well those passions read

Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,

The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:

And on the pedestal these words appear:

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay

Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare

The lone and level sands stretch far away.

This site started a year after the FH,

and after we drew national attention.

Ur not r first critics.

I was a bit sick of the stupid remarks by then.

I thought it was my personal project.

Where did every one come from?

wait... HANKS???

Who's the lucky shit that gets to shinny out onto that sprit to hank/unhank the jib?

I don't have time.

Honestly, why you even bother is a mystery to me. I would ignore the lot off us!

I reckon it's all part of convincing himself that all is going well in his world. He can't stand a group of people getting together to make fun of him, even if it is online. Clearly he cares, in spite of all the crap about not caring about people 'on the internet'. He has refused every offer of help given to him, because that's not what he came here for. He came here to convince people that he knows what he's talking about, and to threaten the people he can't convince - hence the mix of half-baked engineering drivel and aggression we've seen from his posts. Why he keeps going on about the 'shear strength' of the fibreglass he used I don't know. Presumably he thinks it somehow matters in the grand scheme of the Flying Fuckwit saga. Maybe because he knows the word shear but can't understand what tensile means. Also all the epoxy crap. 'If I put enough epoxy on it will sail past god' is a quote I remember hearing recently. There's another bonkers idea he's got in to his head.

He makes a very, very interesting psychological study, which is the main reason I follow this thread. On the video I have seen of him he seems a pretty reasonable, plausible character, which meuritt has backed up having spoken to him in person. We know, however, that he is a compulsive liar (the qualified pilot, meteorologist and master craftsman). The whole 'reg army' thing is probably another lie IMHO. Faking a military service record is common amongst these types if they also feel a need to demonstrate their superiority over others.

The post several pages back about the Dunning-Kruger effect was a good one, but somewhat off the mark as I doubt HR will ever realise his own failings. His problem is more one of a total illusion of superiority regardless of the experience of the people he deals with, a condition which I suppose is a form of egomaina. A lot of his posts end with or contain the word 'wow'. This seems to be a sort of exclamation of feigned amazement at our collective ignorance and misconception of his plans, as in 'wow, how stupid all you guys are'. This backs up the egomania theory.

Another facet of the Rod is his problem with aggression, as evidenced by the 'finger' incident. This seemed a little out of character, but it seems plausible that this is connected with his ego problem - an 'ordinary person' getting in his way and not providing him with something to which he felt he was automatically entitled just by being The Rod.

He also clearly suffers from major problems with self-delusion (this whole episode). No-one in their right mind could be in his position and still feel all was going well, however bad their knowledge of engineering and boat design was. Hence my point earlier about him posting here and discussing the construction of the FH. It's all part of him building a fictional universe around himself in which he is a successful craftsman, and the FH is an amazing wood-epoxy racing machine that will do 35 knots and take him all around the Pacific, and best of all one that the magnificent mind of the Rod conceived all of itself.

The funny thing is, he's not alone. I know someone a lot like him: the compulsive lying, bullshit about the military, half baked construction projects and run-ins with the police. How humans evolved to sometimes produce this sort of person is beyond me. Maybe it's because every now and then one of them succeeds in their crazy venture by pure luck. Not this time...

It would be fascinating to have a professional psychologist have a look over his posts here and the various accounts of what he is doing. It would certainly be better than my drivel.

Hot Rod - if you have bothered to read this then just let me make a final appeal to what reason is left in your crazy brain. Just because you have proven us wrong so far doesn't mean you will continue to. The FH clearly keeps on failing you in every way other than sinking. If you set out in to the open ocean it will probably sink quite quickly. Take it somewhere sheltered and use it for what is - a large, temporary houseboat. If you want to sail to Hawaii, work like stink to earn around $25k and buy a real boat. You have a sort of animal cunning and resourcefulness which would probably make you quite a good ocean sailor, if only you get some real experience first.

Fuck it. I'm off sailing.

WHOLEY SHEIT MATE :o:o:o:o

GUY LD @ The AC for the SAYC-AC-Defender PARTY

post-1861-0-65588300-1379279485_thumb.jp

surprised this little gem caused nothing

are those new winglets on the elevators?? ;)

and i think that's probably an air drop to the FH... gotta make sure it lands in the water though, don't want it to drop in ala Caddyshack

The opposite is also true. My first few encounters with HR were not bad, but they were very short, just a quick "howdy" with a question or two. But one time I spoke with him in person for a few minutes. His conversation started getting delusional and aggressive. He claimed his boat didn't need engines because it would sail at 35 knots. He belittled anyone that had a "store-bought" boat. Others may have found him charming and nice, but I don't see that in him.

What you (collectively) don't get is I am not interested in insulting him, nor building him into some kind of genius boat builder. This site, and others, is of no concern to HR.

The fact that you (collectively) respond in a foolish fashion is proof of your foolishness, not HR's.

You (collectively) take this thread seriously, HR does not.

There is no angle of the construction of the beast that hasn't been discussed here. repeatedly.

HR ignores you for the most part. You persist, maybe if we write it differently he will come around, so you write it differently. He responds, often with gibberish, just to jerk your chain. (Michael's posts are more often written better, and written for a reason, like pointing out fake reporting from some sockpuppet, yet that false reporting has been discussed as factual, even after it was declared fake.

It is really immaterial if FH sails or not, HR's involvement here is the same as ours, entertainment. He isn't going to answer your questions seriously, there is nothing in it for him. his self esteem is not dependent on your approval. Get over yourselves, you just aren't that important to him.

You don't get it. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result. The insanity of this thread is that you think somehow he can be reached, if you just repeat yourself one more time> He can't be reached because he doesn't want to be. Seriously, you should just quit trying.

Really. All there is to do now is wait, they continue to work away at what may well be a folly, but work they will, with or without your approval. Then

A: they sail away with some degree of success, which BTW, this board hasn't been right yet about FH. Or did you forget that?

B: the winter storms arrive and we have a show, and they learn a bit about big weather, fetch and life in RB during December and January

You keep posting, he keeps responding so that you keep posting, it really is that simple, and it has nothing to do with whether I like him or not, or believe he is a master boat builder or not. It's all about feeding the trolls boys. He's here only to watch you guys get frustrated.

Doing a pretty good job, isn't he?

Now lets talk about the 1000 gallons of epoxy. Do you assume it is all in the hull/plywood/glass skin? That would be a fantastic amount of glue to use over the pontoons, wouldn't it. Did anyone consider that a great amount of that sticky stuff is in the laminated beams? Would it surprise you that they feel they could use another 1000 gallons? Note, I know nothing of epoxy/plywood boat building and I am making no judgment if HR does either. He's just doing it, right or wrong. For better or worse most of the construction details are not recorded in pictures, or even in a builders diary, he can't show you what he doesn't have, even if he wanted to. But, if you call, he will be happy to talk about it, as he has to two list members.

Mike

U got a furler. We don't!

Then ditch the hanks, go with a spectra luff and set it flying, you nutjob!

Whatever Meuritt, we have the last laugh when the inevitable happens. I'm just here because I find the whole saga hilarious, and love that our master craftsman-pilot-meteorologist-artilleryman-finger eater can't see he's heading for one hell of a fall...

Whatever Meuritt, we have the last laugh when the inevitable happens. I'm just here because I find the whole saga hilarious, and love that our master craftsman-pilot-meteorologist-artilleryman-finger eater can't see he's heading for one hell of a fall...

I am no fan of the FH but I think the point Meuritt was trying to make is that HR doesn't care about what you (or I) or anyone else here thinks about his adventure, so whomever is laughing last is rather moot.

Ya thanks a bit slow on ideas. Picking up the jib hanks today 350$ after waiting ten days .to drop off at sail makers 150$ .

I am no fan of the FH but I think the point Meuritt was trying to make is that HR doesn't care about what you (or I) or anyone else here thinks about his adventure, so whomever is laughing last is rather moot.

He wouldn't keep posting here if he really didn't care.

Hot Rod, stop being such a huge pussy! Is that thing named the Flying Hawaiian or the San Francisco Mudd Squatting Sissy Barge?!?

If you're going to insist that we're all wrong, hoist some sails and take that bitch outside the Gate.

Or keep squatting in the mud...

my favourite quote this week.....

He wouldn't keep posting here if he really didn't care.

did I forget to write he finds this all entertaining, same as you, different reasons. The more you post the more amusement he gets. Expect his participation here to slow considerably when the next round of parts arrive.

You keep posting, he keeps responding so that you keep posting, it really is that simple, and it has nothing to do with whether I like him or not, or believe he is a master boat builder or not. It's all about feeding the trolls boys. He's here only to watch you guys get frustrated.

So, everyone other than HR and his few supporters are trolls? Kind of a new way of defining troll, no?

As to the definition of insanity, enough already! If that's the definition then what is insane is using that definition over and over expecting it will change a person's behavior. Fortunately for those who use this phrase, over and over, expecting a different result each time they utter it, that is most certainly not the definition of insanity. That quote is often attributed to Albert Einstein, even though it can't be proved he said it. If any phrase should be banned, it should be that one.

looks like meuritt is now a believer

Clearly, he was taken hostage, held with lilmurray, and administered brain chemistry altering drugs. Perhaps he was unable to walk that power generating treadmill and so judged unfit to be held further.

At least the Tin Can went sailing offshore with his boat. I'm tired of waiting. Go sailing already!

the tin can did? I didn't realize he ever launched.

At least the Tin Can went sailing offshore with his boat. I'm tired of waiting. Go sailing already!

the tin can did? I didn't realize he ever launched.
He sailed under the GG Bridge and started sailing down the coast. He started popping welds almost immediately and bailed out in either Santa Cruz or Monterey. That is as far offshore as he got. I don't know how the Tin Can got back, but a couple of years ago it was at the Napa River Marina on the hard next to the gate. I saw it. It is still visible on Google Earth.

hot rod...you wouldn't know trying if it hit you in the head......which given your sail plan is about 20 minutes upwind.

Fyi,found a tender floatin today.the dead man captaining it was drunk and drown last night.

What you (collectively) don't get is I am not interested in insulting him, nor building him into some kind of genius boat builder. This site, and others, is of no concern to HR.

I like how angry everyone is about it. That's the bit that makes it fun.

Well now John Donne said it best........

and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee

The FH bell will ring for mising mariner.

Fyi,found a tender floatin today.the dead man captaining it was drunk and drown last night.

Wikipedia says it best:

Psychological projection was conceptualized by Sigmund Freud in the 1890s as a defense mechanism in which a person unconsciously rejects his or her own unacceptable attributes by ascribing them to objects or persons in the outside world.[1]

Finders keepers?

so a man sitting in a tender...."the captain"....a tender belonging to someone else....was drunk and "drown" ????

so he drowned in the tender? drowned in his bottle?

He was a capt. of a boat that wasn't his? (I guess you think the only person aboard a dink is called a Captain ?)

Seriously, I think you just sit around around and make random shit up.....next thing you'll be telling us that the FH has pie warmers....

YCMTSU....

Seriously, I think you just sit around around and make random shit up.....next thing you'll be telling us that the FH has pie warmers....

YCMTSU....

DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING!

we have a winner!!!!

and your first clue was.....?

Code zero race furler part, again we don't have a furler.

And we do have antifoul on the hulls.

Won't give a dead man the benifit of the doubt.wow u r fucked up.

who is lower?...me for not believing your lame ass story....or you for making it up?

now fuck off to Mud-Squatters Anarchy....the "humor" here is done....

Code zero race furler part, again we don't have a furler.

Not sure why you need a furler? My boat does not have one. They are convenient, but hardly a necessity.