U20guy2

65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

only 5% to go before its finished ? BARGAIN !

So if the sale price is $4k, another paltry $200 should pay for the entire rig. Make an offer of $4200 and sail it away....

Someone should tell HR who is struggling with that last few percent of completion. The cost of that last 5% is always the deal killer...

only 5% to go before its finished ? BARGAIN !

So if the sale price is $4k, another paltry $200 should pay for the entire rig. Make an offer of $4200 and sail it away....

Someone should tell HR who is struggling with that last few percent of completion. The cost of that last 5% is always the deal killer...

That boat has or had a tripod style mast which you can see in the pics. It is like a those big radio antennae towers. I guess it didn't work to well. He has dropped the price in half so buy it now! :D

hmm, a windmill tower set on top of a pair of alloy taco shells. Can you imagine trying to sleep in that thing with any sort of a wave pattern pounding the sides..... Youd almost forget how cold you were.... but not quite.

well, suicide isn't illegal.

From which country are you posting?

In 99.9% of the world suicide is very much illegal.

If committing suicide is illegal, who do they charge if you succeed?

So when do you think everyone will start posting just to try to be the 10000th post? It's going to be like a run on the banks...

I'm guessing when their parents are out and they got the whole basement and the liqour cabinet to themselves.....

So when do you think everyone will start posting just to try to be the 10000th post? It's going to be like a run on the banks...

Sailed yesterday (pretty damn cold but sunny and breezy), motored in the channel past FH, no signs of life but still floating. No big wind in the forecast, but could dip below freezing tonight, perhaps the blackwater tank will rupture and sink her in shit from the inside out?

At one time in England, attempted suicide was a hanging offense. :rolleyes:

"...whom do they charge..." That was fun.

Sailed yesterday (pretty damn cold but sunny and breezy), motored in the channel past FH, no signs of life but still floating. No big wind in the forecast, but could dip below freezing tonight, perhaps the blackwater tank will rupture and sink her in shit from the inside out?

A little late for that, its already full of shit.

Let me try that again: Attempted Suicide is illegal.

Generally they toss you in a pleasant "hospital" with locked doors and guards for psychiatric evaluation.

Please, please, please don't let this thread live for another 309 posts!!! Just sink it already.

Well done! And a Newbie none the less! Did you take any pics? So the ankers are holding?

I gave up posting to this thread long ago

OH I still post to this thread

But I Give Up !!

I wish HR no Harm

But would Hate to be looking the other was "WHEN" it Happens ;)

It's still out there, I can see this colossal piece of shit from my office. This was taken the last time I motored down the channel before it moved to its new location.

Just waiting for the first good blow to put it up on the shores of Tiburon.

yijvt.jpg

well...looks like I'm going to use 4 words in the english language I thought I'd never use....

"Nice photo / work Assmaster" !!

It's still out there, I can see this colossal piece of shit from my office. This was taken the last time I motored down the channel before it moved to its new location.

yijvt.jpg

Looks OK :lol:

HAZ THIS THREAD FURMENTED YET ???

What do you know-have you studied 10,000 scatamabarge designs??? I thought not.

I don't know where to find that many to study.

Does it count if you study the same one 10,000 times instead?

FB- Doug

i know of a russian guy in hawai, for who this boat will mean a serieus upgrade!

I don't know where to find that many to study.

Does it count if you study the same one 10,000 times instead?

FB- Doug

Well, yes. And if that qualifies then we are all experts

That's nothing but a mean spirited distortion of the "facts" - HR never said he had studied 10K scatamarans, only 10K BOATS.

yijvt.jpg

The hulls look like they're splaying apart. And the back porch roof is sagging. Someone is missing their dock boxes back at the marina. Wow, look at those shitty back steps! And where's the Harliesaki?

There, I think I covered it.

Please, please, please don't let this thread live for another 309 posts!!! Just sink it already.

This thread MUST stay alive until the FH meets its doom.

This thread MUST stay alive until the FH meets its doom.

No worries on that!

yijvt.jpg

The hulls look like they're splaying apart. And the back porch roof is sagging. Someone is missing their dock boxes back at the marina. Wow, look at those shitty back steps! And where's the Harliesaki?

You forgot the oyster dredge boom on the roof...

yijvt.jpg

You forgot the ankers and the gun ports...

That's nothing but a mean spirited distortion of the "facts" - HR never said he had studied 10K scatamarans, only 10K BOATS.

Actually I think he did say he had studied thousands of cat designs... But then again, I have no plan to dig through this thread to find out.

If they put HR on home confinement, will FH become his prison?

I believe it was 10,000 Yachts.

yijvt.jpg

You forgot the oyster drudge boom on the roof...

Fixed it for you.

yijvt.jpg

You forgot the ankers and the gun ports...

>

Actually I think he did say he had studied thousands of cat designs... But then again, I have no plan to dig through this thread to find out.

If they put HR on home confinement, will FH become his prison?

No way - cruel & unusual punishment.

death sentence :o

yijvt.jpg

The roof foam has gone.

be a bit like a sentence to pandoras box wouldn't it ??

Except that there is no hope in FH.

That was awesome! Erudite yet snarky. Well done!

I look forward to an opportunity to steal this line. Of course I will give you no credit.

But FH Junior is still there after the rough trip up the 405. :D

The original FH Jr was a Bayliner I/O runabout. This dink is FH Sub-Jr, I think it's the one that was -not- being paddled by a shovel in a pic from the marina follies. Now it looks like it has a British Seagull, which I would tend to think of as a step down the evolutionary chain from being paddled with a shovel.

That was awesome! Erudite yet snarky. Well done!

I look forward to an opportunity to steal this line. Of course I will give you no credit.

"Erudite but snarky" wow. That's the line I want to steal, thanks

FB- Doug

The original FH Jr was a Bayliner I/O runabout. This dink is FH Sub-Jr, I think it's the one that was -not- being paddled by a shovel in a pic from the marina follies. Now it looks like it has a British Seagull, which I would tend to think of as a step down the evolutionary chain from being paddled with a shovel.

FB- Doug

Careful,

I still remember maneuvering my dads Moody 29 around Poole town quay, using a seagull clamped to the swim ladder.

The harbour master was not at all impressed, but the diesel was dead, and he had already told us how unhappy he was with the idea of us docking under sail....

So that would make the dink the Flyin' Hawaiin III. (or the third just like Thurston Howell)

yijvt.jpg

You forgot to ask about lilmurray.

To rectify this craft, has anyone suggested converting it to a liveaboard houseboat. The rig and rudders would have to go, and dual outboards would be needed for propulsion. Seems the best use of this hull, IMHO,

To rectify this craft, has anyone suggested converting it to a liveaboard houseboat. The rig and rudders would have to go, and dual outboards would be needed for propulsion. Seems the best use of this hull, IMHO,

Yes, lots of us have, but most of us observed proper forum etiquette by reading the thread, fucking off, and showing our wife or girlfriend's tits first.

a rather boring hot day waitin to go sailing so.................

I hate having to use bolt cutters to get laid.

Seriously, longer term can the boat be salvaged? Sell the rig, get some decent outboard power, I dont know, 60hp from a folding down central support. Reinforce the crossbeams with more depth and carry that structure to the outside of the hulls. Throw away the rudders, add bulkheads say 5ft from the bow, 3ft from the stern. Turn it into a nice houseboat, move it up to Vancouver area picking a nice weather window (not easy), then sell it as a very nice large comfortable houseboat.

As a houseboat it would sell quite easily I would have thought, lots of space, privacy, stability. You just need a sheltered cove somewhere for long term mooring.

The voyage from SF to Vancouver would not be fun, but if you picked your weather window it should be OK

i think it would make a really nice houseboat. Probably biggest error was in building in SF and not Seattle

Seriously, longer term can the boat be salva <snip>

Well, there you see, in red exactly where you went wrong, except of course, not posting titties, You are new here and rules are rules.

Seriously, longer term can the boat be salvaged? Sell the rig, get some decent outboard power, I dont know, 60hp from a folding down central support. Reinforce the crossbeams with more depth and carry that structure to the outside of the hulls. Throw away the rudders, add bulkheads say 5ft from the bow, 3ft from the stern. Turn it into a nice houseboat, move it up to Vancouver area picking a nice weather window (not easy), then sell it as a very nice large comfortable houseboat.

As a houseboat it would sell quite easily I would have thought, lots of space, privacy, stability. You just need a sheltered cove somewhere for long term mooring.

The voyage from SF to Vancouver would not be fun, but if you picked your weather window it should be OK

i think it would make a really nice houseboat. Probably biggest error was in building in SF and not Seattle

Why Vancouver??

no way is FH ever going to see major work done to it up on a ramp somewhere. Thats megabucks. A good example of not thinking ahead is failing to consider exactly he is going to re antifoul it and fix the holes in the bottom properly. Pounding on the mud is not a long term structural integrity solution.

PeterAustralia, I suggested almost exactly word for word what you posted except for the Vancouver part. Great minds think alike!

We have our own already. Way cheaper too.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/bnc/boa/4209208716.html

The biggest error until now was building it. The only bigger error would be to acquire this shipwreck ready to happen.

Seriously, longer term can the boat be salvaged? No

Sell the rig, ( for scrap )

get some decent outboard power, Good money sent after bad

I dont know, ( clearly )

60hp from a folding down central support. ( would likely fold the bugger up like a card-table )

Reinforce the crossbeams with more depth and carry that structure to the outside of the hulls. Madness, the thing fucked up like a Football bat

Throw away the rudders, I'm with you there

add bulkheads say 5ft from the bow, 3ft from the stern. You volunteering for that 'little' job, then ?

Turn it into a nice houseboat, move it up to Vancouver area picking a nice weather window (not easy), then sell it as a very nice large comfortable houseboat.

nothing short of indoor storage will make it safe for habitation, and probably not even then

The voyage from SF to Vancouver would not be fun, but if you picked your weather window it should be OK - This "boat" couldn't do a bay-tour, and you think it could get to BC ? That's hilarious

In Seattle, 'they' probably would have 'intervened' - call CA a mommy-state if you want, but they let this nut chase his un-focused dream. To all of our loss. Except Scot's, of course...

Seriously, longer term can the boat be salvaged? No

Sell the rig, ( for scrap )

get some decent outboard power, Good money sent after bad

I dont know, ( clearly )

60hp from a folding down central support. ( would likely fold the bugger up like a card-table )

Reinforce the crossbeams with more depth and carry that structure to the outside of the hulls. Madness, the thing fucked up like a Football bat

Throw away the rudders, I'm with you there

add bulkheads say 5ft from the bow, 3ft from the stern. You volunteering for that 'little' job, then ?

Turn it into a nice houseboat, move it up to Vancouver area picking a nice weather window (not easy), then sell it as a very nice large comfortable houseboat.

nothing short of indoor storage will make it safe for habitation, and probably not even then

>The voyage from SF to Vancouver would not be fun, but if you picked your weather window it should be OK - This "boat" couldn't do a bay-tour, and you think it could get to BC ? That's hilarious

In Seattle, 'they' probably would have 'intervened' - call CA a mommy-state if you want, but they let this nut chase his un-focused dream. To all of our loss. Except Scot's, of course...

I dunno, I think Peter A should sign on for the easy "coastal" delivery. After all, how rough could it be off the PNW coast? Piece of cake, really, especially in the winter.

They were just kidding when they named that spot off Oregon "Destruction Island". Kind of like Greenland only in reverse.

you guys are cruel

I think it would make a good houseboat. If it was moored somewhere out of the way, where the waves only reach 2ft high,,, take it there and leave it there. It should last 10 years or so,, before it rots away. Places like this I assume are not easy to find

Conversation overheard by two children sailing their Opti past the FH

Johnny - Hay Look that boat says Flyin Hawaiian, I think they should paint 1/2 of it Orange

Jannie - Why should 1/2 of it be painted Orange ??

Johnny - Well we both know Orange is FAST and that POS is 1/2Fast :)

Jannie - Word !!

DA-WOODY......

don't know if its just me....but what the fuck are you talking about ??????

I don't get your "humour" at all.....and I think you also take photo's of sailing????

from what I've seen of your "pics" Nicole Scott does a better job.....

seriously...23,000 posts??????

why have you spent so much time posting your drivel crap.?

omg...your johnny vs. janie was just so funny!!! keep them coming.

you guys are cruel

I think it would make a good houseboat. If it was moored somewhere out of the way, where the waves only reach 2ft high,,, take it there and leave it there. It should last 10 years or so,, before it rots away. Places like this I assume are not easy to find

Up in the delta, where everyone has been telling him to take it since it was launched.

. . . .move it up to Vancouver area. . .

You son of a bitch!

Seriously, fuck you! Don't you dare honestly suggest that anybody move this temporarily undistributed debris field up to my neck of the woods for us to clean up!

I look forward to meeting you in person some day and punching you straight in the neck, asshole.

You son of a bitch!

Seriously, fuck you! Don't you dare honestly suggest that anybody move this temporarily undistributed debris field up to my neck of the woods for us to clean up!

I look forward to meeting you in person some day and punching you straight in the neck, asshole.

I dunno if violence is justified, but I think "Temporarily Undistributed Debris Field" is a great name for a band

FB- Doug

Violence is wholly justified when someone suggests importing a crapload of partially-fiberglass-sheathed-on-one-side 3/8 underlayment fragments to spread on my local beaches. That totally pisses me off!

Violence is wholly justified when someone suggests importing a crapload of partially-fiberglass-sheathed-on-one-side 3/8 underlayment fragments to spread on my local beaches. That totally pisses me off!

Ya know, I was just thinking that SA needed a bit more drama. Thank-you... Now seriously chill a bit. Take a valium or dry hump one of your neighbors.

The northerners get a bit touchy during winter. Remember the scowbillie wars? Lack of sunlight or something.

anyone who thinks the FH would make way to anyplace out the Gate

is likely Snowed in and has lost touch with reality

Well Newbie make Hot Rod an offer and give it a go!!! At least we would see the "yacht" move versus just sitting at anchor...

Now, now, James, easy big feller... ain't no way that thing ever gets with hailing distance of the WA/OR border, much less the CA/OR border.

You son of a bitch!

Easy there James - the FH wouldn't survive being moved in anything but mirror pond conditions and no way the FH would ever survive getting hauled out of the water.

The FH will never leave its current location on its own bottom.

Now seriously chill a bit. Take a valium or dry hump one of your neighbors.

Wow! Just wow! I go out of my way to post interesting, insightful and entertaining commentary, and this is the response I get?

Good grief! With a dude this gullible, next thing you know he'll turn out to actually be a Hot Rod supporter, cluelessly cheering him on with a complete lack of understanding of the mechanical and structural principles that doomed the Flying Hawaiian since the very first drywall screw was driven into the end grain of a hem/fir 2x4.

Oh. . . wait. . . .

ahh James mate,,, pal... buddy

Thanks for the kind words,,, (sacrasm),,, bye the way, I can yell, swear, curse quite well. I just choose not to. Anyone would have thought I was suggesting digging up your deceased relatives from the graveyard and using them as fertilizer on the fields (something they did with english war dead in the nineteenth century - true story). I think the boat is awful,,,, might it survive as a houseboat,,, maybe,,, as a yacht its beyond a joke,

Obviously here people have a different way of expressing themselves from woodenboat forum (where I have been for 10 years and your name sounds familiar actually - and if it was the same James where I thought u were an OK guy,). So James ... no I am not flying half way across the world to move the 'craft'. Even if you wanted me to and paid me to do it, I would not. (because it seems risky to me,, and I dont think the boat gives me confidence).

Australians are descended from convicts, and proud of it. So we like to look out for the under dog, whereas in US it seems you like to pi** on them and charge them for the privelidge. The boat is truly awful. As a houseboat it could well provide good cheap accommodation for a decade or two, provided it was kept in a quiet backwater. Someone said they dont allow liveaboards in the SF delta,,,if this is not correct it makes sense to go there, if they dont allow liveaboards there,, then where does it go? Do they scrap it ,,, or take a punt to move it somewhere ,.... hey theres an idea,,, publish your address and HR will know where exactly to moor it, so that your harbour views are suitably enhanced and you can have some more neighbours to chat with.... hey that sounds fun

The boat is total crap,,,, OK,,, u happy now, have thought that from day one.