• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silverbullet

Playoff Hockey

bring on the fuckin devils.............Marty's gonna get a kick in the nutsack

a brilliant game. Especially the third period...Rangers did NOT look tired. Brodeur looked old and slow

a brilliant game. Especially the third period...Rangers did NOT look tired. Brodeur looked old and slow

The play the Rangers are bringing are pushing Brody to the limits of what he does. The level of focus that Brody needs to read each shooter gets tougher, and more tiring. The Sen's Andy uses Brody's read and sprawl strike but he does it better. If the Rangers were able to get past Andy they should have no problem getting past Brody.

The Isles do suck. Shame really. But they always have four in a row in the early 80s.

So when I say Go Devils, what I am really saying is that the Rangers should eat shit and die.

Well the ole veteran goalie, gets another shot at the Stanley cup, GO MARTY GO !!!!!!

Well done Devils!

I feel for Marty. He's making some great saves, but his boys can't buy a goal on Quick.

(that first goal last night was total bullshit, when a goalie stick-traps the puck against his pads that's a frozen puck in my book)

Yes LA is going to go, but I'd really like NJ to make a series out of it, if only to extend the season by a few days!

boring

whatever

all we remember is Kings win

miss the GW Forum though

boring

whatever

all we remember is Kings win

miss the GW Forum though

I can't see Brody going much farther after this. And I can't help but think of Ryan Smyth's continued run of bad luck to leave the Kings right before he finally had a chance to bring home the Cup.

One good thing of this series ... nobody saw it coming. The NHL continues to show that it has more parity than any of the majors. For all that's wobbly under Bettman, it's good to see that the big stuff works well.

One good thing of this series ... nobody saw it coming. The NHL continues to show that it has more parity than any of the majors. For all that's wobbly under Bettman, it's good to see that the big stuff works well.

There's truth in this, but the hot goalie syndrome has a lot to do with it too!

Crosby: 12yrs $104million - Dumb

Quick: 10yrs $58million - Smart

Brodeur and Parise are on the block, Devils must be getting creative.

Maybe it was just that the Flyers pushed the right buttons, but Crosby seemed to be spending more energy starting punk-ass bullshit (which the rest of the team then had to manage) than he was generating offense. It seemed like the team was stronger while he was out.

Devils kept Brodeur, but at this point I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if they could hang onto Parise.

In '72 JP Parise was chosen to play on team Canada against the USSR. No one could understand this at the beginning. At the end everyone could. Along with Wayne Cashman (who), they controlled the corners and end boards. Zach probably has more finesse than his pappy but not the same grit and heart. He is just an example of big-money hockey.

Congrats to Meaty and the Wild!

Heard the rumours, but never thought it would happen. You have to think of them as a real contender now.

I'd really, REALLY like to see Parise in Minnesota. Suter too!

YEAH, baby!

Congrats to Meaty and the Wild!

It's nice to finally have something go well for the home squad. I'm not super stoked about the contracts, especially Suters. Bottom line is that if the front office didn't do something to improve the team, the "team of 18,000" was going to become the "team of 10,000" pretty quick. I also like the additions of Torry Mitchell and Zenon Konopka, along with signing Granlund (mark my words, that kid will be a superstar in a few years). Now, Mike Yeo has ZERO excuses to not make the playoffs!