Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

onedesignracing

Puma Wins Again!

Well done boys

Right-on Kenny and Crew! You get 24 hours off and we wanna see yo asses on the water practicing for the inshore race! Get a rum, shot-o-leg, some food and hit the water. -Sr. Chief

Don't know if it's still there, but the The Hungry Sailor in the Grove was always good for me coming off the water.

Nice job with the big cat! Take a well deserved rest and will wish for continued success.

Puma team on a roll now. Keep it up.

I happened to be in FL on Tuesday so figured I would stay another day and check out the race village. My by chance timing was almost perfect but in the end I had to leave before the winners came ashore.

Comparing to the stop over in boston these are my observations.

1. Puma has dialed way down their container village. Seems like less then 1/2 the size as before. And for a sportswear company their baseball hats were terrible. They need some help in that dept.
  2. Sanya had a good size setup. Who knew there were those beautiful beaches and babes in bikini's in China, at least they are there in the pictures.
  3. Groupama had a 20x20 tent. I have seen more impressive things at local opti regattas.
  4. Volvo pavilian was nice. Just one marine item on display, their IPS drive system that looked kind of cool. (maybe there was a marine engine but I did not see it.) They did have simulators for everything including the IPS so you could see how it worked. They also had a nice simulator that let your drive an excavator. That was fun. Walking around everybody wanted to know how many rocks you were able to do. Also driving the race cars was like a good video game.
  5. Way off but still in the park a company can't remember their name was pitching their weed killer products for your lawn. Kind of seemed out of place.
  6. They had about 20 opti's lined up facing a seawall with a 6' drop. No they were not launching them there and the guy was still figuring out how to launch. Probably on the same docks the volvo's will be on. That will be kind of cool. The kids wheeling their opti's down in front of the volvo 70's. Good photo op
  7. Puma had this paddle board setup where I guess you could try some boards. To bad it was across the way and not in the actual village and kind of hard to get to if you just wanted to give it a short try. Those Puma SUP's look kind of cool and I would have loved to try but just a little lazy to do the 5 minute walk.
  8. The little capsule you get in that moves around in tandem to the movie you are watching and sprays water on you is exactly the same as before.
  9. There is a nice 3d movie. To bad there was not one shot of Puma. I think all of the other teams were featured but maybe not. I am sure it had something to do with the location and timetable to actual to the shooting but they could have made it work. I think the best shot was the images from the top of the mast when the boats were sailing.
  10. I think the Heat were playing the Knicks tonight at AA arena which is right there. So the place was probably hopping with all that and at least two of the boats in.

I collected my 1 dollar .. Thanks Guys

Don't know if it's still there, but the The Hungry Sailor in the Grove was always good for me coming off the water.

It is now called Flanagan's Still a great place. it's the only place in the Grove with a 5AM license....

I happened to be in FL on Tuesday so figured I would stay another day and check out the race village. My by chance timing was almost perfect but in the end I had to leave before the winners came ashore.

1. Puma has dialed way down their container village. Seems like less then 1/2 the size as before. And for a sportswear company their baseball hats were terrible. They need some help in that dept.
  2. Sanya had a good size setup. Who knew there were those beautiful beaches and babes in bikini's in China, at least they are there in the pictures.
  3. Groupama had a 20x20 tent. I have seen more impressive things at local opti regattas.
  4. Volvo pavilian was nice. Just one marine item on display, their IPS drive system that looked kind of cool. (maybe there was a marine engine but I did not see it.) They did have simulators for everything including the IPS so you could see how it worked. They also had a nice simulator that let your drive an excavator. That was fun. Walking around everybody wanted to know how many rocks you were able to do. Also driving the race cars was like a good video game.
  5. Way off but still in the park a company can't remember their name was pitching their weed killer products for your lawn. Kind of seemed out of place.
  6. They had about 20 opti's lined up facing a seawall with a 6' drop. No they were not launching them there and the guy was still figuring out how to launch. Probably on the same docks the volvo's will be on. That will be kind of cool. The kids wheeling their opti's down in front of the volvo 70's. Good photo op
  7. Puma had this paddle board setup where I guess you could try some boards. To bad it was across the way and not in the actual village and kind of hard to get to if you just wanted to give it a short try. Those Puma SUP's look kind of cool and I would have loved to try but just a little lazy to do the 5 minute walk.
  8. The little capsule you get in that moves around in tandem to the movie you are watching and sprays water on you is exactly the same as before.
  9. There is a nice 3d movie. To bad there was not one shot of Puma. I think all of the other teams were featured but maybe not. I am sure it had something to do with the location and timetable to actual to the shooting but they could have made it work. I think the best shot was the images from the top of the mast when the boats were sailing.
  10. I think the Heat were playing the Knicks tonight at AA arena which is right there. So the place was probably hopping with all that and at least two of the boats in.

Did you like anything about your stay?

Kind of a buzz-kill post... at least the weather was nice on tuesday.

The volvo setup was good. On the other stuff just trying to call it the way I see it.

The volvo setup was good. On the other stuff just trying to call it the way I see it.

Puma is getting 100,000 times more marketing play out of the 23 year old golfer that just won at Quail Hollow than they ever will out of the Volvo campaign. Those goffy assed hats are what all the "pimp daddy's" are sporting these days. I hate'em too, but I'm also 45 yrs old. Just not my generation.

Just a guess but I doubt Groupama does much business in Miami/USA. Considering their financial woes this might explain why they're backing off the money they're spending in markets which aren't key for them.