• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Sir Rantzalot

This Is Ridiculous Again

After ********** suit is won, perhaps some recent cyber bullying statute can be aptly applied to this site.

Still sitting in the corner finger way way up my big nose stinking worse than an old fart and readier to bite than Mike (Tyson).

This is a culture clash really. Apparenty you can just act really weird and the NY "art scene" will want to give you shit. Just doesn't translate here to people who work their balls off to keep their boats going and take offshore sailing seriously.

Clearly that approach isn't working so well, or the Ferrosprout Flyer wouldn't be so run down. There does seem to be an expectation among Stowe and his acolytes that he is somehow entitled to free things, and that the public at large should fund his lifestyle.

Stowe doesn't have acolytes. There is no expectation of free things from anyone. The massive disinformation campaign of this site has always demanded and deserved a more measured response then when the thinly veiled satire here crosses the line into somewhat uninformed and crazed unmitigated bullying and hate.

I think I just may give up sailing, to be sure to stay away from the kind of people you all have turned out to be. With 20,000 + offshore miles under my hulls, it is no small feat for this group of scurvy souls to make a man want to leave his love for the sea.

Hold the boo hoos please.

This is a culture clash really. Apparenty you can just act really weird and the NY "art scene" will want to give you shit. Just doesn't translate here to people who work their balls off to keep their boats going and take offshore sailing seriously.

i've got no clash. some of my earliest childhood memories were my mom in her rolls royce driving like a maniac to nyc, parking in some concrete ghetto and making me go up a million flights of stairs to find my 'run away' brother at warhol's factory. these hovians are poseurs in my limited experience with artists.

Stowe doesn't have acolytes. There is no expectation of free things from anyone. The massive disinformation campaign of this site has always demanded and deserved a more measured response then when the thinly veiled satire here crosses the line into somewhat uninformed and crazed unmitigated bullying and hate.

You sure you aren't the former Iraqi Minister of Propaganda, aka Baghdad Bob?. The North Koreans could probably use some help.

After ********** suit is won, perhaps some recent cyber bullying statute can be aptly applied to this site.

Still sitting in the corner finger way way up my big nose stinking worse than an old fart and readier to bite than Mike (Tyson).

pn1.jpg

I think I just may give up sailing, to be sure to stay away from the kind of people you all have turned out to be. With 20,000 + offshore miles under my hulls, it is no small feat for this group of scurvy souls to make a man want to leave his love for the sea.

Where do you sail?

Some of us doubt that you really do.

Please give us a brief CV of your experience, as many of us have previously provided.

thanks!!!

Clearly that approach isn't working so well, or the Ferrosprout Flyer wouldn't be so run down. There does seem to be an expectation among Stowe and his acolytes that he is somehow entitled to free things, and that the public at large should fund his lifestyle.

Free things? Of course. Making fun of him? Off limits!

Boo frikkin' hoo.

Free things? Of course. Making fun of him? Off limits!

There are no free things!. Ignore the man behind the curtain. Remain calm, all is well!

Stowe's obviously Saddam Hussein, needs to be killed by military campaign to prevent worldwide destruction, and I am obviously Baghdad Bob, captured and debriefed by the CIA, and safely living under an assumed identity near Guantanamo. Two things my old alter ego BB obviously got completely right (with the added benefit of certain hindsight) were old man Hussein didn't have any weapons of mass destruction at his command, and that the American and British troops did cluster bomb the shit out of civilian neighborhoods in Iraq, killing more innocent people in the ill- conceived campaign (some estimates are as high as a million Iraqi civilians were killed during the course of the war) than have ever been publicly admitted to by any US administration to this day.

You guys have it absolutely correct. Stowe is a threat to the world the same as Saddam Hussein, and my failed attempts to humanize the man here simply reek of being his acolyte henchman Baghdad Bob. Why lighten up when you can respond to this kinda shit?

Boo frikkin' hoo.

the kids say 'sad trombone'.

HULLS ? Um, this is not multihull anarchy brother. Youve come to the wrong place.

Before you denied us access to your facebook account last week, I had a look through it, and there was only one fleeting conversation about you casually crewing on a J24 many years ago. No other sailing whatsoever.

The only reason you were sitting on the deck was because you had been nailed there. Plumage doesnt enter into it.

post-58596-047553300 1325990498_thumb.jpg

wakey wakey

Shopkeeper Ive got a slug sockpuppet out the back...

RW does it talk ?

Shopkeeper, yep,

RW Right, Ill use it......

pn1.jpg

The roasted peanuts were five years old? No wonder he's going for curtain number two. Smart kid.

Stowe's obviously Saddam Hussein, needs to be killed by military campaign to prevent worldwide destruction, and I am obviously Baghdad Bob, captured and debriefed by the CIA, and safely living under an assumed identity near Guantanamo. Two things my old alter ego BB obviously got completely right (with the added benefit of certain hindsight) were old man Hussein didn't have any weapons of mass destruction at his command, and that the American and British troops did cluster bomb the shit out of civilian neighborhoods in Iraq, killing more innocent people in the ill- conceived campaign (some estimates are as high as a million Iraqi civilians were killed during the course of the war) than have ever been publicly admitted to by any US administration to this day.

You guys have it absolutely correct. Stowe is a threat to the world the same as Saddam Hussein, and my failed attempts to humanize the man here simply reek of being his acolyte henchman Baghdad Bob. Why lighten up when you can respond to this kinda shit?

Take it to PA, douche-tard.

You are right in thinking that your attempts to humanise the man, his mission and his minions has failed here.

And so now your end game objective is revealed finally.

You fail in your mission, so you leave making yet another Hovian suit threat.

Bring out the talking slug....

post-58596-086063300 1325998852_thumb.jpg

First of all it's humanize.You still cannot spell and it reflects upon your level of education and intelligence. Have you noticed that in your short time here you've already devolved into a join the crowd bully in cyberspace? The Lawsuit comment, if you are able to read it w/o prejudice nor agenda, was not a threat at all. It would seem that here is a perfectly just application of recent laws passed against cyber bullying. An organized campaign occurred to hurt, slander, and insult anyone who wrote a positive word about Stowe, be it in written articles or comment sections of blogs or media mentions of the obsession of this mean spirited group which places itself so far above other sailors in a fashion which could well be considered egoism of a highly unwarranted degree. The ignorant ranting of the lock step cultish bullies of this site have spent years stalking Stowe and anyone who simply had a good word to say about him, and attempted to then bully them into submission to seeing the 'light' that he was in the united and officially encouraged SA experienced estimation, a dangerously evil man and a stupid sailor who put himself and others at risk every time he or they dared to set preordained doomed foot upon his obviously about to sink ship.

********** was slandered here mercilessly. It certainly affected his standing in business. When the ethos of a place in cyberspace encourages slander, cultish bullying behavior, hate speech, and then wants to pass it off as satire, well bully for you. In a court of law with blind scales of justice, you lose.

Then again, the Supreme Court and Mitt Romney both say that they think corporations are people. So who knows what will be in this Brave New World? Clockwork Orange, Mad Max Apocalypse, or the kinder and gentler America of George Bush? The current tilt and direction is all too evident. Something should be done.

Mean people suck, and when bullying is encouraged via business, those people need to reassess their commitment to doing good and not evil in the world.

First of all it's humanize.You still cannot spell and it reflects upon your level of education and intelligence. Have you noticed that in your short time here you've already devolved into a join the crowd bully in cyberspace? The Lawsuit comment, if you are able to read it w/o prejudice nor agenda, was not a threat at all. It would seem a just application of recent laws passed against cyber bull ing? The the lock step cultish bullies of this site have spent years stalking Stowe and anyone who simply had a good word to say about him, and attempting to then bullying them into submission to seeing the 'light' that he was in the SA experienced estimation, a dangerously evil man and a stupid sailor who put himself and others at risk every time the dared to set foot upon his obviously about to sink ship.

********** was slandered here unmercilessly. It certainly affected his standing in business. When the ethos of a place in cyberspace encourages slander, cultish bullying behavior, hate speech, and then wants to pass it off as satire, well bully for you. In a court of law with blind scales of justice, you lose.

The use of a word like "unmercilessly" reflects upon your intelligence. Try looking it up Randy before you start acting all high and mighty! I have highlighted a few of your errors to help you appear more intelligent.

Dear Rand,

Please stick to your "alternative energy" schtick:rolleyes: , and your "uh oh spaghettios":blink: wiring skills. You are clearly way out of your depth discussing ocean sailing.

gallery_25766_164_29851.jpg

Stfu already tabass. bully for you too.

Something wrong with "it's" too? It means it is. Yep, it is a bullying cult of fake anarchist assholes here who pretend to be highly knowledgable sailors but really don't know shit, and constantly prove it. It's true.

Perhaps Stowe and Soanya will wisely seek to remain out of media focus in the jungles of Guyana, and work on getting his boat back together far from the prying eyes here of those who honestly do appear to seek to do him harm, for whatever reasons they have chosen to use.

Stfu already tabass. bully for you too.

Something wrong with "it's" too? It means it is. Yep, it is a bullying cult of fake anarchist assholes here who pretend to be highly knowledgable sailors but really don't know shit, and constantly prove it. It's true.

Perhaps Stowe and Soanya will wisely seek to remain out of media focus in the jungles of Guyana, and work on getting his boat back together far from the prying eyes here of those who honestly do appear to seek to do him harm, for whatever reasons they have chosen to use.

Randy,

You can dish it out regarding spelling and grammar to prove you are intellectually superior. But when called out on your own errors you just can't take it can you? Yup, I was wrong about "it's" but had caught it before you posted your highly intelligent reply.

I hope you enjoy the day and perhaps you will but a few more miles under your hulls.

First of all it's humanize.You still cannot spell and it reflects upon your level of education and intelligence. Have you noticed that in your short time here you've already devolved into a join the crowd bully in cyberspace? The Lawsuit comment, if you are able to read it w/o prejudice nor agenda, was not a threat at all. It would seem that here is a perfectly just application of recent laws passed against cyber bullying. An organized campaign occurred to hurt, slander, and insult anyone who wrote a positive word about Stowe, be it in written articles or comment sections of blogs or media mentions of the obsession of this mean spirited group which places itself so far above other sailors in a fashion which could well be considered egoism of a highly unwarranted degree. The ignorant ranting of the lock step cultish bullies of this site have spent years stalking Stowe and anyone who simply had a good word to say about him, and attempted to then bully them into submission to seeing the 'light' that he was in the united and officially editorially encouraged SA experienced estimation, a dangerously evil man and a stupid sailor who put himself and others at risk every time he or they dared to set preordained doomed foot upon his obviously about to sink ship.

********** was slandered here unmercilessly. It certainly affected his standing in business. When the ethos of a place in cyberspace encourages slander, cultish bullying behavior, hate speech, and then wants to pass it off as satire, well bully for you. In a court of law with blind scales of justice, you lose.

Then again, the Supreme Court and Mitt Romney both say that they think corporations are people. So who knows what will be in this Brave New World? Clockwork Orange, Mad Max Apocalypse, or the kinder and gentler America of George Bush? The current tilt and direction is all too evident. Something should be done.

Mean people suck, and when bullying is encouraged via business, those people need to reassess their commitment to doing good and not evil in the world.

Poor, misunderstood, mischaracterized, unjustly maligned, Reid Stowe. He is a stalwart of the community and inspiration for all of human kind. His research efforts are being embraced by NASA and have brought us one step closer to a Mars mission. The volumes of scientific data he collected on his last trip are being studied by researchers at some of the top universities in the world. Sailors around the globe are awestruck that he completed 4 circumnavigations without stopping. Countless school children have been persuaded to follow the call of science as a result of the interactive classroom programs they participated in with Reid during his expedition. None of this would have been possible without the generosity of donors and sponsors, who certainly reaped the reward of their investments.

Perhaps you should write a letter to the editor of the NYT suggesting that The Times discontinue the OpEd page because it consistently hurts people feelings....never mind, that might hurt the feelings of the editor.

Kumba-frick'n-ya.

There is no greater goal of this group than to kill the messenger while ignoring the message.

Have fun ladies.

Harpy, before you restricted public access to your Facebook page, I noted that your vast superiority complex derived from the fact that you hold a Bachelor of Arts Degree.... Isnt that the one colloquially referred to as a Bachelor of Unemployment Degree ?

Hell, even the humble people like me, a poor registered seaman, hold more qualifications than that. But we dont need to brag about it.

The only thing you are the master of is hypocrisy. You are also an agent provocateur comrade, and an unbalanced one at that. But then you already know that.

post-58596-062545400 1326043152_thumb.gif

Harpy, before you restricted public access to your Facebook page, I noted that your vast superiority complex derived from the fact that you hold a Bachelor of Arts Degree.... Isnt that the one colloquially referred to as a Bachelor of Unemployment Degree ?

Reid Stowe is no scholar.

he barely scraped through hs and then did a semester at university? of arizona majoring in sculpture before he dropped out and went surfing. Charlie could correct me, if i've got that part of the Stowe timeline wrong.

one of his greatest failings as an intellectual or artist, (besides his stunted creativity), imho, is his complete inability to go beyond the literal. his art is awful and his writing is worse. he has not the slightest sense of humor, he is a pompous, boring windbag to boot.

the best sailors i've met were naturals. i don't know why we are even discussing 'book learning' RS?

harpoon is the spelling and punctuation nazi now? he must be getting very desperate.

There is no greater goal of this group than to kill the messenger while ignoring the message.

Have fun ladies.

In actual fact Rand this group has no greater goal than to amuse each other,

And you are greatly contributing too this.

Have fun ladies.

The most accurate and deeply insightful post on this thread.

Thank you Sir Life, Earl of Witshire.

Have a dragon hat, and wear it with pride.

6662878063_eb480b01aa_o.jpg

And so boys and goilz Chapter two finds our tormented captain cautiously creeping up to the unfamiliar mysterious mystical foreign coast line not quite certain of what fearsome government officials might suddenly appear to check his papers and challenge or interfere with his spiritual designs.

Approaching Land Sunday, 08 January 2012 Jan. 8, 2012

06.49 N, 53.34 W, Course W, Speed 3, Wind 10 knots

Our landfall to Guyana has been based upon the easterly trade winds and the Equatorial current which flows “up to 4 knots” northwest up the northeast coast of south America. We often sail comfortably along at four knots and figured if we didn’t want this powerful current to sweep us up the coast we would have to sail way east and loop in. That is what we have done. I think one reason this part of South America is so unexplored by other sailors is that it is very difficult to sail from the Caribbean against the Equatorial current.

We have planned our landfall on Georgetown for midday on Monday. We have to catch the tide while it is rising so we can ride up the river before it starts to go out. It is the same way with the Hudson river. We try to never sail against the current of the tide because we don’t make much headway even if we use the motor.

The tricky thing about entering the Demerara river is that the wind and waves blow downwind unobstructed into the mouth of the river. Landfalls are easier when there are dominant landmarks and the entrance is protected from the wind and waves. A few days ago we were in big waves and gale like winds. The possibility of entering under those conditions was a little daunting. Now as we cross over the continental shelf the waves are much smaller and the water is cloudy green. On top of that the wind is dying down and we are beginning to wish for more wind so that we can catch any tide in on Monday.

In the photo, Andy shoots the fore gaff from the top of the foremast looking astern. This is the first time on the whole voyage that we sent a man aloft. We feel very lucky about that because we re-rigged the schooner just before leaving and had to re-use all our old blocks and ropes.

approachingland.jpg

"I think one reason this part of South America is so unexplored by other sailors is that it is very difficult to sail from the Caribbean against the Equatorial current."

Really? "Unexplored"? I hope he has the instruments on board to chart the coast for future explorers and he's not met by hostile indigenous peoples.

"The tricky thing about entering the Demerara river is that
the wind and waves blow downwind
unobstructed into the mouth of the river. "

As an armchair observer in my mom's basement with no sailing experience whatever, this doesn't make sense to me. Do wind and waves blow downwind? Perhaps Harpoon can explain the physics, as Woofsy appears to be AWOL. Harpo - please help me make sense of this concept.

EDIT - That is a nice picture.

In the photo, Andy shoots the fore gaff from the top of the foremast looking astern. This is the first time on the whole voyage that we sent a man aloft. We feel very lucky about that because we re-rigged the schooner just before leaving and had to re-use all our old blocks and ropes.

approachingland.jpg

OK, which of you selfish cunts was in charge of donating either money or new blocks and rope to re-rig this drifting turd and never came good on their promise??

approachingland.jpg

OK, which of you selfish cunts was in charge of donating either money or new blocks and rope to re-rig this drifting turd and never came good on their promise??

Not me, I donated the flying fish.

If Reid identifies them as blocks, they must be new. On the last trip all he had was pulleys.

Have fun ladies.

The most accurate and deeply insightful post on this thread.

Thank you Sir Life, Earl of Witshire.

Have a dragon hat, and wear it with pride.

6662878063_eb480b01aa_o.jpg

Why thanks RD - I will wear it with pride.

Have fun ladies.

Don't go away mad. Just go away.

But, but, i was just lurking :huh:

First of all it's humanize.You still cannot spell and it reflects upon your level of education and intelligence.

The fact that you do not know there is more than one correct way of spelling some words reflects upon your education and intelligence.

Who is Rand Weeks?

if they did ever manage to broker a reality show, ANDY will be the star!

'send a man aloft' and guess who volunteers in the dark night! and snaps a beeooootiful pic!

not old leather turtle Stowe!

certainly not 'my hair is salty' Soybean. she must be busy 'photographing landscapes' eh ducky?

YOU ARE OBSOLETE, CYBER BEGGAR! final wind chart:

b69ev4.png

spelling has nothing to do with intelligence. it's for conformists and people with too much time on their hands...it's meerly a diversionary tactic to keep the focus off Captain Desperation!

voyage to the mystic jungle:

no sails

no steerage

boat sinking

no food

STEP RIGHT UP!

28jz0xi.png

approachingland.jpg

How old now?

Might be funnier than the new turnbuckles. Yeah, I think it's funnier. Reset calendar to 2070 or when someone dies, whichever comes first.

approachingland.jpg

Reset calendar to 2070 or when someone dies, whichever comes first.

the 'pulley blocks' come from a construction company who sponsored the mars expedition which predated the 1000 days. Bill Gutski could tell us when Reid made all those phone calls soliciting sponsors..i've forgotten the year. the company should be listed somewhere in the sponsor list?

Thought the mystical voyage was headed up the large Essequibo River. Demerara River and Georgetown instead.

In spite of what the Hovians think, I'm glad they made it safely.

Really? "Unexplored"?

Guyana is the new Mars

NASA must be all over this again.

ESA beat them to it.

come to think of it, the frogs already stepped up bigtime for one of his previous glorious explorificatory grifting ventures, no ?

the plot thickens.

Great Trip!! According to Reid's plan, they should have followed the tide up the Demerara River and should be docked or docking as we speak...

Anne010812.jpg

Georgetown-Guyana.png

GeorgetownDemeraraRiver.jpg

Now let's see how many of the crew leave.

... and how many start sharing their opinions of the voyage on Facebook, blogs or whatever.

fantastic news sc.

whew!

love the google street view!

do you know where they are heading next?

*after clearing in

Sorry Pip, I jumped the gun and worded the post wrong..see the edit..

Where will he go after check in, He always has plans

Here is his thinking rational.

I can try planning and come up with plan A, B, C, D. And then something unexpected happens, and I have to revise everything that I planned. Sometimes, it’s just easier to be clear about what I want and allow events to unfold as they will, making decisions when I am called to do so.

no worries..so they will be there any second.

really, a huge relief.

guyana looks beautiful.

tom ray would rock those rivers, it's like his backyard was 150 years ago.

Here is his thinking rational.

I can try planning and come up with plan A, B, C, D. And then something unexpected happens, and I have to revise everything that I planned. Sometimes, it's just easier to be clear about what I want and allow events to unfold as they will, making decisions when I am called to do so.

Reid has a destination in mind. wherever his buddy built his boat that harpy let slip. i don't know where that is. maybe it's on noonsite?

he will def be going up the river to that fork where the yachts were anchored behind the eco resort and the minister of tourism was talking 'yachting'. i am wondering if that could even be the place where ballys shot his scream vid, but maybe that is in georgetown. i think Reido is going to make a pitch to a resort to run a johnny depp boat for tourists. he could also carry cargo up and down the river. problem is..HE IS NOT ALLOWED TO MAKE A PENNY ON A TOURIST VISA AND WILL BE DEPORTED IF HE IS CAUGHT.

he also has hovians jetting in for spiritual yoga getaways..at least so they claim.

right now, i want to see him work his magic and get cleared into the country.

sry forgot the vid of bartica, the town at the river fork

here's a view of the bridge in your street shot sc:

When one is as close to God as Reidy is, you don’t need a tide book.

moses_parting_the_red_sea.jpg

fantastic news sc.

whew!

love the google street view!

do you know where they are heading next?

*after clearing in

Dewey-Defeats-Truman.jpg

I can't follow another 3 years of this... I just can't.

Thought the mystical voyage was headed up the large Essequibo River. Demerara River and Georgetown instead.

Weed encountered wind and waves blowing downwind into the mouth of the Essequibo, thus the change of plans.

In spite of what the Hovians think, I'm glad they made it safely.

+1, though history seems to indicate each relative success leads Weed to accept even greater maintenance risks the next time around, cheered on by Sparky and fellow Hovians.

For now...

Kickass job, Alex and fellow newbie crew, getting yourselves and the old man's wife and kid safely back to land (or at least within swimming distance). Look forward to your blogs!

Forgive me if this was posted here before, I must have missed it. Andy wrote this on his blog on the 6th. Sounds like he is ready to get off the merry-go-round!??!

"And let me tell you: after more than 30 days at sea, with bouts of sea sickness, a limited and relentless diet, tight quarters, all the salt and dirt, continuous motion, …(ahh, having a toddler on board), and all the other obstacles and challenges that have made this adventure, there is only one thing on my mind: land. Land. LAND! I am deeply looking forward to stepping on land once again. Mostly to eat all the four-legged and two-legged creatures (meat!) that they may have as well as just intake a more balanced diet. I may indulge a bit, no doubt. And then just fall over and lie there in the stillness."

there's lots of tasty critters in guyana and (best of all) they're free for the picking.

youth on a 'mission'

Later on in the night we took a boat down river with some of the students staff and locals to catch Cayman crocodiles ( mini crocs). They are a delicacy here when marinaded in sauce for about a day. Heading down the river we shone our torchlights on the bank of the river to spot their reflecting red eyes. Half way through the trip the tropical rain pelted down, an experience I will never forget being on a river in Guyana, looking for crocodiles being soaked to the bone, made you feel so alive! We caught a few crocodiles and kept one we called Stanley.

2r602v6.jpg

Did they make port yet?

Oh, here's a better view of Reid Dragon Dancing (warning, the image might not be suitable for all viewers).

dd1-1.jpg

Is this real or photoshop? If I were a crew memeber, the moment I saw that I think I would have to have taken my chances swimming.

Did they make port yet?

Oh, here's a better view of Reid Dragon Dancing (warning, the image might not be suitable for all viewers).

dd1-1.jpg

Is this real or photoshop? If I were a crew memeber, the moment I saw that I think I would have to have taken my chances swimming.

It's real! I just enlarged and sharpened the image. It can be found herehttp://reidstoweart.com/Essays.html

apocalypse-now-redux-original.jpg

20000.jpg

Dewey-Defeats-Truman.jpg

You're really good at this TBM...quite a pro... you should do some publicity work for Reid. Try some without RW...the first pic with just Anne & Reid would be awesome..

These and Pip's videos are about the only things worth looking at...stop with the hat pics please!

Whoops...TM just posted a hat pic...not up to your standards TM...

Edit: Whoops...I was wrong...it's an original Reid pic..Reid explains his art and dancing at Reid Art and Dragon Dancing

Thanks for the link, Tabman!! You Can't Make This Shit Up!!!:lol:

"The art I create is the result of high performance physical action and at the same time it is a spiritual practice that empowers that action and my self to higher sublime heights. Much of what I say about my art and even the look of it may resemble many other artists and their work in the age of Modernism and Contemporary art. The words I use to describe my art are not new, but my actions are. One might say my work is rooted more in the creations of cavemen and tribal artists because I believe art is needed to help us carry out our sacred actions in order to survive in the world. The living energy of the age old quests of man is part of what has helped me surpass modern man’s physical achievements. Today I have been at sea for 1,121 days at sea without stopping, an achievement no one has come close to accomplishing. This is what sets me apart from contemporary artists. I am a man who has been carrying out an evolved physical action with the aid of artistic creations."

Congrats to Reid, Anne, and her Crew...

From Paulina, Andy's girlfriend...

THEY MADE IT!!!!!!! SPOT 01/10/2012 10:06:32 EST

"They made it there yesterday, but couldn't "land" because they are waiting for the customs…so perhaps today they will step onto the land!!

How exciting!!!

pheww!

<3

P"

screen-shot-2012-01-10-at-10-10-53-am.png?w=545&h=366

OceansWays1

Latitude:6.8074

Longitude:-58.17178

GPS location Date/Time:01/10/2012 10:06:32 EST

Click the link below to see where I am located.

http://fms.ws/6pO6B/6.8074N/58.17178W

Congrats to Reid, Anne, and her Crew...

From Paulina, Andy's girlfriend...

THEY MADE IT!!!!!!! SPOT 01/10/2012 10:06:32 EST

"They made it there yesterday, but couldn't "land" because they are waiting for the customs…so perhaps today they will step onto the land!!

How exciting!!!

pheww!

<3

P"

screen-shot-2012-01-10-at-10-10-53-am.png?w=545&h=366

OceansWays1

Latitude:6.8074

Longitude:-58.17178

GPS location Date/Time:01/10/2012 10:06:32 EST

Click the link below to see where I am located.

http://fms.ws/6pO6B/6.8074N/58.17178W

thanks sc. can't wait to hear what happens next.

i wonder how they are steering in such tight quarters.

You all got VERY lucky gambling with people's lives. That kind of "exciting" isn't anything to be proud of or encourage.

Yeah....Yeah....Reid's ALWAYS lucky, isn't he...grow up and admit he can sail..

Is that like watching a drunk driver with 3 flat tires make his way home from the bar at 3 mph and "admitting he can drive" :lol:

Is that from personal experience? Try 2200 nm from NYC to Georgetown with a noob crew...