• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ctdriver

Another video

ok, qualifiers: it was perfect FT10 weather; we got a lucky and persistent shift on the first upwind; result was fast tiger = and yes, all of our good friends and competitors can post a similar night when they kicked our butt...

Crew was 3 adults and 2 12 year olds. Key competitors were 2 J109s, SC37, and a J111.

Have to enjoy things when you can...Fall is here.

unfortunately there has been a lot of disinformation about the Tiger 10, those that sail them know the real story, as the video shows it can hold its' own, even short handed with family crew, while in the presence of formitable well crewed designs.

Our racer cruiser becomes the mother ship at anchor, while the Tiger becomes the boat of choice to sail, even the grand kids prefer to sail on the Tiger.

Well done, Charlie.

I enjoy that you guys with a team that has a minimum of crew and kids onboard was able to beat a particular J/111 with 8 people including multiple professionals onboard. Oh and your boat cost 1/4 of what the 111 did.

Very bitter Wes! If you trash all the boats you got kicked off you are going to be a very busy guy! :)

Why is no one surprised; lol.

I enjoy that you guys with a team that has a minimum of crew and kids onboard was able to beat a particular J/111 with 8 people including multiple professionals onboard. Oh and your boat cost 1/4 of what the 111 did.

Very bitter Wes! If you trash all the boats you got kicked off you are NOT going to be a very busy guy! :)

Fixed it?

Poor form, LH.

Very bitter Wes! If you trash all the boats you got kicked off you are NOT going to be a very busy guy! :)

Fixed it?

Poor form, LH.

Instead of apologizing it appears that Left Hook, in a chickenshit move, deleted all his posts on this thread.

"Poor Form, LH"; you can say that again.

Edited @ 3:43 PM

P.S. Instead of lurking, come out of the closet and face the music, LH.

I deleted my posts because nothing I said was meant as a personal slight to the good people on that black boat even though they were taken that way. If I could take them back I would do so but I can't so I did the next best thing. I'm not discussing this topic in public any further.

I deleted my posts because nothing I said was meant as a personal slight to the good people on that black boat even though they were taken that way. If I could take them back I would do so but I can't so I did the next best thing. I'm not discussing this topic in public any further.

No, your words were taken exactly for what you posted; that you didn't care whether you got tossed from the black J/111 because you didn't like racing with them and was ready to walk anyway.

The honorable thing to do would have been not to delete your posts but to face the music for its content and apologize. But that would have taken guts.

Maybe you'll understand if and when you grow up.

That's strangley familiar to this quote, also in reference to that same black J/111:

If you want to hear why we dropped out you'll have to talk to me in private, I don't want to discuss those things publicly

You have a lot to learn, grasshopper. Word travels fast on LIS.

Now back to the show........ - cool video and well done. I am envious here in Texas as nobody seems to be sweating.

Now - can anyone explain how they got the grand piano on the RC?

It amazes me how easily people get offended over little things.

Fixed this for you, BP. You too have not been immune to the occasional indiscretion.

I'm amazed and offended at how friggin ugly the coach roof lines are on an FT10.

Old news, Moon. Consequence of design by committee.

Get over it.

From the owner of the SC37 that the FT10 beat over the line (wow that's hard to type!), congratulations to TigerinCT on a nice race. You had that boat in the groove. Well done!

Now back to the show........ - cool video and well done. I am envious here in Texas as nobody seems to be sweating.

Now - can anyone explain how they got the grand piano on the RC?

We're East Coast Swamp Yankees. Sweating is uncivilized. But being serenaded by the piano on the RC boat, that's just proper yachting!

Tbone:

I hear you and I think I undertstand what you are saying.

Carry on.

I think I am happier over on the Australian thread. Less whinging. More reality.

Good move Bob. Curious how a simple vid. on one of your successes turns into a sandy vag moment.

Thats like sailing in the Land of Make Believe with Mr. Rogers. I expected to be broken out of the piano trance by some gay dude screaming "Speedy Delivery, Speedy Delivery!

Well done Charlie. What happened last night?

Thats like sailing in the Land of Make Believe with Mr. Rogers. I expected to be broken out of the piano trance by some gay dude screaming "Speedy Delivery, Speedy Delivery!

Aug. 31 was a magical night. Helena also took a 1st in Div 2

I'm amazed and offended at how friggin ugly the coach roof lines are on an FT10.

... especially when their point of view is from behind; lol.

Last night was beautiful, our race was a touch distracted...

- the rabbit didn't really do a rabbit start as planned

- we had 4 kids and 3 adults

- the piano guy didn't show up

- I was really playing with the new sails and trying to figure the boat out, and overstood by like 0.5 miles on the first beat.

All that said, the new NP technora jib and main are gorgeous. I'll post some pics later as I gratuitously endorse Bob Pattison.

Thanks George.

As I was one of the proponents for an FT10 with a tall cabin top that would allow for standing room in a narrow interior filled with the keel box and sink counter, I hope that you are as sincere in your reply as I was sarcastic in my reply to moondance44.

In fact the height of the FT10 cabin top is of the same proportion as the custom built Goetz boat shown below.

post-55-024872500 1316112042_thumb.jpg

post-55-063153700 1316113149_thumb.jpg

Thanks George.

As I was one of the proponents for an FT10 with a tall cabin top that would allow for standing room in a narrow interior filled with the keel box and sink counter, I hope that you are as sincere in your reply as I was sarcastic in my reply to moondance44.

In fact the height of the FT10 cabin top is of the same proportion as the custom built Goetz boat shown below.

Yup. It's ugly too.

Thanks George.

Yup. It's ugly too.

Post the photos of the "beautifull" racing boat(s) that you own, if any?

um, no i'm not....in fact I don't give two shits if he does or doesn't own a boat...for about the billionth time, whether you currently own a boat or not doesn't make you any more or less qualified to opine on one design or another.

Stop getting you panties in such a bunch every time somebody doesn't agree with what you say...been old for about 5 years now

um, no i'm not....in fact I don't give two shits if he does or doesn't own a boat...for about the billionth time, whether you currently own a boat or not doesn't make you any more or less qualified to opine on one design or another.

Stop getting you panties in such a bunch every time somebody doesn't agree with what you say...been old for about 5 years now

Where did I claim that Matt B does not own a boat and/or that he does not have the right to express his opinion on the subject of beauty?

You know that old saying about opinions being like .........; everyone has one.

As for "getting you panties in such a bunch every time somebody doesn't agree with what you say" it appears that you are the one who needs to take a chill pill.

whatever dude, get on with your life and leave the rest of us alone...back to the topic at hand...i missed that race, but hopefully there's one last good night this week!