• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Roy Sherman windmill

Who is snaggletooth

Sanggy got a good share of the awards last night.

Well that narrows it down to like a dozen of the 120 or so in attendence.

Nice do. BTBOTFA and I had fun. Got to catch up with some old friends and make new ones. Of course it is always nice to spend an evening with the snagster ;) .

What I find really bizarre is listening to folks like Jeff Willis and Don Rave having a converstaion about who Snaggy is. I have come to expect that from the likes of BTBOTFA, and to some degree Charlie Powers, but to hear stallworths like Willis and Rave having lenghty discussions on the subject surprised me. One thing that was very revealing was when Roy Sherman got up and spoke, suddenly Snaggletooth's spelling didn't seem so far fetched or out of whack!

I think you will find out that Snaggy's last might be Willis?

Not sure about that. If gobbler is correct, the Willises didn't take home any silver that I recall.

Dan Corcoran

That's just wrong.

Nice do. BTBOTFA and I had fun. Got to catch up with some old friends and make new ones. Of course it is always nice to spend an evening with the snagster ;) .

What I find really bizarre is listening to folks like Jeff Willis and Don Rave having a converstaion about who Snaggy is. I have come to expect that from the likes of BTBOTFA, and to some degree Charlie Powers, but to hear stallworths like Willis and Rave having lenghty discussions on the subject surprised me. One thing that was very revealing was when Roy Sherman got up and spoke, suddenly Snaggletooth's spelling didn't seem so far fetched or out of whack!

I think you will find out that Snaggy's last might be Willis?

Dave said he and only two other people on the planet know who Snaggy is but he wouldn't give him up even though i was sitting there with pen poised over blank check, ready to give him a deposit on a new boat as long as he gave us the name. Snaggy has some mystical power over his subjects.......

trying to find out who Snaggs is , is like trying to find out who Spiderman, Batman and Wonder Woman really are....Snaggy does us all a great service and we should just let it go at that.... :)

trying to find out who Snaggs is , is like trying to find out who Spiderman, Batman and Wonder Woman really are....Snaggy does us all a great service and we should just let it go at that.... :)

No. 6 and I were so close, Dacapo-it was like finding Bigfoot's fingerprints and a smoldering campfire...we could feel his presence, false clues all over the place, one of the perpetuals was the "Prezidents Trofee" or something like that...there were denials from suspects that were not complete denials, there were tales of Snaggy saving somebody's hungover ass thirty years ago, there was misdirection, there were smokescreens, we might have seen him at the back of the room, at the podium or we may have been at the same table.We failed in our quest but we feel like we have proof of his existence, almost like a snapshot of Bigfoot running through the redwoods....

It is your quest BTBOFTA. I am but a Sherpa along for the ride. While I find it a social phenomena, the scope of people who are seeking this holy grail, I am firmly in Dacapo's camp as to letting Snaggy be Snaggy.

Funny this, and the Breeze Please theory!

It was a fun night and the club seems to have finally figured out how to prepare a tender beef...

Out of curiosity: any feedback on the included wine & beer? good/bad/indifferent? seemed to fix the crowding at the bar problem from prior years.

not sure we can we scratch the willis's out I tried to offer snaggs some low prices on very lightly used carbon sails for what I thought was his boat, sorry I mean his other boat.........no dice

not even a response.

It was a fun night and the club seems to have finally figured out how to prepare a tender beef...

Out of curiosity: any feedback on the included wine & beer? good/bad/indifferent? seemed to fix the crowding at the bar problem from prior years.

no. 6 and i had no problem refueling with morgans and coke (how you drink that is beyond me) and Makers. So good call!

Whom ever snaggs is they sure as hell don't spend any time working at their real job. Jeff W should be pissed ( just saying).

That would only be if he worked for Jeff or if his last name started with a W, which he doesn't and it doesn't.

LIRR?

oooo that is a theory worth testing. Though I sometimes think there is a secret anti-spell check at work there. It's so random.

no. 6 and i had no problem refueling with morgans and coke (how you drink that is beyond me) and Makers. So good call!

Um, Morgans and Makers would have been on a cash basis... I meant the beer & wine being in the fee. Makes sense at the wallet, not sure if that sufficed, or if most went cash for cocktails...

point was that the bar was pretty open and accessible for guys who wanted something with a bit more bite than beer or wine-worked out fine, was a very entertaining evening-well done to all the folks at Lloyd Harbor

Um, Morgans and Makers would have been on a cash basis... I meant the beer & wine being in the fee. Makes sense at the wallet, not sure if that sufficed, or if most went cash for cocktails...

Why were you at the awards?

U asking CJV or me?

CJV

I know why you were there, did JT go into blowhard mode with anyone?

Whom ever snaggs is they sure as hell don't spend any time working at their real job. Jeff W should be pissed ( just saying).

You guys are close

Snaggy is Gill Coneys and trims main on an old Beneteau demo model.

U asking CJV or me?

CJV

nah, he was pretty restrained, though he did go on and on about a Bermuda race on Devocean that went sideways-the one that got away....

You guys are close

don't know about that MD44 but I keep hearing about your vocal performance at the Mooseheads-where's that youtube link?

Gonna come out on a double live Christmas CD

'Thats Ridiculous'

'LeeG Got Run Over By An AVRA'

' Silent Espo' '

'No6 The Red Nose Blowhard'

'I Saw Left Hook Blowing MattB'

'Kevlar Edge is Cuming in His Pants'

'White Butchmas'

'Have Yourself a Merry Little BJ (Porter)'

'All I Want For Christmas is For Left Hook To STFU"

etc

U asking CJV or me?

CJV

nah, he was pretty restrained, though he did go on and on about a Bermuda race on Devocean that went sideways-the one that got away....

You guys are close

don't know about that MD44 but I keep hearing about your vocal performance at the Mooseheads-where's that youtube link?

They asked, I answered. The only story I told about DevOcean was the propane story. All short and sweet like.

Besides, who could get a word in edgewise with you on a tear? Almost like you were running for office...oh wait!

Guest One of Five

It is your quest BTBOFTA. I am but a Sherpa along for the ride. While I find it a social phenomena, the scope of people who are seeking this holy grail, I am firmly in Dacapo's camp as to letting Snaggy be Snaggy.

Never meet your heroes. They just never live up toe the hipe.

^ Yes. But this case may be different. The effect he has had on all of us is hard to articulate.

He has no enemies? He is never challenged?

The quality and fascination of the Snaggs character will be found somewhere in the solid, kindly heart of the human behind the character.

We might well find the author to be fat, bald, ugly, and a lousy sailor, too, but I seriously doubt we will find a mean person at the core.

His humor and outlook touches and inspires all of us, in an SA landscape that is often rolling cruelty. Remarkable stuff.

Guest One of Five

^ Yes. But this case may be different. The effect he has had on all of us is hard to articulate.

The quality and fascination of the Snaggs character will be found somewhere in the solid, kindly heart of the human behind the character.

We might well find the author to be fat, bald, ugly, and a lousy sailor, too, but I seriously doubt we will find a mean person at the core.

His humor and outlook touches and inspires all of us, in an SA landscape that is often rolling cruelty. Remarkable stuff.

he's fat and ugly but not bald. I'll give you guys taht mouch.

Guest One of Five

like it matters. I know who Snaggy is and have told him I'm not going to give him/her up. the guessing game is fun though.

Fat and ugly?

I thought he was squishy, cuddly, and adorably sweet.

Guest One of Five

Fat and ugly?

You know who I'm talking about - you'd call that guy ANY of the above?

Fat and ugly?

Wait, Kevin is Snaggletooth?

Fat and ugly?

You know who I'm talking about - you'd call that guy ANY of the above?

One person's "fat" is another person's "squishy/cuddly".

One person's Quasimodo is another person's sweetheart.

One man's garbage is another man's treasure ...

While they share a similar sense of humour, alas no, they do not share the same birth name.

Guest One of Five

ohhh puhleaze... that sentence makes me question,,, more than I'm willing to address right now. I gotta go.

So last Turkey Day Reach, when Kevin declared that Snaggletooth was aboard Shooting Star and we all knew who that was, he wasn't talking about himself? Hmmmm...twins from different parents.

Guest One of Five

Fat and ugly?

I'm just not going to touch this.

Guest One of Five

So last Turkey Day Reach, when Kevin declared that Snaggletooth was aboard Shooting Star and we all knew who that was, he wasn't talking about himself? Hmmmm...twins from different parents.

Just not going there.

Guest One of Five

Too late.

Besides, I think BTBOTFA's head is about to explode...and we could all use a good laugh.

Sorry, but I told Snaggy I wouldn't give him up.

He's the nicest guy in the world - I truly mean that - stunning considering the other people on this board. A riddle wrapped in an enigma.

Let's be clear, I am not asking anyone to out Snaggy. It is all about furthering the mystique.

Wait, MikeR is Snaggy? No that can't be right, he isn't all that fat.

Guest One of Five

Let's be clear, I am not asking anyone to out Snaggy. It is all about furthering the mystique.

Wait, MikeR is Snaggy? No that can't be right, he isn't all that fat.

as Mike commented about that day - there were eight of us and about 50 sockpuppets.

Guest One of Five

Surely that is an undercount.

No - I think that was pretty accurate - now if we're talking historical... well

George? Doug?? Tom??? Fran????

Kukla, Fran and Ollie..

Guest One of Five

Snaggy told me he's honored to have his own thread, but really thinks we need to focus on better things.

Thnaks!

I've got a great idea - let's all go meet up in the Espo thread ... or maybe the Do-Rag thread ...

point was that the bar was pretty open and accessible for guys who wanted something with a bit more bite than beer or wine-worked out fine, was a very entertaining evening-well done to all the folks at Lloyd Harbor

Thanks, we tried a new fee approach this year. Seems to have worked.

Got a new phone tonight and had to copy down calendar items to program into the new device..

Write like Snaggy day is celebrated on February 29 or from noon February 28th to noon March 1 in short years

Surely that is an undercount.

Because you have about 40 yourself

Nah, not anywheres near that. Heck I probably have fewer than you do. The DC twins I suspect have a few.

:ph34r: better turn your spell check on...

I am thrilled to be nominated.

I oofer as candiate wichever commit. you feele I ame worth yof.

It's clear to me that Snags is a sock pupopet for Jocal, who is a communist and serves on both the US Sailing and NOSA Boards.

maybe the real question here should be "Why is Snaggletooth?"

Now, now you guys.

I would have thought it enough of a sign that when Digital Crush took a picture of Snaggy, he then promptly lost his phone overboard. It is an omen we should all heed.

Let it go boys.......this is better left untouched. Much like a honey badger.

The Snaggster is a dangerous little sort?

How's the tug, JK?

Now, now you guys.

I would have thought it enough of a sign that when Digital Crush took a picture of Snaggy, he then promptly lost his phone overboard. It is an omen we should all heed.

There are great and mystical powers at work.