Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tranquilo

Fun!

That could actually be useful in teaching kids the rarer rigs (the ones you don't see in your average club collection)...

Yeah they really want to know.............

That could actually be useful in teaching kids the rarer rigs (the ones you don't see in your average club collection)...

The most frequently used on earth by kids is not even mentionned: sprit sail (optimist)

Also: seetee sail

First, it is excellent animation and generally educational.

But, it is also somewhat inaccurate...mast heights, not just placement, afford classification.

And, as noted, some types were not indicated, but they were not "tall ships" either...

It was still cool as hell! I liked it. cool.gif

Each year I go to my wife's 5th grade class to teach them about ships as part of her integrated curriculum program. I teach them how to draw a full rigged ship. Results vary. The boys get interested when I tell them it's ok to put cannons in the side. I really could have used that video.

I think a hermaphrodite brig is also the same as a brigantine. Not sure. I don't teach the kids "hermaphrodite brig". I'm afraid a kid might ask what a "hermaphrodite" is.

Each year I go to my wife's 5th grade class to teach them about ships as part of her integrated curriculum program. I teach them how to draw a full rigged ship. Results vary. The boys get interested when I tell them it's ok to put cannons in the side. I really could have used that video.

I think a hermaphrodite brig is also the same as a brigantine. Not sure. I don't teach the kids "hermaphrodite brig". I'm afraid a kid might ask what a "hermaphrodite" is.

Could go either way.

Sounds like that old joke:

Two toddlers are hanging around on the playground.

First one says: I found a condom on the veranda yesterday.

Second one replies: What the hell is a veranda?

Heh, cool. Going to show the kids that one tomorrow after school. Perhaps having set it humorously and to music might help them learn it all :)