• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GOLfa

Bavaria

i was thinking of getting one to replace the ol' pocket rocket 22... i think it's a good looking boat. i appreciate that it's not as extreme as the users of this forum would like a 'sportboat' to be, however if you're used to sailing a non-bulb keel boat with a conventional pole that only hits double digit speeds a couple of times a year it looks pretty sporty! pricing seems decent with sails in pricing at $36,250 in the usa. no one seems to able to verify how much a J70 costs, but i'm betting more?

no one seems to able to verify how much a J70 costs, but i'm betting more?

Currently $45k. Its been mentioned numerous times in the J Forum by buyers or prospective buyers

According to the new "Fleet 9," the fleet buy cost is $40,450 + $2950 for a trailer. This is before sails or instruments, cat 5 equipment and motor. No idea what package of sails they are offering, but. have to figure an additional $8-10K. Btw, as I understand it there is only one more boat left at this price for fleet 9 and then the price goes up, but it's not clear to what - probably the $45K Jerry quotes.

fleet pricing... don't know what's in the package... how many are left at that price... mentioned on the forum... at least the B/One dealer has a published sticker price!

anyway, it looks like a J70 is approximately $10k more

fleet pricing... don't know what's in the package... how many are left at that price... mentioned on the forum... at least the B/One dealer has a published sticker price!

$44.9K Fleet Price. Includes sails and trailer. Of course instruments, motor, etc. are not included. Delivery extra. Soon to go up according to J-Boats

$44.9K Fleet Price. Includes sails and trailer. Of course instruments, motor, etc. are not included. Delivery extra. Soon to go up according to J-Boats

well, i'm not buying a fleet... so based on heresay from 'Jerryd' i still don't really know what my price is, but it looks like a J70 is approximately $10k more :)

well, i'm not buying a fleet... so based on heresay from 'Jerryd' i still don't really know what my price is, but it looks like a J70 is approximately $10k more :)

Its not "heresay". Move up to the J-Forum and read through if you need confirmation. Its been discussed extensively and being a prospective buyer, I received a quoted price myself. But yes, its probably $10K more.

Maybe rather then ask here, why don't you pick up the phone and ask your dealer?

idle curiosity really... the boats are pretty comparable in many respects so i was wondering... but i'm not interested in a J70 so i'm not going to waste a dealer's time!