• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

us7070

used J/111

yachtworld listing

"No sails are included with this specifciation as the owner is keeping them for his next J/111"

so, he's selling a one year old boat, to get a new new one, but keeping the sails?

what's wrong with the current boat?

i could see keeping the boat, and buying new sails...

yachtworld listing

"No sails are included with this specifciation as the owner is keeping them for his next J/111"

so, he's selling a one year old boat, to get a new new one, but keeping the sails?

I have heard about some build issues already developing...anyone with a boat want to provide first hand thoughts on that?

They are coming to Key West and it costs more to ship a boat both ways from the UK than the depreciation. They have had a successful season finishing 2nd in RORC Overall for 2011. She was at Southampton Boat Show and looked good. She certainly attracted the crowds attention.

They are coming to Key West and it costs more to ship a boat both ways from the UK than the depreciation.

well, i guess they won't know that for sure till they sell the boat...

yachtworld listing

I have heard about some build issues already developing...anyone with a boat want to provide first hand thoughts on that?

I own hull #8, apart from some non-build-related teething pains it's a completely solid boat.

The owner is buying another new J111. This boat is US built so doesn't have the European spec like headlining and oven etc. My guess is he wants to upgrade to that spec. Also as a "lead buyer" I am sure he got that boat and his next one at a good price.

crashtest - I've bought two brand new and one used J-boat and there has never been a whiff of any build issue. I've looked over 3 J111's inc this one and they all looked very nicely put together.

I own hull #8, apart from some non-build-related teething pains it's a completely solid boat.

I own #4, and boat has been solid. Agree with the teething issues, but I know of no reason why a more recent hull would have advantages over ours.

I own #4, and boat has been solid. Agree with the teething issues, but I know of no reason why a more recent hull would have advantages over ours.

Mirror RagBag's comments. We have hull #17 here in SF Bay along with RagBag's #4. Some minor teething issues that were proactively addressed by J and our local dealer. We have yet to go as fast as RagBag...;0)) and #4 has many ocean miles and racing success under her belt.

They are coming to Key West and it costs more to ship a boat both ways from the UK than the depreciation. They have had a successful season finishing 2nd in RORC Overall for 2011. She was at Southampton Boat Show and looked good. She certainly attracted the crowds attention.

and as well as doing Key West the owner might be spending more time in US as well, so why keep a boat in UK doing nothing and have 2 boats?

look at it the other way......what an endorsement to order one more, when you you still have your original.