• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
elle

women of sa calendar

MY sailing chick hung this picture of her superstructure in my bathroom last week. Its got potential, I'm thinkin'....

IMG_0511.jpg

Wow, she points well!

You don't think she is pointing a bit high?

that's to be expected when there's no sag....

Eat yer hearts out guys... all natural materials.....

sooooo....I have time Friday and Sunday to take pics.

Anybody in New England, USA, want to take photos of me? Anybody have a boat lying around to take pictures on/around/up the mast? I mean, actually up the mast on a boat in my harness, not up the mast in my harness on the casting couch blink.gif Or packing...a...chute...nevermind...

If anyone is still sailing here (hey, it was 71 degrees & sunny today!), I'd like to go out sailing even more than just taking a pic of me flopping on some boat on the hard. I promise, I'll kick ass on the bow even if it's just a booze cruise.

I have pics of myself sailing & in regattas but I do not know how many of them are high-res. Da-Woody has taken some pics of me, which I appreciate, rolleyes.gif if he would like to nominate and donate one. But that is up to him.

If this doesn't work out, I'll send some pics my sister took. They involve a boat, the bow, & a bikini but they are not high-res, I think.

I'm glad this is coming along well! I hope Catherine's doing well!

just got her other photos!! awesome! thx

happy to help out and point :P too bad there wasn't more wind last weekend when most of them were taken

does the new puppy have a slot shot chance of making it into the calender???

I am pretty sure elle said earlier there would be no puppies.

Just getting my coat........

Anybody in New England, USA, want to take photos of me? Anybody have a boat lying around to take pictures on/around/up the mast? I mean, actually up the mast on a boat in my harness, not up the mast in my harness on the casting couch blink.gif Or packing...a...chute...nevermind...

If anyone is still sailing here (hey, it was 71 degrees & sunny today!), I'd like to go out sailing even more than just taking a pic of me flopping on some boat on the hard. I promise, I'll kick ass on the bow even if it's just a booze cruise.

I have pics of myself sailing & in regattas but I do not know how many of them are high-res. Da-Woody has taken some pics of me, which I appreciate, rolleyes.gif if he would like to nominate and donate one. But that is up to him.

If this doesn't work out, I'll send some pics my sister took. They involve a boat, the bow, & a bikini but they are not high-res, I think.

Your sisters ones will do just fine.

+1 for you sis's pix

WTF ....................... you go US-kitty-corner and ask who wants to take your pic :(

come on back to DAGO and I'll spend a day or two to get it right B)

+1 for you sis's pix

WTF ....................... you go US-kitty-corner and ask who wants to take your pic :(

BJ is helping me out on Friday so looks like we'll have something that'll be fun. I'm sure a bikini in some form will be involved. If not, I promise I'll submit at least one of my sister's pics.

Yes, I need to come back to DAGO for some pictures...oh, and some sailing :-)

I'm actually going to be back in CA Dec 21-27 but y'all don't have regattas during that time even though it's nice and warm (by Rhode Island standards). There's none of that pesky snow stuff. Californians have no excuse for not sailing year-round, every day. Work, you say? Bah.

I know the FT-10 goes out NY's day but I'll already be back in RI by then.

One of these days, Woody, I'll be back. Like a bad penny. Until then, enjoy the weather!cool.gif

+1 for you sis's pix

BJ is helping me out on Friday so looks like we'll have something that'll be fun. I'm sure a bikini in some form will be involved. If not, I promise I'll submit at least one of my sister's pics.

I'm actually going to be back in CA Dec 21-27 but y'all don't have regattas during that time even though it's nice and warm (by Rhode Island standards). There's none of that pesky snow stuff. Californians have no excuse for not sailing year-round, every day. Work, you say? Bah.

One of these days, Woody, I'll be back. Like a bad penny. Until then, enjoy the weather!cool.gif

We got them. Bikinis involved. Which was mighty sporting I might add, given how cold it was today.

MY sailing chick hung this picture of her superstructure in my bathroom last week. Its got potential, I'm thinkin'....

IMG_0511.jpg

If this pic doesn't make the calendar, then I don't want one.

Lucky bastard....... ;)

+1 for you sis's pix

We got them. Bikinis involved. Which was mighty sporting I might add, given how cold it was today.

+12

the pics came out well! I can't wait to see the calendar.

+1 for you sis's pix

+12

I still think we should be allowed to post a teaser...

+1 for you sis's pix

+12

Oh, yes please!!:D

+12

OK, this probably won't get me in trouble with the Boss.

teaser.jpg

+12

OK, this probably won't get me in trouble with the Boss.

post-11-047547200 1321136105_thumb.jpg

with the minds around this place that will get you in trouble with the boss

au près please ask BJ to send copies to your DAGO Poparitze

I just want to check the lighting and such :rolleyes:

BJ You LUCKY Bastard !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

Haaa haaa haa, you guys crack me up! I hope the final product, if it's included in the calendar, doesn't disappoint. No (major) leaks until the calendar comes out, even to my favorite paparazzi! ;-)

where is that? :blink:

Anatomically or geographically?

I suppose both.

Maybe a wider angle shot would help. :)

That's not even the most interesting part of the shot, IMO. Anatomically or geographically.

at least it's shaven :o:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

+12

Having seen some of the effort put in by the girls to do this, I can say there will plenty of SAers who will be stunned at the end product.

So no teasers, you greedy bastards will just have to wait!

Having seen some of the effort put in by the girls to do this, I can say there will plenty of SAers who will be stunned at the end product.

So no teasers, you greedy horny bastards will just have to wait!

Fixed

today is the deadline for pics! now we can start putting it all together. i think we are pretty right on schedule for dec.1.

You guys just crack me up!

+1

+2

today is the deadline for pics! now we can start putting it all together. i think we are pretty right on schedule for dec.1.

When selecting the final shots elle, bare in mind that subtlety would be completely wasted on us.

well, i have been told (by bad jelly) that i am about as subtle as a sledgehammer, so i really wouldn't bother trying to be....

that said.......

this isn't a titty calendar, don't expect one.

it is a bunch of (gorgeous imo) female sa posters trying to help our friend by finally getting it together to follow through on a fun idea that's been tossed about for a few yrs.

we all hope you'll like it, even if we aren't all super models and it doesn't look like a girlie magazine. :)

well, i have been told (by bad jelly) that i am about as subtle as a sledgehammer, so i really wouldn't bother trying to be....

that said.......

it is a bunch of (gorgeous imo) female sa posters trying to help our friend by finally getting it together to follow through on a fun idea that's been tossed about for a few yrs.

we all hope you'll like it, even if we aren't all super models and it doesn't look like a girlie magazine. :)

Don't sell yourselves short! This is going to be a collector's item. The FIRST Women of SA Calendar!

Christmas is indeed coming.... ;)

dash

that said.......

Don't sell yourselves short! This is going to be a collector's item. The FIRST Women of SA Calendar!

Christmas is indeed coming.... ;)

dash

I'm feeling festive all of a sudden! :)

that said.......

Do we have the capability to pay with overseas credit cards? I know I've had issues buying things (over the net) in the states before.

This is amazing to me and this morning is bringing a tear to my eye, I am very touched by the work and love being put into this. Thank you.

that said.......

Very well said elle.

Respect.

that said.......

Real women are better than supermodels. I can't wait to place my order.

So, I want one of these calendars. How do we go about ordering one?

Let us make the calendar first and then we'll tell everyone how to get one.

IB: If you can find someone to donate printing services, THAT would be a help!

that said.......

Christmas is indeed coming.... ;) dash

...+1,,,finally,a giftsmas t'look forward to!! :)

This is amazing to me and this morning is bringing a tear to my eye, I am very touched by the work and love being put into this. Thank you.

+million

So glad to do my tiny part in giving you a little assistance through this rough time. SA is really a special community. A special community filled with horny men. Love it!

+million

So glad to do my tiny part in giving you a little assistance through this rough time. SA is really a special community. A special community filled with horny men. Love it!

Well said I agree & after being what I think is a good sport & having some fun I get to run away to sea & come back when the fuss is over!!!

And that is precisely why we want it. Real pictures of real people we know and like.

If it looks like a girlie magazine I would be unwilling to hang it in my home or office.

Honestly, I think that's a mistake. There are different printing and binding technologies you would use depending upon the size of the order. An opportunity to take pre-orders would give you some sense of the size of the initial print run. PayPal works well for overseas transactions; it's not hard to set up a PayPal merchant account.

Hold on folks. If the sole objective for this calendar is to raise funds to help out Catherine, then we need to ask the question as to whether or not she would benefit more from direct donations or through the profits (if any) from this project.

I'm not sure how expensive it would be to publish this calendar, nor do I have a clue as to the potential revenue. The point being that the revenue has to exceed the cost by a factor of two before MSG would receive more than just sending her some bucks. If it would take, say $5K to publish, then $10K in sales are needed to be made before she was ahead. At, say, $10 a calendar, that would require 1000 to be sold. Is all that reasonable?

Just sayin'

It also about the fun and the process.

A whole lot of people have donated much more than they could have donated in a dollar value

Exactly.

It also about the fun and the process.

A whole lot of people have donated much more than they could have donated in a dollar value

I understand that.

However, if the objective of the project is to raise money for Catherine, then maybe it's not going to achieve that objective.

Now, how do you raise the funds to print the calendar?

Hold on folks. If the sole objective for this calendar is to raise funds to help out Catherine, then we need to ask the question as to whether or not she would benefit more from direct donations or through the profits (if any) from this project.

I'm not sure how expensive it would be to publish this calendar, nor do I have a clue as to the potential revenue. The point being that the revenue has to exceed the cost by a factor of two before MSG would receive more than just sending her some bucks. If it would take, say $5K to publish, then $10K in sales are needed to be made before she was ahead. At, say, $10 a calendar, that would require 1000 to be sold. Is all that reasonable?

Just sayin'

stop "just sayin'" and send MSG a check.

I just sent $20 her way. I'll buy a calendar too if/when they are ready.

Just sayin'

Just sayin'

I did several weeks ago. Are you going to match?

So, I want one of these calendars. How do we go about ordering one?

IB: If you can find someone to donate printing services, THAT would be a help!

That's tough. It will take somebody who owns a printing company to do that. All the folks I know with printing capability and donate "in kind" support do it based on a corporate donation annual plan and triple check non profit or public entity status (one prints the Sherrif's Annual Report, for example).

Might be worth it for Elle to start a thread "looking for printing services" that may cast a wider net than discussing it here.

So $14.30/ea. for 12. Wonder what they'd do at 50 or 100? Anyway, sounds like the bottom line is that with a $30 calendar, objective is achieved. Not counting time and energy of course. What the conversation has missed is what every Non-Profit talks obsessively about...building awareness. Not that SA hasn't done a reasonably good job of that anyway, Nice front page today!, but this is just one more thing to keep it top of mind. I think the whole project is very worthwhile. I will buy a calendar when it's ready and will donate right after I hit "Post". I expect most calendar buyers will donate also.

So $14.30/ea. for 12. Wonder what they'd do at 50 or 100? Anyway, sounds like the bottom line is that with a $30 calendar, objective is achieved. Not counting time and energy of course. What the conversation has missed is what every Non-Profit talks obsessively about...building awareness. Not that SA hasn't done a reasonably good job of that anyway, Nice front page today!, but this is just one more thing to keep it top of mind. I think the whole project is very worthwhile. I will buy a calendar when it's ready and will donate right after I hit "Post". I expect most calendar buyers will donate also.

On that math, say 100 calendars were sold. SAers paid a total of $3000 for these calendars. The hard cost was $1430. So Catherine gets $1570. As contrasted with giving the $3000 directly to MSG.

Let's hope that everyone would do what you are, that is, donating and also buying a calendar.

On that math, say 100 calendars were sold. SAers paid a total of $3000 for these calendars. The hard cost was $1430. So Catherine gets $1570. As contrasted with giving the $3000 directly to MSG.

Let's hope that everyone would do what you are, that is, donating and also buying a calendar.

I can hardly imagine seeing that calendar every day and not donating. Not only once, but hopefully on a regular basis. Although today's was my first, it most certainly won't be the last. Maybe every time I turn a page in the calendar?

Go the Catherine!!

The people that are going to donate, they will donate anyway.

The calendar, well they will buy that too. As will a bunch of other people that might not donate otherwise too.

--------------

There are ways to do this where it is "on demand". You will net less money, but you don't need to lay out big $$ at the start for a bunch of calendars you might not sell. You can also get ordering and fulfillment done on line without getting involved with it.

Ok,ok, I know I'm likely to receive major blowback on this, but I'm not a (completely) rotten person. It's awful when people get dealt the 'Black Card' from above and have to fight for--or lose their life. But there's a lesson in this.

Similar to what Kenny Read wrote about the pro sailor, Spike, who slipped in the shower, landed the wrong way and died. Stuff happens, it's awful. Could be me driving tomorrow.

Here goes: She should of had health insurance. Don't rely on an employer for coverage, you can buy on your own. If you're scrambling for jobs it's better to have your OWN coverage because then your not tied to a job. You can take the work, travel & opportunities you want. You're not tied to an employer. Do you rely on your employer to provide car or renter's insurance? No.

If you can travel that much you should be able to scrape $80 to $120 p/month for a high deductible health plan. All plans bought after October 2010 have the new benefits (which some people deride as ObamaCare).

Here's what's built in:

1) All your preventive care is now $0 cost---cost is built into the plan. So your mammograms, blood test, physical, even colonosctopies are at $0 out of pocket.

2) For an extra $25 p/month you can have also have $0 deductible for any accident/injury---that's money well spent for active sailors!

3) So your only real cost is sickness/illness. So Catherine would have cost---but she'd of had the preventive care before and maybe this awful cancer good of been detected at Stage 2 or 3---it only helps save your life. Steve Jobs took 9 months to get serious.

4) Even w/ a high deductible plan you do get the network discounts which are LARGE. So Catherine may have a $5k deductible, but through the course of a year that pro-rates to $400 p/month. Rent, food, car, life cost more than that.

So I realize I may get some 'your callous' mail. Not my intent. I don't believe I've ever had the pleasure of meeting Catherine, I'm just being objective or detached. But as w/ Spike, don't ignore this stuff.

Yes I sell health insurance, that's how I know some of the above benefits. I make a whopping 10%, maybe $12 p/month. So you'll continue to see me as O.P.B. But I'll put some skin in this game; I'll donate 20% of any profit from policies sold through this group/site/friends, etc. This isn't a marketing gimmick, the $10 p/month I keep isn't large. But recognize there will always be more accidents, cancer, melanoma, etc. Don't be uncovered.

So my intent is genuine, take this as a wake up call. Not sure if I can post my website, will wait for responses. Scott, Mr. Clean, can I post my website??

Paul Murphy

Ok,ok, I know I'm likely to receive major blowback on this, but I'm not a (completely) rotten person. It's awful when people get dealt the 'Black Card' from above and have to fight for--or lose their life. But there's a lesson in this.

Similar to what Kenny Read wrote about the pro sailor, Spike, who slipped in the shower, landed the wrong way and died. Stuff happens, it's awful. Could be me driving tomorrow.

Here goes: She should of had health insurance. Don't rely on an employer for coverage, you can buy on your own. If you're scrambling for jobs it's better to have your OWN coverage because then your not tied to a job. You can take the work, travel & opportunities you want. You're not tied to an employer. Do you rely on your employer to provide car or renter's insurance? No.

If you can travel that much you should be able to scrape $80 to $120 p/month for a high deductible health plan. All plans bought after October 2010 have the new benefits (which some people deride as ObamaCare).

Here's what's built in:

1) All your preventive care is now $0 cost---cost is built into the plan. So your mammograms, blood test, physical, even colonosctopies are at $0 out of pocket.

2) For an extra $25 p/month you can have also have $0 deductible for any accident/injury---that's money well spent for active sailors!

3) So your only real cost is sickness/illness. So Catherine would have cost---but she'd of had the preventive care before and maybe this awful cancer good of been detected at Stage 2 or 3---it only helps save your life. Steve Jobs took 9 months to get serious.

4) Even w/ a high deductible plan you do get the network discounts which are LARGE. So Catherine may have a $5k deductible, but through the course of a year that pro-rates to $400 p/month. Rent, food, car, life cost more than that.

So I realize I may get some 'your callous' mail. Not my intent. I don't believe I've ever had the pleasure of meeting Catherine, I'm just being objective or detached. But as w/ Spike, don't ignore this stuff.

Yes I sell health insurance, that's how I know some of the above benefits. I make a whopping 10%, maybe $12 p/month. So you'll continue to see me as O.P.B. But I'll put some skin in this game; I'll donate 20% of any profit from policies sold through this group/site/friends, etc. This isn't a marketing gimmick, the $10 p/month I keep isn't large. But recognize there will always be more accidents, cancer, melanoma, etc. Don't be uncovered.

So my intent is genuine, take this as a wake up call. Not sure if I can post my website, will wait for responses. Scott, Mr. Clean, can I post my website??

Paul Murphy

I should have had health insurance? YOU should shut the fuck up. You know absolutely nothing about my life or my financial choices.

edit: this thread is about the women of sa calender, not pimping your business. buy an ad or start your own thread or delete your comment.

Here's what's built in:

Paul Murphy

This thread is about an SA Calendar. GA is probably the right place for Ponzi Scheme Anarchy.

Here's what's built in:

Paul Murphy

Ambulance chasing opportunist is too kind a description for you. Greedy cunt might be better? We have already seen what Catherine thinks of your "proposal" upthread. Peter Doreian, whom you name only as Spike, was a close personal friend of mine and probably of many others here too. That you would invoke his untimely demise as a "marketing tool" is utterly despicable. Please, take this opportunity to fuck off.

Needs a good kick in the nuts then flicking.

plus a milllion!

How are people suposed to afford health insurance when it's 25 grand a year for a husband and wife because of previous rare illnesses that are totally cured? Give that twit the flick, Dawg; please?

Can't wait to order the calendar!!

He says $400 is less than rent & car payments...but this is $400/mo ON TOP OF rent & car payments. And bills, and food. It's not affordable to a vast majority of people. When you're struggling to buy food, you're going to buy food with your money, not health insurance.

And while I'm ranting: Obamacare was passed only in 2010, a lot of it's provisions are being litigated now & many of these provisions are yet to be phased in.

Steve Jobs was a millionaire.

The most mobile demographics tend NOT to be the most well-off (don't own homes, are laid off from jobs more easily, etc). If this gentleman knew the sailing world, he'd know that. If you come on to this website to preach/sell, know who you're preaching/selling to.

I don't blame Catherine & fully support her and this calendar.

I know Paul, unless there is another sailor insurance salesman named Paul Murphy who is prone to talking a lot. He is a great guy and does not deserve this level of vilification, even if his comments on a pretty touchy subject, although well intentioned, were probably misplaced and mistimed.

If he is this poster and is a good guy, he will say sorry and buy a calender. If not...................... :angry:

BTW< when I was running a small business I *tried* to get health insurance for everyone. It pretty much came down to "A paycheck or insurance, you guys get to pick one" :o

I know Paul, unless there is another sailor insurance salesman named Paul Murphy who is prone to talking a lot. He is a great guy and does not deserve this level of vilification, even if his comments on a pretty touchy subject, although well intentioned, were probably misplaced and mistimed.

Perhaps. The comments were somewhat akin to telling kids who showered with Jerry Sandusky that they shouldn't have dropped the soap.

If he is this poster and is a good guy, he will say sorry and buy a calender. If not...................... :angry:

BTW< when I was running a small business I *tried* to get health insurance for everyone. It pretty much came down to "A paycheck or insurance, you guys get to pick one" :o

To be fair to Paul, it may well NOT be him. Maybe outing him wasn't the best idea? just sayin........

Wanna go back and delete? Give the guy a chance to fix the damage if it is him ;)

Perhaps. The comments were somewhat akin to telling kids who showered with Jerry Sandusky that they shouldn't have dropped the soap.

To be fair to Paul, it may well NOT be him. Maybe outing him wasn't the best idea? just sayin........

Wanna go back and delete? Give the guy a chance to fix the damage if it is him ;)

He didn't out him. The offending post was signed Paul Murphy......

OK - but might not be THE Paul Murphy we all know in Annapolis.

He didn't out him. The offending post was signed Paul Murphy......

*sigh* just take it to pa....the comment wouldn't be as missplace there...there are plenty of discussions on the very subject (with a hell of a lot less vemon directed towards the posters of like mind). discussion of the subject here is inappropriate (yeah, i know...never stopped anyone before).

*sigh* just take it to pa....the comment wouldn't be as missplace there...there are plenty of discussions on the very subject (with a hell of a lot less vemon directed towards the posters of like mind). discussion of the subject here is inappropriate (yeah, i know...never stopped anyone before).

Well, lets just end it real fast, with a summary of what Mr. Murphy will face in PA.

Done. Finished. Problem SOLved. Now, back to the calendar.

Ok i went ahead and removed my post from view, as it seems there are multiple Paul Murphy's selling insurance. The one i had posted a pic of is from Malden, Massachusetts. His agency the has been nominated for an award for marketing? "Paul T. Murphy Insurance is nominated for their dedication in reaching out to their customers and forming long-term relationships using internet marketing tactics and focusing on each individual’s insurance" didn't find another guy of the same name in an exhaustive 10 minute google search.

All the rest belongs in PA, so when are we getting a sneak preview of this calendar?

Ok i went ahead and removed my post from view, as it seems there are multiple Paul Murphy's selling insurance. The one i had posted a pic of is from Malden, Massachusetts. His agency the has been nominated for an award for marketing? "Paul T. Murphy Insurance is nominated for their dedication in reaching out to their customers and forming long-term relationships using internet marketing tactics and focusing on each individual’s insurance" didn't find another guy of the same name in an exhaustive 10 minute google search.

All the rest belongs in PA, so when are we getting a sneak p