U20guy2

65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

The truth here it a joke. So is the advise .the delta is flowing at 8 to 9 this time of year and it's been illegal to live abord for six years in the delta outside state property.

Bullshit

Just got back from a visit with Hotrod and Mrs Hot, she is a good influence on him, but seemed unwilling to explain her dalliance with Guy.

He speaks about the speed of light, trying to gather info from him is interesting, not unlike the messages he posts here, an incomplete thought, followed by another. A few questions and eventually you can ferret out the answer. I met with them to pass on a SF current chart and two local charts that would be useful if they decide to try for the Petaluma River, I gave them some good local knowledge. We also discussed the Estuary, sorry, he could be your neighbor soon FastBottoms.

While still under the deadline to get off the mooring, other options are being investigated, the saga may not yet be over.

But the main point of this post is the pictures, Mrs Hot has all ten fingers, and even with fingers near his mouth, I still have all 9.9 of mine that I went in with. But maybe it was that the corned beef hash we had for breakfast was all he had room for, I dunno.

Back into lurk mode or less, until something actually happens, and there are far more posts here than there is activity

post-99544-0-96830100-1381339930_thumb.jpg

post-99544-0-29570600-1381340100_thumb.jpg

I doubt he has an Exit sign on the FH, so this was ashore, no? If he was so broke, you'd think he'd be chomping down Ramen noodles on board FH instead of a restaurant somewhere - unless Meuritt spoted him the grub.

I doubt he has an Exit sign on the FH, so this was ashore, no? If he was so broke, you'd think he'd be chomping down Ramen noodles on board FH instead of a restaurant somewhere - unless Meuritt spoted him the grub.

It's Pay to Play Q & A !! :wacko::blink:-_-:huh:

FFS now you are speculating on what he has for lunch.300px-extortion_for_dummies.png

snaerk - please just stop, really, just stop

you don't make sense - and are unreadable - and you are not funny

you are not helping anything

are you related to HR? or woody?

You obviously do not follow the AC forum then... once you read his posts enough, you can read them without difficulty. And he usually has very insightful and intelligent comments.

Only the very finest yachts have EXIT signs like that.

You obviously do not follow the AC forum then... once you read his posts enough, you can read them without difficulty. And he usually has very insightful and intelligent comments.

I thought that was a Snaggy and that this one is a cheap imposter. I could be wrong though.

They might be insightful and intelligent, but the presentation is so horrible I never bother to read them. (applies to Snaggy, Snerk and sometimes HR)

No, that would be Snaggletooth. this POS is just some attention whore wannabe that never makes sense even when translated. The first guy might be a little humorous. The copy is just annoying.

Just got back from a visit with Hotrod and Mrs Hot, she is a good influence on him, but seemed unwilling to explain her dalliance with Guy.

He speaks about the speed of light, trying to gather info from him is interesting, not unlike the messages he posts here, an incomplete thought, followed by another. A few questions and eventually you can ferret out the answer. I met with them to pass on a SF current chart and two local charts that would be useful if they decide to try for the Petaluma River, I gave them some good local knowledge. We also discussed the Estuary, sorry, he could be your neighbor soon FastBottoms.

While still under the deadline to get off the mooring, other options are being investigated, the saga may not yet be over.

But the main point of this post is the pictures, Mrs Hot has all ten fingers, and even with fingers near his mouth, I still have all 9.9 of mine that I went in with. But maybe it was that the corned beef hash we had for breakfast was all he had room for, I dunno.

Back into lurk mode or less, until something actually happens, and there are far more posts here than there is activity

So you're saying he ate lilmurray?

.. .. .. other options are being investigated, the saga may not yet be over.

.. .. .. including stripping down his current erection and building a boat out of it?

.. .. .. other options are being investigated, the saga may not yet be over.

.. .. .. including stripping down his current erection and building a boat out of it?

Not enough latex gloves in the state to touch that comment!

Flyin' Hawaiian is a Gunboat 60 compared to every single other anchor-out on the Estuary.

Good point. To avoid being singled out, HR would need to camoflage the boat with blue polytarp and rusty 55 gallon drums

Bump. 1/2 way down the page people!

Shay.gif

Meuritt can you stop humanising HR? It is wreaking a good thread.

sorry. But the clock is still ticking on the relocation deadline. Got another question from HR about a specific location this morning. This thread could really come back to life, who knows. And the FHjr is gone, though I am not privy to the why of it. As friendly as HR is, it wouldn't surprise me if he found some help towing from the other anchor outs on RB.

BTW, there is no problem with humanizing Mrs Hot, she's a genuine doll, and, as the saying goes, I've no idea what she sees in him! In all seriousness, there was genuine affection between them, it was very nice to see. And HR likes cream and sugar in his coffee. Hmmm caffeine and sugar, there a combo that goes a long way to understanding/explaining his writing style :-) Though here in caffeine laden Marin county, with a coffee shop on practically every corner, I've seen worse. Oh sorry, there I go again trying to humanize the unhuman, sorry....

sorry. But the clock is still ticking on the relocation deadline. Got another question from HR about a specific location this morning. This thread could really come back to life, who knows. And the FHjr is gone, though I am not privy to the why of it. As friendly as HR is, it wouldn't surprise me if he found some help towing from the other anchor outs on RB.

BTW, there is no problem with humanizing Mrs Hot, she's a genuine doll, and, as the saying goes, I've no idea what she sees in him! In all seriousness, there was genuine affection between them, it was very nice to see. And HR likes cream and sugar in his coffee. Hmmm caffeine and sugar, there a combo that goes a long way to understanding/explaining his writing style :-) Though here in caffeine laden Marin county, with a coffee shop on practically every corner, I've seen worse. Oh sorry, there I go again trying to humanize the unhuman, sorry....

Love your work mate!

Go the Rodster!

HR asked me to call him so I spoke by phone briefly with both him and Mrs. Hot yesterday afternoon. Unfortunately, FH was in in the process of dragging anchor, so he didn't have a lot of time to discuss it, but he is very interested in the possibilities the Estuary presents, so I think he will be making a drive over from Marin to reconnoiter the area. It's clear the boat will not be secure where it is.

HR asked me to call him so I spoke by phone briefly with both him and Mrs. Hot yesterday afternoon. Unfortunately, FH was in in the process of dragging anchor, so he didn't have a lot of time to discuss it, but he is very interested in the possibilities the Estuary presents, so I think he will be making a drive over from Marin to reconnoiter the area. It's clear the boat will not be secure where it is.

I noticed a good breeze up here in San Rafael yesterday and wondered how he was managing.

The estuary is one of the things we talked about at breakfast, and what HR emailed me about yesterday. The juncture of the Petaluma River and San Antonio Creek, where I suggested he also investigate, is probably too far removed from necessary services. The thing about the estuary that concerns me is just how close to the ultimate authority, Coast Guard, that puts him. There is just no hiding that monster.

Good luck with it HR

Hmmmmm I got the impression he'd lost his anchors dragging the third or fourth time, its hard to keep track. So do you mean dragging the mooring ? Or did someone give him some more anchors ? There was something about a diver going down to do something with the anchors he'd lost earlier. Did he recover them ?

Did I mention anything about priorities James ? Like making sure you focus on securing that thing at anchor and simultaneously reducing the wind loading by taking down the masts and rigging ? Should have taken the advice when it was offered :rolleyes:

oh and as far as services is concerned he could reduce the need for them by altering his system a little. First thing would be composting head, a little sawdust goes a long way. Next would be to use as much of the gray water on the plants as possible. I'd also recommend natural lighting, get rid of the rigging, tear up the ply over the deck house, install pollygoll panels. Cheap and light weight, lets in plenty of sunshine. Shower on that back porch and use organic soap so as not to pollute the bay, har har har.

There's ways to reduce the need for services, making more out of the way hideouts doable.

Has he made any moves to try the 55g drums of concrete trick yet ? Poke some angle iron ( maybe 6x heavy ) through, and chain the whole thing down through the middle ? Poor mans anchor might be a good solution to keep that thing in place once he gets it to safe water.

Take the masts down and sell them Rod, that things not sailing anywhere, put the money into a solid anchoring system. Beef up the front deck and weld up something you can drop those 55g drums with.

Hmmmmm I got the impression he'd lost his anchors dragging the third or fourth time, its hard to keep track. So do you mean dragging the mooring ? Or did someone give him some more anchors ? There was something about a diver going down to do something with the anchors he'd lost earlier. Did he recover them ?

Thanks for the update

He told me he had 750 pounds of ground tackle down and was still dragging and he described the various anchors he had out. He had spoken to a Marin County diver about some sort of bridle arrangement slung between two heavy anchors, but that hasn't happened yet and I suppose never will. He seems to be of the mind that getting out of Richardson's Bay is pretty critical.

Hmmmmm I got the impression he'd lost his anchors dragging the third or fourth time, its hard to keep track. ...

I got the impression that the interior is finished with drywall, possibly with pieces of lilmurray stuffed between the studs or scantlings or whatever they are.

Not every impression developed from this thread is accurate. ;)

Did I mention anything about priorities James ? Like making sure you focus on securing that thing at anchor and simultaneously reducing the wind loading by taking down the masts and rigging ? Should have taken the advice when it was offered :rolleyes:

oh and as far as services is concerned he could reduce the need for them by altering his system a little. First thing would be composting head, a little sawdust goes a long way. Next would be to use as much of the gray water on the plants as possible. I'd also recommend natural lighting, get rid of the rigging, tear up the ply over the deck house, install pollygoll panels. Cheap and light weight, lets in plenty of sunshine. Shower on that back porch and use organic soap so as not to pollute the bay, har har har.

There's ways to reduce the need for services, making more out of the way hideouts doable.

Has he made any moves to try the 55g drums of concrete trick yet ? Poke some angle iron ( maybe 6x heavy ) through, and chain the whole thing down through the middle ? Poor mans anchor might be a good solution to keep that thing in place once he gets it to safe water.

Take the masts down and sell them Rod, that things not sailing anywhere, put the money into a solid anchoring system. Beef up the front deck and weld up something you can drop those 55g drums with.

Have you asked your neighbor to evaluate the mind of someone who consistently inject his wisdom and quasi psychological evaluations of "James" into this thread. That's as interesting as ol hot rod himself.

You gonna be the savior? Will you get to be the hero if he actually follows your advise? Hilarious how you have turned to only calling him James after speaking to your neighbor the shrink. Maybe she is doing a similar experiment with you.

He told me he had 750 pounds of ground tackle down and was still dragging and he described the various anchors he had out.

:o How does Lane manage this? Seriously? Either more BS, or he has no concept whatsoever of scope, catenary, weighting the rode etc etc. That or the bottom is some sort of hellish forest of dense seaweed.

Thanks for the update

He told me he had 750 pounds of ground tackle down and was still dragging and he described the various anchors he had out. He had spoken to a Marin County diver about some sort of bridle arrangement slung between two heavy anchors, but that hasn't happened yet and I suppose never will. He seems to be of the mind that getting out of Richardson's Bay is pretty critical.

This is the guy who said this was a "4-star yacht, same as 5-star only we're not bothering with some useless frills" and is a certified meterologist (presumably 5-star) and licensed multi-engine pilot etc etc.

I doubt he has any idea how much his ground tackle weighs, he just makes up a number and if people don't act impressed, he makes up a bigger number. Any time you get the idea that HotRod knows what he's talking about, just take a look at the steps on the back of FH. Or the masts.

And as others keep pointing out, even if he had good ground tackle, he has no windlass and nothing to secure it to. Not trying to dehumanize HR & fambly, just pointing out that this is not really a cruising thread about a cruiser(s) with a real boat. Maybe this thread should have theme music to remind people.... I suggest Talking Heads "Once In A Lifetime"

FB- Doug

A train weel on a chain .do u know how much it fucking weighs? Im draging it and all my anchors to dumbass.

Get thee to the Estuary

A train weel on a chain .do u know how much it fucking weighs? Im draging it and all my anchors to dumbass.

Well then, you're doing something wrong. How many anchors? What weight? More importantly, WHAT LENGTH OF RODE?

Let's see, I have built boats, sailed boats, fixed up boats, cruised (with my family) in boats (including anchoring just fine), raced boats, etc etc for about 50 years now. You're in a floating shed dragging a "train weel" ... and you want to call me a dumbass....

According to Google, train wheels weigh between 900 and 2200 lbs. If you really had a train wheel as ground tackle, you would not be dragging it thru soft mud. But train wheels are pretty good steel too, valuable as scrap... not to mention heavy... so where did you get it? How did you get it in place?

Tell me something HR, since you are divorced from reality are you getting alimony?

FB- Doug

>A train weel on a chain .do u know how much it fucking weighs? Im draging it and all my anchors to dumbass.

Let's see, I have built boats, sailed boats, fixed up boats, cruised (with my family) in boats (including anchoring just fine), raced boats, etc etc for about 50 years now. You're in a floating shed dragging a "train weel" ... and you want to call me a dumbass....

According to Google, train wheels weigh between 900 and 2200 lbs. If you really had a train wheel as ground tackle, you would not be dragging it thru soft mud. But train wheels are pretty good steel too, valuable as scrap... not to mention heavy... so where did you get it? How did you get it in place?

Tell me something HR, since you are divorced from reality are you getting alimony?

FB- Doug

come now. it's HR. what he really means is that he's using the spare from his truck as an anker now. all the other anchors were jettisoned a couple of weeks ago, before the mooring squatting. so they may be dragging, but they aren't attached to the scatamabarge,

>A train weel on a chain .do u know how much it fucking weighs? Im draging it and all my anchors to dumbass.

According to Google, train wheels weigh between 900 and 2200 lbs. If you really had a train wheel as ground tackle, you would not be dragging it thru soft mud.

He could 'drag' anything if he's just dangling it on the bottom. Bet any of us (well, most of us) here could get the FH holding, just by making the longest rode possible and tying the anchors at intervals along it. He'll have all of them on little teeny weeny rodes so they can't hold worth a damn.

James - five small rodes does not equal one big one. Tie them all end to end, put your biggest anchor/mud weight on the end and weigh the rode down with the other anchors along its length.

The permanent mooring table I have spec's 3000 Lbs for a block mooring for a conventional 40' sailboat. I would venture that the FH with all its windage puts double or triple that load on its mooring.

That would mean HR is running at best at less than 1/2 the weight he needs. If he has the 750 Lbs he says, he's somewhere around 10% - 20% of his needs.

Well then, you're doing something wrong. How many anchors? What weight? More importantly, WHAT LENGTH OF RODE?

While inadequate rode is the most common problem in anchoring, it may not be problem here. He appears to be anchored in water that is only about 10' deep at high tide + 8' freeboard. If he has 100' of rode, then I suspect that the chain is resting on the bottom when she is is dragging so there is no obvious advantage to more rode.

At any rate, he may be "doing something wrong" but he may just be in a spot that has really shitting holding with all normal anchors. I once chartered in Thailand and laughed when I saw a 50 Kg bruce anchor w/all chain rode on a 45' boat, thinking it was overkill -- it is three times the recommended size for that boat. But in several spots in North Phang Nga Bay I could drag that anchor with the engine at <1000 rpm in reverse -- 10:1 scope. The slime was unbelievable. If you stood in the shallows you just keep sinking deeper and deeper into the mud

The permanent mooring table I have spec's 3000 Lbs for a block mooring for a conventional 40' sailboat. I would venture that the FH with all its windage puts double or triple that load on its mooring.

That would mean HR is running at best at less than 1/2 the weight he needs. If he has the 750 Lbs he says, he's somewhere around 10% - 20% of his needs.

With respect, a block mooring is very different to an anchor, including a crappy Hot Rod scrapyard anchor. If even a fraction of the 750lbs he claims is made of anchor(s) then IMHO there is no reason it can't hold the FH other than if Hot Rod doesn't know how to set it.

With respect, a block mooring is very different to an anchor, including a crappy Hot Rod scrapyard anchor. If even a fraction of the 750lbs he claims is made of anchor(s) then IMHO there is no reason it can't hold the FH other than if Hot Rod doesn't know how to set it.

I am certain that Hot Rod has studied thousand different anchoring techniques!! Or should it be "ankers"??

Have you asked your neighbor to evaluate the mind of someone who consistently inject his wisdom and quasi psychological evaluations of "James" into this thread. That's as interesting as ol hot rod himself.

You gonna be the savior? Will you get to be the hero if he actually follows your advise? Hilarious how you have turned to only calling him James after speaking to your neighbor the shrink. Maybe she is doing a similar experiment with you.

no she still uses my nick :P should I consider myself safe right up until she stops ? :rolleyes:

Hmmm... something doesn't compute here. Is that 3k lb for concrete, by any chance? Where I come from, moorings are either helical screws (weight doesn't matter) or big-ass mushroom anchors. The biggest big-ass mushroom anchors I've seen (helped put in actually) are in the neighborhood of 400 lbs and they hold 60' sailboats just fine in sand or mud.

Thru hurricanes.

Needless to say they are on shorter scope than a cruising boats anchor but it's not just dangling near the bottom either.

THe reason I wonder if the spec is for concrete is that concrete is only about 15% more dense than water. Plenty heavy but it sheds more than half it's weight under water. A number of places use big cast cement slabs as moorings. Big... way bigger than a mushroom anchor for similar boat size.

FB- Doug

headed to dumbass :lol:

should blend right in B)

Love your work mate!

Go the Rodster!

+1 and your work is not too shabby either! :D Wow!!!

anchor-scope.jpgHot Rod - You should have at least 7:1 scope out there

(however, a round train wheeel has no digging power...)

what kind of fish?

what kind of fish?

Beat me to it. Although I do like the Wheeeeeee! el.

Most of Richardson bay is typical SF mud, which is pretty good holding. There was some mention of grass/weeds in the shallows where the FH is, but I didn't see any when I was there last month.

For reference, I anchored my 7000#, 28', 4ksb not far from the FH using a 10kg Rocna, 50' of 5/16" chain and just enough rope to let the chain hit the bottom (I need a Kellet)... Maybe only 4:1 scope in 8+ feet of water, and had zero dragging problems. 3 separate places, 4 nights on the hook, and I'm quite happy with my new anker.

Rod, I think you need to study up a bit more on what makes anchors dig in, and how you can improve that on your particular setup.

OK so let's call it a Barge and get on with it

And as much as it shall live out its life in the shallows

Might as well install a Spud or 2 or 4 & All Problems solved (figuratively speaking)

SBD-379-Inland-Spud-barge-3-500x375.jpg

9561565-large.jpg

Most of Richardson bay is typical SF mud, which is pretty good holding. There was some mention of grass/weeds in the shallows where the FH is, but I didn't see any when I was there last month.

For reference, I anchored my 7000#, 28', 4ksb not far from the FH using a 10kg Rocna, 50' of 5/16" chain and just enough rope to let the chain hit the bottom (I need a Kellet)... Maybe only 4:1 scope in 8+ feet of water, and had zero dragging problems. 3 separate places, 4 nights on the hook, and I'm quite happy with my new anker.

Rod, I think you need to study up a bit more on what makes anchors dig in, and how you can improve that on your particular setup.

I LOVE my 55lb. (25kg) Rocna!

A navy "anchor" is little or no more effective than any equivalent weight - concrete block, old engines or whatever. The navy anchor holds with weight, not by burying like a real anchor does.

A navy "anchor" is little or no more effective than any equivalent weight - concrete block, old engines or whatever. The navy anchor holds with weight, not by burying like a real anchor does.

If that was true, it would just be a big round lump of iron, rather than the very specific anchorey shape it is. All anchors are designed to get increased grip from their shape, although I agree that some do it better than others.

remember, there is no engine to help him set it….

headed to dumbass :lol:

should blend right in B)

That's not entirely fair. I once attempted to drage all the way to dumbass and only made it most of the way. It was quite challenging.

I was rather drunk at the time, of course.

Hmmm... something doesn't compute here. Is that 3k lb for concrete, by any chance? Where I come from, moorings are either helical screws (weight doesn't matter) or big-ass mushroom anchors. The biggest big-ass mushroom anchors I've seen (helped put in actually) are in the neighborhood of 400 lbs and they hold 60' sailboats just fine in sand or mud.

Thru hurricanes.

Needless to say they are on shorter scope than a cruising boats anchor but it's not just dangling near the bottom either.

THe reason I wonder if the spec is for concrete is that concrete is only about 15% more dense than water. Plenty heavy but it sheds more than half it's weight under water. A number of places use big cast cement slabs as moorings. Big... way bigger than a mushroom anchor for similar boat size.

FB- Doug

The table was for concrete. Water is 64 Lbs/Cubic foot, concrete is 145 Lbs/Cubic foot - assuming no steel in it.

that 3000lb's is misleading if you're talking about a concrete block..

"You need to know the volume of the block, so you can find the weight of water that it displaces.' then subtract that from the original weight... the relative weight could almost be half of the original..

If that was true, it would just be a big round lump of iron, rather than the very specific anchorey shape it is. All anchors are designed to get increased grip from their shape, although I agree that some do it better than others.

Take a look at some anchor tests - the stockless or navy style is nearly completely useless except as a big weight, shape or not.

Hang on a sec... Are you dragging a train wheel anchor that you found off one of the restaurants? Horizons if memory serves? I was loosely associated with that project. Dave I think put that one in, and it's more than just the wheel. It's the wheel and axle, and the chain is attached to the end of the axle. Sucker was buried. The suction power of that setup has to be enormous.

No way in heck you are dragging that.

I was going to point out that it is a bit of a tricky anchoring situation; there's significant current from the tide, plus some real wind and rolly waves and wakes. But that assumes 'normal' anchoring techniques where setting the anchor is part of the routine. With no engine or sail power, the FH can't really set a digging type anchor.

I'll admit I had my own share of difficulties when having to deal with a southern wind and northern current while setting... but it was more about getting the nylon rope tangled on a fin keel and my own inexperience. Still, even with everything 'right', we would swing quite a bit as the current and wind fought for control.

Frankly, the FH would be best served by driving a piling through the shallow water into the bottomless mud.... except the harbormaster might have something to say about that.

I was going to point out that it is a bit of a tricky anchoring situation; there's significant current from the tide, plus some real wind and rolly waves and wakes. But that assumes 'normal' anchoring techniques where setting the anchor is part of the routine. With no engine or sail power, the FH can't really set a digging type anchor.

I'll admit I had my own share of difficulties when having to deal with a southern wind and northern current while setting... but it was more about getting the nylon rope tangled on a fin keel and my own inexperience. Still, even with everything 'right', we would swing quite a bit as the current and wind fought for control.

Frankly, the FH would be best served by driving a piling through the shallow water into the bottomless mud.... except the harbormaster might have something to say about that.

I'm going to hell for this one for sure, but anything to derail an anchoring discussion.

I have to point out that the Raccoon is too late. The Flyin' Hawaiian has already reproduced. Meet FH Jr.

20131003_194054.jpg

I'm going to hell for this one for sure, but anything to derail an anchoring discussion.

I have to point out that the Raccoon is too late. The Flyin' Hawaiian has already reproduced. Meet FH Jr.

20131003_194054.jpg

YESSS!!!

Are those round things on the ground the ankers?

You're not using OSB, are you?

How much force on the rutters?

Post pics of the rear steps, please, so we can see what kind of meteorologist you are

FH JR! at least 'RM' gives us videos!

20131003_194054.jpg

YESSS!!!

Are those round things on the ground the ankers?

You're not using OSB, are you?

How much force on the rutters?

Post pics of the rear steps, please, so we can see what kind of meteorologist you are

Oh c'mon you guys. I've looked at the Flynn Howwhyyn thousands of times, and that's no FH. The sides of the hull are CURVED for gosh sakes! That cabin top structure does not look nearly enough like a Union Ironclad! It has an actual crossbeam structure... still might be 4-star, juries still out...

FB- Doug

what kind of fish?

Beat me to it. Although I do like the Wheeeeeee! el.

riiiiight.....

Maybe the FH is stretching and he thinks its dragging? Train wheel and axle if he's dragging that then his only chance is to run a cable from a nice oak tree or house across RB then rig up a bridle to the cable. Anyone know if there are any long cables on the old Bay Bridge? I doubt anyone would miss them.

The trick will be getting the ends of the cable sorted out without anyone noticing big eye bolts drilled through their house.

Has anyone said it yet?

Possibly the classic case of newbie boat owner buying too much boat?

20131003_194054.jpg

Here we go, here we go, here we gooooo........

20131003_194054.jpg

If the FH really spawned this the father must be a real looker.

Any way, there's hope. It doesn't appear to have hatched yet...

We can't let it reproduce!

20131003_194054.jpg

Careful Tom, we both know that it is similar in looks only. This boat is a "large cruising cat" for a fellow watertriber. After an EC this thing look palatial. And you know it's better built. I do 'cause the builder has built some sweet WT boats and has an impressive record. He actually has studied designs and has miles under his belt! But I do think it looks like FH junior. Oh except there are curves in the hulls!

Thru hurricanes.

FB- Doug

The table was for concrete. Water is 64 Lbs/Cubic foot, concrete is 145 Lbs/Cubic foot - assuming no steel in it.

Would the forces on a concrete rudder going through water be the same as in a steel rudder?

FH JR! at least 'RM' gives us videos!

Very cool little cat. But....That guy must not have to get up in the middle of the night to pee :(

Was the train wheel attached to something at the end of the tunnel? Maybe a light?

If you're having trouble getting the anchors to hold, then try putting the boat on a lee shore. That will hold it.

hell just lower the boat a coupla feet and problem solved, may need to raise bunks etc a bit though

Was the train wheel attached to something at the end of the tunnel? Maybe a light?

If you're having trouble getting the anchors to hold, then try putting the boat on a lee shore. That will hold it.

The point is is that the FH needs a tow to Alameda or ???? I rec'd a call from him that he was dragging a train wheel, a 150# Danforth, and a few grapnels in a 10kt breeze. He was looking for a tow to Alameda for $200. The holding is better there, I guess. I declined the offer due to fear and the negative return.

I might do it for free if it makes any sense at all- I used to be a Sea Scout. Richardson's Bay in the winter is a bad bet for this POS...

He is worried about his destiny of ending up on Belvedere Island. Sounds like he wants to go to the estuary, near CG island. I don't really have a towboat up to the task, or I might just try it. I think it might need two boats; one on a towline, and one on the hip.

I offered him an old 150# Chinese Danforth for free, but he declined. My guess is that he doesn't really want to stay in Marin for the storm season....Can't say I blame him.

If he wasn't such a finger biter, I might offer my services for free.

The point is is that the FH needs a tow to Alameda or ???? I rec'd a call from him that he was dragging a train wheel, a 150# Danforth, and a few grapnels in a 10kt breeze. He was looking for a tow to Alameda for $200. The holding is better there, I guess. I declined the offer due to fear and the negative return.

I might do it for free if it makes any sense at all- I used to be a Sea Scout. Richardson's Bay in the winter is a bad bet for this POS...

He is worried about his destiny of ending up on Belvedere Island. Sounds like he wants to go to the estuary, near CG island. I don't really have a towboat up to the task, or I might just try it. I think it might need two boats; one on a towline, and one on the hip.

I offered him an old 150# Chinese Danforth for free, but he declined. My guess is that he doesn't really want to stay in Marin for the storm season....Can't say I blame him.

If he wasn't such a finger biter, I might offer my services for free.

Welcome but we do have some traditions around here. Kindly post a photo of your GF's rack. Again, welcome.

20131003_194054.jpg

Careful Tom, we both know that it is similar in looks only. This boat is a "large cruising cat" for a fellow watertriber. After an EC this thing look palatial. And you know it's better built. I do 'cause the builder has built some sweet WT boats and has an impressive record. He actually has studied designs and has miles under his belt! But I do think it looks like FH junior. Oh except there are curves in the hulls!

Hah, yeah that's why I'm going to hell. I did call the boat FH Jr on his Facebook page and he seemed amused. Pretty sure he's got the sense of humor to take this as a joke.

Yeah, I figured I was being mean enough just putting his boat here without a link.

For the record, I'm a big admirer of Roger and have long been subscribed to his YouTube channel.

I disagree just a bit with zerothehero's statement that FH Jr is similar to FH in appearance only. Roger is a huge fan of quick-and-dirty construction and nearly as big a fan of doing it cheap. That's a similarity. A big difference is that when something doesn't work, he'll post a video about it.