• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebmiax

Bull 7000 Polar Diagram

Hi,

I'm buying a Bull 7000 and have found pretty much everything there is to find about the Bull except polar diagrams. If anybody could help me with this would be really happy.

Cheers

Michael

I have tried for a while and never found them.

It is great boat though, needs weight upwind, but a riot reaching and downhill.

Hi,

I'm buying a Bull 7000 and have found pretty much everything there is to find about the Bull except polar diagrams. If anybody could help me with this would be really happy.

Cheers

Michael

You lucky bastard............

Have you tried the designer?

Yes, i tried with the designer, Greg Young, but he could not help me. He let it all away to Europe as they started the production of the extended Bull. The European class association should have them but the website is down so nu luck there. Got great help from this Aussie (thanks Geoff, for giving me all the good stuff. The tuning and trim-guides was great! Nice clips!) and i tried with some other Bull-owners as well but still no polar for the 7.5m Bull 7000.

Have you tried the designer?

Yes, i tried with the designer, Greg Young, but he could not help me. He let it all away to Europe as they started the production of the extended Bull. The European class association should have them but the website is down so nu luck there. Got great help from this Aussie (thanks Geoff, for giving me all the good stuff. The tuning and trim-guides was great! Nice clips!) and i tried with some other Bull-owners as well but still no polar for the 7.5m Bull 7000.

There is at least one with an ORC cert, that will have VPP numbers on it. It's a start.

Hi,

Cheers

Michael

Michael,

what do you need the Polars for? Have a Bull since 1996, great boat, great fun to sail but have never ever looked at Polars. Just trying to squeeze out all the speed she got.

With waves and choppy water, we stayed with the no1 jib and a reefed main and with flat water we found ourselfs in good shape with a full main and jib nos.2

smooth sailing

Manfred

post-23963-033635700 1329478933_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Cheers

Michael

Michael,

what do you need the Polars for? Have a Bull since 1996, great boat, great fun to sail but have never ever looked at Polars. Just trying to squeeze out all the speed she got.

With waves and choppy water, we stayed with the no1 jib and a reefed main and with flat water we found ourselfs in good shape with a full main and jib nos.2

smooth sailing

Manfred

Hi Manfred,

I'm just curious :)

Are all battens in the jib full length?

There are no battens (on the pictures) in the jib....Is that bad?

Nevermind, then. I thought the lines ending with the black patches were battens.

Are all battens in the jib full length?

There are no battens (on the pictures) in the jib....Is that bad?

Nevermind, then. I thought the lines ending with the black patches were battens.

smile.gif okay, think we got it wrong, the boat on the picture is Manfreds, not mine (that looks as battens to me)

Got something smile.gif

Well done,

However I am wondering if those take the rotating pole in consideration.

We used to go deeper with the pole rotated and easing the the spinnaker tack a lot.

I would concur with Manfred , sail the boat and get its groove before blindly stick to polar numbers.

Have fun (you will)

seb

Got something smile.gif

Well done,

However I am wondering if those take the rotating pole in consideration.

We used to go deeper with the pole rotated and easing the the spinnaker tack a lot.

I would concur with Manfred , sail the boat and get its groove before blindly stick to polar numbers.

Have fun (you will)

seb

I will smile.gif and my guess is that they only use the main and jib in the polar.

hi,

im french and i m looking for a bull7000.no boat for sale in europe?

One in Scotland