• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rail Meat

James Burwick and Anasazi Girl

21 posts in this topic

Check out the James Burwick living the dream with his family. Great video of his family sailing down to Cape Town last November on their Open 40, Anasazi Girl. Well sorted boat. Brings a smile to watch them ripping it up.

They just shoved off from Cape Town to head over to Australia or New Zealand. If he is not careful, he may find himself clocking another circumnavigation on that boat!

Simply amazing... those kids are so lucky!

Thanks for sharing RM.

Simply amazing... those kids are so lucky!

Thanks for sharing RM.

Loved it!

We Repaired his sails at the Q loft in Perth about 5 or so years ago. Cant believe he is on his way back!!! That is a long long time to be on an Open 40..

James is a unique cat. And Soamira is very cool and bliss with the adventure.

We Repaired his sails at the Q loft in Perth about 5 or so years ago. Cant believe he is on his way back!!! That is a long long time to be on an Open 40..

Simply amazing.g.gif

Awesome. Seems he has a 3 addition to his crew from the last time he called in to this part of the world. James is one cool cat and should he call by would happily share a beer or rum or more with him. Had such a great time with him when he was in town 4 or 5 years ago. Think I'll have to get in touch with him to see if he intends dropping by. Thanks for posting this Rail Meat.

That's how I want to raise my kids, should anyone ever be silly enough to have them with me.

AG, one word I am on a train south.....

We left Cape of Good Hope Friday april 13th

we pushed hard to get ahead of a fast moving cold front which we did

We arirved fremantle australia 12 May

We are all good

We experienced mostly agressive and challenging conditions

And head winds coming up from the south to Freo

We are now at Fremantle Sailing Club at the service dock . One of my favorite places to tie up in the world.

Thanks for the support. It means alot to myself and the family.

All are welcome to come by. We have time and are still fresh from the PLACE that is so incredible

Southern Ocean thank you

Simply fantastic. Thanks very much for sharing that RM.

Real sailors sailoring

26-11-2012

A few days later I sailed around Waiheke again on an open 40 which was definitely a lot faster and great fun. An American family lives on the boat, with two kids and a third one on the way. The four year old girl on the boat has sailed her whole life with her two adventurous parents, just like me. They are here now until the baby comes and then they will continue sailing around the world

http://www.lauradekker.nl/English/News.html

Any news on the condition of the boat?

The boat is in South America at the moment

Re: front page. Good on them for toughing it out. I guess taking a carbon fibre rocket around the world without insurance is a pretty big risk.

Re: front page. Good on them for toughing it out. I guess taking a carbon fibre rocket around the world without insurance is a pretty big risk.

Yea! So are lots of other things about his style of sailing!

Not sure I would have put myself on that boat with my kids and no insurance etc etc but each to their own. I'm glad that despite having no mast they are safe.