U20guy2

65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

Anyone have a good paella recipe they'd care to share? I've tried a couple from the webs, but none have been anything like as good as what I had in Spain.

Thanks in advance.

Romain

How soon before it really starts to blow in that place?

From late November through February.

I never experienced the predicted high winds yesterday.. Today's weather prophecy:

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 AM PDT EARLY THIS

MORNING

TODAY

NE WINDS 5 TO 15 KT...EXCEPT 15 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS

UP TO 35 KT OVER PORTIONS OF THE BAY. STRONGEST WINDS EXPECTED

ACROSS THE SAN PABLO BAY AND THE DELTA REGION.

TONIGHT

N WINDS 10 KT.

thing are calming again

No real action.

Trial? the whole thing is a trial of our patience.

Plenty of questions but Rod is not answering unless you pay.

Discussion about furry kittens, charities and other side issues.

Someone made a feeble attempt to return to the issue of drywall, interior fitout and other 'boat' details.

African swallows and load capacity turned up.

Guy LD is moving on.

Jarcher took to Rod over another fake claim.

Probably just need to wish for some strong wind.

Any local with a weather forecast?

It wasn't a feeble attempt, he said he would answer questions. I asked... Geez......

nice web site, Rod

We we out for San Francisco Bay to prove, even in the middle of a recession, anybody can do it.

not really supposed to 'we we' in the bay, though

Hit a nerve?

If u have a son he Probly dont talk to u.

This is not your project or concern or family or money.or work,Or business,not your anything.

The only nerve you hit was the nerve where I am at the end of my patience with dirtbag posers. Falsely claiming to have done work for Wounded Warriors is beyond the pale. You have no shame whatsoever. By the way, I'm sure as hell not taking your bait. This will not be made to be about my family.

As for it not being my concern, it was you who sought attention in local papers, you who chose to start posting here, you who chose to post a whole bunch of lies, you who falsely accused the USGS of damaging your boat, you who chose to claim credentials you have not earned and you who chose to claim credit for good acts you never performed. Oh, and it was you who chose to start begging for money like the pathetic barely-literate homeless parasite you clearly are. The fact that your tin cup is electronic does not make you less of a beggar.

You opened the door. Don't like the truth that walked through? Tough shit.

Don't sugar coat it J... I would let him know how you really feel. :)

No real action.

Plenty of questions but Rod is not answering unless you pay.

Discussion about furry kittens, charities and other side issues.

Someone made a feeble attempt to return to the issue of drywall, interior fitout and other 'boat' details.

African swallows and load capacity turned up.

Guy LD is moving on.

Jarcher took to Rod over another fake claim.

Probably just need to wish for some strong wind.

Any local with a weather forecast?

http://sailflow.com/spot/113861

http://images.intellicast.com/WxImages/SatelliteLoop/hipacsat_None_anim.gif

Looks like we'll have to wait some more.

gofundme save the flyin hawaiian u still got up the add

and u fucks have the balls to talk shit about what I do, this is a lot worse than what I did

.cowards.

got a link ?

Seems like even more BS to me James, but whats the logic behind believing one lie is worse than another ?

So I couldn't help but notice now you claim to be involved in a veterans charity organization. Looks like no one believes you on that score either. Looks like your just descending further and further into that fantasy world you've created for yourself James.

Its interesting that you get pissed off at some joke you perceive as cowardly, yet can't see your own failure to face reality, as cowardly itself. All the false claims is another version of cowardly as well.

Your inability to answer any questions or provide any photos is a perfect example of cowardice James.

I answered some not all questions,

Plenty of doom and gloom the SA way.

To bad we arnt real to u guys.

It was put there last mounth by SA members. The master from Loch Lomond brought it to my attention,as he did this site as well. I thought it would be gone by now. Thanks from three generations on my boat. U fucks embarrassed my mother.your mom must be so proud of you.

You've been the subject of ridicule on at least two different websites over the past three years. You've been kicked out of a marina, rescued by the Coast Guard, thrown in jail, and generally view by many people as a complete lunatic with no business being anywhere near the water and someone with the building/engineering skills of a child. And only now you're embarrassed because of some obscure joke website off in a far corner of the internet that about five people on the entire planet have seen? How would that possibly embarrass your mother?

I'm sure Boston1 can give a more complete mental diagnosis, and I look forward to reading it, but it sounds like you're starting to get pissed at yourself because your project isn't quite measuring up your fantasies. Sounds like maybe mom and the crew are starting to ask some serious questions you can't answer. Maybe it's time to man up and make a few decisions that don't make you look like a compete buffoon like packing up and getting the FH up to the Delta as you have been told multiple times by dozens of people that actually know something about boats. You know very well that the FH isn't going to get anywhere near Hawaii, so stop playing the "You said I can't, so I'll show you" game that some 3 year-old would play. Do right by your mother and show some common sense.

probably not, its my neighbor who's the shrink, and occasionally I show her some of this crap if we happen to be hanging out, and its been a while since I've seen her. Her input is interesting but she's completely uninterested in doing any kind of study on it. Called it an acute but boring neurosis she sees in just about all her patients ( spooky thing there is that her patients are all incarcerated ) . Did suggest we call him by his real name though, rather than enforce his fantasy in any way.

It was interesting he chose this to get pissed off about, after everything he should be pissed off about, the incredibly poor build, the inability to comprehend basic engineering, the failed rigging, anchor sets, going aground, holes in the boat, having to be towed everywhere. He chooses to get all worked up about what "someone else has done" ( go figure ) rather than what mistakes he's made. He laughed off all his own errors, but let someone else make one and the fireworks begin.

One thing that did come up in my neighborly conversations is that people who blame everyone but themselves for their failures are always much much more violently inclined than those that take responsibility for there own actions. People who prefer to blame others for their own failures, and maintain their personal fantasies to the bitter end, much more often than not, are the ones who eventually lash out and either injure those around them, kinda like the school shooting types, or convince others to injure themselves, like the Jonestown massacre types.

I don't think that finger biting incident will be the last violent act we see out of James. But then again, I see drowning your family as a violent act itself so maybe my definitions are a bit different than his.

B

I answered some not all questions,

Plenty of doom and gloom the SA way.

To bad we arnt real to u guys.

Oh, you're real alright.

Same as those pitiful starving refugee kids with the sores & the flies

They have the misfortune of being born into a terrible place in this world, you have the misfortune of being a sociopath, habitual liar, squatter prone to violence, & wanna-be boatbuilder.

Which one should we give charity to (assuming either) ??

FB- Doug

probably not, its my neighbor who's the shrink, and occasionally I show her some of this crap if we happen to be hanging out, and its been a while since I've seen her. Her input is interesting but she's completely uninterested in doing any kind of study on it. Called it an acute but boring neurosis she sees in just about all her patients ( spooky thing there is that her patients are all incarcerated ) . Did suggest we call him by his real name though, rather than enforce his fantasy in any way.

It was interesting he chose this to get pissed off about, after everything he should be pissed off about, the incredibly poor build, the inability to comprehend basic engineering, the failed rigging, anchor sets, going aground, holes in the boat, having to be towed everywhere. He chooses to get all worked up about what "someone else has done" ( go figure ) rather than what mistakes he's made. He laughed off all his own errors, but let someone else make one and the fireworks begin.

One thing that did come up in my neighborly conversations is that people who blame everyone but themselves for their failures are always much much more violently inclined than those that take responsibility for there own actions. People who prefer to blame others for their own failures, and maintain their personal fantasies to the bitter end, much more often than not, are the ones who eventually lash out and either injure those around them, kinda like the school shooting types, or convince others to injure themselves, like the Jonestown massacre types.

I don't think that finger biting incident will be the last violent act we see out of James. But then again, I see drowning your family as a violent act itself so maybe my definitions are a bit different than his.

B

Plenty of truth in what you say. Very easy to start blaming others when you end up in a hole, we've probably all tried that. Start constructing a fantasy about how you have been on the end of all the bad luck, or how people are out to get you because of race, social background etc etc. It takes balls to turn round and say, 'no, I'm here because I totally fucked up'. Those who have done this know that it's actually what gets your brain in order again. It allows you to climb out of the hole, because you've just taken back control of your own life by taking ownership of your own mistakes. Once you're out of the hole then boy does it taste sweet for the boot to be on the other foot and to say 'I realised I screwed up, and now I've sorted my own life out by my own hard work'.

James, if you even bother to read our posts, here are some home truths. You suck at boat design, and you suck at boatbuilding. The people who post here have several million miles of sailing experience between them, many are engineers and naval architects and, yes, many have built boats themselves including plywood cats. Pretty much everyone here tells you that although it's pretty impressive you've got this far, the FH is totally unseaworthy and suitable only as a liveaboard barge. Here's how you get out of the hole you're in. Tow the FH to this Delta place, get a job, work like hell to make enough money to buy a properly built, second hand sailing boat. This is what most of us do because, like you, we also suck at boat design and boatbuilding. Once you've managed this, sail it to the islands and live your dream. I'm telling you now, the sailing community will respect you a hell of a lot more for doing this than if you continue to squat in the mud, with the FH either slowly falling apart where it is or breaking up when you put to sea. Right now, we just think you're a moron, so why don't you get your shit together and earn yourself some respect in the sailing community?

^^ moron that later ^^

To u we r nothing more entertainment.

This is not about u.

Even if u where to help,

To u we r nothing more entertainment.

This is not about u.

Even if u where to help,

Truest thing you've ever written

Well I have a genuine question, but I don't suspect that Hot Rod will deign to answer it. But what do you guys think? Are these persistently absurd mis-spellings and wretched grammar

A) The confident free expression of an iconoclastic blythe spirit who refuses to be bound by society's arbitrary and oppressive rules?

B) The fault of typing on a cheap cell phone, or Garmin nav aid, or whatever the hell it is, with thick fingers and a faulty auto-correct algorithm?

C) A profoundly misguided attempt to be all cute and disarming with open, folksy charm?

D) An indication of the degree and amount of research and study into the traditions, standards and established body of knowledge of all things nautical?

E) Pure, defiant dumbassery, untainted by any vestige of a clue?

I ask because it seems like the persistence and consistency of the ridiculous spellings seems to be higher then mere chance would supply. I'm not entirely sure you can fuck up rutter, anker, moring ball, etc. again, and again and again without some conscious agency behind the practice. Simple luck would have had him getting something correctly at least once by now, wouldn't it? Wouldn't it?

Well I have a genuine question, but I don't suspect that Hot Rod will deign to answer it. But what do you guys think? Are these persistently absurd mis-spellings and wretched grammar

A) The confident free expression of an iconoclastic blythe spirit who refuses to be bound by society's arbitrary and oppressive rules?

B) The fault of typing on a cheap cell phone, or Garmin nav aid, or whatever the hell it is, with thick fingers and a faulty auto-correct algorithm?

C) A profoundly misguided attempt to be all cute and disarming with open, folksy charm?

D) An indication of the degree and amount of research and study into the traditions, standards and established body of knowledge of all things nautical?

I ask because it seems like the persistence and consistency of the ridiculous spellings seems to be higher then mere chance would supply. I'm not entirely sure you can fuck up rutter, anker, moring ball, etc. again, and again and again without some conscious agency behind the practice. Simple luck would have had him getting something correctly at least once by now, wouldn't it? Wouldn't it?

south seas cannibals are subliterate at best

Anyone sort out of the FH survived the night last night? Winds were way up last night lots of downed tree branches etc. My patio chairs were in the bottom of the pool this morning. Fair guess the FH had a very undesirable night last night.

U can wait for free to.

We're ALL waiting.

tic..tic..tic..

All of the above but primarliy D & E..

Anyone sort out of the FH survived the night last night? Winds were way up last night lots of downed tree branches etc. My patio chairs were in the bottom of the pool this morning. Fair guess the FH had a very undesirable night last night.

Considering he posted at 3 PM today, I'm guessing the FH probably survived.

Cripes ... this thread is starting to resemble the 1000 Day thread more and more each day. Conformity seems to be a key requirement to staying below the radar here, and that's a shame because Sailing Anarchy is THE sailing resource, full stop. The combined expertise here is just off the fucking scale, there really is no more powerful combination than this forum of individuals. It's thick as blood here and James is a brother now. He could have built anything he wanted, but he chose to build something with sails on it, regardless how unsailworthy that rig might look.

If so many Anarchists keep wilding on James, he's going to leave and that will be a loss.

James ... until you get that boat out past the bridge for a trial, just stay solid. She may sink or she may swim, but whether you sail home dry or crawl up on the rocks soaked to your soul, you've still done a man's job, so good on ya.

I couldn't find your number in the thread, please give me a phone call if you have a minute ... 205-246-6492.

Cripes ... this thread is starting to resemble the 1000 Day thread more and more each day. Conformity seems to be a key requirement to staying below the radar here, and that's a shame because Sailing Anarchy is THE sailing resource, full stop. The combined expertise here is just off the fucking scale, there really is no more powerful combination than this forum of individuals. It's thick as blood here and James is a brother now. He could have built anything he wanted, but he chose to build something with sails on it, regardless how unsailworthy that rig might look.

If so many Anarchists keep wilding on James, he's going to leave and that will be a loss.

James ... until you get that boat out past the bridge for a trial, just stay solid. She may sink or she may swim, but whether you sail home dry or crawl up on the rocks soaked to your soul, you've still done a man's job, so good on ya.

I couldn't find your number in the thread, please give me a phone call if you have a minute ... 205-246-6492.

Welcome to the dark side Mike... All these "Anarchists" poo poking HR and just railing against everything.... Fun stuff...

.. All these "Anarchists" poo poking HR

'Poo poking' RV? Is that some kind of jail expression?

I was down along the Embarcadero today but not out on boats. It wasn't too windy after lunch. Fairfield and Solano were blown off the map this morning. Although always windy there, it was ferocious today and yesterday both. Just saying. The Fh may not have had much to deal with last night.

It wasn't a feeble attempt, he said he would answer questions. I asked... Geez......

Oopps, could not remember who it was, just having fun, the waiting is killing me.

I asked about the interior but have not had anything.

You locals keep talking about mean it is going to blow.

Maybe we can send an early season cyclone your way to get things started....

Recently, there was a post where all the spelling was correct and intelligible.

I had to look twice to check if was actually HR's post.

It was. A fluke?

Strange how he sometimes writes like a human being and other times like a teenage crack dealer. Is there something else we should know?

Anyhoo, as I can't compete with Rutter on a Duke heres a coupla kitten hats, one of Rod's better inventions

188-tequilacat.thumbnail.jpg

If they made gloves like this they'd taste good too - you could even issue them to harbour masters...

QsgUe.jpg

ps. drown the family? In two feet of water? With a decent pair of waders they wouldn't even get wet!

Oh, so you do want to see some ass on a bike?

OK, but hover over the escape button and scroll down.

-

.-.

-

.-

.fat_chick_on_motorcycle1.jpg

Hey! I gave ya fair warning!

U r Wanting and waiting for us to die! U sick fucks. SA = sadistic assholes

Actually HR, many people here want just the opposite. They want you and your family to live long happy lives. These folks have given a lot of free, sound advice to help you and yours live said long happy lives. Many of these people have many, many years of sailing and boat maintenance/building experience. They know what they are talking about, they know the sea and sailing. You, for the most part have scoffed at these folks and insist you know what you are doing. For the most part, you don't have any idea about boat building or sailing. So what choice do they have. Advice was offered and ignored. Now we wait for the inevitable unhappy ending. I don't think anybody will be happy about it.

Rather than engaging in this 5th grade school girl drama, James, hadn't you better spend your time towing that shack up the Delta? Didn't you live here the last two winters? It's going to blow like hell, and it's going to start around February, with a few preliminaries well before.

It was. A fluke?

I think every fluke HR has are clinging for dear life to the bottom of the bay.

It was. A fluke?

I think every fluke HR has are clinging for dear life to the bottom of the bay.

"What a drag....." that is what they flukes are thinking... Cling Free.... :(

Well that was interesting, so despite all the folks on here who've advised you to go find some safe shallow place close enough to shore no one will be drown when the FH sinks you prefer to take on the victims role and believe everyone is out to get you ?

Seamanship HR.

It is not only the ability to handle sail and splice rope, it is also the ability to make decisions that help you avoid danger and keep yourself safe.

Sign up for TowboatUS, it about $190 last I checked, do it online at the library, after it goes into affect try to sail that beast toward the delta (scope out were you want it parked and mark it on your nav aid first.) After you fail to make it to the delta (example- ride the tide out toward the gate) call for a tow and have it taken to safety.

When I first purchased it I was nervous taking my boat out without tow insurance and it had a working outboard.

Why don't you stop your bitchen and get that thing headed west. You talk and talk about sailing to Hawaii, spend years getting the boat ready, all this work, you tell the papers you're big plans. So get moving already. Get out the gate, turn left, then right and post back when you hear the hula music.

Oh my god Becky, look at her butt. It is so big. She looks like one of those rap guys girlfriends.

I think you'll find that you're completely wrong.

The only people waiting and wanting you to die are the ones who you THINK are encouraging you.

Those people who are saying 'YOU WILL DIE' and 'DON'T DROWN YOUR MOTHER' are trying to stop YOU from killing them by taking the FH out under the Golden Gate.

I'll repeat it in BIG letters for you.

YOU WILL KILL YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY IF YOU TRY AND TAKE THEM TO HAWAII ON THE FH.

That's YOU, JAMES LANE.

NOBODY ELSE WILL BE AT FAULT FOR THEIR

DEATHS.

If it was one of my kids who built that giant cat, and was currently in the situation in which James is in, I would tell him or her to just get the thing sailable and take it out past Golden Gate to give it a test. Yes, I would worry, I would insist that they have proper safety equipment, but it would break my heart if they built it and then let fear get the better of them.

There's no point in building a boat like that and then not taking out into the ocean. That's its purpose. Better built boats have sank, and more poorly built boats have survived.

James, depending what happens with your rudder plans, have you considered just a regular, overbuilt double tiller system? Simple. As long as you use strong enough hardware and some kind of truss-extended hardwood to get up onto the deck, it should work, and then you can steer from either side instead of having to stay behind that pedestal. When you get the time you can switch to a pneumatic system, and add in autopilot, etc., and then keep your tiller as an emergency backup.

^^^ can't say we didn't warn him :D

(edit: I was referring to post #8614)

In all seriousness, in the event of the loss of the FH at sea, with or without deaths, this thread may be used as proof that Lane did have substantial and unequivocal warning of the dangers facing him from within the sailing community. This is important, as in events such as these it is necessary to prove that we can still self-regulate and don't require additional legislation to improve safety. The only problem with the system is that when we know people like Lane are about to do something really stupid, there is nothing we can do to stop them... well, almost nothing... :ph34r:

My opinion? They abandoned plans to sail to Hawaii months ago when they realised they had built a heap of junk. The continued posting of nonsense here by Lane is just part of a wind-up, his odd sense of humour showing through. He's not as much of an idiot as he pretends to be, and must know that he needs to find a sheltered anchorage over the winter, for what he must realise is only a very fragile barge. Until he does that, he's just wasting some of the ample time on his hands by trying to wind us up. Still, whether or not his posts and statements are in jest, it is our duty to assume he still intends to put to sea in the FH and we must continue to warn him of the dangers facing him accordingly. In the event of an accident involving the FH it can then be proven that it is not as a result of negligence on the part of the rest of the sailing community.

Wofsey.. Pneumatic steering system?? I think you mean hydraulic, and stop encouraging him, it will sink the first time it experiences big seas and wind.

Well boys, it looks like its over for the FH.no big finish,no dead bodies ,no crash at sea, no smash on the rocks in the wind. It looks like I'll have to sell it if i can.

.dock rat left allready,and i don't have the money to finish it by myself, ill stay on for a week or two if i can.

nasayers win. No Bs Sorry Hotrodjames

Wofsey.. Pneumatic steering system?? I think you mean hydraulic, and stop encouraging him, it will sink the first time it experiences big seas and wind.

Yes, apologies, pneumatic wouldn't work well with that, I meant hydraulic.

I think it will survive reasonably big seas and reasonably big wind. A narrative has gradually developed in this thread that likens the boat to something made of tissue paper. Since none of us have taken up James on having a look around his boat, I think we should perhaps withhold judgment.

If I lived in the Bay Area I would give James a visit on his boat, spelling aside, he's not the buffoon he's made out to be here.

Well boys, it looks like its over for the FH.no big finish,no dead bodies ,no crash at sea, no smash on the rocks in the wind. It looks like I'll have to sell it if i can.

.dock rat left allready,and i don't have the money to finish it by myself, ill stay on for a week or two if i can.

Jeez man, I think you owe it to yourself to take it out past Golden Gate, I think that she has more in her then you think.

Put it on Ebay!

The naysayers didn't win James, you won. You built something awesome and bigger than life and you did it with the resources of a common man.

You're a hero in my book, and if you're ever in Colorado I would be honored to buy you coffee and a slice of pie.

I wish I had the coin to help you finish it.

Jeez man, I think you owe it to yourself to take it out past Golden Gate, I think that she has more in her then you think.

Yup, take her out for a real spin, at least once before you let her go. If Lunna Rossa can do it, so can you! Go Rod, get out there and show 'em all!

Trust him, he's and engineer!

• Downvote 1

Really, really solid decision. I hope in a few years you will have earned the money to buy a fixer-upper and eventually be able to live your dream of sailing to the islands. As I've said before, I reckon you have a resourcefulness which would make you a good sailor. Not many people manage to build a 70' cat for $25k and get it to float... At least you tried... Best of luck. :(

• Downvote 1

Oh my god Becky, look at her butt. It is so big. She looks like one of those rap guys girlfriends.

She looks like something from a Monty Python animation. How does anyone ever let that happen to them?

I think you'll find that you're completely wrong.

The only people waiting and wanting you to die are the ones who you THINK are encouraging you.

Those people who are saying 'YOU WILL DIE' and 'DON'T DROWN YOUR MOTHER' are trying to stop YOU from killing them by taking the FH out under the Golden Gate.

I'll repeat it in BIG letters for you.

YOU WILL KILL YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY IF YOU TRY AND TAKE THEM TO HAWAII ON THE FH.

That's YOU, JAMES LANE.

NOBODY ELSE WILL BE AT FAULT FOR THEIR

DEATHS.

+1 - there is a psychology term for people with his attitude - everything is someone elses fault. Anybody know what it is?

I can't wait to see it on Craigslist and/or Ebay.

No worries just me here now..... no sailing.

No more boats.

wait two weeks for a buyer ,if no buyer its the Racoon

U all should be happy about it.

I'm out of resources.

Your tax money saved.

Why the sudden change of heart? Why not head up to this Delta place like suggested? Dang, you have to live somewhere is may as well be on the boat you built, bide your time, get a job and in a month or a year you may have the cash to carry on.

• Downvote 1

Genuinely sorry to see that you're having to quit James. Is there no way to get the FH up the Delta and live aboard there?

While I didn't say the nicest things about the FH a few times, I really didn't expect you to have to abandon it.

At least i won't have to fix the website now.

Oh, I get it, "If I don't get the money to carry on your entertainment stops, Here is a reminder of the website with the donate button"

Almost clever, even for you Mr Rod.

• Downvote 1

I'm out of resources including money for towing.

At least i was close.

James, you've got a pair of British Seagulls, a Chrysler and (I assume) a bike there. Surely someone will give you enough for them to fund fuel for a friend to tow you up the Delta?

Probably a wise move James, I'm sorry your dream is bust, but you folks saw what some good bay area sailing weather can do, the winter storms won't be king at all. Good luck in your future

Mike

Sorry to hear that James.

But I'm pretty certain that naysayers never win. They are observers. They are not even in the game.

James, unless you're willing to take the auction route and accept whatever the market will bear, it's very tough to sell a one-off boat.

You should be able to get it inland if you don't feel ready to take it out. Do yourself a favor and come up with an alternate plan in case you're not able to get what you consider to be a worthwhile price for her.

Q 4 HR

have you noticed the shadows and nights growing longer every day ??

you should have a song about your boat

perhaps by Gorgon Lightfoot ( apologies to family friends and Crew of the EFG)

I'm not able to do anything more.

no more resources.

im not from here.

I dont know anyone here.

we r from butte county.

I can only wait to see if i can sell it.

The master here said two weeks.

One is gone.

I don't have time or resources for auction.i have no resources

No worries just me here now..... no sailing.

No more boats.

wait two weeks for a buyer ,if no buyer its the Racoon

U all should be happy about it.

I'm out of resources.

Your tax money saved.

We might have made fun of you, but trust me we're not happy to see you have to give up. Hope you realise the dream some day, all the wiser for what you've been through. Any way to get the FH to the delta would probably be the best thing to do, then at least you have somewhere to live while earning money for a better boat. All the best... hope it works out for you.

Hot Rod - don't lose the dream. You CAN buy a proper boat, and you CAN sail it to the islands. The FH just isn't it, and I'm glad you've finally realised that.

If things change.....

it will be luck.

it was my boat .

I would not want someone

Else's boat..no more boats .

U guys think motorcycles r safer anyway.

At least the fh was paidfore.

Don't kid yourselves u know a job wont buy a yacht.

just the dreams and the yacht andthe lifestyle are dead.

I can look forward to going back to three jobs,

till my first hartatack.the the old vets home.ya

I'm fifty plus ,this was it for me.

i took a chance. like volunteering for the military.

u cant win them all.

I'm only disappointed in my self.

no discharge this time.

If things change.....

it will be luck.

it was my boat .

I would not want someone

Else's boat..no more boats .

U guys think motorcycles r safer anyway.

It almost sounds like it was more about the building and less about the sailing.

Honestly, you could get a 30ish monohull for a few grand, spend a year or two fixing her up and then go. I just started on the path myself and just aquiring the knowledge and skills to do that trip is going to take some years, add to it designing and building the boat on a budget and I am impressed you made it this far.

Maybe someone with a SeaTow or TowboatUS account can help u get her to the delta and give you more time.

Fair winds.

this is like watching a Police Chase with guns drawn and OK to shoot order issued

that started off as what would have been a Fix-It ticket had HR just pulled over and followed the advice given

I honestly don't believe there is One person who's posted in this thread that wouldn't like to see a Happy Ending

But like the movie w teh plane that can't go lower than 5,200' or the Bus than can't go less than 60mph

WITHOUT BLOWING THE FACK UP ......... This is a Nail Biter (Oh wait :lol::lol::lol::lol: )

All I can say is "I hope MOM is OK" somewhere else

I'll bet that POS doesn't have a Stripper Pole (once Guy leaves) ;)

At least the fh was paidfore.

Don't kid yourselves u know a job wont buy a yacht.

just the dreams and the yacht andthe lifestyle are dead.

I can look forward to going back to three jobs,

till my first hartatack.the the old vets home.ya

I'm fifty plus ,this was it for me.

i took a chance. like volunteering for the military.

u cant win them all.

I'm only disappointed in my self.

no discharge this time.

you wanna discharge

bang Mrs frank :o:lol::lol::lol:

Oh wait

you might not have to go ass farr ;)