• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ILYAsailor90

Hetairos

23 posts in this topic

First off props to the girl for winning Line Honours in the RORC Carrabiean 600.

post-16269-092335600 1329933973_thumb.jpg

Was looking at her IRC rating (1.974) and it caught my attention that may be the highest IRC TCF I have ever seen.

Does Hetairos have the highest assigned IRC Rating?

Can a Yacht/Racing boat be assigned a rating of 2.000 or higher?

Speedboat 1.960 (Orginal, July 4th '08)

Wild Oats XI 1.954 (Sydney Hobart '11)

Investec Loyal 1.911 (Sydney Hobart '11)

Esimit Europa II 1.902 (Middle Sea '11)

Rambler 100 1.877 (Fastnet '11)

Wild Thing 1.805 (Sydney Hobart '11)

Oh!

Misread as heteros.

No boobage found; backing out now; see ya later; bye.

cool looking boat, though.

Looking for interior plans now.

great story

what amount of 'hull factor' ( or other) could IRC account for to rate a boat twice as long down toward a boat half its length,

displacement i'm guessing

note this time is substantially slower than Rambler and Genuine risks previous effort

I thought full pelt was close to a rating of 2? Like very close?

There was another boat around at the same time, really narrow blue hull with insanely wide wings, anyone remember what she was called? I know there's videos of her on youtube....

Does anybody know what, (if there is any) IRC Rating for the square rigger MALTESE FALCON.

I bet that would be one of the highest ever.

Does anybody know what, (if there is any) IRC Rating for the square rigger MALTESE FALCON.

I don't know, but I doubt it.

She isn't exactly designed for out and out speed, like most of the other boats on that list, and to be completely honest I've never liked how those rigs looked in terms of efficiency.

But it remains to be one of the most ridiculous shows of wealth I've ever had the misfortune to lay eyes on....

You may be correct as far as the hull factor is concerned, but god knows how IRC handles so many acres of cloth.

Probably double the area of boats mentioned so far.

I don't know, but I doubt it.

She isn't exactly designed for out and out speed, like most of the other boats on that list, and to be completely honest I've never liked how those rigs looked in terms of efficiency.

But it remains to be one of the most ridiculous shows of wealth I've ever had the misfortune to lay eyes on....

Good thing Hetairos was built to counter the ugliness of MF, such a beautiful boat, and very impressive on the racecourse. I'd love to see some interior pics.

You obviously haven't been around many large yachts then. In that league. MF would probably be deemed "understated".

Just checked last years Transatlantic race website and they did not have a TCC for her, pretty odd to me.

Hetairos was the first boat to rate 2.000 or over in IRC in 2011; the rule changes for 2012 dropped her rating below 2.000.

There is a wee bit more to the IRC maths than Hull Factor ;)

Maltese Falcon cannot get an IRC rating due to her rigsail configuration.

Hetairos was the first boat to rate 2.000 or over in IRC in 2011; the rule changes for 2012 dropped her rating below 2.000.

There is a wee bit more to the IRC maths than Hull Factor ;)

Maltese Falcon cannot get an IRC rating due to her rigsail configuration.

Thanks darlin! :)

You may be correct as far as the hull factor is concerned, but god knows how IRC handles so many acres of cloth.

The total actual area isn't listed, but from IJPE's, 1281 square meters (13,800 ft2) total not counting the mizzen staysail, which if used would add another 225 m2.

Superyachts are no strangers to IRC, and there has been a fair bit of development in the 2012 program specifically relating to superyachts.

20 boats over 100' have been rated this year so far.

Does anybody know any modern boat with total sail area larger than the MF at nearly 1.500 sq metres?

Also what is the largest single white sail in use currently.

Had a good look at the mighty Hetairos this weekend at the St Barth's bucket.

We were right behind them when they ran aground... Pretty close to being a 3 boat pile up!