U20guy2

65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

A train weel on a chain .do u know how much it fucking weighs? Im draging it and all my anchors to dumbass.

So if the FH weighs 6 tons and sinks it'll be heavy enough to hold the binliner? It'd make an impressive anker.

Would the hardly-worthit son make a useful kedge? All those sticking-out bits would dig in the mud nicely...

Ya know if he gut a pool company to shoot the whole MoFo w Gunite

from the waterline on up 3" thick all over the Facking Place

then flipped it over !!!!

Well then he'd have something ;)

Does this "vessel" have "sails?" Why not take her for a sail and see what she can do?

As far as anchoring goes, why not just buck up and get the right ground tackle? Certainly there are used anchors available?

As far as the suitability of the attachment point, why not spread the load a bit? Once, when I anchored my sailboat for a hurricane in Lake Sylvia, I used 4 anchors. I was weary of the front cleat. On each side of the boat, i lead the line through the chaulk and aft to the primary winch making sure there was no place to chafe along the way. One anchor got cleated to the front cleat. And, one line was tied to the mast the same way. Overkill for sure, but peace of mind.

Ya know if he gut a pool company to shoot the whole MoFo w Gunite

from the waterline on up 3" thick all over the Facking Place

then flipped it over !!!!

Well then he'd have something ;)

Yup, an upside down pile of shit.

You're new here, eh?

Not really, but, hey, thanks for the welcome. Chicago, me too. B dock in Dusable. (And G dock for the powerboat as well.)

Don't read too much into my assumptions. I am not assuming that this is a real vessel capable of handling any kind of sea state, hence my use of quotation marks. The guy after all did build "something" and has a certain belief in what it is that he built. So, why not a "shakedown" cruise to see how she handles the sea? The proof is in the pudding. Let's see what she does. Can she sail a "round trip" meaning both into the wind and back? That seems to be the biggest hurdle. Certainly a little shakedown cruise is better than just heading off to Hawaii or wherever it is he is planning on heading.

What I don't understand is why all the ruckus with the anchoring. It would seem to be much more trouble to secure a train wheel and bring it out to the barge vs. just getting the proper anchor.

You're new here, eh?

Not really, but, hey, thanks for the welcome. Chicago, me too. B dock in Dusable. (And G dock for the powerboat as well.)

Don't read too much into my assumptions. I am not assuming that this is a real vessel capable of handling any kind of sea state, hence my use of quotation marks. The guy after all did build "something" and has a certain belief in what it is that he built. So, why not a "shakedown" cruise to see how she handles the sea? The proof is in the pudding. Let's see what she does. Can she sail a "round trip" meaning both into the wind and back? That seems to be the biggest hurdle. Certainly a little shakedown cruise is better than just heading off to Hawaii or wherever it is he is planning on heading.

What I don't understand is why all the ruckus with the anchoring. It would seem to be much more trouble to secure a train wheel and bring it out to the barge vs. just getting the proper anchor.

extremely new to this conversation- come back after you have read the 90 pages that precedes this.

Cliffs notes version: You got a plywood shipping container floating, improperly secured, no means of propulsion (sail or power) no functional rudders, and materials used in construction that are either rusting out slowly, or turning into wooden mush.

You're new here, eh?

extremely new to this conversation- come back after you have read the 90 pages that precedes this.

Cliffs notes version: You got a plywood shipping container floating, improperly secured, no means of propulsion (sail or power) no functional rudders, and materials used in construction that are either rusting out slowly, or turning into wooden mush.

Yeah I saw all that:)

But so far, he seemingly is taking issue with all that, no? So, again, I say let's see what she can do. Better she become a reef somewhere offshore rather than in the harbor, no?

If she has no sails, why not? What was he going to do about that?

I missed the part about "functional rudders," with the key word being "functional." Do they go down and move back and forth? Then give them a rip! He also seems to think they are strong enough, no?

And just to be fair, in order to be "seaworthy" a vessel need not have even sugar scoop steps. But does shed plenty of light on the subject. How hard is it to get that right?

Could we get a wekend update? Has he made it to dumbass yet?

I'll expand that list for you JZK.

1. No working engines. There is no way to attach the Seagulls and they are way under powered.

2. No functional steering. The rudders are not hooked up to the wheel or tillers.

3. Non functional sails. The sail arrangement is unusual with a diagonal spar for an as yet to be determined sail.

4. No sailing hardware. This includes winches, clutches, stoppers, blocks, etc.

5. No keels or boards. Upwind sailing will most likely not be possible.

HR as a long way to go before she moves at all.

You're new here, eh?

I strongly doubt there is really a train wheel. If you haven't followed the story, it's difficult to believe just how full of shit HotRod is... and he's convincing because he's one of those guys who believes anything he says.

Agree "the proof is in the pudding"and here is what HotRod and Flyyyn Howyyynn have actually done- been built using a minimum of the cheapest possible building materials, with a minimum of skill, while aggressively ignoring any input or advice, to no sensible design. Survived being launched. Still floating after all these months. Anchored somewhere near the birthing marina after being kicked out (HR and fambly firmly believe you can live on a boat for free), dragged anchor, blew aground, got pulled off by the USCG and blamed the USCG for damaging the boat which has no cleats nor any place strong enough to bolt one to. Assaulted dockmaster at marina for not continuing to let them freeload (the finger-biting episode). Towed to China Camp, then towed by mysterious helpers to Richardson Bay, dragged anchor multiple times until put on mooring which they don't own, aren't paying for, and aren't thankful for. Argued with any/every advice about sails, apparently they have never hoisted any of the sails which is not all that surprising since they have no winches, no cleats, no appropriate places or structure to which to mount running rigging.

And all this while, calling everybody who tries to make helpful suggestions a dumbass. And asking for money.

Now that you're up to speed, any good suggestions?

FB- Doug

I have seen train wheels sold as alternative to mushroom or Dor-Mor anchor. They lack the long shank that the chain can wrap around when tide turns. There are several in use here in Essex Harbor on the CT River.

post-30927-0-13361800-1381765437_thumb.jpg

Oh, HotRod got on this train a long way past dumbass. But I think he's lured a bunch of us into getting on too.

However I will say that this is truly quality entertainment.

FB- Doug

You're new here, eh?

I strongly doubt there is really a train wheel. If you haven't followed the story, it's difficult to believe just how full of shit HotRod is... and he's convincing because he's one of those guys who believes anything he says.

Agree "the proof is in the pudding"and here is what HotRod and Flyyyn Howyyynn have actually done- been built using a minimum of the cheapest possible building materials, with a minimum of skill, while aggressively ignoring any input or advice, to no sensible design. Survived being launched. Still floating after all these months. Anchored somewhere near the birthing marina after being kicked out (HR and fambly firmly believe you can live on a boat for free), dragged anchor, blew aground, got pulled off by the USCG and blamed the USCG for damaging the boat which has no cleats nor any place strong enough to bolt one to. Assaulted dockmaster at marina for not continuing to let them freeload (the finger-biting episode). Towed to China Camp, then towed by mysterious helpers to Richardson Bay, dragged anchor multiple times until put on mooring which they don't own, aren't paying for, and aren't thankful for. Argued with any/every advice about sails, apparently they have never hoisted any of the sails which is not all that surprising since they have no winches, no cleats, no appropriate places or structure to which to mount running rigging.

And all this while, calling everybody who tries to make helpful suggestions a dumbass. And asking for money.

FB- Doug

Tell them that they're being presented with a $10,000 cheque and that the whole family has to attend a ceremony to get it.. Pick them up, bring them for a decent meal. While they chow down, make sure FH is vacated by any non-marine life forms, take it in tow to somewhere deep and sink it.

I was wondering how they got the train wheel there.

It's still inside the Bayliner and well its been missing for a few weeks now. Perhaps we now know where it went?

I was wondering how they got the train wheel there.

He's probably still on the mooring, which is undoubtedly anchored by a train wheel.

That's where he started I think.

You're new here, eh?

FB- Doug

Steamer - you are the grand master of succinctness - you totally condensed 9000 posts over several years into those few words.

Admirable writing skills my man.

Tick - tick -tick

BTW Oakland and Alameda have been discussing solution to the Homeless floating encampment issue for the last 6 months or so. PA just passed pretty stiff penalties for sleeping in your car on public streets. It's only a matter of time before one of the homeless craft in Alameda Estuary sinks and creates an issue for Oakland or Alameda and they come down on the floating homeless like a typhoon. It's not like they are hidden under an overpass or anything. The concept of floating homeless isn't new in the Bay Area however till about 8yrs ago it wasn't a big issue with junk boats getting abandoned and becoming navigation and fouled water problems for counties and Cities. Then about 8-9yrs ago the floating homeless thing started to explode on a scale that no one had really seen before and yes many of the boats ended up fouling up the bottom costing tax payers money to remove.

The bigger question is why would someone like HR move from Orland CA where one could more or less live on nothing with a roof over their head on land vs move to the BA where you need money to live with a roof over you head be it a house or a boat?

The bigger question is why would someone like HR move from Orland CA where one could more or less live on nothing with a roof over their head on land vs move to the BA where you need money to live with a roof over you head be it a house or a boat?

Because he watched "Captain Ron" way too many times?

Tick - tick -tick

BTW Oakland and Alameda have been discussing solution to the Homeless floating encampment issue for the last 6 months or so. PA just passed pretty stiff penalties for sleeping in your car on public streets. It's only a matter of time before one of the homeless craft in Alameda Estuary sinks and creates an issue for Oakland or Alameda and they come down on the floating homeless like a typhoon. It's not like they are hidden under an overpass or anything. The concept of floating homeless isn't new in the Bay Area however till about 8yrs ago it wasn't a big issue with junk boats getting abandoned and becoming navigation and fouled water problems for counties and Cities. Then about 8-9yrs ago the floating homeless thing started to explode on a scale that no one had really seen before and yes many of the boats ended up fouling up the bottom costing tax payers money to remove.

You must be new to Northern California.

The number of anchor-outs now or 10 years ago is a small fraction of what it was 30-40 years ago. There is nobody in Guadalupe Slough or Alvisio Slough or Redwood Creek, all of which had good sized populations at one point.. Sausalito had totally unregulated houseboat communities, Richardson's Bay had a whole commune on the Navy barge (with a dozen boats tied alongside) plus Forbes Island and probably 5x the number of liveaboards anchored out that it does now.

The only population that's exploded is the community of nouveau riche pricks worried about the bay view from their pretentious drywall shitbox McMansions.

Tick - tick -tick

You must be new to Northern California.

The number of anchor-outs now or 10 years ago is a small fraction of what it was 30-40 years ago. There is nobody in Guadalupe Slough or Alvisio Slough or Redwood Creek, all of which had good sized populations at one point.. Sausalito had totally unregulated houseboat communities, Richardson's Bay had a whole commune on the Navy barge (with a dozen boats tied alongside) plus Forbes Island and probably 5x the number of liveaboards anchored out that it does now.

The only population that's exploded is the community of nouveau riche pricks worried about the bay view from their pretentious drywall shitbox McMansions.

Actually no the homeless boating thing was in decline up till the Dot bomb free flowing money days happened then it continued to expand to various areas of the BAY where this issue had not been a problem before. Last I checked its not the rich people complaining its the Cities and Counties who are sick of footing the clean up bill.

Because he watched "Captain Ron" way too many times?

Now now, there is no need to sully Captain Ron's name by connecting it to the FH..

Now, now, we've already had ll have no discussion of drywall wetwall shitboxes in the FH thread.

fixed it for you.....

A train weel on a chain .do u know how much it fucking weighs? Im draging it and all my anchors to dumbass.

So if the FH weighs 6 tons and sinks it'll be heavy enough to hold the binliner? It'd make an impressive anker.

Would the hardly-worthit son make a useful kedge? All those sticking-out bits would dig in the mud nicely...

I don`t know how anyone could even remotely believe that the FH weighs only six tons.

No way possible.An AC 72 weighs over six tons !

I'll expand that list for you JZK.

1. No working engines. There is no way to attach the Seagulls and they are way under powered.

2. No functional steering. The rudders are not hooked up to the wheel or tillers.

3. Non functional sails. The sail arrangement is unusual with a diagonal spar for an as yet to be determined sail.

4. No sailing hardware. This includes winches, clutches, stoppers, blocks, etc.

5. No keels or boards. Upwind sailing will most likely not be possible.

You forgot 6. Asymmetric hulls, just like a Hobie 16! derp.png

Except they're asymmetric the wrong way and will promote leeway, not lift, under sail.

Hot Rod,

Believe In Your Dream.

Just Go Out The Gate.

Head To Hawaii.

There Is Free Anchorage Waiting In The Shadow Of Diamond Head.

Bart Simpson Said So.

If You Can't Believe Bart, Who Can You Believe?

post-9871-0-42936300-1381808115_thumb.gif

Square over the Root of the Hypotenuse folded in half -_-

Square over the Root of the Hypotenuse folded in half -_-

if the Chargers can beat the Colts, HR can sail to Hawaii

anchor-scope.jpgHot Rod - You should have at least 7:1 scope out there

(however, a round train wheeel has no digging power...)

what kind of fish?

Beat me to it. Although I do like the Wheeeeeee! el.
riiiiight.....

7 to 1 scope with 98 rode? Why not 70 feet?

Add the bow height above the water.

(10 + 4) therefore 14 feet @ 7 to 1 = 98 feet.

Moot point anyway as FH has -

Inadequate ankers.

A train wheel which may be too light.

Insufficient rode / chain.

Inadequate anchor attachment points to hulls?

Too much windage.

And the rest, bored now.....

I wouldn't count on James having a train wheel, or wheels as the case may be, he's not all that honest and just cause he said it, doesn't make it so.

I don`t know how anyone could even remotely believe that the FH weighs only six tons.

Didn't Mr. Lane claim a ton or so of resin, alone????

I wouldn't count on James having a train wheel, or wheels as the case may be, he's not all that honest and just cause he said it, doesn't make it so.

As I have noted previously, train wheels are a common substitute for a 500 pound mushroom or Dor-Mor mooring anchor.

maybe he should offload the weight room, the bbq and the hardlyworthitson. If nothing else it will slow the inflow of water through the stern steering cable holes,

What he still doesnt understand is that cats sail to their anchor, especially when the sides resemble billboards in windage. Id suggest a stern stabilising sail, but that will just tear the patio roof off. The next onshore wind he gets, will blow him so far into the shallows that only a matchbox and match can end his problems short of ramming something like a freighter.. i sense a ghostwritten book in the makings... Rand ? .. Who was that maersked man ?

Seagulls on a barge like that!

It's like building a Winnebago out of cereal boxes and fitting a Briggs and Stratton.n trying

btw. Sink it won't. Swamp maybe but with no ballast this thing is going to be a nasty floating garbage dump when it comes apart.

Didn't Mr. Lane claim a ton or so of resin, alone????

>>>>>I wouldn't count on James having a train wheel, or wheels as the case may be, he's not all that honest and just cause he said it, doesn't make it so.

As I have noted previously, train wheels are a common substitute for a 500 pound mushroom or Dor-Mor mooring anchor.

HR said he used 1000 US gallons of epoxy at about 9 pounds each so that works out to 4.5 US tons of goo. If one assumes about $50 per gal then that's $50,000. Could be more or less especially when you factor in shipping and taxes.

Way back in this thread HR said he was going to power the FH with a pair of 9.9 hp outboards. I had posted that most cats this size have somewhere in the 50 to 150 hp range and that would be for each motor in each hull or about 100 hp to 300 hp total.

19.8 hp should be fine.

Panga Boat - $1499 (El Cajon)

00606_2QmRfFjLOmk_600x450.jpg
00b0b_ie2iW8EbbPr_50x50c.jpg00606_2QmRfFjLOmk_50x50c.jpg
Glass over plywood panga. Project is about 80-90% complete. It just needs for you to finish it out, the way you want it. Hull is designed to do 9 knots with 9 horsepower. Boat is 24 feet long.

Call Tom

(619) 277-4480

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Posting ID: 4131876464

Posted: 2013-10-15, 4:24PM PDT

Might be a way to make the most of HR's OB's ^_^

00b0b_ie2iW8EbbPr_50x50c.jpg00606_2QmRfFjLOmk_50x50c.jpg

What a P.O.S. Nowhere to put a modor-cicle.

I took a week off from this thread and it's taken me another week to catch back up. Total posts / post-worthy posts >> 1.

This thread now has the feel of a small crowd sitting around outside a hospital room waiting for the terminally ill patient to succumb to the inevitable.

This thread now has the feel of a small crowd sitting around outside a hospital room waiting for the terminally ill patient to succumb to the inevitable.

Like a hospice thread.

Like a hospice thread.

And you made fun of us for arguing about ruters

FB- Doug

Like a hospice thread.

FB- Doug

It's RUTTERS with two T's Doug!!

jeezus effing kayrist, this thing aint broke up yet?

... ...

and you made fun of us for arguing about ruters

It's RUTTERS with two T's Doug!!

The second T only comes in after being dragged to dumbass.

Good thing we have too much dignity to argue in public

FB- Doug

jeezus effing kayrist, this thing aint broke up yet?

Like a hospice thread.

FB- Doug

I don't remember that. I just want to see what the Hawaiian can do!

hate to interrupt the boredom with some of what could be fact, but here goes:

If HR is heading to the estuary he could be in for as much trouble as he all ready has, or more, look for the headline "OAKLAND'S ANCHOR-OUT COMMUNITY" on the following link:

http://www.latitude38.com/letters/201310.html

there is more about the topic in earlier issues of latitude.

Here is more:

http://www.alamedasun.com/local-and-hometown/9833-marina-owners-complain-of-anchor-out-abuses

http://www.alamedasun.com/local-and-hometown/12308-unregistered-boats-to-be-towed-at-end-of-month

a lot more is out there if you are interested in googling it.

HR, if you haven't all ready made it to Alameda/Oakland, you should probably not bother.

If HR is heading to the estuary he could be in for as much trouble as he all ready has, or more, look for the headline "OAKLAND'S ANCHOR-OUT COMMUNITY" on the following link:

Here is more:

http://www.alamedasun.com/local-and-hometown/9833-marina-owners-complain-of-anchor-out-abuses

http://www.alamedasun.com/local-and-hometown/12308-unregistered-boats-to-be-towed-at-end-of-month

HR, if you haven't all ready made it to Alameda/Oakland, you should probably not bother.

But those are HR's people. Just don't steal my outboard, please. Not a 9.9 so it won't push the FH .

What's the TAX Man say about a 2013 65' Sailing KAT on the waters of the State of Kalifornia ??

It could be argued that the FH is worth less than $5000 or whatever the cut off but none the less ???

Without a Survey to prove otherwise A 2013 65' Sailing Kat could be Taxed at a value of $4,000,000.00

and like 1 or 2% = :o:o:o:o

And as Built in the US and no way to take out of US waters for 90 Daz = Sales TAX too ........ Scary Thought

Gawdammit, don't we have enough flotsam to dodge down in the estuary?

you could take it up with fastbottom, who was promoting the idea.

Woody, that tax idea is scary

What's the TAX Man say about a 2013 65' Sailing KAT on the waters of the State of Kalifornia ??

It could be argued that the FH is worth less than $5000 or whatever the cut off but none the less ???

Without a Survey to prove otherwise A 2013 65' Sailing Kat could be Taxed at a value of $4,000,000.00

and like 1 or 2% = :o:o:o:o

And as Built in the US and no way to take out of US waters for 90 Daz = Sales TAX too ........ Scary Thought

It hasn't been sold (I guess the Wounded Warrior guy walked away from the deal, eh HR?) so no sales tax, but the property tax is real. HR's valuation puts it more toward the $4M end of the scale. We all know he's full of shit, but the tax man may not...

It's a home build, so they would ask for receipts of the costs of materials.

But he really could use some training wheels.

Here is more:

But those are HR's people. Just don't steal my outboard, please. Not a 9.9 so it won't push the FH .

The Estuary floating homeless encampments have actually made it on evening news a couple of times in the past year so just from the fact that your local worthless TV news coverage has covered this issue goes to show that the official officials who are tasked with dealing with it do know about this and they do not like the fact that the issue is only getting larger. What I find interesting is that if these people are under an over pass they are considered homeless and they get swept up every few months to clean up the mess and many get sent to shelters and some even get evaluated mental health etc. But when they move to floating wrecks on the bay they some how gain the right to more or less do the same thing they did under the underpass only its in the Bay.

I'm all for people being able to live on boats when they carry their share of what it takes to do that in a responsible manner. Clean uncluttered decks, functional boats that can go visit other locations and who are paying taxes and or both slip fees that support the Marine industry.

I recall a boat must move every X days in CA to remain in a transient status to avoid getting taxed by the county they are parked in. I know a SWAN 62 owner who moves his boat every 3 months for this exact reason - however I must say he does enjoy spending time on the boat in all the various locations too. Not to mention its a beast and easily gets its self up and down the WEST coast either by sail or power. Something the FH can't do. No idea how Hot Rod will handle a County TAX assessment on the FH? One thing is for sure all Counties in CA are quick to slap tax value on boats parked in their county and arguing the value with them is not easily done or handled with a short fuse.

I just looked at the California Board Of Equalization website. They do the taxes there. In California you have to pay a sales tax or use tax which is the same rate for any vehicle or vessel. For instance, they would charge you a use tax in a private car sale. I think this is required before you can register it with the state. And after a certain amount of time they will make you register it if it stays in their waters. I suspect that he may be able to offset this tax by any he paid for materials in the build. But somebody eventually is going to come up to HR and say he owes.

Did I get that right?

BTW I live in Montana. There is no sales tax at all. You can register any motor vehicle permanently if you wish for a higher fee. Boats, bikes and trailers can only be registered permanently. The tags say perm. You can register your 65' cat here for under $300 permanently. It don't even have to be here. Ya gotta love it!

BTW I live in Montana. There is no sales tax at all. You can register any motor vehicle permanently if you wish for a higher fee. Boats, bikes and trailers can only be registered permanently. The tags say perm. You can register your 65' cat here for under $300 permanently. It don't even have to be here. Ya gotta love it!

Where would you sail it?

Where would you sail it?

Where has he sailed it already?

Where would you sail it?

Well nowhere of course, but I meant a generic person who registers a 65 foot cat in Montana for $300 permanently. Where would such a person sail such a cat in Montana?

One thing is for sure all Counties in CA are quick to slap tax value on boats parked in their county and arguing the value with them is not easily done or handled with a short fuse.

What is the penalty for biting a tax assessor's finger?

Where would you sail it?

Well nowhere of course, but I meant a generic person who registers a 65 foot cat in Montana for $300 permanently. Where would such a person sail such a cat in Montana?

The cat doesn't even have to be here ever. Just register it here. Ain't gonna help HR because of Kalifornias rule but most states it will do. But if you do get your 65 foot cat here you could try Fort Peck Lake. It's about 140 miles long and the 5th largest man made lake in the US. It blows like stink there, too. Or you could mingle with the rich folks on Flathead lake which is the largest natural lake west of the Mississippi. It's just slightly bigger than Tahoe. Both can be seen from space. Flathead has some pretty clear water most times. All the larger lakes have marinas and even yacht clubs. .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Peck_Lake

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flathead_Lake

Scroll down halfway to see the Montana from space shot. That's Fort Peck in the east and Flathead in the west. For reference remember that Montana is about 650 miles wide and 4th largest state. Those are big frickin lakes.

http://www.globalpositions.com/terratopo.htm

I just looked at the California Board Of Equalization website. They do the taxes there. In California you have to pay a sales tax or use tax which is the same rate for any vehicle or vessel. For instance, they would charge you a use tax in a private car sale. I think this is required before you can register it with the state. And after a certain amount of time they will make you register it if it stays in their waters. I suspect that he may be able to offset this tax by any he paid for materials in the build. But somebody eventually is going to come up to HR and say he owes.

Did I get that right?

Vehicles in CA its a 30 day grace period after that you can and will get a ticket to get the vehicle licensed in CA. Thats a bit of a rub of mine I know of several neighbors who have out of state registered cars and they've been here for 2+yrs with the same plates. Drive on CA roads and live here - register your fucking car here! Pay your fair share.

Boats as I said even if he registered it in Cape Town he would need to move it every X number of days to avoid being assessed. The move also needs to be more than just a couple of miles away from my understanding or your tax dodge becomes obvious to the State and they will still come after you for TAXes

Hotrod is my savior, I shall not want...

CALIFORNIA CONSTITUTION
ARTICLE 13 TAXATION

SEC. 3. The following are exempt from property taxation:
( a ) Property owned by the State.
( b ) Property owned by a local government, except as otherwise
provided in Section 11(a).
( c ) Bonds issued by the State or a local government in the State.
( d ) Property used for libraries and museums that are free and open
to the public and property used exclusively for public schools,
community colleges, state colleges, and state universities.
( e ) Buildings, land, equipment, and securities used exclusively
for educational purposes by a nonprofit institution of higher
education.
( f ) Buildings, land on which they are situated, and equipment used
exclusively for religious worship.

( g ) Property used or held exclusively for the permanent deposit of
human dead or for the care and maintenance of the property or the
dead, except when used or held for profit. This property is also
exempt from special assessment.
( h ) Growing crops.

Can I get an Amen brotha'?

Amen Brotha?

"Eat a Peach" !!!

Amen, not Allmen! Although, HR has most definitely been tied to the whippin' post. Oh lord...

Hotrod is my savior, I shall not want...

CALIFORNIA CONSTITUTION

ARTICLE 13 TAXATION

SEC. 3. The following are exempt from property taxation:

( a ) Property owned by the State.

( b ) Property owned by a local government, except as otherwise

provided in Section 11(a).

( c ) Bonds issued by the State or a local government in the State.

( d ) Property used for libraries and museums that are free and open

to the public and property used exclusively for public schools,

community colleges, state colleges, and state universities.

( e ) Buildings, land, equipment, and securities used exclusively

for educational purposes by a nonprofit institution of higher

education.

( f ) Buildings, land on which they are situated, and equipment used

exclusively for religious worship.

( g ) Property used or held exclusively for the permanent deposit of

human dead or for the care and maintenance of the property or the

dead, except when used or held for profit. This property is also

exempt from special assessment.

( h ) Growing crops.

Forgot one.

Where would you sail it?

$300 is steep

in Kalifornia it's $20 for 2 years

But regardless of where your tags say is home

in Kalifornia you'll get hit for some kind of Property Tax & some places the Tax on the spot you are sittin

I'll bet HR gets a $50,000.00 Property Tax on his 2013 65' Twin Mast KAT with 3,000+ square feet of Luxury

"They" will think it's worth MORE than even HR could imagine

And A$k of HR Accordingly - or HR could contest the a$$e$$ment

With the completion of a short simple form and Full $urvey

The Cost of Living FREE shall be Quite Expencive starting all to soon - Sadly

Wow. And I thought the rutters and CDX discussions were dull. But tax?! Seriously?! Where's the Anarchy?!

Wow. And I thought the rutters and CDX discussions were dull. But tax?! Seriously?! * Where's the Anarchy?!

*dude bought it an toe'ed it 2 Kanada

How exactly does the "Perm" work in other states?

Is it like holding up a cross to Dracula?

Depends on the state. The boat could come to Florida and get a 90 day cruising permit, which can be extended for another 90 days. But if your boat is here for half a year or more without leaving, it's a Florida boat and they will want to collect tax on it.

And Torsten is right. This tax discussion is making me want the anchoring hijack back.

OK so in a fight, who would win, Weedo or the Rod?? Rod certanly has the tyson biting crazy geene but weedo may have the drunken zen cage fighting thing down pat...

Discuss.......

OK so in a fight, who would win, Weedo or the Rod?? Rod certanly has the tyson biting crazy geene but weedo may have the drunken zen cage fighting thing down pat...

Discuss.......

Weid has that creepy skeleton suit like the bad guys in Karate Kid... does that make him badder or does that make him a loser?

HR at least owns a cheapo imitation Harley, does that make him a bike-gangster or a loser?

FB- Doug

Hot Rod would go reg army on Reid.

Throw in a few oral/digital encounters and it's Game Over.

Afterwards they'd sit down together and trade sources for reasonably-priced used marine hardware.

----

California State Board of Equalization: "Mr. Lane, we need to collect tax for your ... ................. uhhhh, is THAT your boat?!!?"

HR: "Yup. Built 'er myself!"

CSBoE: "You're kidding..."

HR: "Every last 2x4!"

CSBoE: "Uh, look... ya got a 20? We'll call it even."