• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nessun Dorma

CATARI/PACIFIC SEACRAFT BUILD

Pogs! Is he still alive?!?!? He never posts in CA anymore!

He's over in SA being caustic. He was happier when he was here in never-never land.

Pogen is madly preparing for his doublehanded Pacific Cup this summer. He crewed on VALIS last time to steal my top-secret Pac Cup racing strategy, and now he's a competitor. He's doing a lot of local racing to get ready. And yes, he has a thing for mermaids.

Bob, I had a great time hanging out with you, Boomberries, and WHL. Thank you!

And since this is the Catari thread, let me say how happy I am that Pacific Seacraft is building this beautiful boat. Brodie deserves a lot of credit for preserving a great name in sailboats and for keeping together so many of the honest-to-god craftsmen that have been building these boats for so long. Of course I'm biased...

Pogen is madly preparing for his doublehanded Pacific Cup this summer. He crewed on VALIS last time to steal my top-secret Pac Cup racing strategy, and now he's a competitor. He's doing a lot of local racing to get ready. And yes, he has a thing for mermaids.

Bob, I had a great time hanging out with you, Boomberries, and WHL. Thank you!

And since this is the Catari thread, let me say how happy I am that Pacific Seacraft is building this beautiful boat. Brodie deserves a lot of credit for preserving a great name in sailboats and for keeping together so many of the honest-to-god craftsmen that have been building these boats for so long. Of course I'm biased...

+1

Really gotta hand it to Brodie.

Ras is going to do a bangup job with the 3D modeling - way better than my work.

With all the work I'm doing with Soñadora and 3 really busy kids, I just felt I was letting the Catarí team down by not being able to keep up.

However, doesn't mean I won't be doing ANY 3D work. I got a call 2 weeks ago out of the blue from Walt Shulz. He commissioned some renderings of a neat little 46' powerboat. Powerboats are easy. I had a nice little model rendered up for him in no time.

Walt's a real character.

There is still a long way to go to finish the 3D model but I thought I'd give you a preview of Rasps' work. There are a coupe of minor details that he will adjust today and the cebnter cockpit is not in this image yet but I think this gives you a good idea of the boat.

post-2980-098360600 1336477774_thumb.jpg

Looks funny with that strange woman aft

kdh:

There has always been tumblehome aft. ND wanted it and I thought it suited the look we are after. Rasps and I have been working with that transom corner "roll over" to get just the right look to the transom and I think it exagerates the tumblehome a bit. But there is most definetely tumblehome in the topsides. Rasps renders. I say, "Let's try this." Rasps renders again. He says "Let me try this." and round and round we go until we are happy with the outcome. It's really a lot of fun. We made a major change to the center cockpit coaming yesterday. A brilliant change if I do say so myself. Unfortunately it was not my idea. It was ND's idea and he was spot on.

Just to be clear that there's been many (hundreds) of hours spent creating renderings of this vessel throughout the design process. For those who are new to this thread, you can get a good feel for the start of this adventure by reading the 'Drool' thread here.

I don't usually go around beating my own horn, but I kinda feel like my work has been just sorta pushed under the table.

I'm sorry that after 2 years of work I was not able to keep going. It wasn't fair to Bob and Paul that I didn't have the time any longer to change/render/change/render. This was becoming especially challenging when working on the interior modeling.

post-4721-070440700 1336486894_thumb.jpg

post-4721-000500900 1336486904_thumb.jpg

post-4721-023551900 1336486911_thumb.jpg

post-4721-084097100 1336487211_thumb.jpg

Sons:

"pushed under the table"?

Not hardly. Your rendering work was the very basis for the look of the boat as it now is. We would not be where we are now without your efforts early on. There is no way I can forget the countless hours you put into getting the look of this boat right. Not to mention your infinite patience having to deal with my nagging.

I'll say this. I think the WLYDO has a 3D division headed by Sons and Rasps that is equal to the 3D work available from any office in the world. And that is not BS.

Sons? Rick? Under the table? Dude you were part if the design of the fucking table and then made it elegant! Earth to sons? Under the table? Good god man you're welcome back on my team any minute of any day. But life intrudes and sometimes real boats, real wives, real jobs and most importantly real kids, intrude and take precedence. Bob and I respect those choices as much or more than anyone here.

HTFU. Man!!!!

Sorry guys. I sounded kind of whiney. I was stuck at home all day with my 6 y.o. yesterday. Don't get me wrong, I love her to pieces but it takes a couple days to get back to my regular maturity level which is somewhere around 23. ;)

"Kind of whiney"?

You want whiney? I perfected whiney.

I just couldn't render it in 3D.

And to make it clear, that beautiful book you produced on all your rendering efforts is always ON TOP of my table. I show it off frequently.

Pack your 6 year old onto a plane and send her out to Uncle Bob. I'll take good care of her. We'll go fishing. I'll teach her how to make faces when the dogs fart.

Rasps

If you have control over diffuse or specular settings for the black on the hull, crank those down a bit and the black will be less washed out.

Hull looks great. I'm assuming you created it from Bob's lines or did you use Ivan's model?

If you want any of the models I created for rigging or hardware, let me know. I can provide those to you as Rhino or IGES or STEP or whatever.

I have a pilot house design question about Catari.

On Brigadoon, while sitting in the cockpit, I can see through the entire house forward and ahead of the boat. I consider this a great feature of this pilot house. I really appreciate it that Bob designed it that way.

I couldn't find a pic showing the effect but, this can suffice:

IMG_6952.JPG

In the drawings I've seen the two rear facing bulkheads of the pilot house are solid. Is there some part of the design of Catari that makes this possible that I can't see?

Two points:

Anyone 5'5" or taller at the helm can see over the pilot house.

There will be windows aft to look through, they are just not shown yet.

I think on Catari you will be far enough back from the PH that your field of view will be much less interruped by the house. Plus the cockpit sole is raised up a bit to help with the view.

Rick:

I send my hull lines to Ivan and Ivan creates the 3D hull file and send that to Rasper.

BJ:

You own own of the prettiest pilot house boats I ever designed at any LOA. And the truly amazing thing is I did it with a pencil and paper and the magic yacht design tools of yore. (I always wanted to say "of yore".) There was no 3D modelling. It didn't exist back then. I just trusted my eye and crossed my fingers. Now I have guys like Sons and the Rasper to do 3D work so I still trust my eye, but I don't have to cross my fingers any more.

There is still a long way to go to finish the 3D model but I thought I'd give you a preview of Rasps' work. There are a coupe of minor details that he will adjust today and the cebnter cockpit is not in this image yet but I think this gives you a good idea of the boat.

WOW.... just WOW!

I would buy a powerboat in a minute if it looked like that!!!

Bob, when I'm an even older fart than I am now I want you to do me a powerboat that looks like that!!!

BV

I like the "hey, it's plastic, we can make the shapes as practical as we want" approach to the deck. It seems difficult to make it all work and look right. Is the helm seat removable? I've never sat at my helm. I always stand, sit only when on autopilot.

kdh:

Well, there you have it. Everyone pays so much attention to the cockpit seats and the helm seat but they seldom look at the way people really sit in a cockpit. I do. I fucking study it.

The way you sit in a cockpit while you are sailing is not the same way you sit in a cockpit at a boat show.

Our helm seat is raised so Sue can see over the PH when motoring along.

The helm seat is an integral part of the transom door. It's a complex geometry that the Rasper will model soon.

Yes, it is plastic, in a way, and there is no reason to not take advantage of al the compexities and interplays of shapes that "plastic" allows. This is a not a "woodenwannabe". This is a modern boat.

kdh:

Well, there you have it. Everyone pays so much attention to the cockpit seats and the helm seat but they seldom look at the way people really sit in a cockpit. I do. I fucking study it.

The way you sit in a cockpit while you are sailing is not the same way you sit in a cockpit at a boat show.

Our helm seat is raised so Sue can see over the PH when motoring along.

The helm seat is an integral part of the transom door. It's a complex geometry that the Rasper will model soon.

Yes, it is plastic, in a way, and there is no reason to not take advantage of al the compexities and interplays of shapes that "plastic" allows. This is a not a "woodenwannabe". This is a modern boat.

I'm short too, so I when I stand I stand on the helm seat to see over the dodger when maneuvering under power, but my head is still lower than the boom. Sailing I sit on the cockpit coaming on the leeward side if I'm steering. I imagine a lot of people do this. I wondered if the helm seat on Catari would be too high for ND to stand on. I'm sure you've thought all of this out.

You seem a little cantankerous, Bob. I like that word. Your last point is exactly my thought on the deck shapes.

This is one of those details that have proably already been thought out, but it looks like there will be an opening hatch at the aft end of the pilothouse. I understand the benefit as to light and seeing the rig under sail, but since this is an open air area, might a fixed skylight be better?

I will now retrurn to cower on the sidelines.

Foil:

For now they are in.

But we are not a rigid lot. We are fluid. If a better idea presents itself we will jump on it.

Right now we are fairly confident that we have reached an uncommon level of design.

I say it modestly but not really. I am arrogant in our productive excellence.

The fact is that this boat is so fucking sexy that the rest of you are speechless! Speechless I say!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Woof!

I'll now go listen to the 2nd symphony of Sibelius.

I like it because it makes me angry. Sibelius was angry and he fed on that anger.

I think I'll have some desert and be angry.

On a lighter note I finally logged onto Spike's Memorial site today. I haven't been able to go there since he died. But I was so starved of his presence. I have worn out looking at the photos I have on my Picassa program. I know themk all too well. I needed some new images. Something that would bring him back to life even for a tiny moment.

Do not feel bad. I'll do the feeling bad around here.

1336516263[/url]' post='3704539']

BV:

You are on pal! I can't wait.

I piss and moan at the Rapster and then he turns around and gives me this:

What can I say?

she is one very handsome vessel!!

I like it, the extra foot in the aft cockpit and the contour of the center cockpit looks nice. It's a funny thing, even at 60 foot there is never enough room for gear.

Carry on.

Looking great Bob. I especially like the tumblehome rollover at the transom. It's that level of attention to detail that makes your boats stand out.

In Sons and Rasp you have two of the best modelets/renderers I have seen.

FD

I appreciate the props, but keep in mind Rasp is just getting started. He's done pretty well in a short period of time and I'd be willing to bet he's obsessing over it right now. ;)

FD

I appreciate the props, but keep in mind Rasp is just getting started. He's done pretty well in a short period of time and I'd be willing to bet he's obsessing over it right now. ;)

Yea, fair call. I didn't mean to run down Rasp's efforts, It's just that your work is, well, awsome.

He /she? has big shoes to fill.

kdh:

Me? Cantankerous? Nooooooooo

FD:

That's not fair. At this stage you should not compare their work. Son's and Rasp's work represent two distinct stages in this project. Sons rendering work was during the conceptual stage of the design when the changes were coming everyday and it was all Sons could do to keep up and provide us with a clear look of where we were and where we needed to go next. Without a doubt Sons was very good at that job and we did not make it easy for him. But now we are well beyond conceptual design and into the working drawings. Rasps work will become the tool from which CNC patterns will be cut so precision is required. We can dress up the images later with gear and trim but for now I want the model to be exactly what I have drawn so I can see exactly what needs to be changed, if it does require changing.

Bob,

If I understand you correctly, Son's work was based on preliminary lines where some "artistic license" was OK to display the conceptual shape while Rasp is putting together renderings absolutely faithful to the actual lines so the build up is critical as ultimately his work will become teh source data for CNC offsets.

Two incredible stages in supporting the design of a wonderful boat.

Tom, you're a wise guy.

That's some glossy-ass bottom paint! The tumblehome rollover looks just right to my eye. I hate the boatname font.

GREAT!! Now WLYDO has two talented renderers and Bob moves me out of my office to make room!!

I'll sure be glad when all the engineering types are done and someone brings me the lines to model...it's lonely in my office here in the basement.

(Oh, and Bob...Ruby threw up a rotten fish into my shoes)

GREAT!! Now WLYDO has two talented renderers and Bob moves me out of my office to make room!!

I'll sure be glad when all the engineering types are done and someone brings me the lines to model...it's lonely in my office here in the basement.

(Oh, and Bob...Ruby threw up a rotten fish into my shoes)

milton-office-space1.jpg

And Bob took your Swingline stapler!

kdh:

I'm with you on the name font. I have asked for something more formal and classic looking. But this is an area where I seldom have a say in the outcome and really it's not going to change the way the boat sails. But it is another aesthetic detail that I'd like to have some control over. I 5think Rasper has beena wee bit busy with more important design elements to spend much time on the font. What you see here was an effort to explore the size of the name and how it would fit on the transom.

How am I doing? Less cantankerous? But it's early here. Let me get warmed up.

Tom, you're a wise guy.

That's some glossy-ass bottom paint! The tumblehome rollover looks just right to my eye. I hate the boatname font.

And I'd look at the arc of the lettering as well- you have to deal with the arc of the top of the transom ad well as the curve of the surface, and the height most people are looking from is important too. Lots of boats don't get this right- a good marine name painter will understand.

Tom, you're a wise guy.

Only sort of kidding. I want to see the cool dink that ND is going to put on those davits too! Kidding about the rod holders, but would put them on my own boat. I didn't notice the font and don't care enough about fonts to scroll back up and look.

"I need frequent reminding that technical considerations shouldn't automatically override aesthetics." -- P. Bolger ;)

kdh:

I'm with you on the name font. I have asked for something more formal and classic looking. But this is an area where I seldom have a say in the outcome and really it's not going to change the way the boat sails. But it is another aesthetic detail that I'd like to have some control over. I 5think Rasper has beena wee bit busy with more important design elements to spend much time on the font. What you see here was an effort to explore the size of the name and how it would fit on the transom.

How am I doing? Less cantankerous? But it's early here. Let me get warmed up.

Less cantankerous. Not that I mind either way. See my avatar for my font choice. "Goudy," or something like that.

Tom, I think ND is going with a Dyer Dhow. I have a Dyer Midget.

ink.jpg

kdh:

Your name font is what I have in mind, maybe gold with a thin pinstripe in red to outline the letters.

Here's a better shot. There is a red outline. Hinckley still use real gold leaf on the sailboats.

transom-1.jpg

kdh:

Your name font is what I have in mind, maybe gold with a thin pinstripe in red to outline the letters.

Here's a better shot. There is a red outline. Hinckley still use real gold leaf on the sailboats.

transom-1.jpg

Nice try, but my eye still went right to the little blue boat hangers. ;)

KDH, You are spot on about the arc to the transom name matching the top of the transom and your photo of your boat is a great example. Bob and I had discussed that element but I wasn't going to deal with that until the vote is in on a font. Besides, I have to arc it one way to lay against he transom and now you want me to bend it the other way... And Bob is right, they are keeping me pedaling as fast as I can on major elements but assure you that the name won't get overlooked. Do you know the name of that font?

Rasp

KDH, You are spot on about the arc to the transom name matching the top of the transom and your photo of your boat is a great example. Bob and I had discussed that element but I wasn't going to deal with that until the vote is in on a font. Besides, I have to arc it one way to lay against he transom and now you want me to bend it the other way... And Bob is right, they are keeping me pedaling as fast as I can on major elements but assure you that the name won't get overlooked. Do you know the name of that font?

Rasp

Having painted a few names myself, and having watched some real good folks, including the folks at Hinckley back in the day, I'd be surprised if any rendering program could do this detail as well as a human, when painted on the boat itself. The letters don't even end up parallel or even perpendicular to the arc, and getting the name to lay right, assuming the transom is not flat, is more art than science. A good painter understands the details, just like adjusting the gaps between the letters depending on the name- there isn't anything simple about it, and sign painters who understand the weight of different letters in any given font are only part way there.

Of course I'll also tell you that Catari is not going to fit no matter what you do- CATARI just isn't going to balance. Part of why I named my boat SORN.wink.gif

Same thing is true of waterlines. If you make them even thickness when looked at from the plane of the water (fixing the problem created if you make them even thickness measured on the hull that anyone can see if the waterline is done with tape) they will appear to shrink at bow and stern- only swimmers actually would see the boat from the flat angle, the rest of us are a certain height above the water and our eyes don't quite compensate. If you bring the ends up too much our eyes will see it, but you have to bring them up some or they won't appear flat.

I've spent a lot of time with a loooong level working on this, and changing it year after year till it was right- it is easy to see but hard to do.

Two points:

Anyone 5'5" or taller at the helm can see over the pilot house.

There will be windows aft to look through, they are just not shown yet.

Just noticed them in the latest drawings. That makes perfect sense to me.

Tucky:

Balance?

You should have named your boat BOB.

AHA

My previous boat was ION- been down that road

There seems to be a trend to use a different sans serif font for the hail port. I don't like it. I don't like it one bit.

Raps, my font is "Goudy Old Style." Goudy Old Style (also known as just Goudy) is an old-style classic serif typeface originally created by Frederic W. Goudy for American Type Founders (ATF) in 1915.

3690135_0_20110825084506_7_0.jpg&w=600&h=450&t=1314299694000

MVC-003S.jpg

There seems to be a trend to use a different sans serif font for the hail port. I don't like it. I don't like it one bit.

+1 definitely don't like the substantially different font for hail port.

We had gold leaf with red outline on our flag blue boat. On the current gray, we went gold leaf with black. On Catari with a black hull, the red will make the name pop.

While I have all the respect in the world for the talent of a sign painter, I've gone to the darkside with vinyl. It's still gold leaf and I don't any of you could tell unless you walked right up to it. Difference is that if it gets scratched or anything happens to it, it is quick, cheap and easy to replace. It also seems to have better longevity/fade resistance than paint/gold leaf from my previous experiences.

Don't forget, it's CATARÍ note the accute mark

To get it in caps, use: Alt+0205

Lower case use: Alt+0238

And the numbers have to be typed on the number pad. So, to do a caps I accute, hold down the alt key and press 0205 on the number pad.

And if you're wondering, yes it's legal to have it spelled that way on the transom. You can't register it with that however. Only English Alphabet letters.

Yeah, Sons is right you have to have that accent grave or accent whatever to make it sound right.

I'm sitting here, on the Group W bench, thinking if they are arguing about the font of the name I must have got the rest of it right.

I will now walk my dogs with a smug look on my face. The dogs will be puzzled.

"What's with your face?"

Don't forget, it's CATARÍ note the accute mark

To get it in caps, use: Alt+0205

Lower case use: Alt+0238

And the numbers have to be typed on the number pad. So, to do a caps I accute, hold down the alt key and press 0205 on the number pad.

And if you're wondering, yes it's legal to have it spelled that way on the transom. You can't register it with that however. Only English Alphabet letters.

Thanks Sons,

I've already been tasked to include that dipthong or accute or accent, whatever it is... Haven't taken the time to look up the unicode yet, thanks for saving me the trouble. Rasputin

I don't like the block letters for the hailing port either. CFR46-67.123 only states that the letters be clearly legible and at least 4" tall. I've seen plenty of documented vessels with the hailing port in letters smaller than 4" though.

I don't like the block letters for the hailing port either. CFR46-67.123 only states that the letters be clearly legible and at least 4" tall. I've seen plenty of documented vessels with the hailing port in letters smaller than 4" though.

Like this?

Font, Vivaldi...

While I have all the respect in the world for the talent of a sign painter, I've gone to the darkside with vinyl. It's still gold leaf and I don't any of you could tell unless you walked right up to it. Difference is that if it gets scratched or anything happens to it, it is quick, cheap and easy to replace. It also seems to have better longevity/fade resistance than paint/gold leaf from my previous experiences.

Where are you getting gold leaf in vinyl? Most of the attempts I've seen look like someone fed a yellow candle to a goose and smeared the shit on the boat. If someone's made a good-looking gold vinyl lettering, I'd be very interested.

It was island boat lettering on Long Island... Will see if I can find a picture and link to website. Found them at the NYC boat show a few years ago.

It's like there is this 6' tall, 146 lb. naked natural blond with huge real tits, like pie plates, with the nipples sticking up at 25 degree angles (parallel to centerline) and all you guys can talk about is the color of her toe nail polish.

And there is the matter of being required to list a state as part of the hail. If it's "Newport," well, yeah, there's a lot of ambiguity. But to see "Nantucket, Mass." Or worse, "Nantucket, MA"

I don't like it one bit.

Bob, yes, the boat will be beautiful. Due in large part to your skill. But I, and I suspect others, am blown away by your willingness to oblige someone so cheerfully on a dream quest like the one ND is on.

Except when you're cantankerous, of course.

kdh:

I am in a cantakerous mood. I was just blasting some LITTLE FEAT ( I have a new cartridge and a brand new phono stage) and getting angry about the death of Lowell George. So,,,watch it.

I'm not really cantankerous right now but I'll bet I can fake it pretty good.

It's like there is this 6' tall, 146 lb. naked natural blond with huge real tits, like pie plates, with the nipples sticking up at 25 degree angles (parallel to centerline) and all you guys can talk about is the color of her toe nail polish.

Very humorous.

Bob, I think that you live and breath a boat and see what she'll be. When we're good at things we can see the final outcome.

I just look at boats and know when they look right and know you always make them look right and know you've given this amazing gift to Paul.

Gee whizz kdh, you take the catanker right out of me. That's very kind of you to say.

Now I'm derailed from my lowell George cantank.

Let's see,,,,,,,Robert Schumann died too young.

Ok I'll get angry about that.

kdh:

I am in a cantakerous mood. I was just blasting some LITTLE FEAT ( I have a new cartridge and a brand new phono stage) and getting angry about the death of Lowell George. So,,,watch it.

I love Little Feat.

My rock band reunion jam is in a little more than a week. I've been relearning a lot of tunes, but most importantly, I need some calluses so my fingertips won't bleed. I can get a pretty kick ass sound out of my P-bass, if you'll oblige me. It's going to be fun. After thirty years since we last played Marty our drummer is just going to do a "click, click, click, click" to count it out and then BLAM it's going to be really loud 'Fool for the City," our customary opener way back when. It will be a religious experience. I'm most looking forward to playing "Son and Daughter" by Queen.

kdh:

I'm jealous. My Jazz bass sits here unused. I have so much shit piled on my John Eden bass cabinet in the garage I'm not even sure I can find it now. I play my J200 quite often but my pals don't get together much anymore and I just learned thsi week that our lead player is leaving his wife after 40 years so that's going to add some weirdness.

Sometimes when I have some new hi-fi gear I pull out an album that I would not normally play just to see how it sounds. As I was preparing th4e halibut cheeks for dinner I played CHIQUITA by ABBA. Not quite as stimulating as Lowell George or Bobby Schumann but it sounded quite good. Can't say I was dancing around the kitchen but maybe two years ago I would have.

Enjoy your gig and remember the bass player's creed, NEVER TOO MUCH BASS!

Maybe if Rasps can print out twenty-seven eight-by-ten color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one, you guys can get the font right.

Meanwhile did someone say something about a 6' tall naked woman? All I see is pictures of a 60' boat.

kdh:

I love Little Feat.

My rock band reunion jam is in a little more than a week. I've been relearning a lot of tunes, but most importantly, I need some calluses so my fingertips won't bleed. I can get a pretty kick ass sound out of my P-bass, if you'll oblige me. It's going to be fun. After thirty years since we last played Marty our drummer is just going to do a "click, click, click, click" to count it out and then BLAM it's going to be really loud 'Fool for the City," our customary opener way back when. It will be a religious experience. I'm most looking forward to playing "Son and Daughter" by Queen.

Do we need to convince ND to rename Catari... To Dixie Chicken. B)

kdh:

I love Little Feat.

Brilliant! And there's the figurehead, as a bonus. Maybe less clothing.

Little_Feat_-_Dixie_Chicken.jpg

Bob, fonts are important, but I can't wait to see this ride go up & down the Chesapeake. Holy cow. I hope ND announces cruises, so I can come out in my 4KSB and see the boat for 10-15 minutes as it barrels past the Patuxent!? :unsure:

kdh:

I got to see Little Feat a few years back in Naptown..big fun. A guy that I used to work for (a certain Solomons, MD sailmaker) turned me on to them. B)

It also is bad news to fall behind in this thread...it is like you are a leg behind in the VOR. It sucks not getting to it at work anymore. <_<

kdh:

I love Little Feat.

Bi coastal Chickendom!

Bi coastal Chickendom!

Could be epic!

Have to reverse the planform of the keel though. :lol:

I just uploaded some fresh images for all you followers to Bob, lets hope he feels generous and shares with the masses here. I'm happy that Bob has full editorial powers here on this thread, I know how quickly things can get ugly here... If it gets past Bob, then it was worth you guys seeing.

I've got to say that this has been very challenging, but the interest here and elsewhere has been a big part of the excitement in working in this manner. As Bob said last night, we have a very capable design conjunction in place here that can achieve just what the client is seeking in a very efficient manner. The review process between Bob and I has been near 'realtime' and we hope to improve on that as this project progresses. I' just happy to be able to play a role in this amazing undertaking that Catari represents. Rasp

Rasper is pretty darn proud of his work and I am enjoying watching the process unfold. I know that ND is happy as hell with the work. So without further A-doo:

post-2980-021087500 1336621713_thumb.jpg

post-2980-038461700 1336621725_thumb.jpg

post-2980-076245700 1336621729_thumb.jpg