Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cynophobe

The new Reid ?

The Vision:

"The world does not revolve faster, just because we live in a fast living society.

We have forgotten how to deal with the elements!

GLOBAL SAILING The project will lead us back to basics. "

Wolfgang Michael Arthur GUELFENBURG

With the 82 foot (25 meter) catamaran "ENERGON" will begin in September 2012 the 1234 days long journey across the oceans.

The Austrian skipper Wolfgang Michael Arthur Guelfenburg will establish a new world record in the long-time sailing. The previous world record, held by the Americans set up Reid Stowe, 2008-2010, 1152 days at sea, will be history in 2016.

The extraordinary thing Guelfenburg's adventure will be the participation of scientists. Scientific studies of the sea, environmental pressures and flow tests are only a small part of the research program. Guelfenburg himself will deliver as a research subject during the three and a half years at sea, certainly interesting values. The scientists from various academic institutions from Europe, Asia and America are placed on ships turnusses with transfer to the respective location of the research catamaran.

Particular attention is paid to the sufficiency of the skipper. A special "small plantation" powered glider with a continuous fresh vegetables and vitamins and mineral content sprouts. Foods are tested for long-term durability, ready Bakery mixes always ensure fresh bread and pastries. Guelfenburg is also dedicated to the production of cheese from dried milk powder. Many more experiments and tests will follow!

Has he lined up a sperm donation recipient yet?

..the scribble across the picture on the site says''magik ship work'' :blink:

..at least the hulls have some rocker

hi sailors, first, i am not the new reid. i am only sailing around the globe an try to stay 1234 days offshore. may be i'm sailing 2 or 3 or 4 times around. the pic with the preliminary route has to be changed. the new pic is coming soon. my intention is, to stay offshore as long as possible and to survive as long as possible. before i did adventures in hot air ballooning, ice-climbing, motorsports and skiing.

so i think, that's enough for the first time!

greets

Wolfgang M.A. Guelfenburg

hi sailors, first, i am not the new reid. i am only sailing around the globe an try to stay 1234 days offshore. may be i'm sailing 2 or 3 or 4 times around. the pic with the preliminary route has to be changed. the new pic is coming soon. my intention is, to stay offshore as long as possible and to survive as long as possible. before i did adventures in hot air ballooning, ice-climbing, motorsports and skiing.

greets

Okay...A few questions

1) Will you grow sprouts?

2) Will you bring a woman to impregnate?

3) Have you ever sailed before for longer than 10 days?

4) Do you have contact with a government cheese supplier?

5) Does your vessel have a bowsprit? If so, can you crash into a freighter within the first month and continue without it for 40 more months?

6) Are you aware of the significance of this

and can you provide us with a sample of your own work?

greets

greetings wolfgang,welcome to SA,,,,please pardon some of the sceptics here,,if you stay and share your adventure with us,I'm sure you'll get used to them!

....I didn't fully look at your website,,but quickly noticed that there's some nice 'shape' to your hulls,,,if similar good thought has gone into the boat's structure as the hullshape,I imagine you'll circumnavigate the globe a -few- times,,and give us all a great deal to CHEER about,,,VERY different than that other clown

...it would be GREAT if you keep us updated in your adventure!!!

...are you doing this alone,,,or will you take some passengers ;)

greets

Yeah. Good on ya, German dude. I appreciate your goal. What's in it for humanity?

IT CAN'T BE HIM. NO. IT'D BE LIKE REID POSTED HERE!

At least his boat looks kinda half seaworthy?

Welcome, Wolfgang. Scientific shit? Really?

"1234" is a great concept, BTW.

Good luck, and keep in touch.

EDIT - Hey Mike. Love to the girls.

,,so your boats already built??..what are you doing to -practice- for this???

Good you'll be well offshore with your choice of music!! :P

play some Nina Hagen on your site,,rename the boat 'NUNSEXMONKROCK',,and I'll buy a souvenir umbrella for $1000,really!

The boat looks very well suited for the task, give the guy a break. Comparing this venture to Reid is fun for now, but get it out of your systems and lets see what will come of the 1234 effort.

The boat looks very well suited for the task, give the guy a break. Comparing this venture to Reid is fun for now, but get it out of your systems and lets see what will come of the 1234 effort.

Actually, I do agree with that, but, if I may... one more comment about the boat being orange... should make it easier for freighters to avoid getting in his way...

:P

Wow. Someone new to mock.

What a Christmas gift to SA.

Wow. Someone new to mock.

What a Christmas gift to SA.

+++++++++

greets

Okay...A few questions

1) Will you grow sprouts? Yes I do! But not for Yoga.

2) Will you bring a woman to impregnate? The most I can!

3) Have you ever sailed before for longer than 10 days? 2 times around Australia 2003-2004 with visit to Komodo and Hobart, changed crews but did not leave the swan 64. 248 days.

4) Do you have contact with a government cheese supplier? I am a Cheese supplier!

5) Does your vessel have a bowsprit? If so, can you crash into a freighter within the first month and continue without it for 40 more months? Good idea! I think about. May be we construct a hydraulic bowsprit to kiss freighters! I can not guarantee, that we kiss a freighter in the first month, let's see!

and can you provide us with a sample of your own work? Coming soon!

I hope you're not angry when there will be 1235 days!

..at least the hulls have some rocker

The cat was built in 2004-2005, Etoile Magique named. Magic Star in E. The designer is Plessis in France. Built by Bob Escoffier at Saint Malo Britanny.

..at least the hulls have some rocker The cat was built in 2004-2005, Etoile Magique named. Magic Star in E. The designer is Plessis in France. Built by Bob Escoffier at Saint Malo Britanny.

greets

Okay...A few questions

3) Have you ever sailed before for longer than 10 days? 2 times around Australia 2003-2004 with visit to Komodo and Hobart, changed crews but did not leave the swan 64. 248 days.

4) Do you have contact with a government cheese supplier? I am a Cheese supplier!

5) Does your vessel have a bowsprit? If so, can you crash into a freighter within the first month and continue without it for 40 more months? Good idea! I think about. May be we construct a hydraulic bowsprit to kiss freighters! I can not guarantee, that we kiss a freighter in the first month, let's see!

:)

You are different than most of our play pals!

What rates it how?

To some us show tits, newbie!

FTW...

IT CAN'T BE HIM. NO. IT'D BE LIKE REID POSTED HERE!

At least his boat looks kinda half seaworthy?

I like your blog. Yes the cat is half and half seaworty, 6 times altlantic crossing since 2005.

at least he is planning on going around the world.

yes i do sail around the globe, do you sail up to the everest? i step the everest!

greets

Okay...A few questions

:)

You are different than most of our play pals!

I'm a kindergarten teacher!

Actually, I do agree with that, but, if I may... one more comment about the boat being orange... should make it easier for freighters to avoid getting in his way...

Exactly so! If I keep my afternoon nap.

:P

greets

greetings wolfgang,welcome to SA,,,,please pardon some of the sceptics here,,if you stay and share your adventure with us,I'm sure you'll get used to them!

....I didn't fully look at your website,,but quickly noticed that there's some nice 'shape' to your hulls,,,if similar good thought has gone into the boat's structure as the hullshape,I imagine you'll circumnavigate the globe a -few- times,,and give us all a great deal to CHEER about,,,VERY different than that other clown

...it would be GREAT if you keep us updated in your adventure!!!

I take scientists and Passengers, coming with shuttleboats to the cat.

...good stuff,,GLOBAL

a bit of feedback I'd give is in relation to the -cover- picture you have on your website...

...it shows a 'build-in -progress picture of your boat,,even though it's been built and sailing for a # of years......it leaves the impression that you're just getting going with your dream,,,rather than well grounded,,and well progressed as seems the case!

...I'm looking forward to following your adventure

...I'm glad part of your build-up was as a kindergarten teacher,,it's already done you well!!!

Reid has made ​​fun of. He has created a new discipline in the sport of sailing. It will start more endurance sailors! In Italy and France are preparing sailors already!

...you'll have to be careful they are not assisting or bringing food?? :huh:

...good stuff,,GLOBAL

a bit of feedback I'd give is in relation to the -cover- picture you have on your website...

...it shows a 'build-in -progress picture of your boat,,even though it's been built and sailing for a # of years......it leaves the impression that you're just getting going with your dream,,,rather than well grounded,,and well progressed as seems the case!

...I'm looking forward to following your adventure

...I'm glad part of your build-up was as a kindergarten teacher,,it's already done you well!!!

I tried the pic on cover for the non-sailing people, so they can see the dimension.

Holy shit. It really is orange, isn't it? Must be faaaaasssst.

Bob Escoffier sailed it with 24 knots, i try to reach 6 kn ...

Welcome, Wolfgang. Scientific shit? Really?

Yes they come on bord to control my brain!

"1234" is a great concept, BTW.

Good luck, and keep in touch.

EDIT - Hey Mike. Love to the girls.

Damn. I got here late. Looks like I should send out for beer and popcorn. This one looks to have some endurance.

Read his shore team will arrange the transfer of paying guests to sail with him.

So what an odd record will this be??

The rules say, no land contact of the skipper, no mooring, no anchoring. Paying guests ...exeptional idea, thank you!

Read his shore team will arrange the transfer of paying guests to sail with him.

The rules say, no land contact of the skipper, no mooring, no anchoring. Paying guests ...exeptional idea, thank you!

......guests can bring food???? :blink:

...doesn't that defeat the purpose??

...you'll have to be careful they are not assisting or bringing food?? :huh:

They bring their own feed. Mine is sealed and separate and in a store. These may not even navigate! It is controlled by an Observer. I give them water, salt and sugar.

Damn. I got here late. Looks like I should send out for beer and popcorn. This one looks to have some endurance.

Iam the 1234 days endurance!

this is kind of like talking directly to God or Santa.

When youve finished with the sockpuppet, Id like a set of wood working chisels for christmas.

And dont forget to keep the palm tree out of the background when you send the worm shirt picture ok ?

Looking forward to the metocean plots, and the photos. Oh and heres a chance to prove who you say you are.

Fly a sailing anarchy flag off your backstay.

GL

......guests can bring food???? :blink:

...doesn't that defeat the purpose??

They bring their own feed. Mine is sealed and separate and in a store. These may not even navigate! It is controlled by an Observer. I give them water, salt and sugar.

this is kind of like talking directly to God or Santa.

When youve finished with the sockpuppet, Id like a set of wood working chisels for christmas.

And dont forget to keep the palm tree out of the background when you send the worm shirt picture ok ?

Looking forward to the metocean plots, and the photos. Oh and heres a chance to prove who you say you are.

Fly a sailing anarchy flag off your backstay.

GL

you can follow the track on yellowbrick.

send me a flag to:

GLOBALSAILING Mission-Control

Hauserstresse 6

4724 Neukirchen / W

Austria

Pardon me sir, but the rules say show us some tits. Wife/gf/boat wench accepted.

(BTW folks, I think that YC(an)MTSU. Hook's in your mouths...spit it out) :P

No more questions? i'm going to have a nap in my ORANGE bed!

Why has no one told you to fuck off?

Why have you ignored the requests for tits?

I can think of some more, but those are good for a start.

Tom is correct. Once you have satisfied those requests, you will become an official Anarchist...

Tom is correct. Once you have satisfied those requests, you will become an official Anarchist...

shhh,,he's napping!!! :)

.... on titty pillows...

greets

Greetings, Wolfgang. Good luck with the project and the trip.

.... on titty pillows...

These titty pillows??? They grow em big over there.... Damn! Reid has got nothing on this guy....

post-34100-002760200 1322470462_thumb.jpg

Are you a grifter?

If not, do you give permission for the editor of this site to call you a grifter?

greets

You need to sort your site out.

It is awful.

Welcome to the snake pit Wolfgan,best of luck and I'm sure you will provide us all with many hours of entertainment in the comming years.

He is a kindergarten teacher folks!

He is well versed in dealing with the Anarchists that circle the drain about this place.

Good luck on your mission Wolfgang! I look forward to your frequent posts here at SA.

If you are unable to post while at sea, can you appoint some "slightly salty" member of your shore team to contribute regularly as your advocate?

Popcorn, check. Beer, check. Pornography for when it goes quiet, check.

This is gonna be an endurance test for our piss taking skills men, and I expect casualties!

.......This is gonna be an endurance test for our piss taking skills men, and I expect casualties!

awww,,C'mon,,,,this guy's been doing a # of interesting adventures in the past,

,,seems at least reasonably organized and financed,

,,and is willing to put up with -some- of SA's crap.

.........what's the point in badgering him,,driving him away? <_<

,,,wouldn't an interaction be more interesting?? :)

.......This is gonna be an endurance test for our piss taking skills men, and I expect casualties!

Hey, I welcomed him nicely. He just hasn't been back yet. ;)

Hey, I welcomed him nicely. He just hasn't been back yet. ;)

...maybe it's time for a new SA tradition.......

...let's group-hug,,,,and PROMISE* to get along :)

post-3217-011841700 1322525051_thumb.jpg

as if that'd ever happen :lol:

Some help for the fat-asses settling in for this thread (yo, Jabba!):

Hi Guys, hi Kindergarden!

So much nice posts. I'm touched, really!

Thank's for your silent postings while my nap.

And yes, my site is awful, so everybody talks about.

I'm not a grifter, I'm a shyster!

Hi Guys, hi Kindergarden!

So much nice posts. I'm touched, really!

Thank's for your silent postings while my nap.

And yes, my site is awful, so everybody talks about.

I'm not a grifter, I'm a shyster!

...seems like you gained some thick skin in that K'garten

.....not t'mention a good sense of humor :D

So uh, there Mr. Global Sailor, what purpose does sailing about for 1234 days serve? Until Reid went floating around aimlessly, the true purpose of sailing was reaching a destination... At least it sounds like you will have hookers delivered...:lol:

There may be something to do with collecting data useful for future Mars missions. Growing sprouts, being self-sustained, this sort of thing.

Cheese was already tried: no further research is required there.

It all has to do with, according to at least no witnesses, sharing the same alien encounter, thus making them actually somewhat related.

In further breaking news, Reid will be researching long-term effect of crackers as a staple food.

Unfortunately there is no cheese left to go with the crackers, though. Perhaps next voyage.

Oh Wolfgang, I mean Wofsey - Hi Mike - where are you? I might paypal you instead of Reid if you can tell me why sailing about for 1234 days achieves anything...

Quote from your website: "The skipper stands for long term medical studies, if the interfere with his work on board not enormous." I suspect your liver will give out first. Pack a lot of booze. You'll need it... "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it runk." -Sir Francis Chichester while loading his boat with gin. ...

Come back Wolfgang - you have been doing lots since last year but not keeping SA informed?

Notice now you are offering 1,650 paid trips each at 1,234 euros. That's great, no grifting, panhandling or selling dubious art :)

398477_372082792807091_124272620921444_1688962_804197214_n.jpg

I couldn't either. Seems he is mainly keeping his facebook wall up to date. Latest blogs updates were end of Jan, but his FB is up to date most days. http://www.facebook.com/globalsailing

I think he actually has a funding model that will work for him and the project. Now if he can arrange for some real science to be done I'd be happy.

Then again, I probably wouldn't mind sailing non stop for 1234 days if I had a regular turnover of passengers to keep me warm at night amused / entertained.

I think he actually has a funding model that will work for him and the project. Now if he can arrange for some real science to be done I'd be happy.

His next scientific project is to find methods suitable for space voyagers of squaring the circle with nothing but a compass and straightedge.

He has a theory that if astronauts work at this while staring at his art on the walls of their spacecraft, this will help them psychologically. Funding is vital.