• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dolphinmaster

Hot Rum

Very simple - with the storm the day before, it was light and lumpy but the angles were perfect for us.

With the winds quite a bit south of where it normally blows from, the FT's had good angles to beat/tight reach out the bay to 1st mark. It was a long deep spin run on leg 2, another good angle for FT's. Followed by a tight spin reach to 3rd mark and close to a straight beat on leg 4. Then a tight spin reach to the finish. The course was almost perfect for our limited OD sail inventory. 4 FT's in the top 6 out of 122 boats.

We would have caught the Ed if only we had a working kelp stick....

Clew

Very simple - with the storm the day before, it was light and lumpy but the angles were perfect for us.

With the winds quite a bit south of where it normally blows from, the FT's had good angles to beat/tight reach out the bay to 1st mark. It was a long deep spin run on leg 2, another good angle for FT's. Followed by a tight spin reach to 3rd mark and close to a straight beat on leg 4. Then a tight spin reach to the finish. The course was almost perfect for our limited OD sail inventory. 4 FT's in the top 6 out of 122 boats.

Clew

Thanks CDub,

so it appears the FT is a real cudgel in the light. What were the wind speeds and was there much current?

Bob, I use to have an SR Max by Glen Henderson and in the light, it was awesome. I always wondered what specific aspects of the underwater shape were so favorable to slipperyness. What about the FT-10? With all the hull discussions going on the boards, let's not leave off the Tiger.

That's just great you guys. Wait till I tell my wife. She'll say, "Oh,,,that's nice."

I may strut around the house tonight. I think I have a right to do that given your results.

Yippee!

Clew

it was like this:

is the hot rum races here in SD outside the bay!!!!! OMFG FINALLY BACK INTO THE OCEAN!

Starts in the bay near the West end of Shelter Island, goes out into the ocean for a bit, and returns to finish where it started.

Can be a bit random.