• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Editor

what are they?

What? Emergency repair bulkheads and spare parts for the Volvo 70 fleet

Where? Temporary shed at Puerto Montt

nice use of plastic buckets for the resin feed... Kind of like plugging the dike with the finger.... bad luck if a bucket runs dry.... yo sak dnow stu pidd boi.

No Resin Feeds going on here. Those green buckets at the bow are full of engineering parts for the Ker50 that you cannot see in the picture. Shame its not a 360 shot because there is a Red Ker40, and White Ker40 a Ker 50 and about 60 people hard at work as we speak. Not to mention the 2x Carkeek 40's and 2x MC38s, and a Ker 46 in the next door shed..

These guys are busy. And the workers work 7 days a week. Expats and locals.. They know their shit.

So no need to talk turkey about it.

Since you asked what are THEY.It is MC^2 60 hull #1 and Hull #2 side by side. Hull #1 is being joined by the main bulkhead now.

THis is going to be an awesome Catamaran.

nice use of plastic buckets for the resin feed... Kind of like plugging the dike with the finger.... bad luck if a bucket runs dry.... yo sak dnow stu pidd boi.

No Resin Feeds going on here. Those green buckets at the bow are full of engineering parts for the Ker50 that you cannot see in the picture. Shame its not a 360 shot because there is a Red Ker40, and White Ker40 a Ker 50 and about 60 people hard at work as we speak. Not to mention the 2x Carkeek 40's and 2x MC38s, and a Ker 46 in the next door shed..

These guys are busy. And the workers work 7 days a week. Expats and locals.. They know their shit.

So no need to talk turkey about it.

you didnt get the drift fella. The picture I was referring to was the one with the vacuum tubes going into a series of buckets.. They know their shit alright. In the same way that labourers know how to accurately mix concrete for apartment blocks in thailand, using home made wooden shovels, on a piece of board, loaded into home made wooden buckets, pulled up with ropes to others standing on rickety bamboo formwork...etc etc. One of those hundreds of plastic hoses sucks air, because a bucket is not topped up enough and goodbye vacuum.. Get the drift ?

More slow ass catamarans? Note the speed boat in the back. Along with some small ass dinghys.

...picture I was referring to was the one with the vacuum tubes going into a series of buckets...

4th photo here?

http://www.mc2catama...y/construction/

I've seen less tangles from a five buck K-mart fishing reel. Can anyone enlighten me as to the infusion technique they're using? why so many lines?

...picture I was referring to was the one with the vacuum tubes going into a series of buckets...

4th photo here?

http://www.mc2catama...y/construction/

My guess would be that these are here to collect the residue that the vacuum renders out of the laminate.

This is all fine and dandy wheres the AC72 there suppost to be building . Shed Two?

If it is in China fuck'em, fuck China and the bullshit that it is

Shitty labor laws

Shitty pollution standards

Dumps shit products all over the world getting us all addicted to their cheap shit closing all our own factories and

They peg their currency where all others have a free floating currency.

FUCK CHINA

Buy anything but chinese.

OK, I'm gonna get off this soapbox before i fall off!

Shitty labor laws

Dumps shit products all over the world getting us all addicted to their cheap shit closing all our own factories and

FUCK CHINA

Shitty labor laws

FUCK CHINA

I raced one of their new boats recently, when pretty damn good. Another China basher, get real man, only thing your pissed about is being another overpaid boat builder here in the old USA being trumped by someone in China. And what you would you know about China ?