sarah0809

Artemis?

1 hour ago, dorox said:

Seems like Artemis is taking part in the work on the design rule. Did they officially announce the challenge?

Or is it a random person wearing an artemis hat?

(screenshot from the recent ETNZ video)

Untitled.png

Wow! That is extremely well-spotted.

Let's hope that is the case!

Random hat. Artemis aren't interested. They are working to help make the one design AC50 series a reality for next year. A number of key team members have signed up for other projects, most of which aren't America's Cup.

11 hours ago, Lakrass said:

Isn't it the boat used for testing sails by TNZ? Looks alike to me. That would be some coincidence to have someone wearing an Artemis hat nearby. Could they be that they discuss that openly with interested competitors?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12001609

image.thumb.png.a98340256687e6bb10339ca6dc02a1f3.png

Yes... its all the same boat/video/story/footage...

Amongst the crew participating in the testing was someone in an Artemis cap, which given the amount of swag doing the rounds at the last AC, and the turnover of staff from one syndicate to another is not surprising or indicative of anything really... hell they probably had the pick of 8 in the closet that morning and picked that one just for a laugh to see what would happen on SA :-)

5 hours ago, rh2600 said:

Yes... its all the same boat/video/story/footage...

Amongst the crew participating in the testing was someone in an Artemis cap, which given the amount of swag doing the rounds at the last AC, and the turnover of staff from one syndicate to another is not surprising or indicative of anything really... hell they probably had the pick of 8 in the closet that morning and picked that one just for a laugh to see what would happen on SA :-)

or maybe artemis are actually interested in the new boat??

jeez, i know you hated all the other teams last cycle but that doesn't mean that they hated the AC

2 hours ago, inebriated said:

or maybe artemis are actually interested in the new boat??

jeez, i know you hated all the other teams last cycle but that doesn't mean that they hated the AC

Keep up the consistency mate, in terms of being clueless and making false accusations about people on this board...

I have plenty of respect for Artemis - which you'd only know if you had been here during the AC... which is evidence to the fact that you aren't a long-time lurker - new poster, but you are just a noob plain and simple...

If you'd done any reading you'd also be well aware that Artemis have all but called themselves out of the next AC, even their fans can confirm that (and have done so again on their thread in the last couple of days). Go off and do some reading, hopefully it will distract you from the pointless 'fighting talk' you keep bringing to every thread.

It would be great to have Artemis in the next AC, but only clueless dunces like you get duped by a guy wearing a fucking cap in a video as some type of emphatic sign that they are indeed returning.

• Like 1

Just now, rh2600 said:

Keep up the consistency mate, in terms of being clueless and making false accusations about people on this board...

I have plenty of respect for Artemis - which you'd only know if you had been here during the AC... which is evidence to the fact that you aren't a long-time lurker - new poster, but you are just a noob plain and simple...

If you'd done any reading you'd also be well aware that Artemis have all but called themselves out of the next AC, even their fans can confirm that (and have done so again on their thread in the last couple of days). Go off and do some reading, hopefully it will distract you from the pointless 'fighting talk' you keep bringing to every thread.

It would be great to have Artemis in the next AC, but only clueless dunces like you get duped by a guy wearing a fucking cap in a video as some type of emphatic sign that they are indeed returning.

please enlighten me on where thay have said any of that

i am unaware of any, i  have only seen an interview of Ian Jensen saying that they are waiting for that class rule to be published

happy to be proven wrong

7 minutes ago, inebriated said:

please enlighten me on where thay have said any of that

i am unaware of any, i  have only seen an interview of Ian Jensen saying that they are waiting for that class rule to be published

happy to be proven wrong

Mate you're dreaming if you think I'm going to attempt to fill you in on your own ignorance...

the knowledge and truth is there for those that seek it ;-)

Just now, rh2600 said:

Mate you're dreaming if you think I'm going to attempt to fill you in on your own ignorance...

the knowledge and truth is there for those that seek it ;-)

hahaha righto

i thought so too

keep making empty claims

On 2/26/2018 at 9:13 AM, Team_GBR said:

Random hat. Artemis aren't interested. They are working to help make the one design AC50 series a reality for next year. A number of key team members have signed up for other projects, most of which aren't America's Cup.

Random shorts too I presume?

28-02-2018 4-07-31 PM.png

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Robsi524 said:

The plot may be thickening ;-) If I had to guess I'd say it was Adam May?

Here is when he met MyIslandHomeBDA

Artemis-Racing-recon-boat.jpg

http://artemis-racing.americascup.com/en/team/design_team.html

https://www.linkedin.com/in/adam-may-05448838/ - profile says still at Artemis

Is the guy to his right Simon Watin?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/simonwatin/ - also still at Artemis

• Like 1

Comment from Adam's blog

So to finish off with a general update, so I can dive into some more boat related stuff in future posts, I'm taking a nice break from the AC. There is always a natural break in between cycles, but having been non stop for the last 7 years in the AC bubble it is refreshing to take a step away. With a return to monohulls, there are others more qualified than me to be involved early so I'll watch and see how things develop.

I'm enjoying being home, and working on a number of design projects alongside a load of British Olympic squad member coaching.

Maybe he is just over for general interest (if it is even him?)

http://foilborne.blogspot.co.nz/

Almost certainly Adam May. He is likely who also attended the London meeting, we know AR did have a person there.

I don’t think the bearded guy was with AR as a sailor, designer or engineer but it was a big group so who knows.

There’s a reasonable chance TT can be talked into entering, he has not explicitly ruled it out yet.

On 27/02/2018 at 1:15 PM, rh2600 said:

@Stingray~, have you got any knowledge of artemis ruling themselves out?

asking you just because you have posted every link and article

14 minutes ago, inebriated said:

@Stingray~, have you got any knowledge of artemis ruling themselves out?

asking you just because you have posted every link and article

TE has suggested that sources have told him AR seems uninterested so far but THutch and others have said AR had representation at the LRBAR base meeting back in November that Dan Bernasconi held there; and it’s almost certainly May in that snapshot above.

Ashby’s other 2 crew members in the SuperFoiler series are both AR (Nathan O and Iain Jensen) and Iain said last week he still didn’t know one way or another about AC36.

It looks like a few people are at least looking into the possibility and will get a chance to talk TT into it once they know more.

Just now, Stingray~ said:

TE has suggested that sources have told him AR seems uninterested so far but THutch and others have said AR had representation at the LRBAR base meeting back in November that Dan Bernasconi held there; and it’s almost certainly May in that snapshot above.

Ashby’s other 2 crew members in the SuperFoiler series are both AR (Nathan O and Iain Jensen) and Iain said last week he still didn’t know one way or another about AC36.

It looks like a few people are at least looking into the possibility and will get a chance to talk TT into it once they know more.

ok, yeah

good to know that there is still a chance

also

who is this TE guy and what does he do??

i hear his initials around a lot

Just now, inebriated said:

ok, yeah

also

This article from October refers to a radio interview Nathan O did and includes quotes from him 

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/sport/2017/10/artemis-waiting-on-final-protocol-before-america-s-cup-decision-nathan-outteridge.html

TE is Tom Ehman who is running Sailing Illustrated now

https://www.sailingillustrated.com/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, inebriated said:

ok, yeah

also

Child, with the whole internet at your fingertips, could you not go troll on a subject you have taken the tiniest bit of interest in

• Like 3

16 hours ago, nav said:

Child, with the whole internet at your fingertips, could you not go troll on a subject you have taken the tiniest bit of interest in

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Don't understand why he changed his name. A4E can just as easily stand for "Australia 4 Ever"

33 minutes ago, jaysper said:

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Don't understand why he changed his name. A4E can just as easily stand for "Australia 4 Ever"

But could A4E have got dummer/more clueless? Coz this cunnie is next level... its almost sad surfsailor has wound up at his level...

hahaha

1 hour ago, rh2600 said:

But could A4E have got dummer/more clueless? Coz this cunnie is next level... its almost sad surfsailor has wound up at his level...

hahaha

Dunno, I don't think any different. Both as dumb as a sack of hammers.

As for sailor,  I feel a little sorry for him. Sclarke would drive me fucking crazy too if I actually gave two short fucks.

7 hours ago, jaysper said:

Dunno, I don't think any different. Both as dumb as a sack of hammers.

As for sailor,  I feel a little sorry for him. Sclarke would drive me fucking crazy too if I actually gave two short fucks.

Any sympathy I had waned some time ago, those two are both responsible for that thread! :-)

2 hours ago, rh2600 said:

Any sympathy I had waned some time ago, those two are both responsible for that thread! :-)

I've been otherwise occupied of late, so perhaps haven't seen as much of the car crash as you.

Can't for the life of me understand why either of them persist, must be some sick BDSM kick that they are getting. 

On 28/02/2018 at 8:06 PM, rh2600 said:

Maybe he is just over for general interest (if it is even him?)

On 01/03/2018 at 12:48 AM, Stingray~ said:

Almost certainly Adam May.

It's not Adam May unless he has shrunk about 4-5 inches and put on 6 inches round the middle. When was it taken? I saw him recently in Weymouth and he wasn't that body shape!

54 minutes ago, inebriated said:

hahahahahahahahahaha

righto

i'm not A4E

chill out guys

That's *exactly* what A4E would say! :-D

On 3/2/2018 at 8:52 AM, jaysper said:

I've been otherwise occupied of late, so perhaps haven't seen as much of the car crash as you.

Can't for the life of me understand why either of them persist, must be some sick BDSM kick that they are getting. 

Welcome back Jasper. I see you have been away. Hope all is good apart from the marxist Govt down there in Wgtn.

Just now, rh2600 said:

That's *exactly* what A4E would say! :-D

than what should i say??!

i think that alinghi were fucking scum, and i will think that until i am proven otherwise (so probably forever)

36 minutes ago, inebriated said:

than what should i say??!

i think that alinghi were fucking scum, and i will think that until i am proven otherwise (so probably forever)

dude... it was a joke ;-)

2 hours ago, Barnyb said:

Welcome back Jasper. I see you have been away. Hope all is good apart from the marxist Govt down there in Wgtn.

Well, MORE Marxist government tbh because National weren't precisely tight with the purse strings.

But still, at least they provide entertainment. I think Labour is heading for a 2nd term the way national seems to be crumbling provided Adern doesn't collapse under the pressure of new parenthood combined with one of the most demanding jobs out there.

If she pulls it off, good on her. But better her than me.

8 minutes ago, Kiwing said:

^

She looks better too.

Not a high bar to clear though.

Is it possible that an Artemis designer is helping ETNZ get a good soft sail solution.  Are yacht sail designer that close a group they help each other?  It would be good to think the designers had first, Improve yachting, Second help their team win, in that order?

47 minutes ago, Kiwing said:

Is it possible that an Artemis designer is helping ETNZ get a good soft sail solution.  Are yacht sail designer that close a group they help each other?  It would be good to think the designers had first, Improve yachting, Second help their team win, in that order?

Or maybe an ex Artemis designer. Just because they are no longer employed by Artemis doesn't mean they stop wearing the gear. After a good number of years with a team, most of your wardrobe ends up being team gear.

My point still stands;

Is winning at the time of the racing more important than improving sailing.  In the lower classes sailors share things (not all things) but they help one another for the general betterment of the group.  Does this happen sometimes in AC, the leading edge of sailing?

I guess watching Nathan, Glen and Goobs sail together I answered my own question and hence why should there not be a paid member of another team here helping ETNZ find the best solution to the soft sail question?

On 2/28/2018 at 3:14 AM, Robsi524 said:

bigger question is, whats tugboat doing in an etnz t shirt?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, basketcase said:

bigger question is, whats tugboat doing in an etnz t shirt?

That aint Tugboat. Its Chris Salthouse.

Has anyone snapped up Nathan Outeridge for this next one or is Artemis in??

40 minutes ago, Kiwing said:

Has anyone snapped up Nathan Outeridge for this next one or is Artemis in??

Artemis are in

1 hour ago, Robsi524 said:

Artemis are in

Are they?  Haven't heard anything from them but last time they were so into "we are in this for the long haul" that I would suspect they will be there when the gun goes off.

1 hour ago, Barnyb said:

Are they?  Haven't heard anything from them but last time they were so into "we are in this for the long haul" that I would suspect they will be there when the gun goes off.

Cue spinbot...Artemis are fully aligned with lazza in starting the world super league of the world ac 50 boats which are being extensively modified at Core as we speak....

te has pinged him that artemis are also looking at getting involved in the super 12M World Series coincidently being promoted by te....

8 hours ago, Robsi524 said:

Artemis are in

Somewhat to my surprise, I think they probably are. The signs are the team is holding together for something and I have difficulty believing it would just be for the AC50 circuit (if indeed that happens).

2 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

Great news!

Wonder how the will manage with the residing in the native nation. Most water is still froozen - the sailing season is normally only three month..

16 minutes ago, arneelof said:

Wonder how the will manage with the residing in the native nation. Most water is still froozen - the sailing season is normally only three month..

Challenge while representing a YC from a different country, maybe?

42 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

That, or go with an almost-all Swedish crew, who could then live and train anywhere.

Anyhow, new to me and dated March 12:

ARTEMIS TECHNOLOGIES LAUNCHES FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF CAMBRIDGE

http://artemis-racing.americascup.com/en/technology/news/3_ARTEMIS-TECHNOLOGIES-LAUNCHES-FROM-THE-UNIVERSITY-OF-CAMBRIDGE.html

and from November at https://www.maxwell.cam.ac.uk/maxwell-centre-nanodtc-impulse-innovation-seminar-series-artemis-racing

Artemis are based in the Maxwell Centre and are embarking on a variety of projects with Cambridge University.

With the next Americas Cup cycle in its early stages, Artemis Racing are currently in a research and development phase.

56 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Brainstorming, why not Russia? Would tick several boxes - except poor IP having to live one year in Sochi ...

16 minutes ago, Xlot said:

Brainstorming, why not Russia? Would tick several boxes - except poor IP having to live one year in Sochi ...

Or Australia? Bermuda, if that nice big base is still there?

26 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

I guess that makes them a non Swedish team... Wonder what club they will represent?

Yours

Arne

This radio interview is from way back in October but it’s worth a re-listen in part for how, despite all the effort the interviewer makes to turn the subject towards an Australian Challenge, Nathan keeps bringing it back to Artemis. Even back then, he’d already had discussions with TT and with IP about how they might plan the next campaign, about how Artemis has ‘unfinished business,’ about TT’s hope that high performance foiling would continue in AC36, and about waiting to see the actual Design Rule before deciding for certain. It could all have been clairvoyant even back then.

http://www.radiolive.co.nz/home/audio/2017/10/nathan-blah-blah.html

The March 12 ‘Artemis Technologies’ News post linked above ^^^ is encouraging too and ‘Simon Watin, Head of Simulation’ quoted in there was a Designer with AR in AC35 and came from VPLP before that. No need to be setting up a team of that nature if the racing plans include just RC44’s... And as many have noted, Nathan and Goobs have been SuperFoiling, not RC44’ing, in a boat that Ashby says is currently the closest boat on the planet to a JC75..

1 hour ago, Stingray~ said:

Team Putin