U20guy2

65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

Poof? I was out in Sausalito/RB last Sunday and did not see the FH. ?????

go check the Raccoon Poop just in case B)

Poof? I was out in Sausalito/RB last Sunday and did not see the FH. ?????

go check the Raccoon Poop just in case B)

FAT-raccoon.jpg

Food duct taped to a cute chick so that wild critters can feed off of her. I don't even want to know what's going on here. Too kinky, even for a deviate like me.

Diff'rent strokes, Willis.

Take it Welcome to Prevert Anarchy.

fixed

and just how many carrots did they pull out of that Rabid Hole :o:o:o:o:o

That is one of the stupidist bits of "Hey Y'all, watch this" I've ever seen. That girl is lucky she wasn't ripped apart by those cute little critters - they can be as dangerous as wild cats - their teeth & claws are every bit as sharp.

Clicky linky. It's worth five minutes of your life.;)

"She's safe -- we taped broccoli to her ladybits."

On the other hand woodchucks love broccoli. Sounds like one of those "hold my beer; watch this ,,," moments.

Round here if you see a raccoon the assumption is it's either roadkill or rabid.

That is one of the stupidist bits of "Hey Y'all, watch this" I've ever seen. That girl is lucky she wasn't ripped apart by those cute little critters - they can be as dangerous as wild cats - their teeth & claws are every bit as sharp.

Raccoons are mean. They're smart and they have little social instinct... perfect little sadists

I have known a number of people with pet raccoons, when young they are cute & fun, but once they get to ful adulthood they almost invariably turn ill-tempered and destructive. One friend of mine's brother had a pet raccoon that he refused to get rid of it ... developed a habit of torturing the dog, then mom got rid of it for him.

Decades ago I had to take a drunk neigbor to the emergency room late at night when he tried to catch a raccoon that had been raiding his garbage. It ripped him up like a buzz saw ... come to think of it, he may have said "Hold my beer & watch this" but I wasn't there when it happened.

Girl is cute but stupid. Unfortunate. What is her plan when those raccoons start fighting over the last sandwich? And those raccoons are really really fat, they must be far too well fed on the park garbage cans.

FB- Doug

I'm not really sure what you mean about them not having any social instinct. Around here they seem to live in family groups - not just in breeding season but all the time. You rarely see one alone. I like the bold little buggers - I'll even give them an egg on occasion (from a goodly distance) but I'm not stupid enough to get up close & personal with them. They serve as a bit of canary in a coal mine for us as well - if the coons disappear it's likely there's a cougar in the area.

Those ones sure ARE fat. The livin' must be easy for them. Maybe they just put that girl out every night for them.

Nasty bastards raid my bird feeders all the time. .22 clears them out for a while. Also hear that marshmallows soaked in auto antifreeze make for a delicious but deadly treat; only recommended if they're not holing up anywhere near the house though because a dead 'coon is a stinky coon. Gonna try that one when it get below freezing around here so they'll die off in the woods and decompose over the winter; neighbors are curious about the .22 they hear at 1 am a few times a month and the AF will work much quieter. But have to be cool if there's friendly-type critters around that might eat the stuff, you're neighbor'd be plenty pissed if you poisoned his doggy.

Image of the coonie chick is etched in my mind...creepy. Whoever said it is correct, those are some FAT coons and they are MEAN at the very slightest provocation.

This thread is so ridorkulous.

Those ones sure ARE fat. The livin' must be easy for them. Maybe they just put that girl out every night for them.

You could put that girl out every night for me. :wub:

Nasty bastards raid my bird feeders all the time. .22 clears them out for a while. Also hear that marshmallows soaked in auto antifreeze make for a delicious but deadly treat; only recommended if they're not holing up anywhere near the house though because a dead 'coon is a stinky coon. Gonna try that one when it get below freezing around here so they'll die off in the woods and decompose over the winter; neighbors are curious about the .22 they hear at 1 am a few times a month and the AF will work much quieter. But have to be cool if there's friendly-type critters around that might eat the stuff, you're neighbor'd be plenty pissed if you poisoned his doggy.

Image of the coonie chick is etched in my mind...creepy. Whoever said it is correct, those are some FAT coons and they are MEAN at the very slightest provocation.

Aw c'mon, they don't deserve to be given slow poison. Get a trap and do 'em in with the car exhaust, or something less cruel.

Just because they're vicious little bastards doesn't mean they deserve a slow agonizing death... besides something else is probably going to eat them, and get poisoned too.

JMB- about the social instinct: raccoons might live in family groups of mom + offspring but they do not form packs or clans. Mom & dad raccoons can't even stand each other. They seem to be flexibly territorial, and they will definitely fight over food. The ones in the pictures might be so fat they don't care enough to fight, but once they get habituated to people they get difficult to scare off.

You like broccoli ??

FB- Doug

Aw c'mon, they don't deserve to be given slow poison. Get a trap and do 'em in with the car exhaust, or something less cruel.

Just because they're vicious little bastards doesn't mean they deserve a slow agonizing death... besides something else is probably going to eat them, and get poisoned too.

JMB- about the social instinct: raccoons might live in family groups of mom + offspring but they do not form packs or clans. Mom & dad raccoons can't even stand each other. They seem to be flexibly territorial, and they will definitely fight over food. The ones in the pictures might be so fat they don't care enough to fight, but once they get habituated to people they get difficult to scare off.

>

You like broccoli ??

FB- Doug

I'll eat THAT broccoli.

.22 clears them out for a while. Also hear that marshmallows soaked in auto antifreeze make for a delicious but deadly treat; only recommended if they're not holing up anywhere near the house though because a dead 'coon is a stinky coon. Gonna try that one when it get below freezing around here so they'll die off in the woods and decompose over the winter; neighbors are curious about the .22 they hear at 1 am a few times a month and the AF will work much quieter.

Good to know .22 works.

I'd hate to waste a 9mm given today's ammo prices and availability.

BTW, I love Broccoli (the Non Tuna version).

They're out there. You just need to find the right one.

Mine's been with me for 43 years !

They're out there. You just need to find the right one.

Mine's been with me for 43 years !

Huh. Didn't know raccoons lived that long. Congratulations?

Broccoli ??? WTF someone will be defending brussels sprouts next

Bring back the Harleys, the ply, the rigging - anything - please

they thought Doug Lord was nuts when he brought up Foiling

they thought I was nuts when I first warned of Raccoon's

2013 The Year of Redemption :lol::lol::lol:

HR might have the worse story (hijack back to FH) :o

And What's a Hen Weigh ??? :)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

how far off topic can you get in this therad

Well how about

wonder how much HR would charge to tell us if this is what The FH head looks like

1377995_371059699663705_434216283_n.jpg

I just wanna know if you tied a raccoon to a 150lb anker and dragged him behind a freighter, would his arm get ripped off?

I just wanna know if you tied a raccoon to a 150lb anker and dragged him behind a freighter, would his arm get ripped off?

He would chew his way into the anker and drink the wine.

Which would make a better rudder, broccoli or brussel sprouts?

FB- Doug

Well how about

wonder how much HR would charge to tell us if this is what The FH head looks like

Wow - Woodrow - that's pretty nice!

Is that in your garage? :-)

Well how about

On the one hand, that's a masterly piece of veneering.

On the other hand, it looks exactly like an anus.

Well how about

I thought it looked familiar.

Well how about

Wow, there must be a lot of big assholes out your way!

Live with two cats. One of whom was standing on the desk at time of posting, giving me the ol' Eye of Sauron treatment. But yeah, you gotta admit ... it's kind of sphinctery.

It's only interested when HOTROD posts.

Except he never posts pics that let us monitor the rate of bridgedeck sag.

Then again, the local anarchists don't either...

That's OK. I don't think it's really sagging. His bridgedeck looks stronger than the floor of my shed. I've parked a mower in there for years and it weighs about 800 lbs, more or less the same as a Harlisaki. No sag.

That's OK. I don't think it's really sagging. His bridgedeck looks stronger than the floor of my shed. I've parked a mower in there for years and it weighs about 800 lbs, more or less the same as a Harlisaki. No sag.

I suspect that the FH is stronger than many here believe.... I keep referencing Thor Heyerdahl here and even Weed Stowes first cat as examples... Haters and naysayers kept putting down HR until he broke... Cyber bullying.... Are you all happy now? Fucknuts!

That's a load of BS. Dude brought it on himself. His plan to freeload around the Pacific was flawed from the start. If anything, we helped him grasp reality quicker and before anybody got hurt or died.

... .... ...

I suspect that the FH is stronger than many here believe.... I keep referencing Thor Heyerdahl here and even Weed Stowes first cat as examples... Haters and naysayers kept putting down HR until he broke... Cyber bullying.... Are you all happy now? Fucknuts!

Right.

It's totally our fault that he's a delusional incompetent finger-biting psycho.

I feel bad now

:mellow:

FB- Doug

Sez one of the biggest cyber bullying Reid haters on this site. Oh the irony, the irony...

Sez one of the biggest cyber bullying Reid haters on this site. Oh the irony, the irony...
HR never did a void Ho movie, nor painted shit with shit, nor claimed to be a world class sailor or claimed to be preparing NASA for a trip to mars... He is just an unusually special needs kid with an anarchist dream. Nor did he drop off a prego Soy and keep going...... Got it?

Wow this thread has gotten boring! Anyone seen or heard from HR? Is the FH still on the mooring ball???

HR never did a void Ho movie, nor painted shit with shit, nor claimed to be a world class sailor or claimed to be preparing NASA for a trip to mars... He is just an unusually special needs kid with an anarchist dream. Nor did he drop off a prego Soy and keep going...... Got it?

And Stowe never bit anyone's finger and his boat did make it around the world in one piece. HR has made plenty of crazy claims and his boat will never leave the bay in one piece. HR used his and his family's money to finance his ill conceived dream. I think there is enough weirdness going around in both cases to negate any claim to the moral high ground.

No RedV is right. If we hadn't started this thread, James, Michael, mum et all would be 'ankered' of Diamond head now. It is all our fault.

Maybe a few less hits on the bong before posting in future RV!

Wow this thread has gotten boring! Anyone seen or heard from HR? Is the FH still on the mooring ball???

Returning to our scheduled programming, the word on the street is FH is no longer in RB. All that talk of broccoli must have scared him away.

"Before the game is afoot, thou still let'st slip."

C'mon guys get with the program. We needs to know where the FH is.

Could he have slipped under the GG bridge in the misty moisty morning with operational rutters?

Who did Stowe bite?. Regardless of his antics and delusional hippie claptrap, Stowe actually did put in the time on the water, and built a boat, albeit a fugly ferrosprout contraption, that has survived thirty years and some hard miles. HR is like the sailing episode of Jerry Springer.

No new updates on HR's Facebook page.

Are there any webcams around any of the places he might be? RB?

I was out again on Sunday. Nothing resembling the FH where I was--little downtown esplanade and around to Tiburon. I was in a rowboat, not sailing, and I started at the public launch. There isn't much about RB that you don't see from that trip.

Mr. Hot moved the boat while Guy was sleeping. Guy believes we are in San Deago from the stench of tacos and kelp, but with no windows in the Jacuzzi room Guy can not tell right now.

You guys are a lot of help. I feel for HR. He gave it his best. His best wasn't very good but he had the balls to try it.

I can't imagine wishing him anything but the best.

Life can shit on you. You have to find a way out. It's hard but it an be done,

post-2980-0-36290400-1382498351_thumb.jpg

No worries mates, HR remains on Richardson's Bay but he is off the ball. He has move toward the back bay where he used to hang out, in shallower water, north and east of his former squatting grounds off Schoonmaker Marina. Last sighting about 2 hrs ago.

No worries mates, HR remains on Richardson's Bay but he is off the ball. He has move toward the back bay where he used to hang out, in shallower water, north and east of his former squatting grounds off Schoonmaker Marina. Last sighting about 2 hrs ago.

Obviously HR has been busy.

I am glad to hear he is safe and the front is still on FH (presumably it's outside the environment though)

FB- Doug

And the winner of firstest and bestest guess in the thread is... drumroll, please...

He will probably just anchor in Richardson bay for a while as a free houseboat. First good winter storm will have him on the breakwater unless he has some serious ground tackle.

Perhaps he could grab some gear from the mothball fleet.

Congratulations, Windward, you win an anker. Try not to drink it all at once.

More blasts from the past, consolidating several posts into one:

main mast compression post...
attachicon.gifP1010020.JPG

forward port hull inside. epoxy coated...
attachicon.gifP1010014.JPG

port hull inside looking aft.
attachicon.gifP1010017.JPG

Some quick facts from Hotrod himself:

Length : 65'
Beam : 35'
Rig : 35' main mast, 28' mizzen.
Displacement: 5 tons (10,000lbs) est.
Aux Power : Twin 9hp outboard 2/4 stroke gas engines. Twin genset 120vac electrical fitment
Other: Twin aft steering stations with cable rudder movement.
Intended use: Live Aboard/Charter.
Expected launch: Within next month for basic hull. Fit out/rigging completed while afloat.
Destination after launch: Sausilto for fit out. NZ once complete.
Construction:
Home grade 2x4, 1/2" and 3/4" ply with spray epoxy coating on all interior surfaces. Exterior finished with epoxy and 8oz - 12oz e-glass.

Bob Perry,

Looking at all that with bewilderment, trying to stop him before someone gets hurt, and grabbing the popcorn when James proved completely impervious to good advice are not wishing the man ill.

There are sayers and doers and he's a doer. Most of us, myself included, have expressed some admiration for that trait.

But the boat is a fractal mistake. I still believe it would tear itself apart if sailed through waves. The only way to find out would be to take it out in the ocean. I think that would be dangerous, so I hope the boat never leaves the Bay. No ill will involved, just fascination with a truly spectacular fuckup.

But the boat is a fractal mistake. I still believe it would tear itself apart if sailed through waves. The only way to find out would be to take it out in the ocean. I think that would be dangerous, so I hope the boat never leaves the Bay. No ill will involved, just fascination with a truly spectacular fuckup.

+1

Thanks for the update!

And the winner of firstest and bestest guess in the thread is... drumroll, please...

He will probably just anchor in Richardson bay for a while as a free houseboat. First good winter storm will have him on the breakwater unless he has some serious ground tackle.

Perhaps he could grab some gear from the mothball fleet.

Congratulations, Windward, you win an anker. Try not to drink it all at once.

I get an Anchor Steam beer? Yay me! They are super good.

I once had an after hours tour of the brewery. Super fun, and I'd recommend it to anyone who gets the chance. They have a small bar on the premiss.

I'd better drink it quickly as Booth likes that brand as well, and he's been seen nosing about this thread.

Full Definition of ANKER

an·ker

noun \ˈäŋkər, ˈa-\

-s

1: a unit of capacity:

a : an old Dutch and German liquid measure used in various countries of Europe esp. for spirits and equal to about 9 to 10.5 U.S. gallons (30 to 40 liters)

*hic. That was more beer than I expected, but as a true sailor I finished it all! *hic

Splat.

Well 92 pages and we have our first bump. I must say if nothing is happening with the FH it is better to see no posts that the previous BS we had to weed through to just keep up with the boat...

Well 92 pages and we have our first bump. I must say if nothing is happening with the FH it is better to see no posts that the previous BS we had to weed through to just keep up with the boat...

But what about the rutters?

When things got Weid on the 1000 daze of cheeze thread, no posts about hitting a freighter, being in sight of land, outside assistance, getting knocked up, etc, etc - someone would come up with a great photochop or video -

Since my video skills are nonexistent, I will post a oldie but goodie from the 1000 daze thread. (note: Not void ho, much classier, and funnier.....)

Boat? Was there a boat being discussed in this thread somewhere?

If you are gonna bump this at least do it with something worthwhile.

376916_417814524949970_998140735_n.jpg

This thread was in slow sink mode (kinda like the FH)

and bringing it back to the top of the heap well, wasn't my doing.

Staying with the sailing theme:

246684_420448728019883_750090053_n.jpg

And for the wooden boat enthusiast:

1381845_599533110111443_972036163_n.jpg

Does anyone know if Hotrod and co are still O.K., or doesn't anyone care?

No updates for a while, as much as I think his boat is a POS I'd still like to know if the family is alive and well.

• Downvote 1

Someone just doesn't get it! If this is real (and "75% completer" suggests it is) the guy's even more delusional than we'd thought.

But it does show he's realised that the FH isn't seaworthy, but hasn't twigged that everyone else knows that too.

Good luck with the sale, Hotrod, and btw, there's a typo on your ad. No, not "completer", it's the $499 that's got scrambled in translation...

Well there goes another dream shot all to hell. Looks like HR has decided that living aboard a shedamaran anchored dragging train weels around the Bay Area is not as much fun as he thought it'd be. Or maybe another fund-me-scatamaran prank. If so, not funny IMHO

Did I miss the part about FH becoming USCG documented?

FB- Doug

LA Craigslist? Close enough I guess.

Priced right with the Maltese 52, which was built by pros and has quite possibly the ugliest house ever inflicted on a boat.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2013/Maltese-52-2634407/Oxnard/CA/United-States#.UmvTPsu9KSM

Well there goes another dream shot all to hell. Looks like HR has decided that living aboard a shedamaran anchored dragging train weels around the Bay Area is not as much fun as he thought it'd be. Or maybe another fund-me-scatamaran prank. If so, not funny IMHO

FB- Doug

He doesn't say it is USCG documented.

He says federally documented.

Could be a federal stop work order, or a federal lawsuit or........

FB- Doug

He doesn't say it is USCG documented.

He says federally documented.

Could be a federal stop work order, or a federal lawsuit or........

Shows up here with a USCG Documentation No.:

http://www.st.nmfs.noaa.gov/st1/CoastGuard/VesselByName.html

Vessel Name: FLYIN HAWAIIAN USCG Doc. No.: 1234524 Vessel Service: RECREATIONAL IMO Number: * Trade Indicator: Recreational Call Sign: * Hull Material: FRP (FIBERGLASS) Hull Number: * Ship Builder: JAMES LANE Year Built: 2011 Length (ft.): 65 Hailing Port: LAHAINA HI Hull Depth (ft.): 8 Owner: JAMES LANE

15 GENEVA LANE

CHICO, CA 95926 Hull Breadth (ft.): 32 Gross Tonnage: 55 Net Tonnage: 44 Documentation Issuance Date: October 25, 2012 Documentation Expiration Date: October 31, 2013 Previous Vessel Names: No Vessel Name Changes Previous Vessel Owners: No Vessel Owner Changes

Shows up here with a USCG Documentation No.:

http://www.st.nmfs.noaa.gov/st1/CoastGuard/VesselByName.html

Vessel Name: FLYIN HAWAIIAN USCG Doc. No.: 1234524

...Documentation Issuance Date: October 25, 2012 Documentation Expiration Date: October 31, 2013 ...

Documented until Thursday, at which time it will turn into a pumpkin.

I've always wondered why USCG documentation expires.

Now I'm wondering whether HR knows it expires.

Definitely from another planet.