Rawhide

Older fast Aus multies

Originally from NZ and then Noumea - now in Aust so partially qualifies . . . could be a good boat for someone.

Schionning

Has been bought by a mate and will be racing in Airlie in August.

Nacra-For-Sale.jpgdoes this mean Mal has the new carbon rig on the new boat?

Think it is on the way... Exciting times.

Is it sold...? A great buy for someone with a hard stand, I had to at least consider but logistics at Cronulla meant not this time.....damn

1326955221[/url]' post='3551846']
1326879109[/url]' post='3550415']
1326871636[/url]' post='3550378']

Is it sold...? A great buy for someone with a hard stand, I had to at least consider but logistics at Cronulla meant not this time.....damn

Not sure haven't seen mal for a few months.... Havent heard anything either way. Could have a pontoon type thing to lift it out of the water in a marina berth, like the hamo one....

There is a trimaran on the beach at Bundaberg called Ringo about 40 - 50 foot long. Old no rig probably a right off, although looks structurally OK.

Kraken 40' #1 - a piece of History SAVE IT!

Not sure haven't seen mal for a few months.... Havent heard anything either way. Could have a pontoon type thing to lift it out of the water in a marina berth, like the hamo one....

It's sold and on is's way back to the US where it's original designer now aged 70 is going to sail it. Was designed and called another brand originally but I can't remember what.

It really was a bargain it came with a trailer that was road legal. You just pulled up slid the sides of the trailer out with the hulls, put the Nacra together then backed her in the water, when your finished winch her on the trailer slide the trailer sides in once it was disassembled and drive off.

Reynolds

It's sold and on is's way back to the US where it's original designer now aged 70 is going to sail it. Was designed and called another brand originally but I can't remember what.

It really was a bargain it came with a trailer that was road legal. You just pulled up slid the sides of the trailer out with the hulls, put the Nacra together then backed her in the water, when your finished winch her on the trailer slide the trailer sides in once it was disassembled and drive off.

so it's come full circle

my understanding was that Tom Rolland designed the R36 for a planned professional sailing league

to be called NACRA

North American Catamaran Racing Association

about then he also built the alpha cat beach cats

and with a little further tweaking the nacra 5.2

which in many respects is a half scale R36

and now several attempts later, like the pro40 cats

we are back with the ACWS ac45s

I had heard Tom Roland had bought the boat in Australia to replace Warp Ten, the Roland 36 he bought back from me and my partner about 12 years ago that was subsequently lost off Marina Del Rey 6 or 7 years ago. That boat was constructed from a new set of hulls he made in 1987 for us. My partner had acquired the remains of the original Nacra 36 after it was wrecked in the early 80s. We took the salvagable parts from the original and the new hulls, new rig, beams, etc. and had a blast with it for about 12-13 years.post-57600-086530700 1332873692_thumb.jpgpost-57600-069642600 1332873711_thumb.jpgpost-57600-086133400 1332873725_thumb.jpg

It's good to know Tom is still alive (he was suffering badly from cancer last time I spoke to him). A very nice man and really helpful when we bought our NACRA 36, 2 of 10.

He was living in Ojai near Ventura. I hope he does get back out there for a go. it was a total shame when he flipped his cat Warp Ten in the Santa Barbara to King harbor race and it sank.

About seven or eight years ago he said the molds (crappy as they were) had been picked up by someone keen to build #11. I don't know what ever became of that, but man what a great boat. Far ahead of it's time when him and his brother built the first one.

1333669407[/url]' post='3659968']

I believe that the new carbon mast for Malice is in Port Douglas and the new sails are on order!

Correct

Anyone know what happened to Asassin? A Nichol tri that was extended and was the fastest thing in QLD before Pumpkin Eater came along(before it crashed).

And i'll ask again.....where's pumkin Eater....?

G'day,

Im the bloke who bought Pumpkin Eater and sailed her back to Brisbane. I sailed around Moreton bay for a year with visions of a renovation on the cards and when the back beam let go (from some corrosion and fatigue under the mounting area I couldnt see) then that was the time to put her on the hard here on Straddie and get repairing. With the help of a good friend (not sure if he wants to be revealed due to some mods we did) she has been stripped right back to the bare hulls and reinforced in the load areas. We have completed the port hull and all the interior structural work is done in the starboard hull. I have only put back the absolute minimum of equipment (but its all new, wiring switches, radios, toilet and tanks, etc) and will only have tramps forward and aft instead of the 5 ton of ply hard decks. When she was sailing it always felt like there wasnt enough buoyancy in the bows so we started to extend the bows and fit bulbs. I messed around with the design and ended up with a cross between southern ocean 50's and a torpedo I saw on a spindrift once. Anyway work stopped a while ago so I could concentrate on my business but Im now almost ready to restart the rebuild. I thought I would see if there was any more info on the old girl and came across your question.

I will if everyone agrees to be not too critical and a little bit understanding/sympathetic. Or I will even settle for keeping the outright abuse to a minimum.

Anyone know what happened to Asassin? A Nichol tri that was extended and was the fastest thing in QLD before Pumpkin Eater came along(before it crashed).

And i'll ask again.....where's pumkin Eater....?

G'day,

Im the bloke who bought Pumpkin Eater and sailed her back to Brisbane. I sailed around Moreton bay for a year with visions of a renovation on the cards and when the back beam let go (from some corrosion and fatigue under the mounting area I couldnt see) then that was the time to put her on the hard here on Straddie and get repairing. With the help of a good friend (not sure if he wants to be revealed due to some mods we did) she has been stripped right back to the bare hulls and reinforced in the load areas. We have completed the port hull and all the interior structural work is done in the starboard hull. I have only put back the absolute minimum of equipment (but its all new, wiring switches, radios, toilet and tanks, etc) and will only have tramps forward and aft instead of the 5 ton of ply hard decks. When she was sailing it always felt like there wasnt enough buoyancy in the bows so we started to extend the bows and fit bulbs. I messed around with the design and ended up with a cross between southern ocean 50's and a torpedo I saw on a spindrift once. Anyway work stopped a while ago so I could concentrate on my business but Im now almost ready to restart the rebuild. I thought I would see if there was any more info on the old girl and came across your question.

Thanks for the info. It was sad to see her leave with you and Ken Hurling late that day. From memory you got to Port Stevens and bought a new motor..???.....It is wonderfull to hear she lives on as a new improved version. A couple of things to check........there is a bronze/brass wear peice under the rotating mast to inspect and the rudder bearings.

Did you ever change Slides / slugs on the main (was a pain in the ass). Good to hear you got rid of the ply rear deck. When i bought it from Lock Percey it also had a massive stainless targa bar with ariels and an old radar and solar panels. I guesstimate over 500kgs of crap came off that brought the waterline up 3inches. It was painted with Wattle solar guard which hid the not so fair hull. She went on to win the Lock Crowther memorial regatta as "Blow Me" soon after the first round of mods.

Please post pics or pm me if you want old pics.

Keep the dream alive.

BTW ...speed record was 29 screaming down a wave heading in to Port Hacking on one hull. Sounds now like you could have a shot at that.

Funny your anarchy name is Shockwave (the design) as I had an unfortunate accident on a mono named Shockwave down here in Sydney not so long ago.

WooHoo! I was in the Australian NACRA Factory team back in the early 80s with Mitch Booth and Bob & John Forbes - I remember sailing that beast on Sydney Harbour. Stupid fun.

I will if everyone agrees to be not too critical and a little bit understanding/sympathetic. Or I will even settle for keeping the outright abuse to a minimum.

Post them up mate. You havent even been the traditional SA greeting yet.

Plus with an address like Straddie and a Crowther in your back yard I think most people would be envious than critical.

You never know you might end up with some good helpful comments if the serial pests stay away.

a very interesting boat

$400,000 seems a lot considering it's 35?years old

anyone care to guess what a new one would cost?

This is old and used to be fast in its day

post-7937-062930400 1336904149_thumb.jpg

Mooloolaba Fire Truck

Mooloolaba Fire Truck

Would be fun getting that off the pile birth in a blow.

a very interesting boat

I have no idea what David Barkers (designer) art work fetches but this is like having a sculpture you can sail.........In real life humming along at 20+ knots she looks mint cool.gif

a very interesting boat

I have no idea what David Barkers (designer) art work fetches but this is like having a sculpture you can sail.........In real life humming along at 20+ knots she looks mint cool.gif

did i hear that langman's orma 60, bp3, now KAS

cost about A$500,000?

google search turns up a 1990 irens orma for 360,000 euro

For Sale. ORMA ORMA 60´ - Rostock/ Ostsee- Baltic Sea, Germany ...

www.boatshop24.com/en/sailing.../orma-orma-60-3136795 - Cached

ORMA ORMA 60´, For Sale, Rostock/ Ostsee- Baltic Sea, Germany - €360000.

http://www.yachtworl...D&access=Public

Jeanneau orma 60 racing trimaran - JamesList

www.jameslist.com › Yachts › Jeanneau - Cached

For sale:NOKIA, Price:€ 200000 location:Norway. ... NOKIA. 1988 Jeanneau orma 60 racing trimaran in Norway. NOKIA. Details. Year 1988; VAT VAT Excluded ...

Mooloolaba Fire Truck

Would be fun getting that off the pile birth in a blow.

Not wrong there.

Probably pretty unique for its day

Anyone know of other aluminium racing tris of this vintage.

Coffin yachting at its finest.

but this is like having a sculpture you can sail

Are you sure you should be saying nice things about a Kiwi boat on this thread?

Gooday Bill & others in this thread. - O.K. - I'm game. 'Sundreamer' @ $400k NZD = just over $300k AUD & if I had the money - it would not be listed by Phil Hart - but sold to me & trying to get ready for the NZ to Noumea race. 35 years old has something to do with what? I don't understand. It's still worth 1/2 as much again as being asked & would cost $2m to build a new one. Why would you spend that much more just to get another 6 kts??? Boat's still mighty quick, laminate is still strong, sound & dry, easy to sail with 2 people & race with 4 to 8 persons if you wanted to, dry to sail at high speeds & comfortable as all heck. Look up the web site & take a tour of the inside - not many yachts with that much comfort that only weigh 10,500 lbs & draw as little - 14"., sail well & go to windward - with the best. 'Nokia' & all those others are very fast , extremely wet, not comfortable & have absolutely no accomodation or creature comforts (but golly gosh are they ever quick). David's Barker's design is without doubt - still contemporary & a 'work-of'art' for sure. Sometimes I wish he wasn't such a good artist & had stayed with designing multihulls. M-F-Truck was not as fast as it was designed to be - by any means. I don't know of a 'top-shelf' supa fast multi in aloy - has there been 1 since 'the mighty P-D' ??? Now if quick is what you have in mind & cruising is the comfort level you wish to sail fast at - try - Peter Aschenbrenner's - Nigel Irens design - 'Paradox' cause that is sure a beautiful vessel but a lot more $'s than $400K in any currency. O.K.,everyone, enjoy this comming week's sailing & keep healthy & smilin, ciao, james

. David's Barker's design is without doubt - still contemporary & a 'work-of'art' for sure. Sometimes I wish he wasn't such a good artist & had stayed with designing multihulls.

Hey Bill, get your drift :-) Silver Raven, DB was on to it all right. The line drawings for Sundancer in Gary Baigents book show a boat akin to a Schionning Line Honours or similar but drawn in the late 1960s. Barker was certainly a visionary multi designer/builder. Sundreamer is not comparable to used racing boats - she is (following the demise of near relation predecessor Stratosphere) a unique attempt to crate a large, fast, minimum effort sailing craft. My question is; was there a C4?

. David's Barker's design is without doubt - still contemporary & a 'work-of'art' for sure. Sometimes I wish he wasn't such a good artist & had stayed with designing multihulls.

Hey Bill, get your drift :-) Silver Raven, DB was on to it all right. The line drawings for Sundancer in Gary Baigents book show a boat akin to a Schionning Line Honours or similar but drawn in the late 1960s. Barker was certainly a visionary multi designer/builder. Sundreamer is not comparable to used racing boats - she is (following the demise of near relation predecessor Stratosphere) a unique attempt to crate a large, fast, minimum effort sailing craft. My question is; was there a C4?

Sundreamer was the last built by David but the molds did end up with another boat build from them. it was build with Polly resin with choppy so it ended up very heavy. I am not sure where that is now. Stratosphere ended up a wreck on the Christmas Islands, still in one piece it just has a couple wholes and has been stripped of all gear.

Gooday 'jamez' & 'Matty' - james here - in Far North Queensland. Where are you blokes?? Northland ? - anywhere near David ? Haven't got $2m to get 'Stratosphere' back up & running & it would take all of that & many more years than I've got to waste. Equally I don't have the $400K NZD to give to Phil - or he'd have it already. DArn !!! Leroy wont sell 'Sundancer' & it's way past being able to recover.

Matty - I didn't know about the CSM/polyester 2nd one out of the 'dreamer' moulds. I do know that a new state of the art 'Sundreamer' would cost the national debt which I don't have.

Now jamez to your question - answer is - there has never been a C-4 - but the answer is - do not hold your breath but it is a possibility - that much I do know. Ciao, james

Mooloolaba Fire Truck

Was on this boat before they kicked them out .of marina way under sail still did 24kts and loved it

Mooloolaba Fire Truck

Was on this boat before they kicked them out .of marina way under sail still did 24kts and loved it

They did something about 32knts top when it was in Mooloolaba as far as I was told.

Ahhh that fantastic designed 40 Crowther tri - Bullfrog etc is really my all time favorite boat.

heres a movie http://currentsunshi...rbatim480-1.mov

Wow, did that bring back some memories! Meeting Cath and Ian in Plymouth (we were all so skint our last meal before the Round Britain was a salad and 4 forks). Both of us capsizing in the race. Then crewing on Bullfrog in Sydney Hobart faster than an 80' maxi, Hamilton Island, Bris Gladstone and harbour racing against John West, the Nacra 36 and Riverside Oaks, . Pretty sure I am the poor wet bastard hanging on to the shroud at the end of the video.

Cath and Ian are indeed legends. Probably did more to get multis recognised in Aus than any other sailors.

Thanks Seagul.

rob

At the site‚ http://currentsunshine.com/ there nothing after feb 2011 - anyone knows what happend next to this boat - or where it is now?

post-33189-071193600 1320966353_thumb.jpgTalking of dissapearing boats.Where has Spirit gone?

The original owner, Peter Clarringbold moved to Seatle and shipped Spirit of Emu over there too and it has since sold to a local from the USA.

Mooloolaba Fire Truck

50' long x 45' wide. This lex nicol design had one off the best ever main hull shapes i've seen perform and hardly any drag or ripple of a wake from the main hull BUT the float and beam to float design was C#*&p. That's why it was call Firetruck because of the huge amount of water that was blown and smashed into the air. With every wave you could really feel the boat being smashed and slowed. What's it worth now - $10,000 if your lucky

Ill buy it

Mooloolaba Fire Truck

50' long x 45' wide. This lex nicol design had one off the best ever main hull shapes i've seen perform and hardly any drag or ripple of a wake from the main hull BUT the float and beam to float design was C#*&p. That's why it was call Firetruck because of the huge amount of water that was blown and smashed into the air. With every wave you could really feel the boat being smashed and slowed. What's it worth now - $10,000 if your lucky

Last i heard a guy was restoring/rebuilding "Bagatelle" in Cairns.

Has anyone heard about it ??

Windswept 2 was out on Pittwater on Sunday.

Mast is missing and is on order. Boom is still there.

Looked fast just motoring around.

Last i heard a guy was restoring/rebuilding "Bagatelle" in Cairns.

Has anyone heard about it ??

Lindsay Cumming did a talk at our recent meeting both he and Val are retired from sailing now and have sold their Grainger Azure that they bought to replace "Bags". They have not been invited out for a test sail on Bagatelle so it seems that restoration has stalled. It seems strange as the photos of Bagatelle after the accident showed that the restoration was proceeding quickly and it looked like much of the hull damage had allready been repaired. The final incarnation of Bagatelle had a really good looking new bridgedeck done by Shawn Arbor. The old arguement between Alex and Lindsay over who's boat was faster is still going on so some things never change.

Bags was one of the main reasons I turned to the dark side a very long time ago.......Lindsay was and still is a great embassador for all things multi......a.legend that would be a hall of fame'r if there was one.

Ahhh that fantastic designed 40 Crowther tri - Bullfrog etc is really my all time favorite boat.

Wow, did that bring back some memories! Meeting Cath and Ian in Plymouth (we were all so skint our last meal before the Round Britain was a salad and 4 forks). Both of us capsizing in the race. Then crewing on Bullfrog in Sydney Hobart faster than an 80' maxi, Hamilton Island, Bris Gladstone and harbour racing against John West, the Nacra 36 and Riverside Oaks, . Pretty sure I am the poor wet bastard hanging on to the shroud at the end of the video.

Cath and Ian are indeed legends. Probably did more to get multis recognised in Aus than any other sailors.

Thanks Seagul.

rob

At the site‚ http://currentsunshine.com/ there nothing after feb 2011 - anyone knows what happend next to this boat - or where it is now?

Yep its moored about 100 meters North of my boat in Pittwater between the Southern end of RPAYC marina and Rowell Marina in Newport. still looks bloody good too.

This boat is now for sale at pittwater

Thanks Seagul.

rob

Yep its moored about 100 meters North of my boat in Pittwater between the Southern end of RPAYC marina and Rowell Marina in Newport. still looks bloody good too.

While we're talking of older racing cats, Lock Crowther's 50ft cat Top Gun was, and still is, amazing. Now sailing as EDoc (Facebook link here) and truly belies her 24+ year age.

My father was the prior owner for 20 years under the name Atmosphere - Truly one of a kind, there's a reason he kept it so long. Sadly no real sistership was ever built (except for a near identical 40-45ft, can't remember the name, and the heavier 53ft cruiser-racer Room with a View). Bret Crowther's racing designs (Raw Nerve now Windswept 2, etc) in comparison experienced many mishaps and were probably flawed from the start...

Larger 60ft trimarans are an entirely different animal. Yes, some are available for cheap in Germany/Sweden as per prior post, but at 50+ft wide, they imply a very different sailing program, if only because of berthing/mooring/lifting challenges.

The answer to the Jutson question is that she is alive and well setting new records in the Pacific Northwest. Formally called "Simply the Best"while in Austarlia she was sold for the filming of a cigarette commercial and shipped to Thailand where she had an amazing paint job featuring hand painted "Dragons" placed on her hulls.

She was then sold and shipped to Seattle to Patrick McGarry who along with his wife named the boat "Dragonfly". He and a crew of multihull enthusiasts raced her in the Puget Sound and up into Canada competing in Swiftsure ( new records time and time again) the Van Isle 360 and Cowichan Bay Reggatta. The boat was sold to Florida for a short period but was barley used. Dragonfly was sold to myself, Richard Ackrill, one of the crew while in Seattle and together with the same original crew and helmsman Pat McGarry we have managed to continue the "Go Fast Finish First" tradition. See the videos and bio etc. on the Van Isle 360 website. Thanks for asking.

Does anyone know what has become of the the old Nacra 36 or the Jutson formula 40, are they still out there racing or have they been converted to winnebago's.

The info on the Jutson 40 is in the Prosail 40 thread Just asked the same question.

The 36 Nacra is that Malice ?

Malice has a set of brand new carbon hulls under the old rig.The old hulls are somewhere in Port Douglas.Make Mal an offer.The Hammo boat is from the same mould as Malice but built to survey and is very heavy and quite slow.

My first time on the site. My answer is on page 2 #157. See Dragonfly racing Dolphins on U Tube.

Does anyone know what has become of the the old Nacra 36 or the Jutson formula 40, are they still out there racing or have they been converted to winnebago's.

See #157 page 2

Not sure if this qualifies ..as it is only 6 years old ..and a Cruising Cat ..but Aus designed and built... P'zazz a Shaun Arber 14m SE..we recently did the Coastal Classic in NZ with her and won on handicap doing the 120 miles in 10 hr 20 including a 20 mile beat in fading winds... topping out out around 25 knots ... a vid is on here http://crew.org.nz/f...php?f=9&t=20836 but not much of the boat as camera wasnt waterproof and a bit of spray flying around ...

Not sure if this qualifies ..as it is only 6 years old ..and a Cruising Cat ..but Aus designed and built... P'zazz a Shaun Arber 14m SE..we recently did the Coastal Classic in NZ with her and won on handicap doing the 120 miles in 10 hr 20 including a 20 mile beat in fading winds... topping out out around 25 knots ... a vid is on here http://crew.org.nz/f...php?f=9&t=20836 but not much of the boat as camera wasnt waterproof and a bit of spray flying around ...

The Boss & Windcheater were pretty good boats in their day and didnt mind a bit of weather.

The Boss & Windcheater were pretty good boats in their day and didnt mind a bit of weather.

They were Arber designs..? He did the Spirit of Darwin which I believe was leading the first Round Australia Race until it got dismasted in the Bass Strait....also looked at NFA (No Fixed Adress) before I ended up buying P'zazz -which is his biggest design to date (i believe)

looks like someone got good deal then

when was it sold?

for how much?

Sorry, I dont know- it just says sold on the listing now.

This one http://yachthub.com/list/yachts-for-sale/used/sail-catamarans/schionning-cosmos-1100-sail-cat/106275 seems like a good buy for the price too; a lot of boat for under $200k!

A strip plank version I see; I wonder how she rates compared to sister ships..?

What happened to Crowther Windspeed 32 'light blue touch paper and stand clear' she was the apple of my eye when I was a Navy Cadet sailing past her at QCYC. Heard she went north?

Mooloolaba Fire Truck tri still at anchor in the bay off scarborough, doesnt seem to go out much. Could get recent pics if anyone wants.

They are all still out there, some loved, some waiting for new love. Heading back from a few nice days at Peel Island today we crossed paths with a beautiful tri that I have only heard about before. La Dane, a Mashford 38 was surfing along with a conservative looking rig, did she lose one in the past? Gorgeous cabin/window layout for a biggish tri, quite humbling although wife and I were doing 9 knots dead upwind with cruising rags, tender, extra motor, and a full portapotti.

They are all still out there, some loved, some waiting for new love. Heading back from a few nice days at Peel Island today we crossed paths with a beautiful tri that I have only heard about before. La Dane, a Mashford 38 was surfing along with a conservative looking rig, did she lose one in the past? Gorgeous cabin/window layout for a biggish tri, quite humbling although wife and I were doing 9 knots dead upwind with cruising rags, tender, extra motor, and a full portapotti.

Dear Pete,

there is no need to let us know you are full of shit.

Love Chippy.

Looking for partner/partners for "Nice Pair" 38'x24' Crowther Super Shockwave. I have powder coated the beams, brand new tramps,new $8k screecher (never flown) 55' Marstrom carbon mast, lot's of gear etc. She has won most of the races in the great lakes. I would sell her outright but would prefer to be part of her heritage. I can trailer her anywhere on a loaner trailer and she currently is in Reno NV. There are 4 video's on youtube. ad in classifieds. Stephen

She's a beauty and I think has a new main and jib last year. Vancouver is a long way to ship her. Wonder why she's back on the market. Business must be a little slow.

The info on the Jutson 40 is in the Prosail 40 thread Just asked the same question.

Malice has a set of brand new carbon hulls under the old rig.The old hulls are somewhere in Port Douglas.Make Mal an offer.The Hammo boat is from the same mould as Malice but built to survey and is very heavy and quite slow.

New rig is on the way so if you make an offer you might as well make a offer for the whole lot. I am sure Mal will be happy to have a second 36 to play against.

Here is a pic from the Nats

New rig is on the way so if you make an offer you might as well make a offer for the whole lot. I am sure Mal will be happy to have a second 36 to play against.

Here is a pic from the Nats

post-43968-0-10084900-1358755177_thumb.jpg

What happened to Crowther Windspeed 32 'light blue touch paper and stand clear' she was the apple of my eye when I was a Navy Cadet sailing past her at QCYC. Heard she went north?

South - sold to some folk from Sydney recently - about a year ago, they were parked near me at Manly (bris) for a few weeks after they bought Touch Paper

La Dane lives at RQYS, and she is certainly a favourite of mine as well. I have the owners details if you want to give me a call Pete

South - sold to some folk from Sydney recently - about a year ago, they were parked near me at Manly (bris) for a few weeks after they bought Touch Paper

Thanks for that!

Kind-of because when originally listed I didn't want to sell her and priced her accordingly. Sadly however the time has come to pass her on. 3 sails a year is hardly doing me or her justice. Realistic about the market and will listen to all non-insulting offers.

does anyone know the ciggerette company that used Simply the Best (now dragonfly) and running with scissors in that advert. Would love to see the ad

come on aussies

whats the collective knowledge on this thing currently on 'gumtree' for sale

whaddya know ?

fugly as buggery i know

5848iek_20.jpeg

Old "D" class modified, by repute. Can't recall the designer, or even if it was known, but there's a slim chance it could have been Nicol. Lived at the south end of Lake Mac ashore until bought by a mate from there, who sailed it for a bit and flicked it when he had medical issues and then got married. None of my old mags mention anything like it about the time it was probably built so its origins seem to be a mystery.