• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arcal

Cunningham Mini Quest

Has anyone got any pics, drawings or details about this little cat

I here that the Cunninghams designed this cat and it looks like a fun single hander with a wire.

Has anyone got any pics, drawings or details about this little cat

I here that the Cunninghams designed this cat and it looks like a fun single hander with a wire.

Mini Quest

loa - 14ft (4.27m)

boa - 7ft 61/2 in (2.3m)

Sail area - 106sqft (9.8 m sq)

Crew 1 (trapeze optional)

A 14ft with a tall cat rig set well aft to keep the bows up when driving hard. Hulls constructed of marine ply

notes from Peter Campbell's Observer's book of Sailing Craft.

http://arrowarafura.com/

I have seen a total of 2 miniquests in vic and they were both in sheds! If you see an arrow they are a much better proposition with a more developed rig. The last MQ I saw had this weird rudder arrangement where the rudder arm was hinged on the rear beam and went all the way to the center of the tramp:huh:

might be ahead of its time, looks like a planer like the 2011 As

In a way yes, they were built that way because it's incredibly easy and light, but they tack on a dime and the 14ft length necessitated a lot of rocker and fuller bows when "tweaking" the measurement rules to make a fast boat, all things the A's didn't do until quite recent designs... last 10 years?

Hey Mitchellsailor - How long did you sail a miniquest for?

What came first the Mini Quest or the Quest B2? I assume the B2?