• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ethan K

Unkown Boat

I was driving thought a different part of town and saw this boat. Does anyone know what it is? Sailboats tend to be rare here in New Mexico.

Ethan

post-56487-099291200 1320944912_thumb.jpg

Really ? Help ID'ing the ubiquitous J/24, the most-produced racing keel boat of all time ? Even in NM that's like not recognizing a Ford Mustang.

Christ, after the Zombie acopalypse the only things lift will be crabgrass, cockroaches and J/24s.

Really ? Help ID'ing the ubiquitous J/24, the most-produced racing keel boat of all time ? Even in NM that's like not recognizing a Ford Mustang.

Christ, after the Zombie acopalypse the only things lift will be crabgrass, cockroaches and J/24s.

and keith richards

Really ? Help ID'ing the ubiquitous J/24, the most-overt-produced racing keel boat of all time ? Even in NM that's like not recognizing a Ford Mustang.

Fixte :)

This place has totally gone to hell.

A noob shows up, asks what a freakin' J24 is, and not one 'Fuck Off' or 'we'll tell you for tits'.

My cat died about 6 months ago and I'm still sad, can someone hold my hand?

Sheesh

A noob shows up, asks what a freakin' J24 is, and not one 'Fuck Off' or 'we'll tell you for tits'.

Sheesh

deer shesh,

Sorry you loste youre pussy.

snags :)

Sheesh

deer shesh,

Sorry you loste youre pussy.

snags :)

That's some gold, right there.

Is that the J/24 no. 2845 (598 on one mainsail), "Red Shift" at New Mexico Tech in Socorro? (tan topsides until Aug. '08, then orange/red, then the red and blue "shift" topsides as shown in the earlier link) One of the deans owned it, let some of the Tech kids have it for sailing, but then they ran off and got into Ballroom Dancing and got married and started having kids and stuff. New Mexico has about 15 or more J/24s, but only about three of them have been on the water in the past year.

and keith richards

and Abe Vigoda.

(sorry Bob)

Paint job theoretically represents Doppler shift.

That paint job is seriously weird looking....

I disagree.....when up on a plane it looks awesome.

this one is hull #87,541, and the little history I know was that it wasn't much used, as the owner realised (after purchase) that New Mexico wasn't blessed with too much of a coast line.

this one is hull #87,541, and the little history I know was that it wasn't much used, as the owner realised (after purchase) that New Mexico wasn't blessed with too much of a coast line.

Safest place for a J24: well inland.

Safest place for a J24: well inland.

:lol: