• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

er111a

University of New Hampshire Sailing

I am going to be a Wild Cat next year :D and I was wondering if anyone had any input about the team and such

I know nothing other than when I went to school there in the early 90s there were some seriously hot blondes hanging with the team. Go Wildcats!

Cat_Head_(vector_282).jpg

They had a massive fire that destroyed a lot of their gear a few years back. I was down there to compete a little over a year ago (fall 2010) and they had just received brand new boats. Wonderfully accommodating team and really nice people all around. For a team that seemingly got decimated overnight, they've done a credit to themselves getting back in gear (pun not intended). From an outside perspective I give them a massive thumbs-up!

I know I remember when it burned down haha I am suppose to go up there for spring break so pumped! only a 11 hour drive from VA :P

I am going to be a Wild Cat next year :D and I was wondering if anyone had any input about the team and such

You might learn to spell first, it's "wildcat" not "Wild Cats."

And the sailing team is not "cool" and no one cares about it.

I know I remember when it burned down haha I am suppose to go up there for spring break so pumped! only a 11 hour drive from VA :P

Jeebus! It's "supposed".

Good ole Dorag to always jump on my ass -_-

Sorry, but I do think it is a waste of your parents money to send you to a college. I think that perhaps you would be happier in a trade school learning to sheetrock or perhaps roofing.

Then you could drink beer and smoke cigs with your friends at the bowling lanes during league nights.

Fawk an 11 hour drive, I think you'll regret that. That's 300 in fuel alone, if you get good mileage. Oh well. Enjoy the cold. Get a drysuit, a good one.

This sentence makes no sense. What is it that you are trying to say?

Don't bother, kid, I think the rest of us understood it...

Good luck at UNH.

Don't bother, kid, I think the rest of us understood it...

Good luck at UNH.

Do you think the professors at UNH will understand?

Well my professors will most likely not be a smart ass like you ;)

You mean smart asses?

Majoring in communication?

ha, UNH has a solid microbiology department

UNH is a great school, you'll have a good time. I can't say I know much about the sailing team there... Mendum's Pond is a cool spot though.

ha, UNH has a solid microbiology department

UNH is a great school, you'll have a good time. I can't say I know much about the sailing team there... Mendum's Pond is a cool spot though.

Sooooooo, a college education is all about a good time?

DoRag is just pissed because he went to community college to get an English degree and is now taking that out on those of us actually doing something with our time in college...

DoRag is just pissed because he went to community college to get an English degree and is now taking that out on those of us actually doing something with our time in college...

ding ding ding :)

ding ding ding :)

It worries me that there were zero spelling errors in your post. Has your account been hacked?

Going to New Hampshire for sailing is analogous to going to U of Miami for the ski team.

Ummmmmmm neisa is one of the strongest sailing divisions :P

Going to New Hampshire for sailing is analogous to going to U of Miami for the ski team.

True Dat.

That's like saying a midget is tall because he's standing next to Yao Ming.

Just saying.

That's like saying a midget is tall because he's standing next to Yao Ming.

Just saying.

haha ummmm I am not following :P

College sailors arent good enough for wespy. for wespy here, if you havent won the AC you just arent that great or worth his consideration. mind you, wespy cant sail dinghies, so, i would ignore a good portion of what he says.

College sailors arent good enough for wespy. for wespy here, if you havent won the AC you just arent that great or worth his consideration. mind you, wespy cant sail dinghies, so, i would ignore a good portion of what he says.

While partially true that's also not relevant to this discussion. Also, I can and have sailed dinghies, I just choose not to.

I'm saying that just because UNH is in the best district in the country does not make them a good team.

i coached against unh for 4 years. new boats are nice. mary the coach is fair, but tough. you will be sailing in the best division in the USA so practice your boat handling.

Not a strong team, but their coach is nothing if not enthusiastic about the sport. Relative to other NEISA teams further south in the beantown area, they don't really compete and are never ranked in the top 20. That being said, you will still have a great time sailing and with any luck help the team to getting ranked.

DoRag is a junior college hi-brow?

Bettere qestione is; howe manny poesteres our intesting?

6454202301_e32b021a32_z.jpg

6469740409_3024dc57e7_z.jpg

"Hyaluronic framistan replanaration" is the thought coming to mind at the moment, since you were kind enough to ask!

And after that, alkylcarbonyloxymethylation, followed by prompt defenestration. Well chilled, shaken not stirred.

Btw, have you come up with new ideas or changes in plan regarding college choices, or is the idea just to see if interesting alternatives may come up now?

(I don't have any but perhaps someone might.)

Let's get back to the issue. Why would someone go to UNH to sail? Is this equivalent to going to Miami to ski?

Someone pointed out the chicks at UNGH would be a good reason. According to the recent US News & World Report on college rankings, the football players have control over the hot chicks, the hockey players have control over the rest, and the sailing teams are all gaye.

Hmmm did not seem to see the report dorag I will let you know if that is true when I go up there March 5th

Hmmm did not seem to see the report dorag I will let you know if that is true when I go up there March 5th

.Hmmm did not seem to see the report dorag I will let you know if that is true when I go up there March 5th

Seriously, Dude, save your parents some bucks and go to a trade school.

dorag how does it feel to have no friends and no life that you have to judge people that you do not even know? If I wanted to go to a trade school I would not have already spent five years of my life in a private college prep school where I had the opportunity to sail in high school nationals more than once.

dorag how does it feel to have no friends and no life that you have to judge people that you do not even know? If I wanted to go to a trade school I would not have already spent five years of my life in a private college prep school where I had the opportunity to sail in high school nationals more than once.

5 years? You're not doing yourself any favors here.

Be advised that prep schools are four, not five years........

WTF?

WTF?

[the Deltas have been expelled]

Bluto: Christ. Seven years of college down the drain. Might as well join the fucking Peace Corps.

WTF?

[the Deltas have been expelled]

Bluto: Christ. Seven years of college down the drain. Might as well join the fucking Peace Corps.

Ah yes, the good olde dayz.........

WTF?

Au contraire monsieur deux.

Many prep schools offer a post graduate year. A student who attended grades 9-PG would spend five years in a prep school, conceivably without even flunking a class.

WTF?

Many prep schools offer a post graduate year. A student who attended grades 9-PG would spend five years in a prep school, conceivably without even flunking a class.

And the point of a five year high school would be........?

And the point of a five year high school would be........?

I can think of alot of reasons, another year of banging high school girls legally for starters, another year of not doing anything really important except being big man on campus spending daddy's money, and most of all, another year of high school sailing, so you can really get ready to be a force on the college sailing team, especially in one of the coldest parts of the country.

Also gives athletes another year to mature and grow before competing at a collegiate level... can also give you a year to boost your GPA at a private school to hopefully get you into a better college

Also gives athletes another year to mature and grow before competing at a collegiate level... can also give you a year to boost your GPA at a private school to hopefully get you into a better college

Rather artificial, isn't it? If you can't earn your GPA in the normal time, then perhaps college isn't for you? Sounds like the strategy by some parents to hold their kids back a grade in the early years so the kid can better compete. Fact is, the kid that needs to resort to those tactics will never compete. He will end up flip[ping burgers and reporting to some dude name Raul or Paco.

Again, trade schools are OK, they are dignified ways for one to enhance their self-worth. This kid, er111a, has demonstrated time and time agin that he lacks the intellectual capacity to benefit from a college education. Yet he insists on wasting his parents money (or, horrors, taxpayer money)so he can go......sailing? He will probably also look to BHO for forgiveness so that his student loans won't prove burdensome in latter life. Er111a personifies the direction of this country and the decline of the culture that made this country great. He, not GWB, also caused global warming and percipitated Iran's development of nuclear weapons. Er111a sucks. Yet the US taxpayers will be forced to underwrite his four years sailing at UNH.

I woudente aske that, do you realley wante to no? Praize hes goode poestes an digniore the orthers. :)

I guess you remeber that one good post I made back in April '05?

Actually my high school is 8-12th grade and I will be graduating with honors hopefully and a gpa of about a 3.5

oh and you want to talk about intelligence? You try and find another 18 year old that is trading stocks and already thinking about his future....

oh GOD kid..give it up.

Put the shovel away before you run out of breath. Go to school, sail, learn, drink, whatever but stop posting.

-_- why stop posting its this douche here I asked a honest question and he is trying to come at me

I don't understand that sentence.

What exactly is it that you are trying to say?

as you grow and mature you will learn (hopefully) that sometimes it's just best to move on

sometimes you may find yourself fighting for the last word and when you look back on it, well, it was not your best move and a wild waste of time

-_- why stop posting its this douche here I asked a honest question and he is trying to come at me

First, he's asking why he should stop posting the phrase "it's this douche here." Admittedly, he wrote the possessive "its" rather than the abbreviation for "it is," but still I think this is what he means. "This douche" may be the forum, or perhaps any of several individuals on it. It could even be some completely unrelated douche he is experiencing. It is unclear.

I believe the next intended sentence means to communicate that he asked an honest question.

The last intended sentence seems to express a paranoia that you are trying to ejaculate in his direction or perhaps even onto his person. Ugggh. It is an irrational fear that would have better been left unmentioned.

1330181344[/url]' post='3600086']

as you grow and mature you will learn (hopefully) that sometimes it's just best to move on

sometimes you may find yourself fighting for the last word and when you look back on it, well, it was not your best move and a wild waste of time

And until you develop the wisdom that sumpin projects for you, please send some time with Strunk & White or another writing guide.

Even by the low standards of this venue your posts are painful to read. Perhaps more importantly for you, they suggest you will have only 1 semester of eligibility.

Good luck Grasshopper.

First, he's asking why he should stop posting the phrase "it's this douche here." Admittedly, he wrote the possessive "its" rather than the abbreviation for "it is," but still I think this is what he means. "This douche" may be the forum, or perhaps any of several individuals on it. It could even be some completely unrelated douche he is experiencing. It is unclear.

I believe the next intended sentence means to communicate that he asked an honest question.

The last intended sentence seems to express a paranoia that you are trying to ejaculate in his direction or perhaps even onto his person. Ugggh. It is an irrational fear that would have better been left unmentioned.

Jeebus!

Actually my high school is 8-12th grade and I will be graduating with honors hopefully and a gpa of about a 3.5

oh and you want to talk about intelligence? You try and find another 18 year old that is trading stocks and already thinking about his future....

Please post the name of the school so that other people on this board can be sure not to send their children to the same school.

Your posts here are embarrassing and you lack the awareness to realize it. To make matters worse, you forge ahead with the aforementioned unawareness and continue to drag down the reputation of UNH and your high school. Others have politely and gently suggested to you that you back down and spare yourself further embarrassment. Your refusal to accept this sound advice leads people to question your judgement in addition to your intelligence. You are not helping yourself by continuing to respond. You are only harming the reputation of the high school that inflated your grades and the college that accepted you. Did your entrance essays contain so many grammatical, spelling errors or did you pay a service to write them for you? If the latter, pay them a little more money to write a graceful exit post from this thread. If the former, just stop posting for a while.

-_- I sometimes wonder if people realize that there is a time when grammar does not have to be 100% perfect, none of you are getting ready to give a speech to a nation. So lets maybe try to restart this conversation? I do not mean any harm by posting on this site nor do I expect to be attacked for every post that I write....as I have been and as a person who posts on numerous forms I find the disrespect on this forum amazing.

-_- I sometimes wonder if people realize that there is a time when grammar does not have to be 100% perfect, none of you are getting ready to give a speech to a nation. So lets maybe try to restart this conversation? I do not mean any harm by posting on this site nor do I expect to be attacked for every post that I write....as I have been and as a person who posts on numerous forms I find the disrespect on this forum amazing.

Man, as someone who has been in your EXACT same position with this website I'll tell you that here... respect is earned and not given.

Hell, 3 years (and 8,000 posts) in and I haven't earned it yet. That could be because I'm a dickhead though.

Also, if you care to learn a thing or two about me before judging me so harshly I think its only fair to take a look at my senior speech....

******Link edited*****

Also, if you care to learn a thing or two about me before judging me so harshly I think its only fair to take a look at my senior speech....

Delete your post, quick.

edited to remove link!

Delete your post, quick.

edited to remove link!

why?

Delete your post, quick.

edited to remove link!

why?

How small is the village you live in? Are you really this sheltered, ignorant, and oblivious?

i coached against unh for 4 years. new boats are nice. mary the coach is fair, but tough. you will be sailing in the best division in the USA so practice your boat handling.

Ummm, you meant to write "Diana" of course.