Rawhide

Older fast Aus multies

On 4/17/2018 at 12:26 PM, plywoodboy said:

This beautiful "Truck" was gliding around Bramble Bay yesterday, we had a bit of a chat with the owner of 12 years who has had issues recovering from injury for a while, but is absolutely loving getting her out sailing. The short rig with a decent roach seems to suit the relatively small float size. Funny thing is that the floats look pretty big up close from my F28.

Main hull has had flared sections added tastefully, and the cabin top looks pretty good in an IMOCA/Euro way.

Peter H

Just curious, how'd the old girl go compared to the F-boat? Probably not in her element in those conditions. Cheers.

On 4/28/2018 at 9:17 PM, ALL@SEA said:

Just curious, how'd the old girl go compared to the F-boat? Probably not in her element in those conditions. Cheers.

We were 2 up and the 28R loves light stuff so we slowed down a little to stay abreast, but a bit of chop would be different I think.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2018 at 11:32 AM, PIL007 said:

Does anyone know anyone that can put me in touch with the owner of Flat Chat...... rumor has it now at south island NZ...?

I like what you're thinking, you going to sail it across the ditch like those guys did !?!? Or just ship it :) 

Taeping was a bargain, extended w/racks. 

11 hours ago, SCANAS said:

I like what you're thinking, you going to sail it across the ditch like those guys did !?!? Or just ship it :) 

Taeping was a bargain, extended w/racks. 

I'm trying not to think about any transport until I get close to a deal... Ideally buying here locally would be good but we will see what pops up...

5 hours ago, PIL007 said:

I'm trying not to think about any transport until I get close to a deal... Ideally buying here locally would be good but we will see what pops up...

Flat Chat would have to be pretty cheap looks pretty flogged out in those charter videos. 

There was a formula 40 cat for sale recently, I think it's Rushour's. 

3 hours ago, SCANAS said:

Flat Chat would have to be pretty cheap looks pretty flogged out in those charter videos. 

There was a formula 40 cat for sale recently, I think it's Rushour's. 

Paging Rushour...........  I'd be interested to see that.

1 hour ago, PIL007 said:

Paging Rushour...........  I'd be interested to see that.

It was packed in a container & on gumtree I think. From memory it had a broken mast. 

Yep sold it to a guy in Hervey Bay, cheap too!!!

PM me for his contact details and he might sell it, I think he was going to cruise it, but one sail may put an end to that.

Mast is broken but that is a surprisingly easy fix, I have done 2 now with no problems. The last one I tested by resting a 7 ton boat on it for a few hours!!!!

The boat is the old TUKI

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mid said:

image.png.7ee6ef36b67e2f4d41719a67c0bf91f7.png

I think I remember a write up in multihull world that was about some guys bringing room with a view back from Asia to Australia. Monster of a boat in the flesh. 

1 hour ago, Indian Chief said:

Been somewhat modified since her best days. Now lives around Airlie Beach. 

She was never as pretty as Top Gun, but those mods are awful... Turner wasback on the right path with Warrior Princess. 

5 hours ago, PIL007 said:

What's with the 3 motors hanging off the ass...?

It's so you can do sick burnouts down on the main drag at Brighton Le Sands....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PIL007 said:

What's with the 3 motors hanging off the ass...?

Big EV project with auxiliary auxiliary needed.

On 5/1/2018 at 7:44 AM, PIL007 said:

It doesn't look as though she was ever as optimised as some of the previously mentioned Graingers, but she's not in NZ... https://yachthub.com/list/yachts-for-sale/used/sail-catamarans/grainger-38-panther/212056 

1_4.jpg

Look what just popped up, seen by an Airlie Beach local whilst travelling in Fiji. She was shipped from NZ to Fiji and now working as a day charter boat out of Vunda Point. 

IMG_2985.JPG

• Like 2

On 5/14/2018 at 9:52 AM, Indian Chief said:

Look what just popped up, seen by an Airlie Beach local whilst travelling in Fiji. She was shipped from NZ to Fiji and now working as a day charter boat out of Vunda Point. 

IMG_2985.JPG

Bugger.... would look better on my mooring

• Like 1

It's official

The older fast multi in Aust. called Cynophobe / Panther Grainger has a new home on my mooring in Gunnamatta Bay Cronulla..

I'll have a go and make some basic changes to make it mine. 

It's been a long drawn out Stressful search and I've called on just about everyone in the game from OZ to NZOz and NZ for advice and research.

Thanks to all...

BTW....Special thanks to Browny at  Nautilus Marine insurance for coming through with the goods after Pantaenius Boat Insurance fucked me at the post. They agreed to insure me as they were the previous owners insurance and gave me the price. I rang them when the boat money was paid 2 days later to be told they "Weren't Insuring this type of vessel any more"  Poor form 

I'd post pics but they are to big for SA and I'm no computer wiz so........

On 5/8/2018 at 10:11 PM, ALL@SEA said:

It doesn't look as though she was ever as optimised as some of the previously mentioned Graingers, but she's not in NZ... https://yachthub.com/list/yachts-for-sale/used/sail-catamarans/grainger-38-panther/212056 

1_4.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, PIL66 said:

It's official

The older fast multi in Aust. called Cynophobe / Panther Grainger has a new home on my mooring in Gunnamatta Bay Cronulla..

I'll have a go and make some basic changes to make it mine. 

It's been a long drawn out Stressful search and I've called on just about everyone in the game from OZ to NZOz and NZ for advice and research.

Thanks to all...

BTW....Special thanks to Browny at  Nautilus Marine insurance for coming through with the goods after Pantaenius Boat Insurance fucked me at the post. They agreed to insure me as they were the previous owners insurance and gave me the price. I rang them when the boat money was paid 2 days later to be told they "Weren't Insuring this type of vessel any more"  Poor form 

I'd post pics but they are to big for SA and I'm no computer wiz so........

Have you got a license for that weapon sir?

Congrats!

• Like 1

On 6/10/2018 at 4:14 AM, Bill Gibbs said:

Congratulations!

Can you believe the broker never called me back on Afterburner...? I tried twice but nothing...Probably just as well

9 hours ago, socalrider said:

So it’s a NZ build not AU, but anyone know about the Tennant designed trimaran “Wild Thing” in the classifieds?

http://sailinganarchy.com/classifieds/show-ad/?id=3716

looks beautiful and light - how would it compare to a more modern Corsair/Farrier?

Link here to the history

https://www.boatdesign.net/threads/historical-multihulls.42019/page-32 

I looked into the one for sale in Cairns Australia which now appears to be sold (listed for $55,000) It had some extensions to straighten up the bows. 

I also sailed on "Taranui" in Auckland back in the 90's .....Very fast in it's day but with the alloy beams it was super bendy .   

Picks for your enjoyment

Wild Thing.jpg

Wild Thing 2.jpg

Wildthing had the aso boards turned into symmetrical boards a while ago to make it easier to sail. It has just been sold to a Russian who intends to use it as a live aboard cruiser. This guy will makes the news for all the wrong reasons  

• Like 1