U20guy2

65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

Almost 10,000 posts, more than half a million views, 93 pages, I think this thread has legs!

Nanna think this thread has legs,ankers and feets.

And fingers - don't forget the fingers.

sandcrab...

the prison population has gone from 100 per 100,000 in 1980 to 450 per 100,000 in 2000.

there is no mention (or need to comment) on whether there are 10 million or 40 million residents as the data is per 100,000.....

its a straightforward percentage increase in population....the total population is irrelevant.

Um its an increase per 100,000 "in" population, if the population increases, so does the total inmate population based on that total state resident population.

My bet is that chart is off due to increases in overall california resident population. It just shows per capita increases, not increases in the actual number of incarcerated individuals.

Exactly. BTW I checked the census and Ca. doubled in population in the last 40 years

Technically the chart isn't off but the total prison population increase would be a different chart.

but what about the rutters?

are the prisons built out of CDX ply?

what kind of motorcycles do the guards ride?

They're called conjugal visits.

No, particle board.

Vespas.

Hey how is that Korean guys shed going? Any news?

With all this hot air somebody surely could have floated over the bay with a camera by now, no?

I went 525 of the 526.5 miles that the FH was from my house

didn't care to get any closer ;)

Well, seeing as you asked ....

http://kryaker.dwg.ru/?p=14334

Holy moly

That was some funny shit... when I saw the ".ru" figured it would either be a malware site or another entity like the Russian car crash video (which is still one of the funniest things I have ever seen). No footings, just put the frickin' walls right down on the lawn. And how did they get the roof to come out crumpled?

Definitive shot IMHO

super-9.jpg

Master carpenter, precision work

FB- Doug

Guys, waaaaaaay past time to move on. Let her sink in the first real southerly we get this winter and then there might be something new to to talk about. Kudos to FH for following his dream. misguided as it might have been. Far more than most of us have accomplished here. Sorry if this is a repeat of someones previous posts but 10,000 + is far too many to pay attention to.

Nick G. - out.

The FH has moved west in Richardson's Bay, and is now moored in closer to the happy hunting grounds: it's just acoss the channel from the US Army Corps of Engineers Dock, and the home of Raccoon. Maybe there's an attraction, like a gravitational pull.

I know, however, it is the common link tween these master craftsmen, is any one taking odds on how long it'll take for sheet winches to be bolted on this outgrown beer crate ?

I never felt sorry for an axe before.

It's a ridiculous feeling.

Holy Crap! I bet he used the blunt side of the ax as a hammer!!

It's obvious he used the "sharp" side as a hammer.

Holy moly

That was some funny shit... when I saw the ".ru" figured it would either be a malware site or another entity like the Russian car crash video (which is still one of the funniest things I have ever seen). No footings, just put the frickin' walls right down on the lawn. And how did they get the roof to come out crumpled?

Definitive shot IMHO

super-9.jpg

Master carpenter, precision work

FB- Doug

Wasn't that Kim Il-sung's ax?

First one to "get it" will win something from Teaky's desk.

Anyone read the site? Seems like it might be Russians ripping on a build here in the states: Dodge pickup sitting in the weeds, materials from Home Depot (including pricing in dollars), all of the materials and price tags are in English, and the pics definitely have the "Appalchian" feel to 'em. Awesome how they PhotoShopped the second-from-last image SA-style...classic!

Pretty bad when the Russki's rip on your build. Hope they don't find the FH pics.

What? isn't that what it's for?

Anyone read the site? Seems like it might be Russians ripping on a build here in the states: Dodge pickup sitting in the weeds, materials from Home Depot (including pricing in dollars), all of the materials and price tags are in English, and the pics definitely have the "Appalchian" feel to 'em. Awesome how they PhotoShopped the second-from-last image SA-style...classic!

Pretty bad when the Russki's rip on your build. Hope they don't find the FH pics.

According to Google Translate, the website is: Bullshit Encyclopedia of Construction Idiocy

And the topic is: the construction of an alternative gifted Canadian small shed of prefabricated elements

It's obvious he used the "sharp" side as a hammer.

"Sharp" being a relative term in this case...

Its HotRod's axe and that shot was taken on the FH!!

I don't think this is that shot, but there WAS a pic waaaayyyy back in the thread of an ax on the FH during construction.

For those of you that may have missed it, the OG thread here.

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php/146566-Build-to-Fail-Fail-to-Build.-What-is-this-I-don-t-even.....

Located in British Columbia.

The FH has moved west in Richardson's Bay, and is now moored in closer to the happy hunting grounds: it's just acRoss the channel from the US Army Corps of Engineers Dock, and the home of Raccoon.

Wait... Moored? On another poor bastard's permanent mooring, or did he roll the locomotive wheel along the bottom to the new location,or maybe he found the Harsukibustable again and has it tied off to his... ahhh....?

For those of you that may have missed it, the OG thread here.

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php/146566-Build-to-Fail-Fail-to-Build.-What-is-this-I-don-t-even.....

Located in British Columbia.

OMG

Love it.

Thanks.

Oronoco, on 02 Nov 2013 - 18:34, said:snapback.png

Wait... Moored? On another poor bastard's permanent mooring, or did he roll the locomotive wheel along the bottom to the new location,or maybe he found the Harsukibustable again and has it tied off to his... ahhh....?

The FH has moved west in Richardson's Bay, and is now moored in closer to the happy hunting grounds: it's just acRoss the channel from the US Army Corps of Engineers Dock, and the home of Raccoon.

Saw it today when over having lunch at Salito's - its just south of all the houseboats outside all local mooreed boats. Didn't have decent zoom to get a shot on my phone cam. Made me laugh as had followed this thread in early days in NZL and a only here in SF for a few days

Well at least he's moving in the right direction for a change. When it gets down to about 5k he might start getting some bites, maybe, if you can believe P T Barnum

I think it would sell for more than $5k.

It could make a decent houseboat for protected waters and it's huge.

I'd guess a market value closer to $15k. Couple of new outboards for another $5k or so and it would be better than a lot of $20k houseboats.

I doubt HR is ready to part with it for that much money, but really can't see anyone paying much more.

The ad says to contact Jim for further information. Who the hell is Jim? Does HR have an agent trying to sell the heap?

If Jim can sell that thing for more than a buck he should win the intergalactic broker of the year award!

It's a complete liability...

The only market i see would be as a hollywood prop, loaded w TNT. And that would be at a bottom dollar prop at that.

If Jim can sell that thing for more than a buck he should win the intergalactic broker of the year award!

The only market i see would be as a hollywood prop, loaded w TNT. And that would be at a bottom dollar prop at that.

Well it was built more or less in the manner that a Hollywood prop is built. He just failed to make sure Hollywood had a movie in the works where a Catamaran was blown up.

Well it was built more or less in the manner that a Hollywood prop is built. He just failed to make sure Hollywood had a movie in the works where a Catamaran was blown up.

Just buy the thing, load it up with the works, drag her out to sea and film the spectacular ending to that which is the FH.

put the tape in a can and hope it becomes a marketable asset someday...

Chump change for you lot! Someone grab it fast!

Waterworld 2?

more like Chump Chain = It will consume someone's life trying to Deal with all aspects of it

It is by no means an asset, Sad to say

And as it's not leaving CA. I wonder what the Tax per Year is going to be even on a boat listed for $250,000.00

I still say they will call it a 2013 65' Katamaran of displacement listed in Documentation = $6,000,000.00

so like 1% of that or so + whatever they tack on :o

more like Chump Chain = It will consume someone's life trying to Deal with all aspects of it

It is by no means an asset, Sad to say

And as it's not leaving CA. I wonder what the Tax per Year is going to be even on a boat listed for $250,000.00

I still say they will call it a 2013 65' Katamaran of displacement listed in Documentation = $6,000,000.00

so like 1% of that or so + whatever they tack on :o

Woody you know HR didn't think that far ahead right? You can bet the tax collector does a little digging looking for this sort of thing. Tax MAN is a Comming HR!!! Packup the Powerwagon and run for the hills!

He's on a time crunch, he's got to get it sold before it ends up in pieces on the rocks. My bet is his next stop on the descending scale of value is about $100,000, but he won't get that either. With each passing storm, look for the price to descend a little more and a little more. It'll be in the 5k range eventually assuming it survives.

The real question is who would buy it ?

He's on a time crunch, he's got to get it sold before it ends up in pieces on the rocks. My bet is his next stop on the descending scale of value is about $100,000, but he won't get that either. With each passing storm, look for the price to descend a little more and a little more. It'll be in the 5k range eventually assuming it survives.

Plenty of people out there just only slightly smarter than HR they will think wow it would cost me time and money to build that and HR's already done it for me, cut the check and talk about how they are going to sail to Hawaii. It will be on Craigs list again shortly if it doesn't end up Racoon Bait.

Plenty of people out there just only slightly smarter than HR they will think wow it would cost me time and money to build that and HR's already done it for me, cut the check and talk about how they are going to sail to Hawaii. It will be on Craigs list again shortly if it doesn't end up Racoon Bait.

Finding someone with $100K cash AND that level of delusion at the same time will be tough.

HR better accelerate the price drop; weather is nice this week but it can turn nasty any time.

From ad:

"75% completed federally doc.mid size luxury catamaran 65 by 32 foot.73 over all. 1800 sq. feet inter. space.will consider partial trade for property in hawaii.For any further information contact Jim at (530)680-4351 or (808)276-8477 no text messages. "

Anyone care to address that "federally doc. mid size luxury" part ?!?

Luxury, like no working engine, steering, sailplan, anchoring system, etc ?

Somebody is pulling your chains and it isn't an anker. HR goes by James, not Jim. He has posted his phone number here many times. A not so clever joke, this whole business.

....and once again, Hot Rod would not know how to smudge out the photo watermarks or have the software to do it or even know why he should!

From the looks of our current local weather FH has about another week before our cycle runs another low pressure system our way. Another few weeks and we could be seeing a low every 3-5 days which case FH is headed to the dumpster bin in a month or so.

does Nigeria have a Craigslist ??

would sell for a M,ill,000.00 in no time ;)

I just arrived in SF yesterday, leave Saturday. Staying in the Haight at the moment, then down in North Beach for the last couple of nights. I feel I should at least catch a quick look at this contraption while I have the chance. How do I find it on public transport?

It's in the Daytona Craigslist, too.

http://daytona.craigslist.org/boa/4172347432.html

I always get a chuckle when I read this and one of the selling points is "1800 sq. feet inter.". As if it was a house.

But that's the mentality, It is a house, it just happens to float and has sails, so you can do things with your house, like sail it off to some far flung island.

• Downvote 1

You could take the Sausalito ferry to the landing in Richardson bay, short cab ride or long walk would get you to the North end of the bay where he is ankered. The Ferry leaves from one of the piers, near 39 I think

I just arrived in SF yesterday, leave Saturday. Staying in the Haight at the moment, then down in North Beach for the last couple of nights. I feel I should at least catch a quick look at this contraption while I have the chance. How do I find it on public transport?

You could take the Sausalito ferry to the landing in Richardson bay, short cab ride or long walk would get you to the North end of the bay where he is ankered. The Ferry leaves from one of the piers, near 39 I think

Pier 41.

A short walk along Bridgeway from the Sausalito Ferry Terminal / Sausalito YC is the US Army Corp of Engineers "Bay Model". Free to public. Must see!

Bonus: It's also the home of the Raccoon, possibly Flyin' Hawaiian's final encounter!

From there you can probably spot the Flyin' Hawaiian and know how much farther it is to walk.

If you walk another .6 mile / 1 km you get to the famous Sausalito houseboat community.

There are several local color places to eat along the way.

I always get a chuckle when I read this and one of the selling points is "1800 sq. feet inter.". As if it was a house.

But that's the mentality, It is a house, it just happens to float and has sails, so you can do things with your house, like sail it off to some far flung island.

Exactly! I mentioned this thread to a guy(who is also a contractor) who sails with me. He agreed that listing square footage is a house builders point of view. I don't think I have ever seen a boat listed with square footage of interior space as a selling point..

Good to know the Raccoon is standing by, close at hand.

I bet the Raccoon operators started a FH fund some time ago to cover the potential cost of them having to go and clean up the FH when the day comes.

I feel bad for HR but he had plenty of people warn him about his idea and now no doubt he is realizing there is more to this boat thing than he had figured.

I hope he makes it to the 28th. Be a shame to not have all the fam together again for thanksgiving.......

At this point... it's just wait and see.

Die thread, die! until something actually happens!

Maybe Clean can lock the thread until someone can produce pictures of the Raccoon having its Thanksgiving dinner.

Exactly! I mentioned this thread to a guy(who is also a contractor) who sails with me. He agreed that listing square footage is a house builders point of view. I don't think I have ever seen a boat listed with square footage of interior space as a selling point..

Well there's these guys... :rolleyes:

When did the sails show back up?

Any recent images?

No, but that gif in your signature is awesome. I'm totally going to try that.

I did a Google Earth search for the FH but the last sat pic was April 16 and it was still at loch Lomond then. So here it is.

FWIW Way back a poster was having trouble attaching a pic and someone said that you had to put the pic in a photo site and copy it from there. All you have to do is click on the "more reply options' tab and then you can attach a file from your own puter. I just figgered this out. DOH!

post-99161-0-65850800-1383839579_thumb.jpg

Any recent images?

You want to try to play a grand piano in a Richard ************ designed house? Or was it something else you were referring to?

Looks like the FH now has competition for customers on Richardson Bay.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/boa/4171917846.html

Which would you choose?

got to love the spelling in that advert.

"small V birth"

Must of had a midwife living aboard.

Is everybody on Richardson Bay a grade school dropout?

Or is it something in the water?

Something is in the water but only because of the drop outs.

Any recent images?

You want to try to play a grand piano in a Richard ************ designed house? Or was it something else you were referring to?

I think being in a Richard ************ designed house might significantly up my chances of duplicating the event. Only just now noticed the piano.

I think being in a Richard ************ designed house might significantly up my chances of duplicating the event. Only just now noticed the piano.

I think them Hula-Hoop skillz would significantly up your chances of being invited into a Richard ************ designed house....

:lol:

Any recent images?

Pics youtube link or it didn't happen.

Fixed

• Downvote 1

Maybe it's time to donate this enormous hunk of shit labor of love so that someone else can enjoy it. All the charities below offer free pickup, 100% tax deduction and some even offer a vacation voucher which could be the ticket to Hawaii.

http://www.wheelsforwishes.org/donate-boat-charity-boat-donation/

http://www.donate-car-for-charity.com/

http://www.kars4kids.org/boat-donation.asp?acp=8030&source=ggl&ky=boat%20donations&gclid=CL6a2fXf1boCFc5xOgodGksAfw

Maybe it's time to donate this enormous hunk of shit labor of love so that someone else can enjoy it. All the charities below offer free pickup, 100% tax deduction and some even offer a vacation voucher which could be the ticket to Hawaii.

http://www.kars4kids.org/boat-donation.asp?acp=8030&source=ggl&ky=boat%20donations&gclid=CL6a2fXf1boCFc5xOgodGksAfw

That "100% tax deduction" is something to be wary of, and the organizations abusing it will probably bring down the IRS on all charitable orgs.

I happen to be active in 2 junior sailing groups in our town, the high school one will no longer take boat donations unless it is something we specifically want. The other is almost as picky, we have to be... not a week goes by without us being offered a junk boat.

Discaimer first- I am not a tax lawyer nor an accountant, however I have acquired a fairly good working knowledge of the rules as they stand now. If the charity sells the donated item, the donor is entitled to deduct ONLY the sale price. This makes sense, since this is the value of the item as determined by the marketplace. However if the charitable organization USES the donated item for 2 years, then the donor can take a deduction for it's agreed-on value, often the IRS won't blink at replacement cost new. Obviously this rule has lots of room for abuse and it is. Thanks guys!

FB- Doug

Discaimer first- I am not a tax lawyer nor an accountant,

FB- Doug

Very true. Do a little more research.