Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carlwasher

OOOOPS!!!!

Brutal!!!!

I think Kenny got reamed on the start.

Telefonica rounds the wrong mark

:o DOOOOH!!!! :o

11-12 years ago, R/C changed the course at the leeward mark due to a wind shift. We watched the leaders ( we were DFL, ... so everybody else) head to the last right (now wrong)mark. Regular "follow the leader", lemming mentality etc. Funny as hell when we popped our chute from the correct mark and the whole rest of the fleet doused chutes and headed to the correct mark. That is an easy way to get first in division and first in fleet but doesn't happen often.

11-12 years ago, R/C changed the course at the leeward mark due to a wind shift. We watched the leaders ( we were DFL, ... so everybody else) head to the last right (now wrong)mark. Regular "follow the leader", lemming mentality etc. Funny as hell when we popped our chute from the correct mark and the whole rest of the fleet doused chutes and headed to the correct mark. That is an easy way to get first in division and first in fleet but doesn't happen often.

And I'll never forget the WTF look on your face when we split away from you to head to a correct course change mark! ;) In fact, wasn't that the regatta we renamed your boat "Lemming" under the cover of darkness?

P.S. I'm starting to have doubts about our boat having a rig anytime soon, so I may be available if you need rail meat.

And I'll never forget the WTF look on your face when we split away from you to head to a correct course change mark! ;) In fact, wasn't that the regatta we renamed your boat "Lemming" under the cover of darkness?

P.S. I'm starting to have doubts about our boat having a rig anytime soon, so I may be available if you need rail meat.

.....yes, been both sides of the wrong mark issue. Team Wicked would love to have a Bow Monkee coaching from the rail or anywhere else.