U20guy2

65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

What are those wheels for?

Oh they fell of this program along time ago.

he only needs 1 OB as he'll be Flyin the other hull whilst underway

so who's going to the courthouse to document HR Biting his way into the future ??

pretty much no chance for anything but Sadness from here on out

he's still Swirling but the Seat and the Lid shall both be Down after tomorrow :mellow:

the picture shows that the anchor rodes are slack and that the boat is oriented 90 degrees to other moored boats in the nearby background. That and the water turbulence between the hulls tells me that she is not sailing to its anchor, but well and truly sitting on the mud. The under bridgedeck baby stay is interesting. On the starboard side, its eyebolt is close to the false chine, but on the port side its much higher. The angle of the hull to the camera doesnt explain the difference. The dock float foam pieces arent about to be blown off, because he's probably siliconed them down, or just totally lost it and used his battery drill to attach them from underneath. Pretty hard to keep the plywood box warm when you dont have firewood or propane.

Perhaps his plan is to fill the bilges with dock float stuffing so that he doesnt have to keep pumping the water out........... The next stage is polytarps draped creatively over the entire boat length and under it, to keep the water out..... Then the thousands of recycled drink bottles will be attached, wrapped in fishnets, the odd potted palm tree and voila, man made island.

The dock foam is probably seed bed material for his "tomato" hydroponics. "Tomato" roots hate frosty mornings. (scoop hollows out of the foam with a hot spoon, pour in potting mix material, add seedling)......

Palm tree? ....Check.

attachicon.gifPalm.jpg

I'm sensing a Mr. Roberts moment here...

Great movie. But be careful, don't want to expose our age to all these youngsters.

Before you read too much in the angle of the dangle, remember that Richardson Bay has significant tidal current along with wind, waves and wakes from passing boats (big ones) to deal with. I spent a few days at anchor there, and we were often at different angles than other boats. If they are on the bottom, they will only be so a few hours a day, as tidal swings of 4-5 feet are pretty common there.

Before you read too much in the angle of the dangle, remember that Richardson Bay has significant tidal current along with wind, waves and wakes from passing boats (big ones) to deal with. I spent a few days at anchor there, and we were often at different angles than other boats. If they are on the bottom, they will only be so a few hours a day, as tidal swings of 4-5 feet are pretty common there.

It's TTT, he reads too much into everything. He has to take up the slack since Pipsqueak never posts anymore. Quite the tag team those two were on the original 1000 days thread.

It is difficult to access court records but apparently HR is out on bail or his own recognizance. They don't show what happened in court yesterday. He is not shown as booked into the Marin County jail. He has a new appearance set.

LANE, JAMES JOHN 12/19/13 09:00 AM D CR186721A COUNSEL AND PLEA

So... Another storm heading thru SF this weekend.

So...

So what... Hot Rod has shown his ankers are holding the FH just fine. My prediction FH 2 and Mother Nature 0.

So...

So what... Hot Rod has shown his ankers are holding the FH just fine. My prediction FH 2 and Mother Nature 0.

Waiting is getting old. Can't someone just torpedo that junk heap and be done with it?

[ ... ] They don't show what happened in court yesterday. He is not shown as booked into the Marin County jail. He has a new appearance set.

"MISDEMEANOR ARRAIGNMENT"

Do you know what an arraignment is?

If he was not booked before it, he wouldn't be booked after it.

So...

More like Mother nature ie winter season is just only starting to happen FH has just been lucky so far. New YEARs in CA tends to be about the point we finally start getting decent winter storms anyway. Most of our major weather in Norcal happens January through April. I can't tell you how many times I've gone hiking in 70+ temps in December in the Bay Area lots of times! Though January on the other hand I can't really recall ever having nice weather for more than a day or so.

It is difficult to access court records but apparently HR is out on bail or his own recognizance. They don't show what happened in court yesterday. He is not shown as booked into the Marin County jail. He has a new appearance set.

Sounds like your judges are as stupid as ours - he was held for failure to appear on an old charge elsewhere and turned over to that court but ROR'd on the latest charge in Marin.

Great judgement.

.. .. .. HR is out on bail or his own recognizance .. .. ..

That's it then - he'll be straight down to the FH and head off to Hawaii - as if!!

[ ... ] They don't show what happened in court yesterday. He is not shown as booked into the Marin County jail. He has a new appearance set.

"MISDEMEANOR ARRAIGNMENT"

Do you know what an arraignment is?

If he was not booked before it, he wouldn't be booked after it.

Yes, I do know what an arraignment is. If he had to post bail on the new charge and couldn't arrange it then they would have booked him in jail until he bailed out. Others here had said that he wouldn't be able to bail out even though I tried to explain that this is a minor deal. BTW I can't find out if he was ROR or bailed. My earlier post was me trying to prove in a subtle way that I was right.

HR I am not a flight risk your honour. I own the flyin Hawaiin. Im not going anywhere.

JUDGE Ah, so that is you. Damn right you are not.

HR can I have an adjournment to get legal advice ?

JUDGE yep, sure, and get a psychiatric report while you are at it.

HR Psychiatric report, why ?

JUDGE firstly because you built that thing thinking you could take it to Hawaii, and secondly because you think you dont need one.

I feel like a vulture circling above a failing organism that is still showing the faintest signs of life but is about to expire perhaps with a bang but more likely with a whimper.

However as a new diversion this is what they do in Carriacou West Indies with wooden catamarans, add an upper deck and it is PARTY TIME.

post-46472-0-51452800-1385730994_thumb.jpg

hmm, our houseboat industry started fitting upstairs spa baths and sundecks in order to get an edge in the competitive holiday party market, but soon discovered that when you put a tonne of water on top of lightweight construction, or a crowd of drunks all standing on one side, things turn ugly fast. The Flying Hawaiin is struggling to handle rig tensions in flat water already. I cant see it developing another level anytime soon.

Looks like he gave up on eBay.

Biggest waist of his money yet !!!

Spoke too soon, re-listed. you'd think that if you don't get one bid after three attempts maybe you should at least drop your ridiculous asking price

He should start the auction at $0.99 with no reserve, that will get the bidding going

I doubt it. Most people understand that owning that thing is going to cost a small fortune in disposal fees.

I wonder if he's looked at what can be had for $80,000 or whatever the price is these days. That much money buys a damn nice boat. Its no surprise he's having a hard time getting rid of it, even free I don't think he'd have any takers.

Spoke too soon, re-listed. you'd think that if you don't get one bid after three attempts maybe you should at least drop your ridiculous asking price

Well, that assume some connection with the realities of the market... or just some connection to reality, period

FB- Doug

Well, that assumes some connection with the realities of the market... or just some connection to reality, period

FB- Doug

How many times do you have to relist something on eBay before you get your seller fees refunded?

How many times do you have to relist something on eBay before you get your seller fees refunded?

you don't I think And the seller only pays if it sells...

fixed

Selling good boats cheap these days is tough and slow. Selling infamous trash for a high price?

Selling good boats cheap these days is tough and slow. Selling infamous trash for a high price?

Andy Warhol he aint...

Assuming that the Flyin' Hawaiian would not pass a survey and that one were to buy and treat the FH as salvage and not as a "luxury yacht", how would the intrinsic value of the parts and salvageable materials balance against the costs of dismantlement, hauling, and landfill fees? What are the salvageable items and materials?

Or, could one saw each hull into about four segments, close the ends, and get some usable storage sheds that way, and use the main center section as some kind of workshed or playhouse? The mast might be about the right size for a home flagpole. If you could salvage the boat parts and recycle the boat as storage sheds, etc., might it be worth a few thousand? I could use a couple of nice sheds for stowing sails, garden stuff, etc.

This would be a much less cruel end to a dream that letting the boat rot and fall apart or be dismantled in the jaws of the MV Raccoon and it might allow HR and his family some small bit of recompense for their investment before losing all of it as sunk costs.

Assuming that the Flyin' Hawaiian would not pass a survey and that one were to buy and treat the FH as salvage and not as a "luxury yacht", how would the intrinsic value of the parts and salvageable materials balance against the costs of dismantlement, hauling, and landfill fees? What are the salvageable items and materials?

Or, could one saw each hull into about four segments, close the ends, and get some usable storage sheds that way, and use the main center section as some kind of workshed or playhouse? The mast might be about the right size for a home flagpole. If you could salvage the boat parts and recycle the boat as storage sheds, etc., might it be worth a few thousand? I could use a couple of nice sheds for stowing sails, garden stuff, etc.

This would be a much less cruel end to a dream that letting the boat rot and fall apart or be dismantled in the jaws of the MV Raccoon and it might allow HR and his family some small bit of recompense for their investment before losing all of it as sunk costs.

What do you reckon your labor is worth?

Salvaging any of that stuff is going to be multiples of the amount of work needed to get the same shed/playhouse/flagpole from Home Depot, and they're not all that expensive to begin with

FB- Doug

HR would probably get his best ROI by cutting it up in several thousand pieces and selling them as souvenirs on eBay for five bucks apiece with free shipping...

I might even buy one.

HR would probably get his best ROI by cutting it up in several thousand pieces and selling them as souvenirs on eBay for five bucks apiece with free shipping...

I might even buy one.

perfect for the holiday shopping opportnity

don't forget the certificate of authenticity

I might even buy one.

perfect for the holiday shopping opportnity

don't forget the certificate of authenticity

= a bite out of every piece

he could feed it to the Raccoon and take 12 Pix documenting the process/steps and make a calendar

I might even buy one. ;)

I've just come up with the perfect use for the FH!:

Mass Viking Funeral.

Load it up with the mortal remains of 50 or so dearly departed, then tow it out the gate and set fire to it.

What do you reckon your labor is worth?

Salvaging any of that stuff is going to be multiples of the amount of work needed to get the same shed/playhouse/flagpole from Home Depot, and they're not all that expensive to begin with

FB- Doug

Totally - just the cost of getting the thing out of the water to cut up would far exceed any conceivable salvage value.

I might even buy one.

The SA version of the pet rock - brilliant!

Mass Viking Funeral.

Load it up with the mortal remains of 50 or so dearly departed, then tow it out the gate and set fire to it.

Too bad Burning Man is in Nevada. Would make a great piece of art.

Mass Viking Funeral.

Too bad Burning Man is in Nevada. Would make a great piece of art.

wood make a great Burning Man - Burning Stand

I spotted HR walking the decks today. FH remains in the attractive field generated by the Corps of Engineers Dock. No Raccoon needed if he drifts in closer, the crane can bring her in.

Oh now after reading all this and the sentimentality of it all, I have to go and see HR.

Be careful Hellion, we've lost 2 reporters as far as I can tell. Well, one reporter and Mr LeDouche.

If you want to see a bunch that make Rod Rod Lane & Mr McKay of Raw Faith look like professionals check out http://pacificiceberg.org/

Our buds at WBF have a discussion going: http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?170793-quot-Pacific-Iceberg-quot

The mind boggles.

Allan

Noah Ver. II

Ain't religion wunnerful?

If you want to see a bunch that make Rod Rod Lane & Mr McKay of Raw Faith look like professionals check out http://pacificiceberg.org/

Our buds at WBF have a discussion going: http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?170793-quot-Pacific-Iceberg-quot

The mind boggles.

Allan

Wow. Just amazing. I guess they will be disproving all of evolutions' lessons... either by prayer, or through unintelligent design. Seems like another 2L bottle boat, without the hull shape. Nice brick. Comforts of home, huh? Seem pretty idiotic: I usually give Alaskans more credit for common sense.

The work product of so many religions seems to be alms. I note that the website mentions "fundraising". They don't call it begging alms.

Mind fucking boggling but HR's word is spreading to the believers !

The US is already a difficult place to cruise for foreigners regulation wise, can you imagine how heinous it will be when there are flotillas of these barges?

Shadowing your wind in and out of harbours, knocking on your hull at 7am to hand you leaflets to save your soul !

Fortunately they don't last long enough to form flotillas. I can't even recall two of them getting together.

Maybe they should simply acquire the FH and save a bunch of time?

Fortunately they don't last long enough to form flotillas. I can't even recall two of them getting together.

Maybe they should simply acquire the FH and save a bunch of time?

Doing GOD's The Raccoon's Work !! :o:lol::lol::lol::lol:

The work product of so many religions seems to be alms. I note that the website mentions "fundraising". They don't call it begging alms.

They don't do anything for you either, other than "spread their message" which is basically intolerance of anything/anybody not in perfect agreement with their own little dogma.

Used to be, you gave alms to religious mendicants and they'd pray for your soul no matter who you were.

Frankly I have a hard time with the concept that the Creator Of The Universe could be such a narrow-minded pissant as folks like these make out.

FB- Doug

How about cutting it up and using a peice on key ring as a float?? I want mine to have part of the name on it.

I might even buy one.

The SA version of the pet rock - brilliant!

32 degrees this morning. Glad I wasn't on an unheated catamabarge. I wonder of the truck carrying the outboards ever got repaired. Broxen axle, I think it was.

I betcha HR wishes he had sailed/drifted that thing to the free spot next to Diamond Head

Frankly I have a hard time with the concept that the Creator Of The Universe could be such a narrow-minded pissant as folks like these make out.

FB- Doug

Take a look at the Hubble Deep Field and realize that (with one obvious exception) all those specks of light are GALAXIES, not stars. Next understand that the area of the pic is the equivalent of looking through a drinking straw at an apparently empty area of the night sky.

post-95343-0-57745400-1386282268_thumb.jpg

How can anyone of even slight intelligence think that the creator of all that gives a shit about your personal troubles?

FB- Doug

Take a look at the Hubble Deep Field and realize that (with one obvious exception) all those specks of light are GALAXIES, not stars. Next understand that the area of the pic is the equivalent of looking through a drinking straw at an apparently empty area of the night sky.

attachicon.gifHubble Deep Field.jpg

How can anyone of even slight intelligence think that the creator of all that gives a shit about Your-Anus?

fixed :)

FB- Doug

How can anyone of even slight intelligence think that the creator of all that gives a shit about your personal troubles?

Because what with being omniscient and omnipresent, God needs a good laugh now and then

FB- Doug

FB- Doug

Because what with being omniscient and omnipresent, God needs a good laugh now and then

FB- Doug

Isn't that what BG is for?

32 degrees this morning. Glad I wasn't on an unheated catamabarge. I wonder of the truck carrying the outboards ever got repaired. Broxen axle, I think it was.

I betcha HR wishes he had sailed/drifted that thing to the free spot next to Diamond Head

Fuckin pussies. 21 below 2 nights ago with a high of -2 yesterday. Only 16 below last night. Warmed up 8 frickin below at 2 in the afternoon right now. Gonna be cold again tonight and that's Fahrenheit temps me mates. Bozeman is a good place to live and wouldn't trade it for anything. 3 ski areas in the county or just outside the county line. Grizzly bears, elk and everything! Ever heard of Big Sky Resort?

Fuckin pussies. 21 below 2 nights ago with a high of -2 yesterday. Only 16 below last night. Warmed up 8 frickin below at 2 in the afternoon right now. Gonna be cold again tonight and that's Fahrenheit temps me mates. Bozeman is a good place to live and wouldn't trade it for anything. 3 ski areas in the county or just outside the county line. Grizzly bears, elk and everything! Ever heard of Big Sky Resort?

heading your way for Pres weekend. got a place by the moonlight lodge. So psyched!

hows the base look'n?

Yes but are you on a boat right now?

heading your way for Pres weekend. got a place by the moonlight lodge. So psyched!

hows the base look'n?

About average for early season. Some fat cats purchased Moonlight and Big Sky this summer so next year they will probably be combined and be the biggest resort in the US. I got a SLAP tear recently and will have surgery next week so skiing this year will be questionable.

Godzilla: I am not on a boat currently and probably can't even crank a winch with my bad arm. After surgery I'll be an even bigger wimp but I will still ski you into the dirt. :D

I ski in powder, not dirt.

You and I need to get together. I'm always lookin for another powderhound! All my friends are slugs. We will rip it up.

I've been back country boarding since boards were invented, up on Berthoud pass in Colorado. Bottomless powder, steeeep and deep. Still riding my old Craig Kelly air extreme given to me by the man himself. Square tail, big shovel nose, Surrels with old school bindings. Very retro, the kids on the hill all kinda stop and stare, some even ask who made it and where they can get one ;-)

We now return you to your normally scheduled bashing.

Probably where they "Sound of Music" live was broadcast from? Or is it just big enough for the owner to get that Liberian registration and allow for a suspension of most US regulations.

Fuuuuuuck, I have enjoyed catching up on this thread over the past 4 days since I found it while researching building a home built cat. However, I just realized while I was laughing at this insanity that my resume includes: long haul truck driver, carpenter.... Anyone know if HR has ever worked in the HVAC field?!?!? Let me know ASAP so I can unwrap the extension cord from around my neck, and last winter I grew a really horrible beard.

I'm going to say that the Flyin' Hawain will unfortunately be around for at least a year or two. It will never venture out of the bay, and will eventually become a local taxpayers problem to clean up. I also predict that either HR or his son will be arrested at least once before the boats demise. I'm saying there will be a court date some time around October of this year.

I should have put money on this prediction... Looks like I nailed it.

We now return you to your normally scheduled bashing.

Anyone remember an attempt at a catermeringue called 'Flyin Hawaiian'? !!

Fuuuuuuck, I have enjoyed catching up on this thread over the past 4 days since I found it while researching building a home built cat. However, I just realized while I was laughing at this insanity that my resume includes: long haul truck driver, carpenter.... Anyone know if HR has ever worked in the HVAC field?!?!? Let me know ASAP so I can unwrap the extension cord from around my neck, and last winter I grew a really horrible beard.

I'm going to say that the Flyin' Hawain will unfortunately be around for at least a year or two. It will never venture out of the bay, and will eventually become a local taxpayers problem to clean up. I also predict that either HR or his son will be arrested at least once before the boats demise. I'm saying there will be a court date some time around October of this year.

No tits. Doesn't count.

You sir, need to talk to me about next years stock picks.

No tits. Doesn't count.

Plus FH hasn't been in the water for even one year, much less two.

Still, it has LONG outlasted my prediction so there. And I'm not posting tits either

FB- Doug